Well, I've finally advanced in HG after days of stalling/playing Ruby, but I'm still traveling at a snail's pace to leave enough room for my rival to catch up. He just beat Whitney with a team in their lower 20's, and since he's training almost any Pokemon he catches, it'll be a while before he starts considering a permanent team...(Meaning he'll be taking FOREVER, but at least that means he'll enjoy the game I bought him) Anyhow, here's my current progress.
- Freya realized the grass in front of the Safari Zone is hella useful to train in. Freya is evicted off the property due to repeated Tauros abuse before her Doduo, MezzoForte, can evolve.
- Freya notices Growlithe's bold nature is really detrimental to his stats, making the Flare Blitz attack she spent forever breeding onto him useless. Even though a firestone was secured yesterday, Freya will wait until Lv. 34 to make Scherzando evolve, and she preys his stats will improve.
- Freya is tired of training against wild Pokemon that are really stingy with the exp. points! Freya flies to the Lake of Rage to get new enemies to appear so MezzoForte can finally evolve. - 3-
- The Red Gyarados harmlessly thrashes next to Freya, but because she is a havoc-bringing douche-bag, Freya lashes out at the beat! Female Red Gyarados caught with one Love Ball and nicknamed Merissa! So much for the masculine Gyarados! With the Love Ball having a capture rate of 8 when used on a Pokemon of the opposite gender, Freya is kicking herself for not using them during the Crystal playthrough! GYARADOS WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN NEARLY AS DIFFICULT TO CATCH IN THAT GAME...
- Lance flies in, too late to notice Freya took care of the Gyarados her damn self. He asks Freya to assist in the investigation, and though Freya replies, "I'm pretty sure I can take care of that on my own." he only hears, "Yes! Let me be your lowly assistant!"
- Lance's Dragonite aggressively assaults a man with Hyper Beam. Freya labels this as overkill, considering the man had no Pokemon. A simple smack on the head would have done the trick just fine, but Freya's being hypocritical again.
- Freya purposely runs in front of surveillance to encounter as many Rockets as possible! The Rockets, all with Pokemon under Lv. 20, are truly a joke...Hardy any exp. out of them. But, after six Rockets, MezzoForte grows another head! 4/6 of Freya's Pokemon are now fully evolved!
- After a battle, Freya heeds the nice scientist's advice and does not touch the surveillance computer. After all, more Rockets want to be molested by Freya's Pokemon!
- Freya walks all over the trap-infested floor TO TRAIN! :'D
- Freya meets up with Lance again, who did a horrible job taking care of the grunts on the first floor. Freya tells Lance he is fired as Investigation Partner, but Lance only hears, "You're doing such a good job taking care of the Rockets!"
Gonna finish that bit tomorrow. For now, I've got to be training my Ruby team for Norman whilst I wait for my rival to advance in his game.