Page 345 of 377 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 9406

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

I am participating in a single-pokémon challenge, with a Raticate.
    But recently, we have hit a barrier! A plot-related roadblock, if you will.
    We went to Cianwood city on the back of a poor little Sentret, and completely swept the gym.
    But we did not get the SecretPotion! And the pharmacist refuses to give it to us!
    Did I make an error in defeating the Gym before visiting the pharmacy?
    Is the secretpotion a nonphysical item and I simply forgot that I got it?
    Am I a total noob?

Edit: Yes, I am a total noob.
    Last edited by Ivoright; 21st August 2013 at 6:19 PM.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

You can get the Item after you beat the Gym Leader, would be a lot easyer. If you get it before facing the 5th Gym, you'd have to Surf all the way back to the Lighthouse, if you get the badge, you can fly back.

Anyways, I saved the game from my last post. I will be playing again later to face Team Rocket.

Credit to Inferno Production!

Once I had arrived in Fuchsia City I headed over to the local Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there since many had been injured while I battled against the Bikers on Cycling Road. I headed out to the Poke Mart to buy items, then I arrived at the Pal Park since I had some of my Pokemon from Ruby version transferred there. I caught them all in the Pal Park and then I headed out to the Fuchsia City Gym in order to challenge Janine for the Soul Badge. I had to battle trainers inside while also navigating through the invisible wall maze, but I eventually reached Janine's place. I used my Graveler and Jynx against her Poison-type Pokemon and I eventually beat and obtained the Soul Badge and Poison Jab TM from her.

i restarted SS now i just arrived in azalea town. went to the pokemon center healed up my pokes ffrom the battles we had in union cave. Talked to kurt and headed over to slowpoke well. Defeated team rocket and proton with relative ease. kurt handed me a fast ball now after headed back to pokemon center i'm ready for the gym battle. bugsy here i come.

MY awesome team
    totodile(shiny)
    cyndaquil(shiny)
    chikorita(shiny)
    hoothoot(shiny)
    scizor
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

I had restarted my game again lol Choose Totodile this time around. My current team:

Totodile
    Geodude
    Pidgey
    Mareep

After winning the Soul Badge at the Fuchsia City Gym I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and I headed east from Fuchsia City. I battled some trainers along Route 15 and I kept traveling until I arrived near the windmills. I encountered Suicune around there but it fled and then Eusine stopped by since he was still chasing it around the region. I continued to head north and I battled many trainers as I made my way to Lavender Town. Once there I stocked up on items and visited some places of interest like the radio tower, but I couldn't do much there so I went to Saffron City. I went north to Route 5 and I eventually arrived in Cerulean City. I swapped Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center and I saved.

This may be my first post here (although might have posted here previously upon my successful sring for a shiny starter). Anyway, just really wanted to type up my gym battle with Jasmine that honestly surprised me.

Ok, so I've mainly been using my shiny totodile all game. Back in Violet City, I ev trained it getting the most atk evs it could get by refighting the first sage's bellsprout until all I needed was the single atk evs the rest I had to fight would give out. This got my starter into the twenties or so. After finishing that, I just went to the gym and swept Falkner with Aqua's ice fang skipping his trainers in the gym (though now I wish I did battle them just for a bit more exp I can't get now). So yea, my totodile hasn't really had too many problems to overcome (Whitney's miltank was maybe the worst, I just had to do some healing, which oddly enough the miltank didn't do, we were just stuck because Aqua fell in love and maybe another status problem, but we did beat Whitney on our only try). It wasn't until fighting Eusine's electrode in Cianwood (forgot to get the medicine to heal Amphy before that battle, sorry Amphy) did Aqua have trouble. Even being in his thirties, he's still a totodile as I'm trying to learn moves earlier than he would when he evolves. It was the electrode. That's the first time I was worried in a battle that Aqua couldn't win.

The electrode was too fast and it's first thunder hit Aqua knocking him out from full hp. I switched into my poliwag hoping for a chance to put it to sleep. It went first, but luckily thunder missed. I put the electrode to sleep. I then used a max revive on Aqua and when able switched into him. He got out, but again the electrode was faster, woke up, and knocked Aqua all out again. Tried to do it again by switching back to my poliwag, but this time the thunder kept hitting. My slowpoke came out and eventually fainted. Swithed into the father of my pickup aipoms (to prevent the level 1s from entering the battle). A single thunder brought Pa to 1 hp. Eventually the electrode was out of thunders and revived Aqua (and my poliwag?) with a regular revive (why waste a max revive if still will be ohkoed) and with patience, items, and strategy we beat that ball.

So now we get to the gym battle. My choice is either Cianwood or Olivine. As Aqua needs no more atk evs even counting the spare 2, I decide to do Olivine first since the fighting gym is chock full of atk evs and my poliwag's been taking the atk evs in Aquas place (because he needs them too), but first needs some leveling. Since Olivine is a stronger gym, I figured we'd lose, so I biked most of the way back to New Bark to deposit all my money. I got back to the Olivine expecting to lose. To my surprise, we won. My level 17 poliwag was faster than all her pokémon. He hypnotized the magnemite, switched to Aqua (who was also faster), Aqua used surf twice knocking out the sleeping magnmite. Switch in my poliwag again and the same thing happened. 2/3 done, steelix to go. Poliwag comes out again in hopes of bringing him to the next level without putting too much towards the next so exp isn't wasted when I use my two rare candies I've obtained thus far. This time, I have poliwag set up rain for Aqua's surf to quickly take out the steelix. The steelix though knocks him out. I switch into Aqua, but before surfing, I revive my poliwag so it gets exp. The steelix screeched I believe. Next turn Aqua proved to be faster. And with one hit, not to mention a crit in the rain, surf ohkoed the steelix.

I was surprised and so proud of my team, esspecially my poliwag that battle. I also want to give my slowpoke credit for her ability to pick up the slack my poliwag had early on in his training though.

After the battle I used the two candies. My poliwag learned body slam to replace his double slap. I hope it'll help us with the Cianwood Gym. I head to the mart and find at least one delivery for me; it's a silk scarf. I feel really ready to take on and successfully beat the Cianwood Gym.

EDIT: Ok, my poliwag was not as strong as I'd hoped (his atk, body slam, and silk scarf were not as good as I hoped). Started vs a hitmonlee and had noticable trouble, but still won. This was the case through all battles in the gym. Special mention about the hitmonchan attacking Aqua my totodile...thunder punh and then, with me risking another atk, he used fire punch going from in the yellow to the red and I beat him. Finally vs Chuck. Struggle, but again with patience, items, and strategy beat the primeape with my 'wag. Next was poliwrath, possibly the longest battle in a long time. Me trying to freeze him with ice fang on my totodile. Kept going through teammates and items to finally beat him (thankful for those max revives I famred in the unown ruins; need to get more). Now breaking before heading back to main land to farm more max revives.
    Last edited by Trainer Frankie; 21st August 2013 at 6:25 AM.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

I switched to my main HeartGold version this morning in order to battle against Misty at the Fighting Dojo in Saffron City. I defeated her Pokemon easily, but then I realized that I was running short on money; I spent too much on Max Repels and even with the prize money from Misty I still didn't have much. I flew to the Pokemon League and I battled Silver there. I defeated his Sneasel, Alakazam, Gengar and Magneton with Lucario, then I used Bellossom against his Feraligatr and Raichu against his Crobat. Since I was still short on cash I decided to challenge the Elite Four while I was there. I headed into Will's room and I battled against him. I beat his Gardevoir, Grumpig and Bronzong with Lucario's Dark Pulse, then I used Togekiss against Jynx and I beat her with Shadow Ball. I used Raichu against Will's Slowbro and Xatu afterwards and I saved before heading into Koga's chamber.

Training pokemon for the 5th badge, at the Rocket hide out now. I love battling these guys Also thanks to a friend I was able to get a Charmander in a trade.
    Last edited by Volts; 24th August 2013 at 12:07 AM.

Does anyone have the active Pokerus on their Gen 4 game that would be willing to trade for items or even bred pokemon with both the nature and maxed out IV stat of your choosing?

i headed over tp blackthorn city and defeated clair and her subordinates pretty easily obviously. i then headed towards pkmn league and battled the elite 4. i breezed by them but lance proved to be bit ofa problem but after an epic battle i won. New champ! I then headed to prof elm and recieved the ss anne pass and am on my way to kanto.

MY AWESOME TEAM
    typholosion[shiny]
    meganium[shiny]
    noctowl[shiny]
    scizor
    lugia
    feraliagatr[shiny]
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

I went into Koga's chamber at the Pokemon League and I battled him. I used my Quagsire's Earthquake attack against his Skuntank and Toxicroak, then I switched to Typhlosion and I used his Eruption against Venomoth and Muk. I had Raichu use Thunderbolt to defeat Koga's Crobat, then I switched back to Typhlosion and I had him use Earthquake against Koga's Swalot. I went into Bruno's room after that and I battled him as well. I used Togekiss's Extrasensory attack against Hitmontop and Hitmonlee, then Fly against Machamp. I used Lucario against Bruno's Hitmonchan afterwards, then I used Quagsire against Hariyama and I switched to Lucario to beat Bruno's own Lucario with Blaze Kick. I then saved.

Had recently started my game over and chose Totodile which I haven't named yet, after going to Mr. Pokemon's house and getting the "Mystery Egg" & the Pokedex from Prof. Oak. I headed back to the home town along the way ran into my rival, after beating him, continued back to Elm's lab and named my rival Silver (Playing Soul Silver). Said my good bye to my mother and Officially started my journey. Caught a Geodude (named it Rocky) along the way to the first badge, had saved the game shorty after reaching the town, and will continue now.

Caught a Hoothoot named it Owl, beat sport tower and got TM 70 Flash. Then beat Flakner with Lvl 10 Totodile, Lvl 10 Hoothoot, & Lvl 11 Geodude. Picked up the Mystery Egg at the Poke Mart, also got 20 Pokeballs and 1 Premiere ball while I was there. Went to the Ruins of Alph. Used HM 06 on Geodude, smashed the rocks to find:

Rare Candy
    Max Revive
    Blue Shard
    Hyper Potion
    Great Ball

Went back to route 32 where the guy gave me the Miracle Seed, then I saved the game.
    Last edited by R2J; 24th August 2013 at 11:25 PM.
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*
    Credit to Inferno Productions

Heart Gold

Started a new game on HG on which i have picked Totidile and nicknamed him Placid. Before doing anything else in the game I EV trained him in ATK and SPD and HP which took several hours.

I have proceeded through the trying to decide on a team and have be chopping and changing members of my team and will more than likely drop a few members like my Hunter that I have for a Misdreavus as I have used Genger in other games. I have also done the Arceus event where I picked Dailga and tranfered it to my Soul Silver game.

I am currently in route 38 looking for a Miltank, one finally showed in which I ended up KOing it with a critical hit. I have 4 badges and I am trying my fire pokemon Magmar to take on the 5th Gym while looking for a Miltank.

Current team
    Magmar - Level 17
    Aipom (Oranga) - Level 25
    Flaaffy (Pharoh) - Level 24
    Totidile (Placid) - Level 31
    Hunter (Darklight) - Level 25
    Scyther - Level 14

Soul Silver
    I am just EV training different pokemon and taking on the battle frontier. I still need to go through the Kanto gyms and quest. I don't have any set team now after betting the Elite Four.

I headed over to Karen's room after beating Bruno and I used Lucario against her Weavile and I beat it with a single Aura Sphere attack. I used Raichu against her Honchkrow and Absol, then my Lucario again against her Umbreon. I used Typhlosion against her Houndoom and Spiritomb and I beat them with Earthquake and Eruption, respectively. I walked into Lance's room afterwards and I challenged him. I used Quagsire's Ice Punch against Salamence, then I used Quagsire's Rock Slide against Dragonite. I used Ice Punch against Garchomp as well, then I switched to Raichu in order to beat Gyarados. Lucario defeated Altaria and I used Raichu against Charizard. I then got registered in the Hall of Fame again.

Last time I beat Falkner, this time I went to Azalea Town to face Bugsy, but ran into Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well. After beating Team Rocket and getting some Poke Balls made by Kurt. I took on my rival, after beating him wen into the Ilex Forest to train, returned the Farfesh'd to the owners, got HM 01 Cut, and caught Oddish. Went back to town and got the Charcoal and beat Bugsy. Now I'm in the Ilex Forest headed to face Whitney. Been training in the park.
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*

Back on my other game, after finishing hunting down that stray Team Rocket grunt who appeared in the Cerulean City Gym and battling Suicune on Route 25, I returned to Cerulean City since Misty was finally back at her Gym. I headed to the Pokemon Center first to swap Pokemon, then I wandered over to the Gym and I started battling trainers around and in the pool. I made my way to Misty's spot and I challenged her once I had beaten her Gym trainers. I used Ampharos against her Starmie and Lapras and I beat them both with Thunderbolt, then I used Meganium against her Golduck and Quagsire and I defeated them with Petal Dance. I obtained the Cascade Badge and Water Pulse TM and I saved.

I bought a used Soul Silver game. It was only past the first badge but had 900 of every item and a couple cheated pokemon. Anyone need fossils? Found a shiny koffing though.
    Stand by for political rant that no one else really cares about.

3DS friend code: 1650 1976 9524

My FS type is Steel with Magneton, Forretress and Bronzong.

Before facing Whitney, I stopped by the game corner and picked up a Dratini. Trained it to lvl 20 and beat Whitney with it and Geodude. Left the gym, healed my Pokemon, then got the Squirt bottle, faced and caught Sudowoodo, & meet Bill in Ecruteak City. Currently training my Pokemon to lvl 25 on route to Olivine City and the Light House. Then I'll head back to Ecruteak City. Evolved my Hoothoot into Noctowl. Current team:

Gloom-Lvl 23
    Noctowl-Lvl 20
    Dratini-Lvl 20
    Croconaw-Lvl 23
    Geodude-Lvl 24

Beat the Light House, headed to Burned Tower. Saved
    Last edited by R2J; 27th August 2013 at 8:21 AM.
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*

Just wanted to say was heading back to Mahogany Town to finish battling Team Rocket after getting some moonballs (since I like just throwing pokéballs and seeing if the pokémon will stay in without battling and my favorite color is yellow which makes moonballs and they work the same as regular pokéballs as long as the pokémon doesn't evolve via moonstone in this game, I use moonballs over pokéballs) in case any of the pokémon they're using want to join us. Surfing back on my slowpoke who should I happen upon but Entei. That's right, the legendary fire dog ran into us while we were surfing. Now the only legendary dog I really want to catch is Suicune (and I really hate that you don't go searching around for him like you do for Entei and Raikou like you did in Gold and Silver which was really fun trying to ultimately catch it), but since this was an interesting place to find the fire dog, I decided I'd test my luck with a spare moonball while helping it get out of the water. I threw the ball and...not even a shake. Entei broke the ball and quickly fled the pond. Ah well. Still thought this was a funny-ish anecdote. Continuing on to Mahogany!

I left the Cerulean City Gym after getting my fifth Kanto Gym Badge there. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, then I went east to Route 9. I traveled along the mountains there while battling trainers, and I eventually arrived at the foot of Rock Tunnel. I visited the Pokemon Center there in order to swap Pokemon, then I went down the stream that led to the Power Plant. I encountered a wild Electabuzz in the tall grass outside and I caught it, then I went inside the actual Power Plant. I spoke with the manager of the place and I returned the Machine Part item that was stolen by that Team Rocket grunt. With the generator back in service I headed outside and I flew to Lavender Town and I saved there.

Beat the Team Rocket HQs. Last thing to do was seperate the electrode from the machine. Lance suggested battling, but I decided to catch all of them. I managed to catch a voltorb, three koffing, and three electrode from the HQ.

I visited the Lavender Town radio tower and I spoke to a man inside and he upgraded my Pokegear's radio so that it would play music from the Kanto radio stations now. I headed outside afterwards and I swapped Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center before heading south. I wandered to Route 11 eventually and I battled some trainers there. I soon arrived at the entrance to Diglett's Cave, but a sleeping Snorlax was predictably blocking the path. I had to wake it up with the Poke Flute music from the Pokegear, then I battled it and caught it in a Heavy Ball. I entered Diglett's Cave after that and I battled some wild Diglett along the tunnel. I eventually arrived at Route 2 and I picked a Pink Apricorn before saving.

Beat the 4th, 5th, & 6th badge, caught the Red Gyarados, beat Team Rocket and trained my Pokemon to lvl 30-32. Next is the 7th Badge and then 8th. My current team is:

Rocky (Gravler)-Lvl 31
    Odd (Gloom)-Lvl 32
    Owl (Noctowl)-Lvl 31
    Red (Gyarados)-Lvl 31
    Dragon (Dragonair)-Lvl 31
    Fang (Feraligatr)-Lvl 31

Got the 7th badge, then got a call from Elm about the Radio Tower, headed back to Golden Rod City now.
    Last edited by R2J; 29th August 2013 at 6:27 AM.
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*

Just caught Raikou/Entei right after beating the 4th gym leader. Used Wobbuffet to not let him escape after I inflicted serious damage. Is it normal that I caught it too early???

Page 345 of 377 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355 ... LastLast