Page 223 of 376 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 9392

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

So I grabbed the opportunity of night time and almost immeadiately caught a Gastly. Unfortunately, it had a Jolly Nature but I'm happy sticking with the first Pokemon I catch. Anyhoo, I also forgot to nickname it so I guess I'll have to wait 'til Goldenrod until I can give it a name.

Anyway, most of my time consisted of painstaking battling to try and give my Pokemon some half decent moves. In the end I got bored and ascended the Sprout Tower. During my ascent Ava learned Astonish and Rocky learned Rock Throw, which was alright.

At the top I saw Silver douching out, and he left with his TM- the perfect ploy for an antagonist. Anyway, I beat the Elder without any trouble, grabbed Flash and left.

I was going to save challenging the Violet City Gym but my adventure so far was like swimming in treacle, so I decided to speed things up and battle. Rocky's newly acquired Rock Throw came in handy and annihilated the Gym Trainers. I came to Falkner who delusionally talked about how amazing Flying Types were, and we battled.

Toto took out his Pidgey with three Water Guns, and Rocky managed to win the battle by defeating Pidgeotto. So Falkner gave me TM51 for Roost and also the Zephyr Badge. With this hand I saved and decided to continue my travels and leave Violet City tomorrow.

Time: 3:18
    Team:
    , Toto, Male, Lv11
    , Ava, Female, Lv11
    , Rocky, Male, Lv11
    , GASTLY, Male, Lv10
    Running for the thrill of it

Just thought i'd update : I went through route 15,14,13,12 and 11 then Lavender Town then went through route 8 and back to Saffron City and headed north to Cerulean City..
    My Team :
    Feraligatr : Lv.54
    Togekiss : Lv.53
    Dragonair : Lv.53
    Steelix : Lv.53
    Tangrowth : Lv.53
    Raichu : Lv.53
    SS FC : 2279 8015 1013

I just need to get Dias to lv 26 then I will battle Chuck.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I found an Abra(many actually, but got an Ultra Ball then caught one), and named it Raphael to fit my TMNT theme. I then went to Ilex Forest to get the guy to teach Raphael headbutt. I then headbutted a few trees and found what I wanted, a Ledyba. I named my newly found Ledyba, Donatello. So now I'm trying to get all my Pokemon up to lvl 20. Then, I'll challenge Whitney.

My Team:
    Leonardo - lvl 20
    Splinter - lvl 19
    April - lvl 18
    Mikey - lvl 18
    Raphael - lvl 18
    Donatello - lvl 13

derp.

I finally challenged the wild Zapdos that was hiding right outside the Kanto Power Plant. I began to weaken it with False Swipe just as the battle had started, but I got luckier once it was asleep due to Hypnosis. I was able to capture it with an Ultra Ball once it was asleep, and I flew to Lavender Town afterwards. I swapped Pokemon at the PC, and then I headed south to Fuchsia City. I battled some trainers along the way, and then I entered the Pal Park building once I arrived in Fuchsia City. I transferred over some Pokemon from Emerald version including Latios, Rayquaza and Registeel, and then I saved at the Pokemon Center before doing some trades.

Day 82 Monday, July 11, 2011 10:12,3,4,5,6 PM
    I entered a Jump Pokeathlon with Kingler, Meganium, and Ampharos. In the end after the three events and the points total, we got Third Place with 300 points. The clerk then gave me 300 points. I then entered a Skill Pokeathlon with Ariados, Ampharos, and Meganium. In the end, we got Third Place with 243 points. The clerk then gave me 243 points. I then entered my third and last Pokeathlon for the day. It was a Stamina Pokeathlon with Kingler, Sudowoodo, and Murkrow. In the end, we got First Place with 316 points! Then all three of my Pokemon in it got a Stamina Medal ! We left, and the clerk then gave me 316 points, along with a 100 additional Binus Points! I thanked her! I then saved by the clerks. 71:35
    My team is:
    Meganium Lv.60
    Ampharos Lv.59
    Sudowoodo Lv.59
    Ariados Lv.59
    Murkrow Lv.59
    Kingler Lv.58
    Well, all of my Pokemon in my Party have been in an equal amount of Pokeathlons. I might be done with them for now, I'm not sure yet. Well, I'm not exactly sure what I am going to do next, but I'll find something to do! I hope that you liked this Update! Thanks for reading!
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

I was training Donatello, my Ledyba, and realized how much it sucks. I'm just hoping Ledian is better.
    I trained Donatello up to lvl 17 before getting tired of it and decided to explore the rest of Goldenrod City. I started playing Voltorb flip for about an hour before I started to get the hang of it. I easily got enough coins for Dratini and a little left over to get me a Sandshrew. I'm now having a hard time deciding if I should replace one of my team members with Dratini and/or Sandshrew.

My Team:
    My Team:
    Leonardo - lvl 20
    Splinter - lvl 19
    April - lvl 19
    Mikey - lvl 19
    Raphael - lvl 19
    Donatello - lvl 17

Please if someone reads this, tell me if I should replace one of my Team Members with Dratini and/or Sanshrew!

derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Grovyl View Post
    I was training Donatello, my Ledyba, and realized how much it sucks. I'm just hoping Ledian is better.
    I trained Donatello up to lvl 17 before getting tired of it and decided to explore the rest of Goldenrod City. I started playing Voltorb flip for about an hour before I started to get the hang of it. I easily got enough coins for Dratini and a little left over to get me a Sandshrew. I'm now having a hard time deciding if I should replace one of my team members with Dratini and/or Sandshrew.

My Team:
    My Team:
    Leonardo - lvl 20
    Splinter - lvl 19
    April - lvl 19
    Mikey - lvl 19
    Raphael - lvl 19
    Donatello - lvl 17

Please if someone reads this, tell me if I should replace one of my Team Members with Dratini and/or Sanshrew!
    Replace Ledyba with Dratini. Sandshrew is a bad choice.

@topic
    I'm catching Ho-oh now. That beast is hard to catch! At least at the daytime.
    Death metal isn't a hobby, death metal is a lifestyle.

Like my rock/metal band!

I started off today doing the same thing Ive been doing for a couple of days now, just training against the upgraded Elite Four so I could beat Red. Once I had a Lvl 81 Typhlosion, Lvl 80 Ampharos, Lvl 75 Gyarados, and a Lvl 75 Lugia I decided to go ahead and challenge Red, and I beat him. Only thing relatively annoying was his bulky Snorlax. After that I decided to go ahead and try and get Raikou and Entei. I ended up getting both of them in roughly an hour, maybe an hour and a half with Ultra Balls thanks to Snorlaxs attack that forces them to stay. I ended up meeting Entei alot first, getting it to red health and paralyzing it. Then I got Raikou to yellow, followed by paralyzing it and getting lucky and capturing it on my first Ultra Ball on the second encounter. It took me like 5 or more encounters to get Entei though, but I finally got him. Im going to bed now, but tomorrow I plan to get Latios and hopefully the rest of the legendary Pokemon in Soul Silver.

I was wondering if anyone reads the above posts because I feel like if people post in this thread they want people to read their experiences, but they themselves don't read other people's posts.
    I do read them if the posts aren't too long.

HG updates:

-defeated Blaine & Blue!
    -started collecting the gym leaders phone numbers

Currunt hg time 193 hours. trying to masuda method for a shiny charmander, total eggs hatch so far 700+. I have all 16 badged and now am just trying to build a decent shiny competetive team
    yay hatched my shiny bagon took 191 eggs but worth it jolly natured too

now have my entire shiny squad hatched on my diamond just waiting for someone i know to let me borrow thier ds -.-

Quote Originally Posted by squeezcheese View Post
    I really wish you could drive a car in this game because I would just turn all the bidoofs into roadkill. And play Grand Theft Auto: Sinnoh Edition!
    LOL

HG FC
    OT: Gordon
    FC: 0990 9499 5913

63:46 play time
    Leveling up some pokemon to get data, and about to battle Giovani

I set off for the Johto Safari Zone thing morning, since some of the blocks that I had left there finally managed to upgrade, meaning that new Pokemon would appear. I headed there and I paid 500 Pokedollars to go inside. I wandered around the first area, which happened to be the area that was mountain-y. I found a wild Magneton that I captured for my collection, and then I discovered a wild Metang there. I couldn't capture the first one since it fled, but I managed to capture a second one that appeared five minutes later. I captured an Aron in another area of the Safari Zone, and I left the area once I had captured my fill of Pokemon. I went to Azalea Town to have some Apricorns made into Poke Balls, then I headed for the Slowpoke Well to hunt down a Slowbro. I saved inside.

In Cerulean City I went past the golden bridge and battled 5 trainers for a prize (actually 7) the dumb prize was a nugget, i then saw bill's granpa and he asked me if he could see a lickytung, I didn't have it, although i wanted the fire stone that he gives you..i cut the tree for TM Rock Polish and taught it to Steelix, went all the way back healed up battled the trainers on the way to the power plant, spoke to people in the building went back, caught the rocket grunt at the gym then I battled him at the bridge...and I don't know where Misty is :/
    Sorry for the rather long update..
    My Team:
    Feraligatr : Lv.54
    Togekiss : Lv.54
    Steelix : Lv.54
    Raichu : Lv.54
    Dragonite : Lv.55
    Tangrowth : Lv.54

EDIT:
    I defeated all the trainers at the gym and beat Misty she was very easy, after that she gave me the Cascade Badge as well as TM03 Water Pulse.
    Last edited by ShinySeviper; 12th July 2011 at 7:36 PM.

I've just caught a Timid Mewtwo. IVs: 17hp, 20 attack, 10 defense, 24 sp.atk, 30 sp.def, 29 speed. Pretty nice.
    Also, I've caught a Timid Lugia. IVs: 7 hp, 6 attack, 26 defense, 16 sp.atk, 27 sp. def, 20 speed.
    Ho-oh left. I don't care about remaining stationary legends.
    Death metal isn't a hobby, death metal is a lifestyle.

Like my rock/metal band!

I started my Nuzlocke challenge for Heart Gold. I did all the beginning of the game stuff and chose Cyndiquill Aka Big Ben as my starter. I captured Pidgey Aka YYZ at route 28 and Geodude Aka RochE II at route 29.

I trained them all to level 10 and arrived at Viridian City and saved.

YUM YUM JIMMY JOHN'S!

Thanks Aggro for the help, but I really like my team. I'm going to see if Ledian can hold up on his own, unlike Ledyba, and if not I'll replace him with Dratini.

derp.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobii View Post
    I trained them all to level 10 and arrived at Viridian City and saved.
    Level 10 and at Viridian City already? Your Nuzlocke's going very well

So today was the day I left Violet City. I headed out of the Gym and met one of Elm's aides at the Mart where he gave me an egg. As you do. So I wandered outside, met a Geisha lady and left Violet City.

I first headed to the Ruins of Alph, where I headed to the open chamber. The hieroglyphs at the back spelt 'Escape', and luckily I had an escape rope in my bag. I used it to access the back room where I obtained some powders and berries. Afterwards I solved the tremendously difficult puzzle that's plagued top archaeologists for years, and slotted three panels back in to make a Kabuto. Anyway, I fell down and encountered Unown. I used this opportunity to train up Gastly, and let it lick to it's hearts content.

So afterwards I ventured onto the route south of Violet City and battled, and headed through Union Cave. The Cave was a lot simpler than what I remembered it to be, and it provided some good training for Toto. During the venture Ava learned Bite too, which I'm so glad for- no more spam Leech Life and Astonish!

After a short walk I arrived in the humble town of Azalea, and upon healing up I saved my progress

Time: 4:32
    Team:
    , Toto, Male, Lv15
    , Ava, Female, Lv13
    , Rocky, Male, Lv13
    , GASTLY, Male, Lv13
    Running for the thrill of it

If you do decide to replace a team member, I'd replace Ledyba or Rattata with Dratini. A Dragon-type would be a great help against Lance, but Sandslash is quite useful, too. I guess it's up to personal preferences.

I replace Ledian with Dratini. Ledian was just too horrible, so when I replaced Ledian I renamed it(Good thing I was in Goldenrod) to Donatello and renamed Ledian to Ledian ;-;.
    I then got to training my lvl 15 Dratini up to lvl 20. I easily did that thanks to the trainers inside Goldenrod City Gym. I then trained the rest of my Pokémon(lvl 19) to lvl 20 with the help of wild Pokémon. I then challenged the gym. I had April out first because she had Rock Throw. I easily took out her Clafairy. I then tried using Rock Throw against her Miltank, but it was faster and KOed my with Stomp. Then luck was against me and most of my Pokémon were killed by two Stomps because none of my attacks would hit. I was then down to two Pokémon, Raphael and Leonardo, so I sent out Raphael. He used confusion and it finally hit! It took out half it's HP and it attacked with Stomp.. Again. It took out half of my HP as well. I then hoped I'd end it with Confusion once more, I think of myself as a Hippocrat because I hate when GL/EF/Champions spam there moves. It hit and I finally won, then I snagged my Plain Badge, Attract TM, and smacked that ***** then left.

My Team:
    Leonardo - lvl 20
    Splinter - lvl 20
    April - lvl 21
    Mikey - lvl 20
    Raphael - lvl 21
    Donatello - lvl 20

derp.

I managed to locate a Slowbro while I was Surfing around the bottom of the Slowpoke Well. I captured it in a Great Ball, and then I set off to Violet City to swap Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I gave the Slowbro an Exp Share to hold, and then I flew to the Pokemon League to challenge the Elite Four one more time. I got to Will's room, and I challenged him. He was using some new Pokemon this time, so I had to be even more careful while I battled him. His Gardevoir in particular was an annoying opponent, but I managed to beat it with Quagsire. I proceeded to Koga's room, and I battled him as well. Only his Muk seemed to give me any real problems, although I eventually beat it with Jynx's Psychic attack. I saved before heading to Bruno's room.
    Last edited by Lorde; 13th July 2011 at 4:52 AM.

Day 83 Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:08 PM
    I left the Pokeathlon Dome and I flew to Ecruteak City. I went north to the gate. I went through it and then I went onto Bellchime Path. I found Morty and we talked, mainly about how he wasn't chosen by the Pokemon, but me. He then gave me his number so that we can have a remtach sometime. I thanked him. He left, and then I flew to New Bark Town. I then flew to the beginning of Victory Road, I think. I then flew to Cinnabar City. I quickly found Blaine as he was by the Pokemon Center. We talked, mainly about how he is going to rebuild his Gym. He then gave me his phone number so we can have a rematch sometime. I thanked him, he left, and then I flew to the entrance to Victory Road, I think. I then flew to Violet City. I then went south onto Route 38, I think. I made my way to thr Ruins of Alph, where I got my picture taken by a Cameron The Photographer. I thanked him. I explored the rest of there for a while. I then went back onto Route 38, I think. I explored the norther part, briefly going onto Route 36, I think. I then went back ontp Route 38, I think. I then my way back to Violet City. I looked around for a little while. I then flew to New Bark Town where I explored talking to everyone, I think. I also got my picture taken by a Cameron The Photographer , again. I thanked him. After I was done exploring New Bark Town, I saved in front of my house, which I also explored. 72:06
    My team is:
    Meganium Lv.60
    Ampharos Lv.59
    Ariados Lv.59
    Sudowoodo Lv.59
    Murkrow Lv.59
    Kingler Lv.58
    Well, I found some stuff to do. I'm not sure what I will do next time, though, again. I'm sure that I'llfind something, though. I hope that you liked this rather long Update , sort-of! Thanks for reading!
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

Why do ppl nickname their pokemon.... smh

Since I beat Red yesterday, I decided to complete the Johto Dex and Kanto Dex and so I went on a catching spree. Today I caiught Raikou, Entei, Latios, Suicune, Zapdos, Articuno, moltres, Groudon, Ho Oh, mewtwo, Squirtle, Treeko, Drowzee, Rattata, Abra, Ditto, Nidoran(m), Nidoran(f), Caterpie, Sandshrew, Weedle, Dunsparce, Spearow, Zubat, Geodude, Hoppip, Jigglypuff, Paras, Clefairy, Wooper, Ghastly, Unown, Poliwag, magikarp, Goldeen, Slowpoke, Oddish, Hoothoot, Pineco, Exeggcute, Wobuffet, Heracross, Koffing, Slugma, Grimer, magnemite, machop, Voltorb, Aipom, and Cubone.

I plan on mostly just catching the first evolution forms of the Pokemon, then training them until they evolve. Hoping to have alot more caught tomorrow and be done before the weekend. Ill be borrowing a friends Emerald to fill as much of the Hoenn Dex as possible, and his Diamond to fill the Sinnoh Dex as much as possible. By the time I buy Black and finish its Dex I want to be able to have as close to all the Pokemon as possible before I start mm'ing for shinies and EV training a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctity View Post
    Since I beat Red yesterday, I decided to complete the Johto Dex and Kanto Dex and so I went on a catching spree. Today I caiught Raikou, Entei, Latios, Suicune, Zapdos, Articuno, moltres, Groudon, Ho Oh, mewtwo, Squirtle, Treeko, Drowzee, Rattata, Abra, Ditto, Nidoran(m), Nidoran(f), Caterpie, Sandshrew, Weedle, Dunsparce, Spearow, Zubat, Geodude, Hoppip, Jigglypuff, Paras, Clefairy, Wooper, Ghastly, Unown, Poliwag, magikarp, Goldeen, Slowpoke, Oddish, Hoothoot, Pineco, Exeggcute, Wobuffet, Heracross, Koffing, Slugma, Grimer, magnemite, machop, Voltorb, Aipom, and Cubone.

I plan on mostly just catching the first evolution forms of the Pokemon, then training them until they evolve. Hoping to have alot more caught tomorrow and be done before the weekend. Ill be borrowing a friends Emerald to fill as much of the Hoenn Dex as possible, and his Diamond to fill the Sinnoh Dex as much as possible. By the time I buy Black and finish its Dex I want to be able to have as close to all the Pokemon as possible before I start mm'ing for shinies and EV training a team.
    Wow that's alot of pokemon! what team did you use to defeat Red?

Page 223 of 376 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast