Page 201 of 376 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 9383

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

Beat the elite four again. Now training my team to fight Red. I'm liking my team a lot.

Feraligatr - lv 66
    Espeon - lv 65
    Dragonite - lv 64
    Ampharos - lv 63
    Houndoom - lv 58
    Nidoking - lv 57
    Last edited by Cruisin'; 19th March 2011 at 9:08 PM.
    "Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be!"

Traded Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres for a Geodude, Magikarp and Bidoof.

=-=U

I healed at Lavender Town's Pokemon Center and then went on a shopping spree since I had tons of extra cash and I wanted some items like Ultra Balls and such. I went to the new Radio Tower and talked to everyone. I then set off to the east of Lavender Town and battled some trainers there. I went to Saffron City and headed north to Cerulean City since I still needed to get my hands on the Cascade Badge. I arrived and wandered around town. I headed for the Gym but the Gym Leader (Misty) was missing for some reason so I had to go out of my way to search for her on Route 25. I went north and battled some trainers around that area. I arrived there but then spotted Suicune at the top of a hill there on Route 25. I saved before I fought it since I wanted a restore point in case I made it faint during the battle.

Starting on HeartGold, going to use Chikorita. Not really sure where I'm going with it, I know that my core will be Chikorita, Togepi, and Gyrados, and I'll spawn off from there.
    FireRed:| Chris Lvl. 13 | Primetime Lvl. 10 | Majesty Lvl. 11 |Foust Lvl. 10 |Ryan Lvl. 10 | Zack Lvl. 8|

Quote Originally Posted by OJG View Post
    Caught my starter, Pidgey. Naughty nature as I got bored with catching more. Currently level 11 on Route 31, gonna get him to 20 before the first gym.

Next capture; Gastly.

EDIT: Since no one has posted since and I've done lots today.

My next capture wasn't Gastly, turned out it was gonna be Heracross. After much Headbutting (thank you slave Toto), I found a nice female Jolly and promptly trained it up to 22. Pidgeotto, after facing the first two gyms and the whole game up to Goldenrod alone, stands at 25. I then went in Goldenrod, healed up and bought more balls, to head back into Route 34 to headbutt further for Exeggcute. After about 8 captures I finally found the right one; female Modest.

I then started to train her, which was becoming a ridiculous amount of effort without a good move (Uproar is it's only attacking move). Exeggcute is in the daycare, trying to get it up to around level 27 when it gets Confusion.

I also won the Bug Contest hoping for a Leaf Stone (not evolving Exegg any time soon, just thought it would be good to try and get one in advance), instead getting a Sun Stone. PM me if you have a Leaf Stone and want a Sun Stone.
    You're going to be at the Bug Catching Contest for a while because you only win Sun Stones until you beat the Elite Four. Instead you can get one from the Pokéathlon Dome on Saturday

Leaf Stones you mean?

2423 3909 0411
    Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

Beat my rival, Chikorita is around Lvl 9 now. Turned in the mystery egg to the professor, and stuff. Headed out, going to catch a caterpie and raise it to go against Falkner.
    FireRed:| Chris Lvl. 13 | Primetime Lvl. 10 | Majesty Lvl. 11 |Foust Lvl. 10 |Ryan Lvl. 10 | Zack Lvl. 8|

I started my battle with Suicune on Route 25 and I managed to accidently knock it out the first time I battled it, so I had to start over. The second time I battled it I went with moves that inflicted only minimal damage so as to prevent the Suicune from fainting right away. I managed to get its HP to red and then I tossed several Ultra Balls at it. Those didn't work so I waited a while and used Timer Balls instead. I captured it inside one of those and then made my way back to Cerulean City to withdraw it. I trained it a bit and went back north to find Route 25 to find Misty. I found her around there and I got her to return to her Gym. I went back and battled the Gym trainers inside and then I found that Machine Part item in one of the inner tubes there. I saved before challenging Misty.

Oh baby, time to play my new non-stolen version of Soul Silver! It's going to be rough going. Of the three games that were stolen, Soul Silver easily had the most on it that hurt to lose. I just finished a speed run through Fire Red to regain some of those lost Pokemon, and I'm up to this next, then moving on to a play through Emerald for the same reason.

Anyway, I've been using the Pokewalker after starting a game with a Cyndaquil, then finishing Fire Red, but now it's time to get down to business.

After securing an adamant Kangaskhan with scrappy on the Pokewalker, I just beat Falkner, and I'm on heading south looking for a Mareep that I like. Here's the lineup:

Quilava (Runamok) Modest/lvl15 Tackle/QuickAttack/Smokescreen/Ember
    Kangaskhan (will be Avantasia) Adamant/lvl10 CometPunch/Leer/FakeOut/TailWhip

I'm also working on getting a decent Oddish on the Pokewalker, as I think I'd like to train a Bellossom for at least part of this quest.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

Caught a Geodude, I'll probably hold on to it and train it for a while since I need some type of advantage against Faulkner. I don't plan on keeping it on my final team though.

10:25 - Geodudes leveling up really fast. I caught a Caterpie, going to level it up until its a Butterfree and take that team into the next town once I'm finished.
    Last edited by √řL†; 21st March 2011 at 4:26 AM.

Ack, too late to update my post; I'll have to do a quick little blurb.

Already found my Mareep. I had names in mind for a male or a female, and I would have preferred female, but the firs modest one I found was male, so...

Mareep (Thundrbutt) Modest/lvl6 Tackle/Growl

I may change the name, but I think it's kind of cute. Still working on my Oddish.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

Well, I forgot all about Mareep, lol. I dumped Geodude off my team, and I'm going to train up Mareep before I enter Sprout tower. And I evolved Metapod.

So I have:
    Chikortia
    Butterfree
    Mareep

Not a bad team.

Gonna start again out of boredom.

Totodile will be my starter, I plan to catch a Zubat, Mareep, Larvitar and Espeon.

2423 3909 0411
    Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

Gosh, Misty was a tough Gym Leader for me to defeat this time around. I had two Water-types myself, so I figure that was the problem. I used Feraligatr against Misty's Starmie thinking that Crunch would be a great move but Misty just healed it over and over again so I had to switch to Ampharos. I sent Quagsire out to battle against her Lapras since I figured that Rock Slide would work well against Lapras but it didn't faint and I had to switch to Ampharos again. I defeated her Golduck and Quagsire eventually and obtained the Cascade Badge from her. With five Kanto Badges under my belt I left town and headed for the Power Plant to return the Machine Part. I battled along the way there and I captured some Pokemon in the tall grass outside of the Power Plant. I got inside and returned the item and saved.

Got my three main pokes to level 55, and now I'm grinding them to sixty. Once done, going onto the sixth badge.

Scizor and I (level 78) got up to a 97 combo in the Battle Frontier, the one where you only use one pokemon and choose the opponents type. He has a new moveset and likes his Bullet Punch very much
    Unfortunately we were defeated by a Ryhorn with Counter
    But we are not discouraged!
    I have claimed Mareep, which I farm for electric wool!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip8003 View Post
    Oh my gosh, none of the Normal type moves have the word normal in! Let's change Hyper Beam to "Normal Beam"!
    [IMG]http://oi55.*******.com/2370g8.jpg[/IMG]
    Made by ME! Click it to go to my art shop!
    Keep them warm!

With the whole Power Plant crisis solved I decided to go to Lavender Town using Rock Tunnel. I went inside and encountered rare Pokemon like Cubone and Kangaskhan, which I captured for my collection. I wandered around in he dark for a while but I finally emerged north of Lavender Town. I healed at the local Pokemon Center and talked to the man at the Radio Tower and I got an upgrade on my PokeGear's radio. I wandered around town and then headed south to Vermilion City. I battled the trainers along the bridge there and then talked to the Snorlax that was blocking the path to Diglett's Cave. I used the PokeFlute station to wake it up and I battled it. I decided to just defeat it and it left once I was beaten. I got inside of Diglett's Cave and wandered around battling. I got to Route 2 and saved.

Just got my Feraligator to level 60, now to work on my other two pokes. Then only the fifth gym!

My team is fully EV trained for the first time in my pokemon game hood and they are ready to roll, replaced my Kingdra's Scope Lens with Life Orb, going to be an awesome Multi Battle with some friends eventually.
    BLACK TEAM!
    (I have claimed Honchkrow, the Don)
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. Shiny Dusknoir and Shiny Ratticate
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Training my Mew.

Yay, I finally arrived at Route 2 and I cut down the tree there and I made my way to Pewter City. The first thing I did was heal at the Pokemon Center and then I swapped Pokemon around in the PC. I went to the Poke Mart and bought some healing items and some Ultra Balls and then I wandered around town. I got the Wing item from an old man and I decided to save that for later. I went to the Pewter Museum of Science and revived my Dome Fossil and Helix Fossil. I then went to the local Gym and defeated the Gym trainers inside. I didn't want to fight Brock yet though, so I just decided to head east and battle the trainers along that route. I did just that and leveled up my team a bit and then I arrived at the Pokemon Center near Mt. Moon. I healed my Pokemon there and then saved before going into Mt. Moon since I knew that my rival would be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillian View Post
    It's official: I love my SoulSilver game. But more on that in a bit. When the team got to lv.22, we took on Bugsy for the hive badge. Bugsy sent out Scyther, I sent out Flyer. Got in a Quick Attack before Whirwinding out Metapod and taking it out first. Bugsy sent Scyther back in and I switched to Typhoo (now Noah), who finished Scyther with Flame Wheel. Flyer then took out Kakuna and the Hive badge was mine.

In the Ilex Forest, I taught Duskull Headbutt so he can finally attack Normal types, and we returned to Azalea Town to get a Heracross from the Headbutt trees. After encountering loads of Spearows and catching an Aipom, a female Hercacross finally appeared! I was actually looking for a female (I wanted her for the purposes of defeating Whitney, and her being a female means cute charm and such won't have an effect), and it turns out that she has an adamant nature as well! I started training her today and it's going well - from lv.5 to lv.18.

Now, the reason why I love SoulSilver. I mentioned recently how the first shiny in ages I found was my third Geodude; well, today while I was training Hera (the Heracross), a shiny rattata appeared! I tried to stay composed, got Lecto to ThunderWave it, threw a Great Ball and it was caught! In just a couple of days this game has given me two random shiny encounters - I'm just glad I've been able to catch them both!

So, after that excitement I got to Goldenrod, and the first place I went to after the Pokémon Centre was the Name Rater's house. Most of my pokémon have now been renamed:

Cynadquil - Noah
    Nidoran Female - Rani
    Duskull - Nero
    Metang - Fer

Pidgey is still Flyer and Elekid is still Lecto. I also did an international trade on the GTS (an Italian player's Zubat for my Bounce Magikarp) to unlock Beyond The Sea on the pokéwalker. Now I just have to build up watts and unlock Remoraid - the water type I want to have for my team.

And that's everything (you know, bar the usual: getting the bike, getting the Blue Card and radio card etc). Just have to train everyone up to lv.24 and then we'll battle for the plain badge!
    Considering this post was made about 9 months ago, it's not a great surprise that a lot has happened on SoulSilver since then. I got my Remoraid, which evolved into Octillery, and called him Teppo. When we defeated Clair, Fer left the team (having evolved into a Metagross) and is now in my HeartGold game.

After beating the Elite 4 for the first time, with all pokémo in their final evolutionary forms, Teppo and Rani were switched for a Seel and Phanpy (Dewey and Donny respectively). They are now Dewgong and Donphan and, having trained them to the same level as the main team, have helped to defeat the Kanto gym leaders. As I'm more interested in completing the pokédex than fighting Red right now, I'm training three new pokémon: Treecko (called DAN GREEN - yes, all caps), Squirtle (Jet) and Ralts (Gallant).
    Getting the latter was a bit difficult, as the only Ralts I had in the game was one with Trace, an ability I really don't like. So I took out my Rash natured Ditto, stuck an everstone on it and put the two in the daycare. After receiving two eggs, I worked on capturing more Safari Zone pokémon while I waited for them to hatch. The first one that hatched was male, had Synchronize and had a Sassy nature! Much better for Gallade's Sp.Def stat than Rash, admittedly. The other one was male, had Synchronize and did actually have a Rash nature, so he'll be a Gardevoir if I get round to training him.

The only other major event between then and now is that I found another shiny on this cart - namely, a shiny ponyta, when training in the route below Victory Road. I've always wanted a blue-coloured shiny, so she's very valuable to me! Other than that, I managed to capture Zapdos and Suicune in pokéballs, Articuno in an ultraball and Moltres in a duskball (no surprise there). For the first time, though, I didn't have to reset for them having fainted on me - they were all first-time captures.

So yes, I still love my SoulSilver game!
    Sing yourself on down the street
    Sing yourself right off your feet
    Sing yourself away from victory
    And from defeat

Poor excuse for a shiny banner made by me, photo credit to Ralph Larmann

Pokeatloned a little ^_^ Favorite thing in the game besides that they follow me!

I got prepared and entered Mt. Moon. I met my rival there and he demanded that we battle each other. I did that and I had a tough time with the battle but I made it out of that and then he left the cave. I got to explore around a bit and I found a wild Clefairy so I captured that for my collection. I went to Mt. Moon Square and then I went east to Cerulean City. I battled some trainers along that route and then I flew back to Pewter City and headed south to the Viridian Forest. I captured some wild Pokemon in the forest and trained against the trainers. I go out of the Viridian Forest eventually after Headbutting the trees and finding/capturing Pokemon. I walked south to Viridian City while battling a couple of Bugcatchers and I saved as I got to Viridian City's Pokemon Center.

Beat red with my level 69 team of

Feraligatr
    Dragonite
    Espeon
    Ampharos
    Nidoking
    Houndoom

It was one of the greatest battles I've had this game. Almost didn't have to use any healing items, but in the end i had to max revive dragonite to kill his last pokemon. Only took me one try to beat him.

Now I am EV training for the first time ever!

My future battle tower team of Charizard, Feraligatr, and Sceptile.

I bread my Feraligatr until i got a male Adamant Totodile (Tony) who likes to fight. He has above average potential and a fantastic attack stat. Got a male Timid Charmander (Jedi) who loves to eat, and has superior potential with fantastic HP. Only had to soft reset like twice. For Treecko (Rufio), I got a bashful and mischievous male, with superior potential, and a PERFECT IV FOR SP. ATTACK!!!

Hell yea. Sunny day/Solarbeam combo is gonna rape.
    "Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be!"

Page 201 of 376 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast