Page 177 of 374 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,425 of 9342

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

I'm about to fight Red. Need to train some more tough.
    Trying to catch Suicune.

No luck yet, he keeps breaking out of net balls/ultra balls with one hp left (false swipe) and even when he is asleep he keeps breaking out.

I WANT HIM SO BAD.

Edit:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    I caught Suicune 30 seconds ago.
    Last edited by EzzPeon; 2nd January 2011 at 4:39 PM.

Default SoulSilver Journey Post 84

I didn't mention this, but on New Years Eve, I took on the Battle Tower and managed to get my 100 win streak. That means I have 4 stars on my Trainer Card. I also evolved a few Pokemon. Including the two happiness evolutions that I didn't have. I'm not counting Roselia since I can breed my Roserade. Now I only need 111 Pokemon left.

Seen:425 Obtained:382
    Top Five Non-Legends<---You can't stop them from domination...

Friend Codes:
    SoulSilver: 2407-8763-0856
    Platinum: 4726-3826-6538
    Pearl: 1890-7956-1544
        Spoiler:- Battle Info:

NeoDarkraiTV <--This is my YouTube account. Click and watch my Twilight Princess Runthrough and FireRed Runthrough.
    Currently working on making a competitve battling guide. Help would be appreciated.

Follow me on twitter.com/NeoDarkrai or facebook.com/NeoDarkraiTV for random stuff and updates on when new Episodes are up.

Alright I picked my game back up over winter break and have been doing some serious training getting ready for red. altaria from 62 to 82, typlosion fro 65 to 85, Raikou from 60 to 81, Gyrados is on 61 and is being trained, same for my lv. 73 mewtwo. I also did a lot of safari zoning catching the "blocks" pokemon with the old hit em in the face with mud technique

Wow, been a while since I've posted. Last time, I'd just gotten my third badge. Now I've finished me pre-E4 grinding.

Shortly after defeating Morty, I picked up my seldom used pearl, and used it to cheat a little and get some evolutions. I evolved Eevee into a Vaporeon, I evolved Vulpix at lvl 24 after she learned flamethrower, and I used a metal coat I found on pearl to get myself a Steelix.

Steelix was a blessing and a curse. On one hand, he was unstoppable. On the other, he was slow. I rarely used Steelix on the water or in caves, because his terrible speed meant I couldn't run, ever.

In Cianwood, Ninetales and Bayleef combined forces to take out Chuck. His Primape fell to Ninetales, who confused it with confuse ray. It hit itself, then got incinerated by Ninetales' fire blast. Poliwrath fell to my usual strategy of poisoning it, setting up the reflect and then beating it down with magical leaf. Chuck's wife gave my fly. Pidgeotto FINALLY has a good flying type move. She shouldn't have to wait until level 38 just to learn wing attack when Starly learns it so early.

After that, Ninetales destroyed Jasmine, and I used the iron tail TM on Steelix. Finally, a decent STAB move!

I moved onto Mahogany Town after that, and that Team Rocket was up to their shenanigans again. Of course, they were pathetic. All of them.

Pryce was fairly easy, Bayleef took out Seel and Dewgong while Ninetales took care of Piloswine.

In the radio tower, Bayleef finally evolved! Meganium didn't see alot of action though, with his only attacking move being magical leaf.

Ice Path, I decided to catch all the ice types inside. Ice is a cool type. In there I grinded everyone up to level 35, because I remembered how bad Clair was in HG. Except Pidgeotto. She hit level 36 and finally evolved.

Fortunately, shortly after entering Blackthorn gym, Vaporeon learned aurora beam. That, coupled with the fact that Meganium could destroy any Horsea or Seadra that stood in my way, meant that Clair's minions stood no chance.

Clair herself though, that was tough. Her Dragonair didn't stand much of a chance against Vaporeon, but Kingdra and Gyarados were a different story. Gyarados fell to my own giant snake, with such a terrible moveset and Steelix's impressive set of resistances, it was fairly easy. Kingdra though, it's a good thing Meganium poisoned it, otherwise I would've been screwed. Meganium actually fainted, and I had to use a revive to bring him back to stall her out. In the end I won through the poison damage.

Got my extremespeed Dratini, something I didn't get on HG for some reason. I was planning on training it, but she has a jolly nature, and she likes to run. The competitive battler in me wants to EV train it.

Kimono girls were not as bad as HG. Unfortunately, Ethan wouldn't let me go to Kanto until I'd dealt with them, so I followed them down to Whirl Islands, watched them summon Lugia and tried to leave again. Ethan stopped me again. Fine, I thought, and decided to just KO Lugia and come back for it.

Yay Kanto! Pidgeot finally learned wing attack, and Steelix got some impressive additions to his moveset. He learned curse in Victory Road, and then I stumbled upon the fabled TM26, eathquake. Grinded Steelix, Meganium and Vaporeon to 40 inside Victory Road, and then took Ninetales and Pidgeot down to route 27 to train there.

I've saved inside the pokemon league building, I hope all goes well (it won't, but still).

Meet the Team:
    Meganium @ Miracle seed
    Calm
    Magical Leaf
    Reflect
    Poisonpowder
    Synthesis

Vaporeon @ Quick Claw
    Modest
    Surf
    Aurora Beam
    Quick attack
    Sand Attack

Steelix @ Muscle Band
    Docile
    Iron Tail
    Earthquake
    Rock Tomb
    Curse

Pidgeot @ Silk Scarf
    Quirky
    Fly
    Wing Attack
    Quick Attack
    Sand Attack

Ninetales @ Charcoal
    Hasty
    Fire Blast
    Flamethrower
    Quick Attack
    Confuse Ray

Lots of quick attacks, but I think it's a useful move. Sixth slot is the extremespeed Dratini currently. I'm losing faith in Ninetales, she's missing out on OHKOs with fire blast, but I shall persevere (at least until Houndoom/Blaziken become available).
    Userbar credit: Myself
    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...
    Platinum Dex Progress: 200/496

After evolving my Luxio into Luxray, I deposited it into the PC and turned off the game. I went to the GameStop distribution for the Shiny Raikou and I downloaded one into the game (HeartGold) and then I turned the game back on when I got home. I went to the PokeMart in Violet City and obtained the Shiny Raikou from the delivery man there. I was so excited about the Raikou that I decided to spend the day training it and just walking around with it following me. I really enjoyed its special moves like Weather Ball and Aura Sphere, and even its Extremespeed and Zap Cannon moves seemed neat. I trained the Shiny Raikou in various places including Victory Road and the Seafoam Islands, and it managed to gain 7 levels within a 2 hour period. After a while, I decided to use it in the Pokeathlon and I went in with my Shiny Raikou, Lucario, and Togekiss. We managed to beat our previous record, which was something I hadn't been able to do before. I love this Raikou! I saved after that.

Default SoulSilver Journey Post 85

Nothing new happened. I evolved some Pokemon. That's about it. My Pokedex is getting closer and closer to completion.

Seen:428 Obtained:387

Friend Codes:

NeoDarkraiTV <--This is my YouTube account. Click and watch my Twilight Princess Runthrough and FireRed Runthrough.
    Currently working on making a competitve battling guide. Help would be appreciated.

Follow me on twitter.com/NeoDarkrai or facebook.com/NeoDarkraiTV for random stuff and updates on when new Episodes are up.

I haven't played HeartGold at all for about a fortnight but last night I picked it up again. I was getting tired of laying Guardian Signs so HeartGold was a breath of fresh air.

I didn't do much but it is worth documenting. I trained my Trapinch up ~20 levels, almost bringing it on par with the other four members of my team. I've decided to use Trapinch, Krabby and Murkrow for Sabrina so those three are the ones getting trained up. I am having trouble with the former two having such pitiful special defence which doesn't hold up against the powerful psychics.

After spending an hour or two on training I headed to the Safari Zone. There I completed the second test and became the rightful owner of the Safari Zone. I was hoping to lay down some items to bring some rare Pokémon out but the guy hasn't thought of that yet.

The reason I wanted to do this is because the sixth member of my team can only be caught in the Safari Zone. It's OK though because he won't be added until after the Sabrina battle, though at this point it looks like it might be called off.

Default January 05, 2011

Excerpt from Pokemon Trainer Landon's Journal:

I finally defeated Blue. Got a call from Professor Oak, telling me to go visit him for something special.

After walking there (since I don't have any Pokemon that fly), I got the a-ok to walk into Mt. Silver (at last!). Walked around Mt. Silver and called Lyra, to see what she'd say about me being there.

After a couple of encounters with wild Pokemon (in which I caught a Sneasel and trained both Mocho the Lanturn and Mono the Typhlosion), I made it to the Pokemon Center. There, I switched out Maho the Bellossom for Afa the Rattatta (my HM Slave. hahah) so that I could get into the famous lady's house. Interesting Fearow.

After that I went inside of Mt. Silver for a bit, got some training done. However, I suddenly remembered that I might want to go looking for those Gym Leaders and get their numbers. So I switched out Koyu the Garchomp for Boba the Fearow and flew to Ecruteak City first. I found Morty in front of the Bell Tower and got his number. The trees weere so pretty...

Then flew to Cianwood, where I got Chuck's number from his wife. Crazy old man never leaves his gym.

I flew over to the Lake of Rage next on got Pryce's number as well.

Then back to Mt. Silver I went. I talked to all of my Pokemon as I trained them, trying to scope out their feelings on our being at Mt. Silver. Most of them were pretty scared. However, when I got back to Koyu the Garchomp, he started smiling and getting all lovey and stuff. It was cool, but definitely not the time and place. But whatever. Koyu's a big scary dragon, he should be cool, right? But then Bobo the Snorlax started reacting similarly and so did Mono the Typholsion. I think they're either toughening up or a screw's coming loose throughout my party.

I caught myself a Teddiursa which I named Mama and a Larvitar that I named Rarar during this time period. I actually might start training Rarar sometime. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Then I took a rest and Saved my game.

Current Party:
    Mono the Typhlosion (lv. 57)
    Muscle the Machamp (lv. 56)
    Koyu the Garchomp (lv. 55)
    Maho the Bellossom (lv. 55)
    Bobo the Snorlax (lv. 55)
    Mocho the Lanturn (lv. 50)

Landon
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 6th January 2011 at 9:12 PM.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Well, that didn't go as badly as I was expecting. I actually fought Will twice, because as soon as the door closed I realised I forgot to buy revives. And in that fight there were two casualties, Pidgeot and Ninetales.

Elite Four: Take Two!
    Will:
    He wasn't as bad as the first time. His two Xatu fell before Vaporeon and her aurora beam, her impressive bulk letting her take the psychic attacks quite well. Slowbro didn't do anything but curse as Meganium set up the reflect, poisoned it (I love that strategy) and whittled it down with magical leaf. Ninetales fried Jynx and Exeggutor.

Koga:
    Steelix was a major player here. Cursed up against his Ariados, then destroyed it with an earthquake. Venomoth gave me some trouble with its psychic, which did a surprisingly large amount of damage to Steelix, and subsequently Pidgeot who I switched in. Muk fell to Steelix, despite Muk using multiple double teams. Foretress fell swiftly before Ninetales, and Crobat was an evasion noob. But Steelix eventually managed to take it out.

Stop being an evasion noob Koga!

Bruno: Steelix again was dominant here. Cursed up against his Hitmontop, who did very little damage with a super effective dig. So I waited for it to go underground, and the hit it with a +2 STAB x2 earthquake for an obvious KO. Hitmonchan fell before Steelix's powerful quake. Hitmonlee foolishly hit me with swagger, boosting my attack to staggering levels. I hit through the confusion for a +4 earthquake on both it and Machamp. Onix fell before Steelix with a +4 iron tail (I had to start conserving earthquake PP).

Karen:
    I put a pecha berry on Meganium, forseeing the synchronise when I poisoned it. She switched it out for Murkrow just as I switched to Steelix to hit it harder. So Steelix destroyed her Murkrow with rock tomb. Houndoom fell before Vaporeon, her quick claw activating at a crucial moment and allowing her to surf it away. She was taken down by Gengar's destiny bond though. Vileplume fell to Pidgeot and her fly. And we're back to Umbreon. I poison/reflect stalled it with Meganium.

Lance:
    I went into this fight expecting to lose. It wasn't until Vaporeon managed to take out Charizard and one of his Dragonite that I thought I stood a chance of victory. His Gyarados fell to a combined effort of Meganium's poison and Steelix's rock tomb. His blizzard Dragonite fell before Vaporeon, not even managing to land a hit. His thunder Dragonite also fell to the aurora. I attempted to set up on his Aerodactyl with Steelix, getting six curses and then destroying it with a super effective iron tail. Then came his level 50 Dragonite. I was hoping I could survive his fire blast and hit back, but nope, Steelix was OHKOed. I began a tedious cycle of setting up reflect and posioning it, reviving pokemon to switch into as it ran rampant with outrage, delivering OHKOs left and right. Through poison and eventual confusion, I managed to whittle it down, only for him to use a full restore. This happened THREE TIMES. Eventually I got it down to about half health, and sacrificed Meganium to get Vaporeon in behind a reflect. Thanks to some rock tombs hitting and lowering its speed, I was able to get in a quick aurora beam and finish him off.

That's what i hate about battles against Champions. They can take SO LONG. I remember timing my fight against Cynthia in diamond, it clocked in at over fourteen minutes.

So I went on the SS Aqua to let off steam :3
    Userbar credit: Myself
    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...
    Platinum Dex Progress: 200/496

Default SoulSilver Journey Post 86

I evolved more Pokemon. That's really all I did. My Pokedex did improve. I only have 100 Pokemon left. And just like I did with Platinum, I'll put a little spoiler that lists what Pokemon I need.

Seen:430 Obtained:393

Spoiler:- Remaining Pokemon:

Friend Codes:

Today I did a little bit of training with Trapinch. Then we headed to Saffron City to take on Sabrina for our second Kanto badge. I knew I was going to lose but I challenged her for stories sake.

Well, did Murkrow do a good job or what? She swept Sabrina's entire team getting a lucky critical hit on Alakazam after it used Reflect which is probably what got me the win.

So I got the badge and decided on challenging Janine for the next badge so Trapinch can have his moment of glory.

I tied up some loose ends, buying a few items and such. Tonight I intend on heading to the roof of Celadon Condominiums to listen to the mans scary story.

After training my Shiny GameStop Raikou a bit more, I decided to go back to capturing Pokemon I was missing for the National Dex. There was a a Poochyena swarm on Route 1, so I went there and captured two Poochyena. I kept one of them on my team and I evolved it into Mightyena after a while of training in Victory Road with the Exp Share item attached to it. I deposited that and continued to Cherrygrove City. I Surfed and found an area and I realized that I needed Rock Climb in order to access it. I got a Pokemon with Rock Climb and climbed the rocks. I then had my Pokemon use Headbutt on a tree a few times and I managed to find two Taillow in there. I captured them, and attached an Exp Share item to one of them. I went to route between Ecruteak and Olivine and rebattled some trainers there. I managed to evolve the Taillow into a Swellow after a few rounds. I went to deposit that and then I trained at the Saffron City Dojo against Lt. Surge. I then saved.

Default SoulSilver Journey Post 87

I evolved some Pokemon. I got all the Johto Pokemon now. I also forgot to mention last post that I got the Gamestop Raikou on Monday. I got the Crown Beasts from Japan (thank you Wi-Fi trades), but I might as get them.

Seen:430 Obtained:400

Friend Codes:

Haven't touched these forums in quite a long time, and the same can be said about my Pokémon games. However, Black & Whites March release re-energized my desire to play.

Over the past week, I have:
    *Obtained 5 of the remaining 6 Kanto gym badges, leaving me with Blue's badge to obtain.
    *Started playing the Single Battle Hall with my shiny Gyarados, and achieved a streak of 20 thus far.

My goal is to obtain at least a silver badge from each of the 5 battle facilities, defeat Red, and catch all of the legendaries within HG before B/W launch.

-1st place at my Toughest Trainer Tournament
    -Friend Codes
    -White: 3954 6397 8535
    -Diamond: 2019 6150 4056

This really made my day;

I was busy all afternoon, to catch Latias. (couldn't seem to track it down.)
    Finally, I found her! forced her to stay with Wobbufet and after 17 fast balls and about 13 dusk balls i caught her!

yay yay yay ;p

Default SoulSilver Journey Post 88

Again, I've been evolving Pokemon. I also need to breed some Pokemon and evolve them. Mainly Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon. I'll also trade over some Eggs over from Platinum.

Seen:433 Obtained:408

Friend Codes:

I totally forgot about the pok&#233;mon ranger manaphy. I traded it to my Heart gold, and also evolved some more pok&#233;mon.

Still don't know what to use my master ball on. Or if i'm even going to use it. (Considering to use it on Lugia (lvl70) or Mewto (lvl70) or one of the roaming pok&#233;mon that keep using roar)

Default SoulSilver Journey Post 89-Johto Pokedex Complete

In the time between posts, I increased my Pokedex by a significant amount. I bred and evolved Pokemon for the most part. I also traded an Egg over from Platinum. I'm going to be doing that a lot more. With that big increase, I finally completed the Johto Pokedex. The next thing I'm going to do is work on the Sinnoh Pokemon.

Seen:444 Obtained:426

Friend Codes:

Heart Gold: Finally bothered to climb up the Bell tower, and the Kimono girls summoned Ho-oh, pretty amazing cutscene there. Caught Ho-oh and then returned to New Bark town. I used my master ball to catch Ho-oh after my first attempted failed and I realized I didn't have enough ultra balls, but since I only intend to finish the game so I can capture Kyogre, send it to Soul Silver, capture Rayquaza and then use them to help finish my Platinum Pokedex, I figure it doesn't really matter.
    Formerly known as EeveeandKirliafan.

Check out my fanfic! Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Reflecting Balance

Latest chapter: Chapter 38: "If this works, then surely there won't be any doubt anymore."

Also, for those interested in Winx Club: A Wizard's Perspective

I've been working my finishing my dex; there's a lot of holes. A lot of them can be filled once I get around to breeding though. I also am working on an all Eevee team, so I've been raising my eevees one at a time.

This really made my day;

I was busy all afternoon, to catch Latias. (couldn't seem to track it down.)
    Finally, I found her! forced her to stay with Wobbufet and after 17 fast balls and about 13 dusk balls i caught her!

yay yay yay ;p
    Latias was the legendary that took me the longest. I'm not sure why, but chasing her all over Kanto took me forever.

In heart gold................ currently training team outside mt. silver
    shiny butterfree at the daycare with tropius
    Pokedex seen: 304 Obtained:184

My peeps

Leafeon credit to: Grovyl

Cu-laimed!

LOL
    reading this i realize how lucky i got w/ latios and the 2 roaming beast

caught them in like 10 minutes

on topic, i just beat thorton the first time!
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/b3r2j5.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Bugwarrior View Post
    : THAT'S IT! *turns to Milo* I DON'T WANT YOUR BALLS MILO!
    : o.o
    wifiguest3216: battle plz, no nasty plot, or sword dance, or dragon dance, and u HAVE TO LET me set up bellyzard, and no taunt, or heracross, and NO WEAVILE, and no substitute unless I have it. And dont use that many attacks and NO ROAR or WHIRLWIND. AND IF IM GOING TO LOSE, then quit the fight.
    Back early!

Not much, except for catching moltres and
    leveling my pokémon. I'm about to challenge
    Red but I will train a bit more.

Just beat the 8th gym leader headed to newbark to get the masterball from elm now to challenge the kimora girls.. or whatever. only thing is im pretty underleveled and had trouble I got thumped.

Heres my team:

Lv. 35 Amphoros

Lv. 34 Togetic

Lv. 32 Miltank

Lv. 36 Lapras

Lv. 32 Meganium

Lv. 28 Pideotto

I've tried to keep my pokemon as balanced as possible.

Haven't been playing much on my copy of SS... but I did get a hold of an event Raikou. I might play some more tonight... train up some of my lower level Pokemon and stuff.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Page 177 of 374 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast