Page 3 of 377 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    My game totally crashed! I can't open my save file, just gives a black screen.
    And when I restart I can't save, I get some japanese message.

Just talked to Eusine in the Tower after seeing the beasts. I'm gonna be uploading alot of pictures today. =D
    Favorite Pokemon: Mew and Charmander because they win at life.

I've got my three favorite Pokemon on my team; Lapras, Ampharos, and Umbreon. Now to train them and find the rest of the gym leaders for rematches. I won't fail against Red next time, hopefully.

won my 2nd Bug Catching contest...still gave out a Sun stone :O (wanted a leaf stone lol)

also got the Good Rod, wanted to get Chinchou before Morty but it seems there are no more Chinchous, Shellders and Staryus in Olivine, so I ended up having to go back all the way to New Bark Town to get my Chinchou. Worth it, got a Volt Absorb one

Team at the moment:

-Quilava lv23
    -Weepinbell lv24
    -Fearow lv23
    -Espeon lv21
    -Sandshrew lv6 (Cut/RS/Headbutt slave)
    -Chinchou lv20

(my team will be really Houndoom weak so Lanturn would really help)

A lot has happened since my last update! I got 6 badges and my team now consists of: Lvl 31 Feraligatr, Lvl 31 Espeon, Lvl 32 Pidgeotto, Lvl 32 Ampharos, Lvl 30 Gyarados (for waterfall and whirlpool later), Lvl 6 Rattata (RS, headbutt, cut)! I am now in the Rocket base in Mahogany.

My soul silver finally came in

I started with Cyndaquil, one of my favorite starters of all time (other than teh mudkipz.)

I am at Violet city gym,

Cyndaquil lv12
    Sentret lv11
    Pidgey lv10

And I have another sentret in my pokewalker, and a weedle lv5 in the PC.

I've beat sprout tower, and all gym trainers, just taking a break before fighting falkner.

UPS delivered my copy of HeartGold yesterday. I got to dig into it during some downtime between my full time job and my part time job. Good times!

The first thing I did was progress to the point where I could catch Pokémon. Then I caught a Pidgey and a Rattata, and threw Pidgey into the PokéWalker, which I took with me to my part time job (at a grocery store). That's how I found out that apparently you can only level your Pokémon up once from EXP gained by the 'Walker, until you transfer it to your game again, at which point you can send it back to the 'Walker for another opportunity to level up.

Blarg.

Anyway, that tediousness aside, the game plays brilliantly. I think I'm in love with the soundtrack... it's in my favorite game soundtrack list, right next to Final Fantasy VI, for sure.

At this point, I am at the Pokémon Center just outside of Union Cave. I figure next I'll go catch a Magikarp with my newly acquired Old Rod and either toss it in the 'Walker when Mareep is done in there, or just throw it in the PC and forget about it, holding out for the Red Gyarados.

(Alternatively, I'd like to trade in some Pokémon from my Platinum game that I bred ahead of time just for this game. Can you say "Adamant Dragon Dance / Ice Punch / Waterfall / Aerial Ace Totodile"?)

Current team:

Cyndaquil - level 13
    Butterfree - level 12
    Gastly - level 11 (I think)
    Onix - level 10 (I think)

PokéWalker contains: Mareep
    Pokémon Black Friend Code - 0389-8109-9158 (Primary)
    Pokémon SoulSilver: 0904-4934-6372

Beat Whitney easily... for once. Caught Sudowodoo, shoved him in my box because I don't need him, went to Euretek, kicked ???'s butt hard, released zee hounds, kicked Morty's butt, saved the Kimono girl, got Strength, and encountered Raikou half way through getting to Olivine. Left him be for now due to me having a lack of good Pokeballs. THE LIGHTHOUSE IS AWSOME, Jasmine wanted me to fetch the Secretpotion, healed at the Pokemon center, in which I also battled someone with a Bellosom (with a seal attached to her). Kicked Chuck's butt, played hide and seek with Suicune, kicked Eusine creepy butt, I HAS FLY NOW! Fixed Amphy, kicked Jasmine's butt... and I that is where I have stopped for now.

I started my game yesterday and got all the starters by restarting like 3 times and trading with Platinum. With my starters, I got to the first town last night. I trained a little and caught the Pokemon available on the routes next to it. Today I went to Violet and did the Sprout Tower, caught Pokemon, beat the gym, got/hatched my Togepi, and am currently deciding on leveling up a Geodude for later.

Does anyone know how DPPt hatch/catch locations are handled when traded to HGSS? (Serebii?)

Like say, I hatched my Metagross in "Fuego Ironworks". Will it keep that hatch location or will it say "Faraway place" or "Sinnoh"?
    .: Friend Code: 5300-9214-1882 :.
    Please PM your FC if you add me!
    Looking for lots of friends for Friend Safari!

I've been recording videos of my gameplay. I have found several glitches in the ROM, most of them related to battles. I'm using DeSmuME, which is significantly better at playing DS ROMs than No$GBA ever was.

So, I have 3 badges and I caught Sudowoodo on my first try. Now I'm off to Ecruteak, where Morty, Eusine, and my rival Shounen (equivalent of ??? in GSC) await my arrival.

It seems the server is down for my Bronyland test results, but I am Applejack.

-Defeated Falkner
    -Caught Dunsparce for a dex entry
    -Battled some Unowns
    -Caught a Wooper
    -Caught a Bellsprout

Current Party:
    Quilava - Lvl 19
    Bellsprout - Lvl 6
    Wooper - Lvl 6
    Egg

Will train Quil and Bell until about Lvl 15 each then progress with story.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Still 4 badges but much backtracking due to surf while trying to catch a Smeargle at the Alph ruins I encountered a shiny Batu. Thank God that this Shiny Natu knew Teleport and used it.
    Well, now I won my first Pokethlon tourneys and still wonder what cards you for your Points, doesn't matter because I'm goinig to buy every card of them. Maybe somehow I will dicover what they actually do.

And now instead of heading Olivana, I turned 180 degree and went to the Lake of Rage, got myself some Rage Candybars and a red female Gyarados. Now it's time for me to kick TR out of the town.
    There'll be total devastation,
    Pure annihilation
    Or absolute surrender.
    I'll have limitless power,
    This is our finest hour
    Now go,go,go,go!
    "and those silly comments like mews under the truck."
    PKMN Diamant FC : 3266 1329 4105

PKMN Platin FC : 1634 2465 5625

PKMN Heartgold FC : 4512 3200 9906

I wasn't happy with Chikorita, So I decided to start a new game with Cyndaquil.
    I've already decided to have Crobat on my team, so I went to Dark Cave.
    I must be really lucky, because I found a Dunsparce which has like a 1% chance of appearing without a swarm, so I caught it.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Recently I've beaten the dorky looking Rocket admin in the Radio Tower. I'm now underground, trying to work out that stupid puzzle with the changing walls.

Haven't played Heart Gold since my last post, but I did still have happenings in it that I didn't post. Don't want to have a gigantic post nobody would read and all that.

Current party(as far as you've read. I've actually beat Falkner in my game, but there are so many happenings before that that I don't want to kill you with a giant infodump):
    Liver, Lv.7 Totodile. That's it(and I don't catch anything new in this update, although Liver obvious levels up. Come to think of it, before I get too far from Violet I should go catch a Phanpy...especially since it's morning now.)

-Beep...beep...resuming...playthough...current location:Mr. Pokemon's house. Proceeding with storyline...
    -The mix of objects blatently recycled from DPt and all-new objects is messing with my head.
    -Would you two just SHUT UP ALREADY?
    -Pokedex. Yay. Now, can I give it a TR skin? This is important.
    -Whoa, options for the dex show up before you even see the usual list of Pokemon.
    -the Y option apparently leads to the search feature, A leads to the usual list of Pokemon(why doesn't that show by default? You can always use the other options from within that screen), B cancels. Within the grid of seen/caught Pokemon, Y still brings you to the search screen(seriously, why doesn't the dex open directly to the grid of Pokemon?) X lets you hear the Pokemon's cry, A shows location data, height & weight comparison with you(the male character is 1.5 meters tall and weights 40 kilograms, FYI), and male/female/possible other form comparisons.
    -Liver is in a good mood!
    -Caterpie's new sprite is...strange. Hopefully these sprites get better as I get to more interesting Pokemon(Totodile's sprite isn't that bad, for instance).
    -Liver Lv.8 get!
    -Now that I look, Liver must have a neutral nature since none of his stats are highlighted. Also, I think he just learned Rage. Going to have to remember to overwrite that one ASAP.
    -I love the rotating signs the Pokemarts have now. Finally, they've become as modern as certain dry cleaning shops/pizza places.
    -Ahaha I just noticed that when you heal at a Pokemon center, the Pokemon following you walks around you and jumps on the counter, then turns into a Pokeball. Then it pops back out of its ball once you step away from the counter(but not earlier!)
    -The new rival theme ROCKS. Both the intro part and the battle part.
    -Chikorita? PFFFFFT. Way to pick the lamest starter, guy.
    -That was too easy. Then again, this IS the only initial rival battle in the series you can grind for, if you want to...
    -Hey! It's possible to go to the room of the opposite gender Player Character! At least that's what I assume this is, since you get there using the steps you first see her on(the ones that go a floor above Elm's lab).
    -Oh god, the cops. Better hide my gang-skinned Pokegear.
    -Hello weirdly-dressed girl. Would you mind being quiet? The adults are talking.
    -Rival shall be named...RIVAL. I like to get to the point, and that fits exactly in the character limit.
    -*presses A for two minutes so that the talking stops*
    -I bet the game will want me to talk to my mom again or something before I leave. Sigh.
    -No mom, you can't save my money for me. I'm a big girl...er, boy.
    -Hi female mc.person. Please tell me you're not giving me a capture tutorial. Pretty please? With a cherry on top?
    -Oh god she's going into the tall grass. NOOOOOOO!
    -Now she's jumping up and down...and...uh...
    -Oh god she dragged me into the grass with her.
    -CAPTURE TUTORIAL. DAMN YOU, GAMEFREAK. MAKE THESE OPTIONAL! WE SURVIVED TWO GENS WITHOUT MANDATORY CAPTURE TUTORIALS, DAMMIT! KILL THE ASSWIPE WHO MADE THESE MANDATORY.
    -At least it all happens automatically, so the tutorial ended while I was bitching about it.
    -Pokeballs. Whee. If you excuse me, I'm going to NOT catch any of the worthless crap in these early routes.
    -Ahahahaha Sentret. Its face...something's gone horribly wrong with its face!
    -Please tell me we can start buying repels in Violet City. Please?
    -Jesus christ I hate wild encounters.
    -Trainer battle time! Yay!
    -Okay, NOW it is trainer battle time. Got distracted and quit for a while.
    -Lv.10 Liver. Whoo.
    -Yeah, sure, I'll add you to my Pokegear. Whatever.
    -Ahaha, look at this loser with his Lv.2 Pidgey. Looooooser.
    -I'll be really glad when there are some JOHTO Pokemon I can catch in my game set in JOHTO, instead of all these KANTO Pokemon that are in Johto for some reason.
    -Bellsprout! ...nah, I want JOHTO Pokemon for my game set in JOHTO, dammit!
    -A free antidote in plain sight. Remember when we had to actually search for our free items?
    -What's with all the goddamn apricorn trees replacing berry trees? I want berries, not apricorns. Go to hell, Gamefreak person who replaced all the berry trees.
    -Go away Kotone. You made me see a capture tutorial, we are now mortal enemies for all of eternity.
    -It'll take more than a VS Recorder to douse my undying hatred for you. I don't even need one what on earth am I going to record this early in the game or at any point before English HGSS comes out?
    -...oh my god. The Pokemon boxes. They. use. the. touchscreen. PROPERLY. Go home folks, the game cannot possibly get any better than this so there's no point in me playing anymore.

(next time:I might actually catch this up to where I am in the game!?)
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Too many events happened, so I'll be posting my most recent ones.

- Bayleef evolved into Meganium, I'm happy <3
    - Battled Eusine (er, I guess that's how you spell it =/), Togetic gained a level

For more info... *poking at last link in her signature*

EDIT:
    -Chikorita? PFFFFFT. Way to pick the lamest starter, guy.
    IT'S NOT LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! BODY SLAM PWNS EVERYTHING D=
    Last edited by Illusione-Tempus; 16th September 2009 at 2:39 PM.

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

Okay. I started from New Bark Town and chose Totodile as my starter. Left, met Mr. Pok&#233;mon and Professor Oak and got the Pok&#233;dex. Travelled back, battled my rival, told the police, gave the mysterious egg to Elm.

Left, caught Rattata, Hoothoot, Pidgey, Geodude, Zubat, Dunsparce, Weedle, Hoppip, Mareep, Bellsprout, Ledyba, went through the Bellsprout Tower and completed it.

Defeated Falkner and got the Egg. Hatched it, travelled down and through Union Cave, evolved Totodile to Croconaw.

I'm currently in Slowpoke well since my game crashed after I completed it last time. Sad times. Will keep you updated.

Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

Quick update:

Arrived at Cherrygrove. Beat up Bugsy. Thanks to the help of a very kind middleman, traded some Pokémon from my Platinum version to HeartGold, including a very awesome couple of breeding projects, and a couple of event Pokémon. Timing was great, as I then proceeded to pick up the Notched / Jagged ear Pichu on my way through Ilex Forest.

Beyond here is moot, because I fell asleep with the DS on, the battery died, and I lost my progress on the way to and within Goldenrod City. >_<

Always leave the DS plugged in at night!

Oh, and I tossed my newly hatched Togepi into the PokéWalker this morning. Hopefully by the time I take it back out, it will have enough happiness to evolve.

I GOT SOULSILVER . HG crashed, hopefully this works better.

I got Chickorita as started, it's cute! Only it's not that strong, but I like it. It's male and called Mac. I caught a Hoot-hoot, called it Nod. Then I went to Falkner's town and caught a Mareep, that will go through a tough training soon! She's called Meg.

Okay, lunchtime progress!

Today I left the Ilex Forest and battled the trainers on Route 34. In doing so I had the opportunity to level up and evolve my collection of Johto starter Pok&#233;mon; thanks to my breeding efforts and TMs in Platinum, it's a real pleasure to do that.

Messed around in Goldenrod for a bit... got my Pok&#233;Gear radio card, a point card from Beuna's assistant, a Coin Case from underground (not to mention my photo taken with my team and a bizzare portrait of my Quilava)... and now I'm in the gym getting ready to fight my way to Whitney.

My team:

Croconaw (level 18)
    Quilava (level 18)
    Bayleef (level 17)
    Butterfree (level 16)
    Gastly (level 15)
    Sandshrew (level 8) - basically an HM slave for now

Pok&#233;Walker contains: Togepi

I went and did the Red Gyra event, her name is Da Ji and she is my 4th member of my battle team. Beat up Team Rocket in cruddy looking house that is actually a base, Lance is still a cheater, and beat up Pryce. After beating up Pryce, found out TR was in Goldenrod (due to the Radio playing their theme on all 4 stations...) Went to Goldenrod, ZOMG a TR outfit, too bad ??? had to freaking ruin it. After fight freaky old purple Rocket dude, headed underground... to be greeted by an Kimono Girl? After that, saved the day, went to Bill's house, got the Eevee, named him Zelos, and headed to Blackthorn where I have it currently saved.

I'm lol'ing at the people who's games have "crashed".
    I wonder why? :P

Anyway, my recent progress:
    - Trained Bellsprout and Wooper to Lvl 15 each
    - Collected some more Apricorns
    - Got the Miracle Seed off of that guy and gave it to Bellsprout
    - Caught a Mareep

Currently training Mareep.

Edit: Togepi hatched from the Egg.
    Last edited by DryBones; 16th September 2009 at 10:09 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

My progress:

Since last post I have obtained 3 badges. bringing the total to 4.
    I have visited jasmine in the light house, and surfed to cianwood.
    backtracked to goldenrod, and bought a dratini to be my 6th.
    team is:
    -Ampharos lv30 (used it to cross the sea easily, that's why it's ahead in levels.)
    -Quilava lv28
    -Quagsire lv25
    -Pidgeotto lv22
    -Furret lv22
    -Dratini lv15

Training them all to 30 in preperation for the chuck-jasmine-pryce-rocket rush that's about to begin. can't wait to access safari zone!

I got to the town with the Slowpoke(I don't remember the name sadly) and did those events. It was easy. I gave Kurt 2 Green Apricorns to make into Friend Balls but left before they were finished. I just wanted to get to Goldenrod.

ilex Forest was kinda easy. The first Farfetch'd was easy but the second took a little bit longer to figure out. After them I continued on to route 34 where I registered 3 numbers(mostly because I did the same in G/S) and left 2Pokemon with the Daycare, Kakuna and Mereep. Then I went to Goldenrod, listened to it's awesome music, and wandered around for awhile.

I got myself the radio and opened the way to Whitney's Gym. She was more annoying than hard since both her Pokemon used Attract and her Miltank spammed Stomp over and over. She killed my Bayleef but my Quilava managed to stop her Miltank. Then I wandered around some more, caught some Pokemon, and checked up on my Pokemon in the Daycare. They'd gained about 20 levels so I took the time to evolve them both. Next is the National Park.

Page 3 of 377 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast