Page 184 of 369 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 9202

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

I made my way through the Olivine Lighthouse and finally got to Jasmine's location. She talked to me and asked me to get her the SecretPotion from Cianwood City, and she opened one of the doors at the Lighthouse. I went back down and healed at the Pokemon Center, then I headed to Route 40. I began to Surf around the sea area and encountered a wild Tentacool and captured it. I also battled my way through the water and my Croconaw evolved into Feraligatr at long last. I Surfed all the way around the Whirl Islands and then I arrived in Cianwood City. I healed at the Pokemon Center and then I picked up the SecretPotion for Jasmine. I was going to challenge Chuck at the Gym, but I decided to explore the island a little more first. I obtained the Shuckle from the Maniac guy and I also took a photo, before I went north. I saved before going towards the Suicune there.

Default February 5, 2011

Excerpt from Pokemon Trainer Justin's Journal:

Today was a really, really, really, slow day. Fruitful, very fruitful, but slow.

Well, first thing I did today was challenge Chuck. It wasn't too hard, Chopper (Feraligatr) and Knight (Gallade) took care of most of the work. I got Fly from his wife and I taught it to Toothless (Vibrava), and we healed the Lighthouse Pokemon. It was so bright, my eyes still kinda have a glare in them.

So we flew back to Cianwood, and Baoba called. Told me about the Safari Zone, so I headed over. Asked me to catch hima Geodud and I did. The Safari Zone's a really pretty place.

After that I hung out at the Safari Gate, and trainer Toothless (Vibrava), Chopper (Feraligatr), and Sniffles (Piloswine) at different times. Toothless finally evolved! She's a full-grown Flygon now, and she's finally making the other team hurt. I'm excited to use her in a real battle.

Baoba called again soon after, and asked me to catch him a Sandshrew. He also told me to move the panels around. That was some cool stuff. I did what he asked and now I'm an official owner of the Safari Zone. That's sounds so cool. I'm fancyy!

I also went over to the Pokedome, and participated in various events. We do goooood. We finally beat all 5 different categories, so they let me go into the trust room. Yeaaaaaah! And I talked to some of the people in the stands while watching an event. Seems I'm getting kinda famous. That's cool. hahaha.

After some of that, I dropped off Cheshire (Furret) into the Day Care, so that I could train my other Pokemon and she'd level up at the same time. I walked around a bit, and didn't like the feeling. I picked up both Sticks (Yanma) Cheshire again and went to rename them. Both me and Sticks weren't feeling too good about her name, and Cheshire felt her name was too long. The Name Rater allowed me to rename Sticks to Eveline, and Cheshire to Chesh.

So we went back to the Safari Gate and trained some more. And low and behold, Eveline evolved into a Yanmega! Both of us were so excited, we taught her some TMs. I trained up Sniffles too, so that he learned Earthquake.

Entered in a couple more events, and then I tried my luck at the Lottery. Got a Dragon Claw after spending 3000 Pokemoney. Ugh, I need to watch my money.

Now I'm exhausted. Sooo... I'm off.

Team SCARECROW

Chopper (FeraligatrM, lv. 37
    Chesh (Furret) F, lv. 32
    Toothless (Flygon) F, lv. 45
    Knight (Gallade) M, lv. 36
    Eveline (Yanmega) F, lv. 36
    Sniffles (Piloswine) M, lv. 40

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Default SoulSilver Journey Post 95

Once again, I've bred and traded Eggs over from Platinum. I did hatch a Croagunk and Finneon. Once I evolve those, then I will have all the Sinnoh Pokemon in my Pokedex.

Seen:485 Obtained:482

Spoiler:- Remaining Pokemon:
    Top Five Non-Legends<---You can't stop them from domination...

Friend Codes:
    SoulSilver: 2407-8763-0856
    Platinum: 4726-3826-6538
    Pearl: 1890-7956-1544
        Spoiler:- Battle Info:

NeoDarkraiTV <--This is my YouTube account. Click and watch my Twilight Princess Runthrough and FireRed Runthrough.
    Currently working on making a competitve battling guide. Help would be appreciated.

Follow me on twitter.com/NeoDarkrai or facebook.com/NeoDarkraiTV for random stuff and updates on when new Episodes are up.

I recently got SoulSilver and started playing it a few weeks ago (I got HeartGold on its release date). I've got all eight badges and am training for the Elite Four, but I think I still need a lot of work:

Typhlosion: Level 42
    Lanturn: Level 41
    Crobat: Level 42
    Heracross: Level 40

Aiming to get all of them to Level 45 before attempting the E4.

^I did it with level 40 Pokemon (with the exception of my starter, who was at level 45 to handle Lance's Dragons), but I can see why you want 45.

Also, how come you only have four Pokemon?
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Osiris View Post
    ^I did it with level 40 Pokemon (with the exception of my starter, who was at level 45 to handle Lance's Dragons), but I can see why you want 45.

Also, how come you only have four Pokemon?
    I might give it a shot if they're all up to Level 43, but I'm worried about Lance because I have no Ice- nor Dragon-type moves on my team...

I also only have four Pokémon because I have two HM Slaves. I had six on HeartGold and got sick of having to keep dropping off Pokémon in boxes when I needed a Pokémon with Strength, Cut, Whirlpool or Rock Smash; for example. Ideally I'd have a fifth (I was thinking Exeggutor), but when I get my Kanto starter I'll be picking Bulbasaur as a fifth addition.

Scratch that - just caught a shiny Usaring! GET IN! This'll be the fifth Pokémon in my team.

Question: Is Brave a good nature for a shiny Usaring? :S

I encountered Suicune in the area north of Cianwood City. It fled though and then Eusine showed up and challenged me to a battle. I defeated him quickly and healed at the Pokemon Center. I then went to the Cianwood City Gym and battled the Gym trainers as I solved the Gym puzzle. I challenged Chuck and I defeated his Primeape with my Feraligatr and Fearow. I then used Flaaffy and Fearow to take down his Poliwrath and won that battle. I got the Storm badge and the TM and headed out. I got the HM for Fly and taught it to my Fearow. I flew to Olivine City and climbed up the Lighthouse there and gave Jasmine the SecretPotion so that her Ampharos would get better. She then returned to the Olivine City Gym and I left back to Cianwood City to train along the new route that opened up. Saved.

Just beat the Elite Four! First four were a breeze, but I used about 20 Hyper Potions, 6 Revives and 7 Full Restores during the match.

Lanturn - Level 48
    Typhlosion - Level 47
    Heracross - Level 46
    Crobat - Level 47
    Lugia - Level 45

All credit goes to my Lanturn, don't know how I managed to defeat three Dragonites with no Ice- nor Dragon-type moves on my team! Just glad I did it.

Geeze, one more fight till I finally fight Thorton after so many years, and I lose. I was like "BEEP!!! BEEP BEEP BEEEEEP!!! BEEEP BEE-BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEP! BEEEEP!!! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEEP!!!" And to this day, I've never even seen the 4th Gen Factory Brain at all, and I've only seen the Tower Tycoon once. (That time, however when I faced the Tower Tycoon, I was just happy enough to fight him, which would have been the case here, too. Everyone else, I have beaten.) And the sad thing is, the Factory was NOT this hard in Emerald. Once again, I could beat the Battle Factory in Emerald no problem.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Not doing much in my SS since I started my shiny hunt for a purple Wumple. Just hatching a few boxes worth, then resetting. Very boring, but it'll be worth it. Eventually.

I did manage to do a bit more on my sister's HG, though. I evolved her Seel and traded a Snowrunt egg over to her using my Platinum. Hatched it on her game then put it into the Day Care. Must have taken seven eggs before I finally managed to hatch a female (so much for 50/50 -.-).

We ended up nicknaming her Glacia, and then used a Dawn Stone on her. Gave her a NeverMeltIce, then started training her up. We'll probably get all of her team up past lv. 40 before taking on Clair, though.

Congrats on the Ursaring, Flux :D
    CURRENT SHINY HUNT: ???

Spoiler:- My White Shiny Pokes:
        Spoiler:- My Soul Silver Shiny Pokes:

1549 3029 4677 Soul Silver
    4427 0768 2727 White

Got my win streak in the Battle Tower up to 42 then got a call from Boaba or whatever his name is and was just messing around with objects. Caught about 10 Pokemon and I ran into Kangaskan twice but couldn't manage to catch it.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Not much actually. Hatching some eggs. I got Raikou via wi-fi this morning.
    Feebas finally evolved, and I got blue's number.
    Also did some rematches to train my team.

Decided to give some thought to what moves my team knows and sadly also decided to stop using my level 100 Growlithe, as she's not very good and I already am using a Typhlosion who has much better stats.

Gave new moves to Empoleon (still need to give him Ice Beam), Dragonite, Typhlosion (still needs Thunderpunch), and Hariyama (still needs Ice Punch). I also decided to train up a Chinchou that I had hatched ages ago because I want to use a Lanturn. It'll be my only ev trained pokemon.

I battled in the battle tower for some BP since I had none and I want to get one of the training items for Chinchou but I can't decide which one.

I also just got called by Joey, he want's to battle.

I now have 5 Raikou's... one is a crown and the others are from the vent that started today...

I recently breeded a modest Piplup and gave it Ice-beam, i also got the other 2 and gave my turtwig (modest nature) energy ball along with its egg move seed bomb... lastly my chimchar... has Thunderpunch, Flame thrower, Aerial Ace and Dig...

On SS: Got Raikou event via wifi then did a few sr for shiny latias.
    On HG: Battling Whitney atm, will update when battle is done.

EDIT: beat whitney and moving onward now to soodwoodoo.
    Last edited by kill and run; 7th February 2011 at 3:01 PM.

BEAT THE ELITE FOUR!!! I know that doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment, but it was very stressful with this team. I cannot describe how happy I am at this moment to finally be done with it. Instead of giving a rundown of each battle, I have decided to talk about each pokemon.

: Did pretty good. I didn't really use it all that much, since grass/poison types aren't too effective against any of the Elite 4. But it did have get the win over Gyarados and managed to put one of Lance's Dragonite to sleep, which was a game changer.
    : Decent. Poison Jab pulled through more times than not. Defeated a few Pokemon, but nothing truly extraordinary.
    : Pulled through for me many times, especially with paralyzing Lance's last Dragonite. Was the second best Pokemon in my team for the Elite 4.
    : AWFUL. Don't use it. Jynx did not take out a single pokemon, which is odd since it is super effective against 3 of the 5 people. It couldn't take a hit, and proved worthless. It was great during the main game though, just not Elite 4.
    : Ok. Nothing spectacular.
    : The only reason I prevailed was because of Tauros. It took down 4 of Lance's Pokemon, including all 3 Dragonite. Tauros probably took out half of the 26 Pokemon in the Elite 4.

And with that I am done. I plan to start a new game soon, and I will try to do a better job about updating this thread with it.
    HeartGold Wedlocke
        Spoiler:- Current Party:

Before I went back to my main focus in the game, I downloaded the Wi-Fi Shiny Raikou. I decided to deposit it since it was more of a collector's item. Anyway, I went to the Route 47 area of Johto since that opened up once Jasmine returned to her Gym. I met Chuck at the gate and then headed on to the cliff area of the route and battled against the trainers that I encountered. I Surfed around in the sea area and captured a Seel. I then battled some more and finally arrived in the Safari Zone area. I went in and captured some Pokemon and then trained in the tall grass in the area. I finally leveled up my team to the desired levels and flew back to Olivine City. I healed at the Pokemon Center and entered Jasmine's Gym. I battled her and beat her two Magnemite with my Growlithe and Quagsire. I then switched to Feraligatr and defeated her Steelix with a few Surf attacks. I obtained the Mineral badge and the TM for Iron Tail and saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerdude View Post
    : AWFUL. Don't use it. Jynx did not take out a single pokemon, which is odd since it is super effective against 3 of the 5 people. It couldn't take a hit, and proved worthless. It was great during the main game though, just not Elite 4.
    I'm Surprised, Jynx did so well for me against the Platinum Elite Four, but I guess it's because of the different types.

I've restarted my SoulSilver, just hatched the eggs.

Chikorita
    Vulpix
    Remoraid
    Bonsly
    Pinsir
    Snubbull
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I managed to beat Morty without to many problems. It took awhile for Kessy, my pidgeoto to take down his gengar though because she only had twister and gust and neither are that effective. I had to use her though because she is the only one that wouldn't be damaged by shadow ball.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Just picked up the Shiny Raikou off wi-fi and killed a Drowzee just for the heck of it. Might pick up HeartGold and continue on my way to Azalea Town.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Doing some training on Route 48 so i can fill out my team.

Meganium lvl 44
    Ampharos lvl 42
    Pidgeot lvl 42
    Eevee lvl 28
    Seel lvl 25

Badges: 5

I had trouble beating Claire without an electric type attack or an ice type, and my shelgon's dragonbreath is not strong enough. So I'm trading them to SS, my main game, where I hope to get some in the 45-range after a few rounds with the E4. I know it might be called cheating a little bit with pokes not leveled in that game, but I'm trying to wrap it up before BW

I have claimed Giratina

Default February 7-8, 2011

Excerpt from Pokemon Trainer Justin's Journal:

Well, I began the day in the best possible way; thwarting Team Rocket. Me and Lance put a stopper in Team Rocket's plans for Mahogany Town. I caught one of the Electrodes too. I felt so bad for having to cause them all to faint, and this one barely hung on. So I caught it. I might use it for the Pokeathlon, since it's got nice speed.

After that, I went to the Gym and challenged Pryce. I basically used Chopper (Feraligatr) the whole time. We won!

As soon as I left the Gym, Professor Elm calls me. He told me that the radio was saying something about Team Rocket. Those Rockets never learn when to quit, do they? I checked my Radio card and what do you know? Professor Elm was right.

So I flew over to Goldenrod to try to put a stop to their evil scheme, whatever it was. The Rocket wouldn't let me into the Radio Tower without a uniform, so I went to the Underground and snagged the one they had reserved for pictures. I have to admit, I went around and scared people. I'm not too proud of it, but it was interesting.

So I went back to try to sneak in, but Zachary came back and ruined my disguise. Jerkoff.

So I had to battle my way up and down and back through the Underground and back up. Zachary challenged me again, but I took him down fairly easily. Each of my Pokemon had a chance to battle one of his.

So, apparently, this guy named Archer was behind it all. He was hoping Giovanni would come back, but I took care of him and Team Rocket disbanded.

And now I'm on my way to Blackthorn City. I made a pit stop over at the Lake of Rage, but now I'm back on track. We'll see what the rest of this day has in store.

Team SCARECROW
    Chopper (Feraligatr) M, lv 45
    Chesh (Furret) F, lv 35
    Toothless (Flygon) F, lv 45
    Knight (Gallade) M, lv 41
    Elevine (Yanmega) F, lv. 40
    Sniffles (Piloswine) M, lv. 42

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

@Nachoe! - Is Furret just an HM Slave? I can't see it being useful at any point in the game other than using cut.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Page 184 of 369 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast