Page 2 of 376 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

Just started HeartGold yesterday (in my car, no time to post since we arrived home at around half past nine).

- Chose Chikorita as my starter, like what I'm planning anyway. Got him (eww) to lv 11 I even reached the third town (forgotten the name).
    - Caught a lv 4 female Pidgey, currently lv 10 (squee x3)
    - Caught a lv 4 female Caterpie, still in training progress

EDIT:
    - Female Caterpie evolved into Metapod, currently lv 7
    Last edited by Illusione-Tempus; 14th September 2009 at 12:43 AM.

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

MY soulsilver got erarsed O.o
    Started a new game picked chickorita instead of cynda.
    Looking for a sentret
    Chickorita (Ven) Lv 9
    3ds 0860-3328-3384
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/zx4emh.png[/IMG]

- Caught a lv 6 female Mareep
    - Caught a lv 6 female Hoppip
    - Evolved my Chikorita into Bayleef :3

Alright! Now for some training with the cute little lamb :3

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

continuing my soul silver now!

- went to sprout tower.
    - finally evolved my cyndaquil to quilava before battling falkner.
    - beaten falkner.

i'll probably won't continue this game for a while though ;w;

i'm in shock e-electric shock!

{ twitter // tumblr // shop // credit to f(x) }

Soul Silver night:

-Defeated thousands of tentacools
    -Defeated Eusine
    -I'm in Cianwood now!
    -Defeated Chuck
    -got Fly and got more of Kurt's pokeballs : )

I traded to get a Snorlax and a Honchkrow from my Platinum.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

- Beat Red
    - Got a Kanto Starter
    and actually I have no clue what would make fun to do next.
    If only some nice RNGs would be already discovered^^

Hm, I started HG several days ago... From what I remember:

- Named my male char Raze and got a Cyndaquil (aka Quill)
    - Caught a Pidgey for fun
    - Caught a Sentret because it was cute, lol
    - Realized I can finally carry apricorns after talking to a guy
    - That old guy who gave me the map was freaking fast
    - Caught a Zubat and a Mareep
    - Went to Bellsprout Tower and defeated the Head Monk
    - Defeated Falkner finally...
    - Surprisingly caught a Wooper
    - Rock Smashing was fun in the Unown caves... Apparently, my Sentret found 3 items in a row while Rock Smashing (Is that Normal? o_O)
    - Went back and forth looking how to get past that guy who stops you when you're heading to the path to Azalea Town (I now realize I gotta get that egg so I need to do that after)

Okay, nothing much happened as I tend to enjoy the game as much as I can.

- I sent Sentret to PC and decided to use it as HM Slave.
    - Beaten all the elders and level up my Totodile to LV 16.
    - Got TM70 Flash.
    - Challenged the flying type gym and lost to that stupid Pidgeotto (thanks to Roost)
    - Challenged again and won with Torrent (yay abilities)
    - Got smart and went for the egg in the PokeMart.
    - Saved the game.

Okay first off I beat Falkner the decided to explore the Ruins of the Alph. I caught several different types of Unown before returning to the Violet City PokeMart. I noticed a delivery guy in there and talked to him and as I left I was approached by one of the Kimono Sisters. My current Team is...

Chikorita Level 12
    Sentrent Level 11
    Unown Level 5

My copy arrived Friday but I hardly have any time to play games anymore, I should be much futher then this.

Didn't catch an Unown as I decided it would of been too much of a hassle at this time. (I do plan on catching and raising one later.) I caught a random Rattata (Taxi2) so I can send him to my Plat. for fetching me stone (since I planned on fully evolving ZuoCi and having spare stones ready if needed.) Anywho, saved the Slowpoke well, won against Bugsy, and almost had my butt handed to me by... ??? (I couldn't fit Silver in... sooo ^_^; ) But ZuoCi's Metronome of Sword Dance and then Earthquake saved the day. After healing, restocking on items, ball making... with Kurt, and some imported Vitamins from Sinnoh for helping me raise his happiness; I head to the forest, got the 2 Farfetch'd, got Cut, and leveled up the team of 3, due to horrible memories of Whitney's Miltank of Death back in my original Silver. After arriving in Goldenrod, I snagged my radio card, healed up, and started on Whitney's gym. Halfway through the gym ZuoCi evolved, so I stoned his last evolution, and saved right infront of Whitney. *gulp*

I restarted my Silver and chosin Cyndaquil

1-Went to Elm's
    2-Currently reseting til I get a decent usable nature
    Last edited by Jessie_James; 14th September 2009 at 8:42 PM.

Just Battling with Kyogre as I type. damn thing won't get in an ultra ball, and I only have 25 Ultra Balls left.

-Heart Gold arrived this morning from Play-Asia
    -Chose Cyndaquil. His name is Kaji.
    -Defeated some Sentrets, Pidgeys, Spearows and. Found a potion too.
    -Arrived in Cherrygrove City

Kaji is currently Lvl 8

Edit:
    - I now have the following Apricorns: 2x Green, 1x Pink
    - I have received the egg from Oak
    - Kaji is now Lvl 10 and also knows Ember

I'm now returning to New Bark Town
    Last edited by DryBones; 14th September 2009 at 9:59 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Much has happened after my last post, now I've got 4 badges. Most hilarious for me was the 3rd, I used just the Machop the one guy trades you in the pokemart of Goldenrod. As soon as I traded it for a drowzee I went to the gym and start battling. At the end my Machop had level 19 I got myself tho badge thanks to Machop alone. I was really surprised since I heard that Whitney is hard to beat...whatever. Then I played around in the Pokethlon until owning Morty with my Crobat..now it's surftime...
    There'll be total devastation,
    Pure annihilation
    Or absolute surrender.
    I'll have limitless power,
    This is our finest hour
    Now go,go,go,go!
    "and those silly comments like mews under the truck."
    PKMN Diamant FC : 3266 1329 4105

PKMN Platin FC : 1634 2465 5625

PKMN Heartgold FC : 4512 3200 9906

I got my Soul Silver when I got home from school! I started playing it right away! I chose a Totodile for my starter and battled my rival and what not. I then caught a Pidgey and now both Totodile and Pidgey are level 10! I caught a Geodude for rock smashing, which I just got, and stuff. And I also just caught a Mareep! I'm going to train the Mareep to level ten and go have some fun in the Bellsprout tower!

I went to Whirl Islands and caught Lugia, after 4 or 5 turns with just one Dusk Ball. My Lugia has a 31 HP and 28 Defense IVs, so it's not that bad.
    I replaced my underleved Golbat with Lugia and went to Tohjo Falls.
    Now I just entered Victory Road, and I'll probably catch a Ursaring.

Just started HG Friday and just beat Whitney. Right now I have:LV 33 Feraligatr,LV 11 Mareep,LV 10 Togepi. Eh I'm kinda not liking my Feraligatr's moveset it has: Ice Fang (WIN),Crunch (WIN),Cut (FAIL),Rock Tomb (FAIL).
    [IMG]http://i34.*******.com/ajmc7m.jpg[/IMG]

Nothing wow so far. Got the game a few hours ago, so Im still in the beginning(just beat the first gym). My favorite thing till now is the new music and the new details in town, like the spinning Market sign and the pond in Violet City.

I started Soul Silver a couple days ago, and it's going even smoother than my original Crystal playthrough. :3 My Cyndaquil back in the day usually wouldn't evolve into Quilava until I beat the Boss-Elder in Sprout Tower, but this time around, he reached Lv. 14 before I even entered Sprout Tower. ._.

Anyhow, I only have two Pokemon on my team at the moment (excluding Paras the HM slave and Lance the Togepi). Of course, my Quilava, Sotsu, and Razia the Flaafy, both at Lv. 23. I'm currently training around Goldenrod to beat Whitney, as I remember her Miltank being no pushover in the days of G/S/C.

I've got my sixteen badges already. Yeah, it didn't take me too long, I guess. My main Pokemon are Umbreon, Ampharos, and Lapras, which are perfect, since they're my three favorite Pokemon. I'm currently looking for places to train so I can beat the stronger Elite Four and, eventually, beat Red. I got around to his fourth Pokemon with only my level 74 Umbreon remaining, but that's all.

Hey guys! Guess who's been playing Heart Gold over the weekend? And who's been recording my thoughts about it all that time(in a bullet-point form rarely seen outside of my anime episode commentaries)? Their raw, unedited conent will be pasted here as I feel like slogging through the forums to post them.

-For reasons unbeknownst to mankind, I have acquired Pokemon Heart Gold. In a language I cannot read. Exciting adventures await! I haven't read a whole lot of the info from the past few days(aside from front-page level news), so expect me to be more surprised at certain things than I should be.
    -The intro credits are already supplying the appropriate "dun...dun...DUN"s.
    -Why hi 3D Ho-oh. And silly revamped GSC characters. And...are those DISTINCT TR ADMINS? Well I'll be. (Team Galactic is still better)
    -Now this is some pumped-up title screen stuff! The camera angle of Ho-oh even moves around!
    -Oh right, Ho-oh has the same lousy garbly cry it's had since 2001 or whenever the hell GS first came out.
    -Moon speak menus? When in doubt, pick the option with the exclaimation point.
    -Priority 1:Find the "fast" text speed option once I'm allowed to delve into menus.
    -For some reason you can only touch the corner of the touch screen to advance text, since of you being able to poke it ANYWHERE. Well, I'm not going to question it since I use the actual buttons for my dialog-advancement anyway.
    -Whoa! Oak changed his clothes for the first time in 307 years!
    -Why yes, that IS a Pokemon. Why isn't there an option to skip this stupid crap by now? I'VE SEEN IT ENOUGH SINCE RBY.
    -I'm going to be a boy, because HGSS Chick looks weird. And she has terrible taste in hats.
    -My name will be Jupu(in english letters, thank you!) so I can tell when people are talking about me.
    -And now to BEGIN THE GAME.
    -In the same old room you see twice in the entire game.
    -I must be blind, for I cannot seem to find the "change text speed" menu in this touch screen menu. And there is no menu that pops up for any of the buttons.
    -Hello...touch screen mailbox?
    -Apparently you can use the A-analogue on the touch screen as a substitute for pressing A in *any* situation. I'm not sure why you'd want to do this, but you can.
    -Mom decides to give me the gift of MENUS.
    -Good to see we still have some saves that take FOREVER. Okay, this is only the FIRST save, but I do hate how this gen of games decided to make random saves take a minute longer just because you did something or other.

-Having returned to the game after stopping RIGHT WHEN I GOT THE ABILITY TO USE MENUS(hey, I wanted to get in my 3 minutes of Heart Gold before I had to run off somewhere, okay?)...ooh, the title screen menu is also touch-screen now. Kinda pointless since it starts on the option you usually want to pick, but whatever. Let's continue, eh? When we left off I...had just gotten menus! Yay! Now I have a BAG and a TRAINER CARD and a SAVE OPTION...and an OPTIONS MENU! Horray for fast text, the "set" battle style, and turning battle animations off! And customized text box borders. A few recycled ones(or ones that are basically recycled even though they're SLIGHTLY different), a few shiny new ones. I went with option 20, a nice patterned blue border.
    -You can sign your trainer card right from the trainer card screen now. Makes sense.
    -Time to leave the house...and a Marril runs into me, giving Female MC an excuse to show up, but not talk to me. Whatever.
    -The rival still shoves you away when you first talk to him. Yay!
    -Hi lamest Pokemon Professor. Gimme my Pokemon so I can stop remembering you exist. PS:Your lab music sucks.
    -I shall go with...TOTODILE! Its evo line rocks and it gives me an excuse to ignore Johto's pathetic excuses for water types. Totodile shall be named Liver, because I have suddenly decided to name the members of my team after bodily organs.
    -And now I have a small crocodile following me. Wonderful. Now nobody will dare rob me as I go about my journeys!
    -Elm? Seriously, shut up. SHUT UP. I just want to go out and kill things with my mini-crocodile, and your Japanese blabbering is holding me up.
    -Liver's mood is:"..." Makes sense, I just stole it away from the only life it had known until now.
    -Hey, there's an actual button to swap around skill order! Too bad the touch screen battle commands make the order of your attack list a non-issue.
    -One of the aides gave me 5 potions before I left. Man, remember when you actually had to remember to look in your item box & talk to a guy representing the Pokemart to get your free start-of-the-game potions? Of course, there's not an item box anymore, is there? (they really should put that back in. Hell knows I don't need half the stuff in my medicine and main item pockets at any given time.)
    -Hello Soul/Kotosomething/whatever. I see you are deigning to talk to me now that I have a Pokemon...oh, I apparently am supposed to know you? Whatever. At least you didn't drag me into a battle tutorial or capture tutorial or anything like that.
    -Time to leave this dump...oh, what is it, lady? Do I have to tell Mommy I'm leaving? Fine. She had better have running shoes or something waiting for me.
    -Pokegear. Pokegear is acceptable, although I swear you got it earlier in the original GSC.
    -I CAN GIVE MY POKEGEAR A TEAM ROCKET SKIN. THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER. (other options include:The colors that the other gender player defaults to, some fancy design with a golden outline of a Pokeball surrounded by stars, a very Japanese looking skin, and some generic white/blue thing. All of them change the way the clock font looks as well as the various background colors. I wasn't expecting ANY option to change the Pokegear's colors, so...this is FANTASTIC news! Now I can be a girl in English HGSS without worrying about PINK POKEGEAR FOREVER.)
    -Let's try leaving town again, with my criminal organization branded Pokegear in tow...ELM. SHUT UP. LET ME GO. Oh he...did...something? I dunno, I wasn't really paying attention, but I heard fanfare...ohhhh, he gave me his phone number. Riiiiight.
    -Goddamn this game has the ugliest tall grass I've ever seen. Sure, it's more realistic in some ways, but damn is it UGLY.
    -OH MAN WILD POKEMON BATTLE. AGAINST:SENTRET! Its new sprite receives an "E" for "Eh".
    -I am loving the aesthetics of the various battle screen elements. They're so...sleek.
    -Pidgey. Not even the HGSS remakes can make Johto not terribly watered down by too much Kanto. Also its new sprite is kinda blah. I think they gave it too fat of a head. And its pose is the opposite of interesting. Yes, I will be critiqueing most of the new sprites like this. Until I get bored with it, anyway.
    -I sorely want the running shoes already. Or the bike. The bike would be nice.
    -The berry tree won't let me pick it? What?
    -Yawn, Cherrygrove. Old man forcing me to take the tour(I distinctly remember that being optional in GSC!), and...giving me running shoes! Okay, I'll stop whining about you now, old man.
    -Jeez, even the yes/no menu for the Pokecenter is on the touch screen.
    -All healed up, so let's get out of town...WHAT IS IT NOW, OLD MAN? >( ...I apparently got a phone number from him? Well, okay then!
    -Yeah, I'm basically never going to toggle the running shoes off. Ever. Not sure what the point of them is now that you could go that speed ALL THE TIME without any effort, but heeeeey.
    -Another potion just lying on the ground. It's not in a spot where there was a potion in GSC, either.
    -Apparently the guy who USED to just give you a Berry in GSC now gives you whatever you need to pick berry trees...oh, these are APRICORNS, aren't they? Huh. Didn't expect to see any this early.
    -The kids blocking the path to Violet at first are now clearly pitting Rattata against Pidgey. Details!
    -Rattata looks eh. The early route fodders' new sprites are all looking pretty lame, to be honest.
    -Liver is now Lv.6! Hurrah! And...did it learn water gun already? By gum, it did!
    -Hoothoot isn't anything special. Strangely I didn't hear a cry from the one I found...or was I just not paying attention? >>
    -Liver's Lv.7 already. They level up so quickly when they're young. *sniff*

I had even more written, but I figure that posting too much at once will make you commit suicide. I'll be taking HG at a slow-ish pace anyway, since I do have classes and crap I should be more concerned with right now.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Went and tried the bug contest and caught Scyther and somehow came in 3rd place by being beat by a pinsir and a weedle (who got 1st!) I also got a rematch with morty and I do not like his new Sabeleye and it's fake out Luckily I had my Crobat though.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

My team is now
    Cyndaquil - Level 12
    Zubat - Level 8

I'm going to challenge Falkner soon

I messed around with the pokewalker a little bit and now have a Kangaskhan in my PC

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Got both on Tuesday and started playing Soul Silver.

Decided to be the female trainer called my trainer Ruby wasn't enough room for the name I wanted (Kotone).

Picked Cyndaquil as my starter and then 5 Minutes in found a shiny Sentret but had no pokeballs to catch it yet (very annoying).

Got Pokedex from Prof Oak and battled Silver I called him Bad (wanted to call him Silver or Dr Evil but not enough room).

Went back to Prof Elm gave him the egg then set off.

Battled a few trainers caught a few pokemon then arrived in Violet City.

Beat the sprout tower my Cyndaquil evolved into a Quilava.

Am currently training my pokemon.

My Current Team:

Quilava lv14
    Pidgey lv11
    Last edited by Heart-Gold; 15th September 2009 at 7:14 PM.

Soul Silver Friend Code: 5028 3329 3472

I FINALLY beat Whitney. Just walked through National Park, On my way to Gym No.4.
    Favorite Pokemon: Mew and Charmander because they win at life.

Page 2 of 376 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast