Page 299 of 374 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,475 of 9342

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

I had to heal my Pokemon at the Saffron City Pokemon Center, and then I stocked up on items at the local Poke Mart before leaving the city. I then headed north towards Route 5 until I reached Cerulean City, and I explored a bit while I was here. I eventually decided to head north toward Route 25 after visiting the Cerulean City Gym and realizing that it was empty. I battled several trainers when I arrived at the Cerulean Cape area, but I eventually arrived at the cliffs near Bill's Cottage. I talked to the old man inside the cottage, and he asked me to show him a Pokemon. I left and arrived at the edge of the cape, and I saw Suicune standing there. Eusine arrived and he told me to challenge Suicune. I challenged the Suicune, and I managed to weaken it with my Scizor's False Swipe attack. I kept throwing Ultra Balls at it until I successfully captured it. I then saved the game.

I got a nice shiny Registeel. I'm using it for some battles right away. After quite sometime I'll raise my ever-so-daft gallade to partake in battles. So many things to do, so little time.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Defeated Red on Heartgold using a combination of my overleveled Legendaries lounging in a PC Box labelled "TRANSFER" on Soulsilver, my most used team members from Platinum (Gallade and Garchomp) and the Dragonite I traded to Gold when restarting my Soulsilver.

As ever, Red was an obnoxious sod and despite bringing Garchomp in to deal with his Pikachu (which it stomped flat) and Charizard (which, after surviving a Dragon Rage that took it down to 11 HP, then screwed up by missing a crucial Stone Edge), the rest of his team put up an enormous fight. However, by the time he was down to Blastoise and Venusaur, he had run out of Full Restores and had been forced to resort to switching the crippled Venusar out in the face of Gallade and Mewtwo. Blastoise - somehow - was still faster than Gallade but it foolishly went for Blizzard, instead of Hydro Cannon, meaning Gallade had the health to strike back with a Leaf Blade that finished it off. Out of nowhere, Red produced a final Full Restore upon switching Venusaur back in but by this point even the game seemed to be sick of fighting him, as Gallade hit Venusaur with a STAB, item boosted super-effective, critical hit Psycho Cut, ending it in one shot.

And as far as i'm concerned, I shall never fight Red again of my own volition. Following his defeat, I grabbed a Charmander from Oak and a Treecko from Steven, the two Starters which I hadn't obtained through my playthroughs, and the Blue Orb, which I then used to find Kyogre.

Again, obnoxious describes that battle. Stocked up on Net Balls, Dusk Balls and Revives, Ampharos went in first, Paralysing Kyogre with Thunder Wave to which Kyogre irritatingly retaliated with Aqua Ring. After that, Ampharos got to work crippling Kyogre's accuracy with Flash, before systematically whittling it down with Thunderpunch and Rock Climb. After a few minutes of back-and-to action where Kyogre regained health and Ampharos took it away again, I caught him in a Net Ball.

With Kyogre in my possession I quickly had my Groudon traded from Silver and showed them both to Oak. Having obtained the Jade Orb for Gold, I traded both back to Silver and did the same. I then switched to Silver in order to catch Rayquaza.

I feel i've used the phrase "obnoxious" too many times so far, but it again describes the battle to catch Rayquaza. First time out, it took down Ampharos before he could get a Thunder Wave out, but luckily Static (from contact via Outrage) paralyzed Rayquaza anyway. However, Mewtwo went in next, starting to whittle it's health down. It got off another Outrage which badly damaged Mewtwo, and confused Rayquaza. With it's health in the red, a Dusk Ball failed to work and it knocked itself out.

REEEWIND.

Starting again, same tactic. Luckily, Rayquaza went for Rest first allowing Ampharos to get that crucial Thunder Wave in. Our foe slowed, Ampharos went to work with Flash until Rayquaza couldn't hit anything, before going to town with the Thunderpunches. On low health, I attempted a Dusk Ball which failed, and Rayquaza went for Rest, curing it's paralysis in the process. This kind of thing carried on for a few minutes, with Ampharos attacking with Thunderpunch while it slept before being hit by Air Slash as it woke, until the third time it Rested, I took the time to switch Ampharos out and Salamence in, then back out for Ampharos, then Salamence, then back to Ampharos before it woke. Now with no chance of hitting anything, paralyzed once again and with a crippled attack, I figured it was game. Not so, as before it surrendered to a Dusk Ball, Rayquaza managed to fire off an Outrage that, again, confused it. Ampharos survived, thanks to Salamence, but Rayquaza's confusion was draining it's HP and it all looked like it was going to be a re-run of the first round. Throwing Dusk Balls with wreckless abandon, the blinded, intimidated, confused, paralysed, crippled Rayquaza finally gave in.

Stupid damn dragon!

After that, I dumped him, Mewtwo, Groudon and Kyogre into the PC box "TRANSFER" and saved, wondering what to do next.
    Last edited by JohnGazmon; 20th May 2012 at 11:26 PM.
    Pokemon Y
    Kalos Gym Badges: 8 | Elite Four Wins: 1 | Pokedex: 213 | Time: 20:19

Pokemon X
    Kalos Gym Badges: 8 | Elite Four Wins: 1 | Pokedex: 208 | Time: 14:51

3DS Friend Code - 3024 - 6764 - 1919
    Friend Safari: Bug - Ledyba, Volbeat, Pinsir

Default Day 396 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 396 Sunday, May 20th, 2012 9:21 PM
    I started off where we left off yesterday, in Celadon City's Game Corner! We thanked the two nice men for letting us stay here lately! We then went over and talked to the two nice men. We sat down across from the table of one of the men. We started playing Voltorb Flip! We started off with 7464 Coins! We started off playing Voltorb Flip Level 1!

Level 1
    1. Cleared with 36 Coins

Level 2
    2. Cleared with 96 Coins

Level 3
    3. Cleared with 144 Coins

Level 4
    4. Cleared with 243 Coins

Level 5
    5. Lost

Level 2
    6. Cleared with 54 Coins

Level 3
    7. Lost

Level 1
    8. Cleared with 27 Coins

Level 2
    9. Lost
    10. Lost
    11. Lost
    12. Lost
    13. Cleared with 81 Coins

Level 3
    14. Lost

Level 2
    15. Lost
    16. Cleared with 81 Coins

Level 3
    17. Lost
    18. Lost

Level 1
    19. Lost
    20. Cleared with 36 Coins

Level 2
    21. Cleared with 54 Coins

Level 3
    22. Lost

Level 1
    23. Lost
    24. Lost
    25. Cleared with 32 Coins

Level 2
    26. Lost
    27. Lost
    28. Lost
    29. Cleared with 96 Coins

Level 3
    30. Lost

Once done playing thirty games of Voltorb Flip today, we quit with 8444 Coins! Wade then called us, but we missed his call! We hope that he calls ua back later! We then thanked the two nice men here for letting us play Voltorb Flip and for letting us stay here! I then saved to the left and to the back a little bit of the two nice men, with Meganium to my right, in Celadon City's Game Corner. 244:16
    Badges: 16
    PokeDex, Caught: 120

My Team is:
    Ampharos Lv.64
    Meganium Lv.63
    Kingler Lv.63
    Sudowoodo Lv.63
    Ariados Lv.63
    Honchkrow Lv.63

I got 980 Coins today, I think, which is pretty good! Hopefully I'll do just as good as I did today, if not better! I think I'll play to 300 games again like I did last time. I have now played 180 games within the past six days. Thank you for reading this, my Update, Post!
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

I finally caught Latios after using my Masterball on him and decided that he be a member of my team. After catching him, I really trained him until he's at his 50's and EV trained on his Sp. Atk and Speed, his high points. Anyway, after that, I decided to start the Kanto Gym challenge, starting with the Lightning American, Lt. Surge. I went back to Vermillion to fight him. Wow, he was a bit tough especially since he had a habit of spamming Double Team a lot. Other than that, he wasn't that hard, but just annoying, really, to beat him and get the Thunder badge. After that, I caught the Snorlax blocking the Diglett's cave (I won't be using him) and headed to Pewter and that's where I decided that Brock, the Rock gym leader would be my next opponent. After catching a few Pokes and training my team a bit, I challenged him and easily beat him, though I did make a few mistakes. Now, I'm planning to either go to the Safari Zone or challenge another gym.

Latias soon became my next project, having caught most of the other Legendaries exclusive to Gold, including my second Rayquaza (less obnoxious than the first game). With a Shadow Tag, Lv.42 Wobuffett in my team I headed out to the join between Route 14 and 15 to entice Latias to come to me. After a while, she came and, unable to run, started to whale on Wobuffett. Unfortunately, Wobuffett had only one move that could actually damage Latias, and nothing to induce a status ailment, so getting her down to critical health wasn't easy. Thankfully, I had stocked up on Dusk Balls so after a while the injured Latias gave in. Like Rayquaza, she, Ho-Oh and Raikou ended up in the TRANSFER box on Silver. I've resolved to restart my Heartgold game, though I intend to catch Suicune and Lugia before I do.

EDIT: Completed my Egg hatching run on Silver, adding Bulbasaur, Charmander, Torchic, Treecko and Chickorita to the Transfer box. Also hatched a Bashful Beldum for my Silver game from Steven's Iron. Now just wondering whether I should hold onto the 24 legendary/rare monsters in my PC box or just go on and pass them all on to White.
    Last edited by JohnGazmon; 21st May 2012 at 6:26 PM.
    Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Once Sabrina was done, there was no other gym leader at the time that could be found by land... Now it was time to head out towards the sea! Anni had to go south of Pallet Town to reach an erupted Cinnabar Island, as well as a gym leader who would only fight after we've gotten one more badge, since apparently having 14 isn't enough. So the team headed east and fought some horribly weak trainers, and then went into a hidden gym island that had crazy strong trainers with massive firepower. The leader who led the whole thing was...

Molten Magma Mouthing Mad Man
    DR. BLAINE
    V.S.

I added the Dr. part. The fight was super easy. Little Mac used Fake Out carefully against Magcargo to avoid being burned, and KO'd it with Sky Uppercut. Aquisa then attempted to Surf the Rapidash, but it bounced right over it, but once it landed down and hit, Surf OHKO'd it. Aquisa just used Surf one more time to OHKO Magmar. That was it.

Anni then cleared out the trainers on the opposite water route, and then notified the gym leader on Cinnabar that she had 15 badges, and he flew to his gym.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Default Day 397 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 397 Monday, May 21st, 2012 8:35 PM
    I started off where we left off yesterday, in Celadon City's Game Corner! We thanked the two nice men for letting us stay lately! We then went over and talked to the two nice men. We then started playing Voltorb Flip with the nice men across from the table. We started off with 8444 Coins! We started playing Voltorb Flip Level 1!

Level 1
    1. Lost
    2. Lost
    3. Cleared with 36 Coins

Level 2
    4. Lost
    5. Lost
    6. Cleared with 72 Coins

Level 3
    7. Lost
    8. Lost
    9. Lost
    10. Lost
    11. Lost
    12. Cleared with 108 Coins

Level 4
    13. Lost
    14. Lost
    15. Lost

Level 3
    16. Cleared with 108 Coins

Level 4
    17. Lost
    18. Cleared with 324 Coins

Level 5
    19. Cleared with 576 Coins

Level 6
    20. Lost
    21. Cleared with 864 Coins

Level 7
    22. Lost

Level 1
    23. Cleared with 27 Coins

Level 2
    24. Lost
    25. Cleared with 81 Coins

Level 3
    26. Lost
    27. Lost
    28. Cleared with 144 Coins

Level 4
    29. Lost

Level 1
    30. Cleared with 32 Coins

After playing thirty Games of Voltorb Flip, we quit with 10,816 Coins! Irwin then called us, but we missed his call! We hope that he calls us back soon! We then thanked the two nice men for letting us play Voltorb Flip today and for letting us stay here for today, lately, and for however long we may stay here! I then saved to the left and to the front a little bit of the two nice men, with Meganium to my left, in Celadon City's Game Corner. 244:59

My Team is:
    Ampharos Lv.64
    Meganium Lv.63
    Sudowoodo Lv.63
    Honchkrow Lv.63
    Kingler Lv.63
    Ariados Lv.63

I did prety good today! I got close to 2,400 Coins in thirty Games! Hopefully I can do just as good tomorrow as I did today, if not better! Thank you for reading this, my Update, Post!
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

I played in Goldenrod's game corner then flew to the Battle Frontier to beat people in Battle Factory

Started soul silver again because my team was all level 30 on the way to the 8th gym and I was way to lazy to train them up and the team wasn't even that good. Anyways I started off with a Cyndaquil and quickly trained him up to level 9 to face my rival Fez. I comfortably beat his Totadile that he stole. I had to quickly see Prof. Elm before I started my proper pokemon quest. I breezed through all the routes up to Bellsprout tower without catching a single pokemon. Cyndaquil evolved into a Quilava and then I took on Falkner. I demolished him despite his level 9 Pidgeotto (that is still awesome and I am glad they didn't get rid of it). I then tried catching a Wooper to help me on my quest. After an hour or so I finally got one and I trained him up to level 14 before taking on team rocket in Azelea town. Wooper put up a good fight against the leader before dying to confusion. Quilava took over and got me the win. I took on Bugsy gym with ease before taking out Fez again. I saved it after I got cut.

Quilava: 18
    Wooper: 15
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Restarted Heartgold, this time choosing the female character. Decided on Chikorita as my starter, even though I had resolved to use a Charmander instead. After completing Elm's little errand, I ran into some guy named Matt, who had predictably chosen the Cyndaquil. Chickorita beat it easily, and we sent Matt packing, heading back to drop the egg off at Elm's lab. Following Ethan's instructions on how to catch a Rattata (because I genuinely had no idea), I caught a Rattata of my own and a Hoothoot.

Back at Cherrygrove City, I met up with my character from SoulSilver and traded the Lv.7 male Charmander and the Lv.5 male Carvanha for the Rattata and Hoothoot. Depositing Chikorita in the box, I set out once again towards Violet City. The trainers along the way proved little challenge against Charmander's fire attacks and Carvanha's high attack stat, and soon I arrived in Violet City. I headed straight for Sprout Tower, eager to get the first badge before my two outsiders decided to go all rebellious.

Up the tower, the Sage's too couldn't stand up to Charmander's Ember, and he power levelled to Lv.11, as did Carvanha. During the fight with the Elder, both decided to be rebellious, although despite everything, the Sage just kept using Growth until Charmander luckily obeyed and burnt his Bellsprout to a crisp whilst Carvanha chewed on his Hoothoot. With both now in open rebellion, this made the prospect of Falkner's Gym somewhat daunting, even with their stats.

VIOLET CITY GYM BATTLE
    Johto Pokemon League Qualifying: Round 1
    Zephyr Badge Shootout!
    -- VS --
    Trainer Amy | Versus | Leader Falkner
    Against

From the off, Charmander decided to obey, finishing Falkner's Pidgey with an Ember before he had chance to react. Sadly, it was a fluke, and the disobedient Charmander was quickly dispatched by Falkner's Pidgeotto. Carvanha went in next, but also started playing up and taking damage. Into critical HP, Carvanha obeyed, using a critical Bite that defeated the Pidgeotto. Falkner handed over the Zephyr Badge and Roost, and we departed, knowing that Charmander and Carvanha would only obey for another seven levels. After recieving the Egg and healing at the Pokemon centre, I saved.

Picking up the next day, I decided that my chances of reaching Azalea Town using only Charmander and Carvanha and having them still capable of obeying my instructions by the time we challenged the Azalea Gym were fairly slim, so I withdrew Chickorita from the PC and placed him first. Satisfied, we headed south, battling trainers and gaining levels. At the exit to Union Cave, Chickorita evolved into Bayleef, and we arrived in Azalea Town. A brief visit to the Pokemon Centre over, I found the Gym blocked by a Team Rocket grunt, and since everyone seemed to mention Kurt in some way, I went to see him. After assuming that all I wanted was for him to make Poke Balls - a not entirely incorrect assumption - he took off to the Well outside of town, vowing to chase of the Team Rocket Grunts who had taken over it.

Not fancying the chances of a sprightly old man against a group of professional - if a little scatterbrained - criminals, I felt it was my duty to go and make sure he didn't get himself killed. Turns out that he'd scared away the Grunt who'd been guarding the Well, only to have slipped on the rungs and fallen to his inevitable doom. However, since he was telling me this, he clearly survived, and he sent me in to deal with the felons who dwelled within whilst he applied ointment or something to his back.

The Grunts were easy pickings for Bayleef and Carvanha, and soon enough, I came across the culprit of the dastardly scheme to...cut off the tails of Slowpoke and sell them for a million dollars each (?), Executive Proton. He was going to make a grand speech about Team Rocket or something, but I wasn't really in the mood to listen, given that I was standing in a dank well on a floor slick with the blood of innocent Slowpoke. Long and short of it, Carvanha chewed his team up good and Proton and his Grunts ran off with their tails between their legs. Kurt thanked me, took me to his home and gave me a Fast Ball.

With Team Rocket's evil plan thwarted, I turned my attention to the Gym. With Charmander leading the charge, the filler trainers were easy pickings and around the double battle, Charmander reached level 16, learned Dragon Rage, and promptly evolved. The stage was set for an epic showdown with Bugsy.

AZALEA TOWN GYM BATTLE
    Johto Pokemon League Qualifying: Round 2
    Bug Town Showdown!
    -- VS --
    Trainer Amy | Versus | Leader Bugsy
    Against

As Gym battles go, this turned out to be arguably the least eventful. Charmeleon went in first against Bugsy's Scyther. Although it was fast, Scyther went for a Focus Energy first, Charmeleon responding with Ember, which cut into Scyther's HP. Scyther hit back with Quick Attack, and was hit by a critical Ember which burnt it, but didn't finish it. It recovered health with it's berry and struck with another Quick Attack, it's power blunted by the burn, and Charmeleon once again attacked with Ember. The burn damage defeated Scyther before Bugsy could grab a Full Restore, and his Metapod and Kakuna were easily defeated by further Ember each.

With the Hive Badge and a new TM in hand, I healed up and then decided to head into Ilex Forest. Before I could leave, however, a familiar face turned up

-- VS --
    Trainer Amy | Versus | Trainer Matt
    Against

Matt was back and gunning for Team Rocket. Or me. Wasn't quite sure. Anyway, he immediately challenged me to a battle, starting with his Gastly. Carvanha finished that with Bite and also took down his Zubat. Just to mess with him, I took on his Quilava with my Charmeleon and won with Dragon Rage. He grumbled about weak pokemon and the walked off.
    Last edited by JohnGazmon; 23rd May 2012 at 12:06 AM.
    Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Ok well I returned the medicine to Jasmine at the lighthouse after clearing the lighthouse and the two water routes between Olivine and Cianwood, and beating Chuck's gym and Eusine. Then I reached the safari zone, and caught like 20 or so Pokemon including the Geodude Baoba wanted me to get... I traded my Slugma out for a Growlithe after failing to beat Jasmine, and beat two trainers in Mt. Mortar and the trainers between Ecruteak and Mahagony Town, and the ones between there and Lake of Rage. I'm going to rechallenge Jasmine now.
    EDIT: Beat Jasmine
    My team now:

Tai, Croconaw, lv. 29 item: Shell Bell
    Damian, Crobat lv. 28 item: Quick Claw
    Liger, Growlithe lv. 29 item: Charcoal
    Static, Flaffy, lv. 31 item: Everstone
    Daisy, Sunkern, lv. 30 item: Miracle Seed
    Asami, Sudowoodo, lv. 21 item: none
    Last edited by dash142; 23rd May 2012 at 3:06 AM. Reason: beat gym leader

Default Day 398 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 398 Tuesday, May 22nd, 2012 8:21,2 PM
    I started off where we left off yesterday, in Celadon City's Game Corner! We thanked th two nice men here for letting us stay here! We then went over to them. We sat across the table from one of the nice men. We started playing Voltorb Flip! We started off with 10,816 Coins! We started playing Voltorb Flip Level 1!

Level 1
    1. Lost
    2. Cleared with 27 Coins

Level 2
    3. Cleared with 54 Coins

Level 3
    4. Cleared with 144 Coins

Level 4
    5. Lost
    6. Lost

Level 1
    7. Cleared with 24 Coins

Level 2
    8. Cleared with 72 Coins

Level 3
    9. Cleared with 128 Coins

Level 4
    10. Cleared with 243 Coins

Level 5
    11. Cleared with 486 Coins

Level 6
    12. Lost
    13. Lost
    14. Lost

Level 2
    15. Lost
    16. Cleared with 96 Coins

Level 3
    17. Lost
    18. Lost
    19. Lost

Level 1
    20. Cleared with 36 Coins

Level 2
    21. Lost

Level 1
    22. Cleared with 36 Coins

Level 2
    23. Cleared with 96 Coins

Level 3
    24. Lost
    25. Lost

Level 1
    26. Cleared with 27 Coins

Level 2
    27. Lost
    28. Cleared with 81 Coins

Level 3
    29. Lost
    30. Lost

After thirty Games, we quit playing Voltorb Flip with 12,366 Coins! We then thanked the two nice men here for letting us stay Voltorb Flip and for letting us stay here lately, today, and for however long we stay here for now! I then saved to the front and to the right a little bit of the two nice men, with Meganium to my left, in Celadon City's Game Corner. 245:29

My Team is:
    Ampharos Lv.64
    Meganium Lv.63
    Kingler Lv.63
    Ariados Lv.63
    Sudowoodo Lv.63
    Honchkrow Lv.63

I got about 1,500 Coins today in thirty Games of Voltorb Flip! Hopefully I can do just as good as I did today tomorrow, if not better! Thank you for reading this, my Update, Post!

Edit: Hooray! I leveled up from Super Coordinator, I think, to Feather Trainer here with my 950th Post!
    Last edited by HydroSwampert; 23rd May 2012 at 2:34 AM. Reason: Edit: Hooray!............! :D
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

The final, sixteenth gym fight was in Viridian City, and was full to the brim with confusing tile puzzles, as well as overpowered, yet normal, Ace Trainers! So many headaches... But at the end was an old rival who became a champion...

Battling Boss Bearing Big Beasts
    BLUE
    V.S.

Pandora OHKO'd Exeggutor with a single Ice Beam. Aquisa faced Arcanine, and both monsters used Dragon Pulse. Surf KO'd the fire dog, though. Bareilles' Thunderbolt OHKO'd Gyarados, as always. Elapidae managed to get a critical hit with Seed Bomb to destroy Rhydon.

Machamp was the only one that gave the team trouble. Pandora's Psychic ALMOST OHKO'd it, and Stone Edge destroyed her. Little Mac Faked Out while the Fighting type was healed. Sky Uppercut did a lot of damage, but Dynamic Punch was a critical OHKO! While Blue healed, Elapidae came in and delivered a hard Earthquake. Machamp used Earthquake and the Arbok barely lived, and KO'd the fighter with Poison Jab.

Bareilles KO'd the bird Pigeot with Thunderbolt, and the final gym badge was obtained.

Suddenly, Prof. Oak called saying he had a gift for us, but more importantly... We've got 16 badges! And, now there's only one thing left to do before we call it quits for this Recent Happenings. Challenge Red. However, just a few level 58s, 59s, and maybe a 60 or two won't be enough to defeat him. So... let's call the enemies we've beaten several times, keep them in a Dojo Dungeon, and challenge them over and over until they've reached level 70. Maybe even fight Zangyak a few extra times as well. Then, Red's going down.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

With Azalea Town saved from Team Rocket's evil schemes and Bugsy's badge in hand, I headed into Ilex Forest. Inside, after catching a Paras for Cut purposes, I helped recapture two escaped Farfetch'd and recieved HM01 for my troubles. Paras opened up the way and I was through Ilex Forest in no time. Arriving in Goldenrod City after spending what felt like an age searching for a Ditto, to no avail, I healed up and went to challenge the Gym, only to find that the Leader wasn't actually there, but was at the radio tower.

Mildly irritated, I went to the Radio Tower, did the quiz and Whitney went back to her Gym, where Charmeleon and Carvanha systematically swept her trainers aside. Re-healed and ready to go, I challenged Whitney.

GOLDENROD CITY GYM BATTLE
    Johto Pokemon League Qualifying: Round 3
    Plain Badge Battle!
    -- VS --
    Trainer Amy | Versus | Leader Whitney
    Against

Whitney's Clefairy was tougher than I expected, surviving a Bite from Carvanha. However, it wasted it's time using Mimic and soon enough, it was defeated. Her obnoxious Miltank was next, and Carvanha wasted no time in chewing on it with Bite. Sadly, Miltank is something of a defensive...tank...and a STAB bite barely took off anything. Miltank responded with Stomp which badly injured Carvanha, but I pressed on, Bite again taking off minimal HP. It stomped again, and Carvanha fainted. Charmeleon went in and ended it with a Dragon Rage.

After Whitney stopped crying, she handed over the Plain Badge. Leaving the Gym, I healed and headed North, defeating the trainers along the way and catching both genders of Nidoran and a Drowzee.
    Last edited by JohnGazmon; 23rd May 2012 at 11:47 AM.
    Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

I just got my 3rd Kanto badge. This time, to get it, I challenged the Fuschia City gym. After some training, I fought with the Leader, Koga's daughter, Janine and easily beat her. My opinion, easiest Gym battle so far and won the Soul badge. After some thought, I dunno what made me do it, but I decided to have Absol as the last member of my team, though my team isn't final. Since it was Wednesday, I took advantage of the Hoenn sound and caught one finally at a cave. I trained him to the mid-40s but he's strong enough to handle on his own. Anyways, I caught more Pokes and now, I'm gonna challenge a gym. Either I challenge Grass Gym Leader Erika or Psychic Leader Sabrina will be my next opponent.

Picked up my copy of SoulSilver again today. I looked through the PC and saw my Alamos Darkrai is only at Lv80 so I decided to take it through the Elite 4 with some of my other Lv100's (Torterra, Lucario, Garchomp, Empoleon, and Electivire). I forgot about the rival battle but that only helped in leveling Darkrai. Darkrai did fairly well and solo'd the first two members with a combination of Dark Pulse/Spatial Rend/Psychic. Bruno, Karen, and Lance were a little more difficult but I pulled through. Darkrai now rests at Lv86.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Default Day 399 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 399 Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012 9:13,4 PM
    I started off where we left off yesterday, in Celadon City's Game Corner! We thanked the two nice men here for letting us stay here last night and so far today! We then went over and talked to the two nice men. Then, across from the table from one of the men, we started playing Voltorb Flip! We started off with 12,366 Coins! We started playing Voltorb Flip Level 1!

Level 1
    1. Lost
    2. Cleared with 36 Coins

Level 2
    3. Lost
    4. Lost
    5. Cleared with 64 Coins

Level 3
    6. Cleared with 144 Coins

Level 4
    7. Lost
    8. Lost
    9. Lost

Level 1
    10. Lost
    11. Cleared with 48 Coins

Level 2
    12. Cleared with 64 Coins

Level 3
    13. Lost
    14. Cleared with 128 Coins

Level 4
    15. Lost
    16. Lost

Level 1
    17. Lost
    18. Lost
    19. Cleared with 36 Coins

Level 2
    20. Cleared with 96 Coins

Level 3
    21. Lost

Level 2
    22. Lost
    23. Lost
    24. Cleared with 96 Coins

Level 3
    25. Lost
    26. Lost
    27. Lost
    28. Cleared with 128 Coins

Level 4
    29. Lost

Level 3
    30. Lost

After thirty games, we quit with 13,206 Coins! Irwin then called us, but we missed his call. We hope that he calls us back soon! We then thanked the two nice men for letting us play Voltorb Flip and for letting us stay here lately and for letting us stay here for a couple of more days or so! I then saved to the back and to the right a little bit of the two nice men, with Meganium to my left, in Celadon City's Game Corner. 246:02

My Team is:
    Ampharos Lv.64
    Meganium Lv.63
    Kingler Lv.63
    Honchkrow Lv.63
    Sudowoodo Lv.63
    Ariados Lv.63

I got about 800 Coins today in thirty Games! Hopefully I can do just as good as a did today tomorrow, if not better! Hooray! Today is 399 of this HeartGold Walkthrough of mine! Today will be a pretty special day in it! Thank you for reading this, my Update, Post!
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

I should start being more active here...

I continued my shiny badge quest by doing a small number (probably around 50) for my starter. Nothing has shone yet and I will probably move on and do some more resets later as I have nothing else I need to do.

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Default Day 400 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 400 Thursday, May 24th, 2012 8:45,6 PM
    I started off where we left off yesterday, in Celadon City's Game Corner! We thanked the two nice men for letting us stay here lately! We then went over and talked to them. Once across the table from one of the men, we started playing Voltorb Flip! We started off with 13,206 Coins! We started off with Voltorb Flip Level 1!

Level 1
    1. Lost
    2. Cleared with 36 Coins

Level 2
    3. Cleared with 64 Coins

Level 3
    4. Lost
    5. Lost
    6. Lost
    7. Lost
    8. Lost

Level 1
    9. Cleared with 48 Coins

Level 2
    10. Lost

Level 1
    11. Cleared with 48 Coins

Level 2
    12. Lost

Level 1
    13. Cleared with 36 Coins

Level 2
    14. Cleared with 96 Coins

Level 3
    15. Lost
    16. Cleared with 144 Coins

Level 4
    17. Cleared with 243 Coins

Level 5
    18. Lost
    19. Lost
    20. Lost

Level 1
    21. Cleared with 24 Coins

Level 2
    22. Cleared with 81 Coins

Level 3
    23. Cleared with 108 Coins

Level 4
    24. Lost
    25. Lost
    26. Cleared with 243 Coins

Level 5
    27. Lost

Level 1
    28. Cleared with 27 Coins

Level 2
    29. Lost

Level 1
    30. Lost

Ofter thirty Games of Voltorb Flip, we quit with 14,404 Coins! We then thanked the two nice men here for letting us play Voltorb Flip with them today and for letting us stay here lately and for however longer we will be staying here for now! I then saved to the back and to the left a little bit of the two nice men, with Meganium to my right, in Celadon City's Game Corner. 246:35,6

My Team is:
    Ampharos Lv.64
    Meganium Lv.63
    Kingler Lv.63
    Ariados Lv.63
    Sudowoodo Lv.63
    Honchkrow Lv.63

I got about 1,200 Coins today in thirty Games! I don't think I'm going to do this tomorrow, but I'll see. I'm not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow yet for this HeartGold Walkthrough of mine. I'm sure that I'll think of something to do! Hooray! Today is my 400th Day doing this HeartGold Walkthrough! Maybe I should have done something special. Oh well. I'm happy with what I did! Thank you for reading this, my special Update, Post!
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

Ok, I just defeated Sabrina and Erika and dunno what to do next. Probably I'll be training my team some more. Anyways, on to the fights. Erika was first up, she was pretty easy, but her habit of using Sunny day for some reason, annoys me. Her toughest was Bellosom, but she wasn't really that hard and her kinda stalled my easy win to get the Rainbow badge from her. Sabrina on the other hand, was really easy thanks to my Absol. He just used Sucker punch to beat her Pokes with much ease, thus earning me the Marsh badge. I guess my next plan is that I'll be fighting Misty next, either that, or get Suicune.

Continuing North through the National Park, I picked up a few items and battled the trainers, gaining Charmeleon a few levels along the way. After arriving in Ecruteak City, I healed up and then sent the Rocket goon packing from the Dance Theatre, and recieved Surf from an Old Man. I taught it to Carvanha and then headed out East to catch some more Pokemon. After adding a Magnemite to my party, I returned to the Burned Tower.

Inside, a guy called Eusine talked to me about the Legendary Pokemon and then I saw Morty. As I headed for the ladder, however, it was like De Ja Vu, all over again.

-- VS --
    Trainer Amy | Versus | Trainer Matt
    Against

As ever, Matt wanted to battle, forgetting that i'd beaten him the last two or three times. Carvanha opened with Bite, dispatching his Gastly and then finishing his Zubat with Ice Fang. He switched his Magnemite in so Charmeleon went in and melted it and Carvanha switched back in to defeat his Quilava with Surf. As ever, he grumbled about weakness and left. I dropped down the ladder and watched as the startled Legendary trio departed. I left too, and headed for the Gym. Via the Pokemon Center.

ECRUTEAK CITY GYM BATTLE
    Johto Pokemon League Qualifying: Round 4
    Battle In The Mist!
    -- VS --
    Trainer Amy | Versus | Leader Morty
    Against

Morty's filler trainers were a doddle for Carvanha, although some of their Haunters had developed an annoying habit of surviving Bites and attacking with shadow ball. That said, I was confident of a one-fight win here.

Carvanha opened again, biting Morty's Gastly to KO it. He tried sending in Gengar next, so I switched to Charmeleon and ended it with Dragon Rages. Back to Carvanha, his first Haunter wasted time cutting it's own HP with curse, before it was defeated and his second went for a Shadow Ball that missed, and Carvanha ended him too. Morty conceded, and the Fog Badge was ours. We got Shadow Ball too, woo.

After healing up, I did some level grinding on Water types in Ecruteak's pond. Magnemite made some headway, eventually getting to level 25 but not after several Poliwags and Poliwhirls had used hypnosis and water gun on him (apparently electric/steel typing doesn't give you a resistance to water). I called it a day before my journey down to Olivine.
    Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Default Day 401 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 401 Friday, May 25th, 2012 9:18,9 PM
    I started off where we left off yesterday, in Celadon City's Game Corner! We thanked the two nice men for letting us stay here lately! We went over and talked to them. We started playing Voltorb Flip with them! We started off with 14,404 Coins! We started playing Voltorb Flip Level 1!

Level 1
    1. Lost
    2. Lost
    3. Cleared with 32 Coins

Level 2
    4. Lost
    5. Lost
    6. Cleared with 81 Coins

Level 3
    7. Lost
    8. Lost
    9. Lost

Level 2
    10. Lost
    11. Lost
    12. Cleared with 96 Coins

Level 3
    13. Cleared with 162 Coins

Level 4
    14. Lost
    15. Lost

Level 1
    16. Cleared with 27 Coins

Level 2
    17. Lost

Level 1
    18. Cleared with 36 Coins

Level 2
    19. Cleared with 72 Coins

Level 3
    20. Lost
    21. Cleared with 128 Coins

Level 4
    22. Lost
    23. Lost
    24. Lost
    25. Lost

Level 3
    26. Cleared with 108 Coins

Level 4
    27. Lost
    28. Lost
    29. Cleared with 288 Coins

Level 5
    30. Lost

After thirty Games, we quit with 15,434 Coins! We then thanked the two nice men for letting us play Voltorb Flip with them and for letting us stay here lately and for however long we will stay here for now! I then saved to the front and to the left a little bit of the two nice men, with Meganium to my left, in Celadon City's Game Corner. 247:11

My Team is:
    Ampharos Lv.64
    Meganium Lv.63
    Ariados Lv.63
    Honchkrow Lv.63
    Sudowoodo Lv.63
    Kingler Lv.63

I got about 1,000 Coins in thirty Games of Voltorb Flip today! I kind-of forgot that I was going soomething else today. I'll try to tomorrow! I'll see. Thank you for reading this, my Update, Post!
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

My training is finally finished! Here are the final results. Aquisa is level 71, everyone else is level 70.

Aquisa the Female Kingdra, 198/175/182/175/145/164 Surf/Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/Dragon Pulse

Elapidae the Female Arbok, 177/159/139/100/150/135 Seed Bomb/Earthquake/Crunch/Poison Jab

Bareilles the Female Raichu, 185/136/114/174/133/182 Thunderbolt/Focus Blast/Grass Knot/Nasty Plot

Grandjaws the Female Grandbull, 234/218/150/116/112/95 Return/Crunch/Close Combat/Rock Climb (temporary switch from Rock Slide)

Pandora the Female Jynx, 192/81/75/224/149/180 Psychic/Hidden Power Fire/Lovely Kiss/Ice Beam

Little Mac the Male Hitmonchan 173/188/148/64/180/158 ThunderPunch/Fake Out/Ice Punch/Sky Uppercut

After stopping by Celadon City to pick up the G.B. Sound Player, Anni and her team of six travel to Mt. Silver, but along the way take a final picture from Cameron the Photographer. It sadly requieres Rock Climb, so a move slot for Grandjaws had to be sacrificed so the whole team could take part in the action. The items were left alone, as the Pokemon Master at the top was the true prize. There was a horrible hailstorm in the distance, but it failed to reach the epicness of the true final battle against...

The First Ever Pokemon Master
    RED
    V.S.

Both of the strongest Pokemon (Aquisa and Pikachu) went to battle first. Pikachu unleashed a terrifying Volt Tackle and took some recoil damage, and the Kingdra barely lived and defeated the weakened Pikachu with Surf.

Bareilles outsped the Charizard and shocked it with Thunderbolt, and Flare Blitz instantly KO'd it, and the recoil damage was enough to ALMOST KO it, but the Hail did instead! It was a tie!

Grandjaws was unconditionally sent against Venusaur, but was switched out for Elapidae. The starter type miraculously missed with Sleep Powder, and then smashed the snake with Poison Jab. Arbok bit Venusaur hard with a Crunch, and lowered its Defense. Sleep Powder missed AGAIN, and Crunch AGAIN lowered Venusaur's defense. However, Sleep Powder did hit, but amazingly, on the same turn, SHED SKIN CURED SLEEP! The Venusaur Sludge Bombed, but Poison Jab defeated the starter. Oh by the way, Elapidae had Leftovers on.

Little Mac faced Lapras and flinched it with Fake Out. He then ThunderPunched it for quite a bit of damage, but somehow amazingly took a Psychic really well from the Water/Ice type. He then finished the job with a nicely timed Sky Uppercut to defeat it.

Elapidae encountered Blastoise as a stall to Max Revive Bareilles, and Blizzard defeated the snake. Little Mac came out to make it Flinch again with Fake Out, and was KO'd by Blizzard later. Bareilles switched into defeat it with a single Thunderbolt.

Last up was Snorlax, and he faced Grandjaws and was Intimidated by her. Grandjaws used Crunch but got hit by Blizzard. Twice. However, Grandjaws ended the entire battle by KOing Snorlax with Close Combat. The battle was done! Red has been defeated!

...Oh wait, I forgot to use Pandora. And she wouldn't have taken damage from the hail... Dang it. Ah well.

Red dissapeared from existence, and now, the adventures of Anni and her team are now over. HOWEVER! I am not done posting here... It's time to fulfill the ultimate dream... Catching them all! I'm going to catch them all in Sinnoh first before I move on to unova...

I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, and then I headed to the Cerulean City Gym. I battled against the Gym trainers, and then I healed my Pokemon again. I returned to the Cerulean City Gym to challenge Misty to a battle after that. She sent out her Golduck and I used my Raichu against it. One Thunderbolt attack from my Raichu was enough to defeat Misty's Golduck, and she sent out her Quagsire after that. I used my Sunflora against it, and I won that match with Solarbeam. I used Golem against Misty's Lapras afterwards, and I had it use Rock Slide. That missed, and Golem lost to Lapras's Water Pulse attack. I switched to Raichu and used its Thunderbolt against Lapras, and I beat it that way. I used Raichu against Misty's Starmie too, and I won that match with another Thundebolt attack. I obtained the Cascade Badge and the Water Pulse TM from Misty and I saved.

Page 299 of 374 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349 ... LastLast