Page 78 of 376 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 9378

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

I just finished the third gym in Goldenrod city on my both HG and SS.
    On my HG, I also just won the Bug catching competition by catching a wild Pinsir, female, level 14. I used lv 26 Surfing Pikachu to paralyzed it first, n after like 10-15 ball, it's finally mine w/ full HP. Well, after that I finally caught a Scyther too but I decided to keep Pencil (my Pinsir's name) b/c I already got one on jap HG. It has better HP anyway.
    I won the first prize n got a sun stone.

I haven't joined the bug contest on SS, I only just caught a sunkern. I wish a shiny would pop up.^^

My current team on HG:
    Betsy the crobat lv. 26
    Surfing Pikachu lv. 27(I didn't wanna nickname it, just let the Jap name)
    Heiriche the Heracross lv. 23(I forget his name's spelling, lol)
    Queeny the Horsea lv. 26
    and Lyle the shiny Totodile lv. 15

On SS:
    Typhex the shiny Cyndaquil lv. 14
    Lynn the Lanturn lv. 27
    Bate the crobat lv. 27
    Jamie the kadabra lv. 24
    Slowpoke lv. 23 (forget his nick)
    and Flying Pikachu lv. 26 (no nick either)

As you guys can see, I'm into Crobat so much that I have it on both version's team. One male and one female.
    This is the first time I use not only one gender pokemon on my team, that's why I could knock down Whitney's pokemon easily (avoiding the infatuation technique).
    Other thing, I could catch both wild Abra on HG/SS using great ball. Just threw it.

Next, I'm gonna evolve my Kadabra into Alakazam n traded a ice beam TM for my Lanturn, also some other things.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Chuck - I blame my new Tentacruel for my victory. ToxiSpikes rox.

Pryce - Seel fell to Flaaffy, Piloswine versus Monferno is FAIL, Dewgong was a pain until I used an X Special.

Jasmine - I tried messing with the Magnemites with Sudo and Flaaffy, said "Screw it," brought in Monferno, and wrecked with a machine built for the purpose.

T3AMRAWKETOMG - The only tough Executive was Archer, but Amphy beat Houndour, Hypno beat Koffing, and Tentacruel took on Houndoom. Twas a rousing success.

Clair - For some odd, unfathomable reason, I entered Ice Path overleveled and exited underleveled. Toxic Spikes were the only reason Kingdra died. Monferno's ThunderPAWNCH took on Gyara, and the two Dragonairs sucuumbed to my Hypno/Tentacruel combo.

Kimono Gals - Umbreon - Hated this one. Left Otto and Ferno unconscious, and Sudo badly hurt. Sudo won.

Espeon - Thank gawd for Disable and Hypno. And Tentacruel. (Noticing anything about these two?)

Flareon - With Tentacruel as my first living Pokemon, this was my opportunity to restore some of my team. Died to a single Surf.

Jolteon - Stubborn. Disabled Thunderbolt with Hypstah so Cruel could handle it.

Vaporeon - Critted with Amphy's Discharge. Nuff said.

In short, Hypno and Tentacruel rock, Sudowoodo and Pidgeotto suck. I'm planning to replace them with subs from Platinum or Pearl. I have no idea how I'll take on Ho-oh with my 35s. Maybe I'll just run and catch it later.

Previous update

Team now consists of:

Monferno
    Pidgeotto*
    Ampharos
    Hypno
    Sudowoodo*
    Tentacruel(o)

*Will probably replace

I beat the eighth gym, KO'd Lugia for the sake of catching a good one later, then went on to beat the the Elite 4 without any trouble at all (Entirely contrary to what I was expecting).

Was using my same trio of Feraligatr, Heracross, and Manectric, all at level 46, though the fact that I went through the trouble of EV training the last of three gave me a big advantage.

I tried to post a few days ago but it didn't work, ach!
    ~Dhiloro challenged Whitney! Although Cotton [Skiploom] easily beat Clefairy, my whole team fell to Miltank, which stomped on my poor Pokemon.
    ~I entered the Bug Catching contest and came third with a Pinsir [Choppers]
    ~Went back to challenge Whitney with a now evolved Gusto [now a Noctowl]
    ~Once again Cotton thrashed Clefairy, and poisoned Miltank [twice, thanks to Miltank's berry] as it died. Gusto came out. It survived something like five hits, but thanks to being in love with that cow, he died. But that's alright, poison was taking its toll on Miltank. Jaws [Croconaw] only hit Miltank with Bite twice, thanks to falling in love with that cow as well. And it died. Miltank had something like 1 HP. Tails [Furret] came out and Quick Attacked. Take that Whitney!
    ~Dhiloro got the Plain Badge!
    ~Dhiloro entered the Pokeathlon. He won SPEED, STAMINA and JUMP. All with Cotton. He lost SKILL by like 10 points, and POWER by like 100 points. Which just goes to show that although my Pokemon are fast, can jump and never give up, they're weak and really unskilful. Haha.
    ~Attempted to drown that tree thing. It attacked me. In panic, Dhiloro threw a Pokeball and caught the tree, which it called Oak.
    ~Dhiloro made it to Ecruteak City.
    ~And he explored the City.
    ~Dhiloro danced with the Rocket Guy and the Kimono Girl who lost her memory again. Silly girl.
    ~Dhiloro explored Burned Tower or whatever its called, and beat Ashton. Muahaha. He then saw some dog things running away, and a strange man told him how awesome Dhiloro is. As if Dhiloro didn't know he's totally awesome.
    ~Dhiloro tried to catch a Magmar, but he accidentally defeated it.
    ~Dhiloro challenged Morty. Gusto beat Gastly and Haunter, but was Cursed. He switched to Jaws which died from Gengar's Shadow Ball. Gusto finished the battle, beating Gengar and Haunter with Confusion.
    ~Dhiloro earnt the Fog badge! It is the first badge he has got without having to rechallenge the Gym Leader~
    ~Dhiloro ran away to Olivine City, disposing of the trainers on the route.
    ~Dhiloro thinks people are stalking him, what with the people who want his number all the time.
    ~Dhiloro reached Olivine City.
    ~Dhiloro explored the City and got a Good Rod.

CURRENT TEAM;
    Jaws [Croconaw]
    Tails [Furret]
    Gusto [Noctowl]
    Cotton [Skiploom]

They're all something like Level 24, I think.

@Olivine City
    BADGES; Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog

Next steps: Catch Chinchou, go to Cianwood, go to Safari Zone, catch Grimer.

Is it just me or do your opponents have 1HP all the time? You can barely see the red line when they have 1HP, seriously.

Just downloaded Yellow forest pokewalker course.
    Walked 7500 steps with the Pikachu I got from trading with Lt. Surge.
    Caught the first three "!!" encounters I came across and then returned from the walk.

Two of them were Flying Pikachu.
    I have awesome luck.

Well, I breezed throuhg Sprout Tower and the Violet City gym. Falkner's Pidgey got OGKO'd immediately, but the Pidgeotto was somewhat tougher. However, it still got defeated by Fuego's Ember and Quick Attack. It didn't even have enough time to Roost. After that I went to the Ruins of Alph and caught a few Unown, before going onto Route 32, catching a few Pokémon and getting an Old Rod from the guy in the Pokémon Center. Using that Old Rod, I went fishing in the Ruins of Alph and caught my next team member, a Poliwag named Nyoromo. After training that for a bit I went into Union Cave, immediately running into what would become the 4th member of my team, and Sandshrew named Terra (yeah, original). Currently training it in Union Cave.

TEAM
    Fuego (Quilava) - lv. 18
    Clorofila (Bellsprout) - lv. 15
    Nyoromo (Poliwag) - lv. 14
    Terra (Sandshrew) - lv. 9 (in training)

Currently trying to fix the mistakes I've made.
        Spoiler:- Sad story:

I beat Pryce with Flaaffy and Meganuim and Gyarados. It was really easy. I now need to find the Director of the Radio tower to get the password. I battled Petrel who was disguised as the Director.

Default Torp's Pokemon SoulSilver After Game Journey Part 39

Torp VS Jasmine
    Fire Ball beat all her Pokemon except Empoleon. I had Tiny Leaf beat Empoleon.
    Then, I got Fire Ball to LV 82 because he was close.

Torp VS Pryce
    Bull-G beats Glalie and Abomasnow. Electrify beats Walrein and Dewgong. Torp Jr. beats Mamoswine and Froslass.
    Then, I got Torp Jr, up to LV 82 because he was close.

I also did the Yellow Forest event today.

My Pokemon Team:
    Torp Jr./Feraligatr LV 82
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang
    Crunch
    Earthquake

Fire Ball/Typhlosion LV 82
    Flamethrower
    Eruption
    Headbutt
    Earthquake

Tiny Leaf/Meganium LV 81
    Energy Ball
    Earthquake
    Body Slam
    Rock Climb

Brave Nite/Dragonite LV 81
    Dragon Claw
    Fly
    Fire Punch
    Aqua Tail

Electrify/Ampharos LV 81
    Thunderbolt
    Signal Beam
    Power Gem
    Flash

Bull-G/Granbull LV 81
    Return
    Strength
    Focus Punch
    Substitute

Badges: 16

Poke Dex:
    National- 329 Seen 150 Caught
    Johto- 233 Seen 122 Caught

Play Time: 72:39

Expected in Part 40: Torp VS Clair

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

just beat red at lv 60-70 pokemon i think thats a record?

is it?
    There is only one road for people to walk down I don't follow that road

Tirea Mokri is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Well, my entire team is up to level 21 (except Tango, she's level 20, but she'll get there soon). I have been purposely not looking up the Gym Leaders' Pokemon/levels and going about it the way trainers in the anime or manga would - not knowing what their opponents' Pokemon will be or how strong they'll be.

Now, from what I've seen in this thread, Whitney's Miltank kills everyone. D: So I'm a tad worried. I was thinking of taking on the leader today after Tango gets to level 21, but now I am starting to think I ought to train a bit more so my Pokemon aren't slaughtered.

The World's Number One Bayleef Fan!

Sicne last post decided maybe the team I had set out with wasn't right for me, not because of difficulty but because they weren't right for me.

Because of this I may in fact restart my game either today or tomorrow, just bred a new gastly (boo) and scyther (slicer) (yes I suck at nicknames). Thinking about breeding a seel, just because of the ice beam while leveling up for use against claire/lance. Then going to start with cyndaquil (need a nickname) and take a pichu across, just to place in pokewalker to lower steps required for flying pikachu (may be easier then carrying a bird around. If not then i'll just use another pikachu i'm bound to catch on that walk and use that and breed a hoothoot or something to use.

Since last post decided maybe the team I had set out with wasn't right for me, not because of difficulty but because they weren't right for me.

Because of this I may in fact restart my game either today or tomorrow, just bred a new gastly (boo) and scyther (slicer) (yes I suck at nicknames). Thinking about breeding a seel, just because of the ice beam while leveling up for use against claire/lance. Then going to start with cyndaquil (need a nickname) and take a pichu across, just to place in pokewalker to lower steps required for flying pikachu (may be easier then carrying a bird around. If not then i'll just use another pikachu i'm bound to catch on that walk and use that and breed a hoothoot or something to use.

ok, so after headbutting almost every tree in azelea i finally find one with pokemon in it. Soon as i find a Heracross, I begin using it to battle my way back through IIlex Forest a second time. Along the way i caught an oddish and exeggcute as im unsure of which grass type to use. after depositing paras and those two into a box i began training heracross some more in route 34. During her training though, i was surprized to find that she found a golden leaf. Im now looking for the Photographer that the Main site says should be in route 34 today.

Soon as Hera learns brick Break, i will take on whitney.

Team
    Quilava lvl 23
    Flaffy lvl 22
    Heracross lvl 19
    Last edited by pikasaur; 1st April 2010 at 3:06 PM.

Been training my pokémon to level 30 around ecruteak to challenge Morty.

Current team;

Bayleef, Growlithe, Crobat, Ampharos
    Platinum FC: 1204-7135-3653 Nickname: Dizzee
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/idcac0.jpg[/img]

I beat Whitney and Morty. Both were very easy with my scisor. Now I'm on my way to Olivine city. Currently everyone is lv 26 or 27.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Torp VS Clair
    Electrify beat Kingdra, Aerodactyl and Gyrados. Torp Jr. beat Dragonite, Dragoniar and Charizard.

My Pokemon Team:
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang
    Crunch
    Earthquake

Flamthrower
    Eruption
    Headbutt
    Earthquake

Tiny Leaf/Meganium LV 81
    Energy Ball
    Earthquake
    Body Slam
    Rock Climb

Dragon Claw
    Fire Punch
    Fly
    Aqua Tail

Electrify/Ampharos LV 81
    Thunderbolt
    Signal Beam
    Power Gem
    Flash

Bull-G/Granbull LV 81
    Return
    Strength
    Focus Punch
    Substitute

Badge: 16

Poke Dex:
    National- 329 Seen 150 Caught

Play Time: 72:43

Expected in Par 41: Torp VS Brock and a slim chance of Torp VS Misty. Also, maybe I'll get Blue's number if I get this posted between 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM.

EDIT: This is Part 40, I forgot to put that at the top/

White 2:

Soul Silver: Found the director in the underground tunnels, who gave me the card key I needed to unlock the door on the 3rd floor of the Radio tower and defeat the remaining Team Rocket members. Nebula (my Espeon) finally learned how to use psybeam, and made things a lot easier. Defeated Team Rocket and the director gave me the silver wing.

Continued my adventure, travelling through Ice path. Met one of the Kimono girls, who's shoes were frozen to the ground. I helped her get loose and continued on to Blackthorn city. I've challenged Clair once, but I lost. Have trained some more since then, and I'm now ready to challenge her again.

Also, I've gotten very good at Voltorb flipping, and today I caught a Scyther at the Bug catching contest, I won third place with it.
    Formerly known as EeveeandKirliafan.

Check out my fanfic! Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Reflecting Balance

Latest chapter: Chapter 39: "I... I really didn’t mean for it to turn out this way…"

Also, for those interested in Winx Club: A Wizard's Perspective

Well, on Soul Silver I've got all 16 badges and I'm just trying to level up against the E4 before taking on Red. Pokedex is at 78, play time is at 51 hours, and the team is this;

[Havoc] Typhlosion lv 66
    [Squall] Feraligatr lv 65
    [Beacon] Ampharos lv 64
    [Poltaro] Politoed lv 63
    [Blade] Skarmory lv 61
    [Ryu] Dragonite lv 63

I just got Heart Gold and SoulSilver a few hours back! Started with Heart Gold. And im loving every moment of it! Neat graphics. Neat bagpack. Loving the new features already.

I'm in Union Cave and so far i have a lv. 20 Croconaw.

My full team plan:

Feraligatr
    Ho-oh
    Espeon
    Tyranitar
    Heracross
    Donphan/Marowak/Ampharos

I've recently thought about Ampharos and i can catch one right now, not too far away from union cave, but im still considering the other two. Donphan has great Attack, while Marowak with Thick Club can be a surprise powerhouse with 160 base attack!

Can someone help me out?
    Last edited by ~-Overheat-~; 1st April 2010 at 7:18 PM.
    Formerly, Chariking

I bought my game 3 days ago, and already I beat Chuck. I've been to the Safari Zone, I've caught a good number of pokemon. Now I'm training my pokemon so that I can battle Jasmine. My team is currently at lvl 27-28 and still growing.

Current team:
    Weepinbel
    Graveler
    Noctowl
    Flaaffy
    Gyarados
    Croconaw
    Also known as SulliMike23, SullyMike23, and Sullimon311

Planned team for Black&White (for now):

My friend code for HeartGold: 2193 0071 6980

My friend code for Platinum: 0776 0346 2328

My White version Friend Code: 2280 4861 4183

Ok so I wondered around and got more badges, but oddly skipped the one in the Lighthouse town O.o, so I beat the leader in the ninja town, the ice guy. Got my shiny Gyrados.. Yay ^_^ and leveling the team up into their 40's. almost there =3 Team Captain is still Typhlosion of course

Default Torp's Pokemon SoulSilver After Game Journey Part 41

Torp VS Brock
    Tiny Leaf beats all of Brock's team.

My Pokemon Team:
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang
    Crunch
    Earthquake

Flamethrower
    Eruption
    Headbutt
    Earthquake

Tiny Leaf/Meganium LV 82
    Energy Ball
    Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Rock Climb

Fly
    Dragon Claw
    Fire Punch
    Aqua Tail

Electrify/Ampharos LV 81
    Thunderbolt
    Signal Beam
    Power Gem
    Flash

Bull-G/Granbull LV 81
    Return
    Strength
    Focus Punch
    Substitute

Badges: 16

Poke Dex:
    National- 331 Seen 150 Caught

Play Time: 72:51

Expected in Part 42: Torp VS Misty and maybe getting Blue's number too, if it is the time. The main site says the Pokemon needs to be massaged 5 times by Daisy, although some sites say 7. It is is more than 5 since Electrify got massaged 6 times by Daisy.

White 2:

I beat Clair. Puff Daddy beat her Gyarados, Nestle beat both of her Dragonaires with Ice Shard as well as her Kingdra with Perish Song.

I'm going to go into the Dragon's Den to pass the trials.

Team:

Smokey (Quilava) - Lv. 30
    Dig
    Quick Attack
    SmokeScreen
    Flame Wheel

Raging PMS (Primeape) - Lv. 29
    Seismic Toss
    Focus Energy
    Rage
    Karate Chop

Puff Daddy (Ampharos) - Lv. 32
    Tackle
    Charge
    Thunderpunch
    Thunder Wave

Harbringer (Murkrow) - Lv. 29
    Wing Attack
    Night Shade
    Assurance
    Fly

Nestle (Lapras) - Lv. 32
    Perish Song
    Ice Beam
    Water Pulse
    Body Slam

Hooplah (Quagsire) - Lv. 32
    Surf
    Yawn
    Slam
    Mud Bomb
    THE
    END...?

omg.
    OMG.
    OMG!

I just caught my first Shiny!

I started the Bug Catching Contest, ran into the grass, and the first Pokemon I encountered was a Shiny Caterpie!!
    It was just a random encounter, too! I've never even shiny hunted before!
    I'm so lucky!
    My first Shiny! Fweeeeee! <3
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

-started new
    -got totodile
    -traded 2 eggs over (charmander and bulbasaur)
    -got through falkner
    -got through union cave
    -beat grunts chamander evolved
    -beat proton bulbasaur evolved
    -fought rival totodile evolved
    -got farfech'ds for the guy

team croconaw lv 19, charmeleon lv 19, ivysaur lv17

Page 78 of 376 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast