Page 304 of 376 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 9382

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

Continuing my Nuzlocke run... I made it to Violet City, but along the way, I caught a Geodude in Dark Cave, and lost her almost immediately, so I had no attachment to her. On Route 31 I captured a Bellsprout. Once again I forgot to nickname. I never nickname Pokemon, but I wanted to for this Nuzlocke run, but I keep forgetting. I'm used to spamming the B button after I capture a Pokemon. I'll nickname her as well as Spearow as soon as I reach Goldenrod. I am now in the Bellsprout Tower. I captured a Gastly there, I forgot to nickname AGAIN. I'll nickname him Spectre. I've only battled 1 sage there so far. Currently I'm battling wild Pokemon, leveling up Cyndaquil so he can evolve. My goal before I go to the gym is to reach these levels: level 14 Quilava, level 12 Spearow, level 12 Gastly, and level 12 Bellsprout. I'm hoping Quilava can take out Faulker on his own, but I'll pray for a Mareep since I can only capture the first wild Pokemon on each new route/area.

To be continued...
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Default Day 426 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 426 Tuesday, June 19th, 2012 11:25,6,7 PM
    I started off where we left off yesterday, in Cinnabar Island's Nurse Joy's Pokemon Center. We thanked the nice Nurse Joy for letting us stay here! We then exited the Pokemon Center. We then started surfing mainly to the east once we got onto Route 20. We then started training! I started to train with Kingler first! Vance called us while we were training, but we missed his call. We hope that he calls us back soon! Reena called us too, but we missed her call. We hope that she calls us back soon too! Shortly after that, Kingler leveled up to Lv. 64! We then surfed back mainly west onto Cinnabar Island from Route 20. Once there, we entered Cinnabar Island's Nurse Joy's Pokemon Center. Once inside, Nurse Joy healed my Pokemon! I then saved to the left of the nice Nurse Joy and of the PC, with Meganium to my left, in Cinnabar Island's Nurse Joy's Pokemon Center. 260:04
    Badges: 16
    PokeDex, Caught: 120

My Team is:
    Meganium Lv.64
    Honchkrow Lv.64
    Kingler Lv.64
    Ampharos Lv.64
    Ariados Lv.63
    Sudowoodo Lv.63

I like how the training went today! I will do almost the same thing tomorrow, but with a different Pokemon. Thank you for reading this, my Update, Post!
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

Just gotten two badges, one from Chuck and another from Jasmine. Now Im at the Lake of Rage but grinding my Seel and Rhyhorn up before facing the Red Gyarados. I went to Safari zone and caught Rhyhorn and Seel, but Im still waiting for Baoba to call me up to learn about the area customization so I can find myself a Doduo from Rocky Mountain and have it on my team.

Team:

Quillava ----- lv 32

Scyther ---- lv 31

Gengar ---- lv 32

Seel ---- lv 22

Rhyhorn ---- lv 22

Continued my Nuzlocke run today.

I didn't really do much except beat the trainers in the Bellsprout Tower and then the Violet City gym. Faulker was super easy. Way easier than I thought he'd be. I OHKO'd his Pidgey with Quilava's Ember, then beat Pidgeotto with 3 Embers. Pidgeotto landed like one hit on Quilava, and it only took away 8 or 9 HP so I was safe. After that, I went to the grass south of Violet City, hoping for a Pokemon I don't already have. Nope. It was another Bellsprout. I decided to just kill it. I also beat the first trainer along that route.

Quilava lvl 15
    Spearow lvl 13
    Gastly lvl 10 (or 11?)
    Bellsprout lvl 6 (maybe 7 or 8, don't remember)

The Bellsprout may not get used that much. I'll probably use her for Cut and that's it. There's another Grass Pokemon I want instead.

Default Day 427 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 427 Wednesday, June 20th, 2012 11:47,8,9 PM
    I started off where we left off yesterday, in Cinnabar Island's Nurse Joy's Pokemon Center. We thanked the nice Nurse Joy and everyone else here for letting us stay here. We then left and Pokemon Center. Once outside, we surfed mainly east from Cinnabar Island to Route 20. Once onto Route 20, I started training with Sudowoodo. After a little while, Sudowoodo leveled up to Lv. 64! I then started training with Ariados. Liz then called us, but we missed her call. We hope that she calls us back soon! We then decided to be done training for today since we were tired and it was getting late. We surfed back mainly west from Route 20 to Cinnabar Island. Once there, we entered Cinnabar Island's Nurse Joy's Pokemon Center. The nice Nurse Joy then healed my Pokemon. We thanked her for that and for letting us stay here! I then saved to the left of the nice Nurse Joy and of the PC, with Meganium to my left, in Cinnabar Island's Nurse Joy's Pokemon Center. 260:36,7

My Team is:
    Meganium Lv.64
    Kingler Lv.64
    Sudowoodo Lv.64
    Ampharos Lv.64
    Honchkrow Lv.64
    Ariados Lv.63

I'm pretty happy with how the training went today! Hopefully it'll go just as well if not better tomorrow than it did today! Thank you for reading this, my Update, Post!
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

So after grinding up my Togepi to catch up after hours, I battled Bugsy. And was thrown off guard by his Sycther being first but still won on my first go.

Then fought Silver beating his Gastly and Zubat easily, but that Beyleef actually almost beat me! Flaffy couldn't do much but Thunder wave, then she died. Togepi stalled then died. Crokanaw Used Bite FTW. And a close victory it was so after that guess what? GRINDING! And Togepi evolved and I caught a Heracross. Participated in the Bug catching contest and won. Oh yeah and Joey called and talked about his "Top percentage Rattata."
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

So, after capturing Sudowoodo, I headed off to Ecruteak City. After rescuing the poor damsel in distress, I made my way to the Burned Tower. After chatting to Eusine, I battled Silver, and Togepi evolved! Woo. Then I did the Suicune stuff, and set about training for Morty's Gym. I captured a Miltank, and tried the Pokeathlon for a while. Eventually, I challenged Morty. Beat him quite easily. Shadow Ball hit hard, but Sudowoodo took down Gengar in the end~

I then headed down to Olivine City, and climbed the lighthouse battling all of the trainers (my god there's a lot). Then I was off to Cianwood! I tried to battle Chuck, but totally forgot what his levels were and got creamed. After a bit of training I lost again, and then on my third try, I defeated him. Primeape wasn't too hard, but Poliwrath's Focus Punch and Hypnosis were a pain. Bayleef tied with it in the end.

Lv 29 | Lv 29 | Lv 29 | Lv 27 | Lv 23 | Lv 19

Yeah... I sort of stopped training Venonat and Miltank. They just weren't up to scratch. Dunno who my last two members will be, but I'll probably keep the first four anyway.

June 21, 2012
    Day 18: Corphish, Cradily, Sealeo, Huntail

I breeded my Crawdaunt to easily obtain a Corphish. Then, I fought Bugsy a bunch of times (at least seven) to evolve Lileep and Spheal into Cradily and Sealeo, respectively. Finally, I used the Dowsing Machine (never used it once before this time) to find a DeepSeaTooth at Route 20. I gave it to my Clamperl, traded it, then traded it back to get Huntail.

452 seen
    438/493 55 remain

I'll need to find a Relicanth next. But where?
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

^ I think I got mine somewhere in around the Radio tower in Kanto

On my journey, I did tons of things. Got the Red Gyarados, defeated the 3 Electrodes in the shop basement, got the Mahagony badge and the radio tower story in Goldenrod city. I then headed through the Ice Path and arrived at Blackthorn City where I am grinding a little before facing Clair.

Team:

Dodrio ---- lv 34

Rhyhorn ---- lv 34

Gengar ---- lv 36

Scyther ---- lv 34

Typhlosion ---- lv 36

Dewgong ---- lv 34

Default Day 428 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 428 Thursday, June 21st, 2012 11:28,9 PM
    I started off where we left off yesterday, in Cinnabar Island's Nurse Joy's Pokemon Center. We thanked her and everyone else here for letting us stay here. We then left the Pokemon Center. Once outside, we started surfing mainly east soon from until we got onto Route 20. Once there, I started training with Ariados! In a little while, Ariados leveled up to Lv. 64! I then started training Meganium. In a little whlie, we decided to stop training for today since we were getting tired and it was late. So we surfed mainly back west from Route 20 to Cinnabar Island, were we got on land. We then entered Cinnabar Island's Nurse Joy's Pokemon Center. The nice Nurse Joy healed my Pokemon. I thanked her for that and for letting us stay here. I then saved to the left of the nice Nurse Joy and of the PC, with Meganium to my left, in Cinnabar Island's Nurse Joy's Pokemon Center. 261:03

My Team is:
    Meganium Lv.64
    Sudowoodo Lv.64
    Ariados Lv.64
    Ampharos Lv.64
    Kingler Lv.64
    Honchkrow Lv.64

I'm pretty happy with how the training went today, Hopefully it'll go just as well if not better tomorrow than it did today. Thank you for reading this, my Update, Post!
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

I caught many legendaries including Mewtwo which I only had to use One Ultra Ball. I also got Ho-oh, Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno, and Suicune. I'm on the hunt for Entei, Raikou, and Latios. Hope to get these pretty soon.

Leaving off from where I was after my last post, I made my way south to Azalea town, training my Pokemon to respectable levels so I could challenge the Azalea gym. I made it to Slowpoke Well and was fighting the Rocket Grunts there.

One of the grunts had an Ekans, and I had no idea it knew Bite, so I sent out Gastly because he needed experience, and well he was OHKO'd and now he's gone forever since this is a Nuzlocke run

He actually wasn't that useful due to all of the normal type Pokemon you encounter in the beginning of the game, and all of the Rattatas that the Grunts have. I know of a good replacement for him, though. I just hope it'll be the first Pokemon I encounter on the certain Route it's on.

Lvl 15 Quilava
    Lvl 14 Spearow
    Lvl 15 Bellsprout
    Egg

K. Just got to Goldenrod City. On the way, I captured a Caterpie in Ilex Forest, and a Drowzee on the route after that. I plan on trading the Drowzee for a Machop in the Department store. I evolved my Caterpie and I'm currently working to evolve it into Butterfree. Once I'm through with that, I'm going to put Butterfree in the daycare for a while. After that, I'm going to evolve my Spearow, currently it's at level 18.

Lvl 18 Quilava
    Lvl 18 Spearow
    Lvl 16 Bellsprout
    Lvl 12 Drowzee
    Lvl 7 Metapod
    Lvl 1 Togepi

I thought about training that Togepi and letting it evolve, just in case something happens to Spearow/Fearow, since I'm on a Nuzlocke run. Also I plan on evolving that Eevee you get into Umbreon or possibly trading it to Platinum and evolving it into Glaceon.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 23rd June 2012 at 12:56 AM.

June 22, 2012
    Day 19: Relicanth, Luvdisc, Bagon

I had to boot up my Platinum to get both Relicanth and Luvdisc. It took quite a bit of time to fish them up with a Super Rod, as both had a 5% rate of being caught. I found Relicanth and Luvdisc at Route 226 (I think) and at the Pokemon League, respectively. I traded them over to SoulSilver to get their PokeDex data. It took a ton of time though- nearly forty minutes of fishing.

I bred my Salamence (Sally Mence) with a Ditto to get a Bagon egg. I could've bred that Salamence with my other one, but they coincidentally both from the same trainer. It took a long time, but I eventually hatched it into a Bagon.

453 seen
    441/493 52 remain

Next time, I'll train my Bagon until it evolves into a Shelgon.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

HeartGold arrived today, so I went about starting it. I received Cyndaquil from Elm, then carried out the painfully slow quest to visit Mr. Pokémon. I met Oak, then returned with the egg in tow to New Bark. I encountered Silver there, whom I defeated easily with my overleveled Cyndaquil. Lyra rushed in to the lab to proclaim my innocence, which I don't understand. Surely Elm would have vouched for me. Wouldn't he...? I then battled trainers on my way to Violet City, including the unforgettable, immensely powerful Youngster Joey. In Violet, I climbed Sprout Tower and my Cyndaquil evolved. I then took on Falkner, defeating him with ease. I received the Togepi egg, then traversed Union Cave and found myself in Azalea Town. I caught a second team member in the Slowpoke Well, and saved immediately after.

I don't know if I'll even bother catching six Pokémon for my team. I think I'll only do so if something really catches my interest. Also, this is the first time I've used real names for my Pokémon's nicknames and the first time I've used someone I know irl as inspiration. But I'm sure no one cares about that.

Θ Current Team
    Jimmy Lv. 18
    Rory Lv. 6
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 23rd June 2012 at 12:55 AM.

^Rory?

Gonna take a wild guess, either that's a popular name in Ireland and you have friends or family with that first name, or you are a golf fan and you're referring to Rory McIlroy.

Default Day 429 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 429 Friday, June 22nd, 2012 11:01,2 PM
    I started off where we left off yesterday, in Cinnabar Island's Nurse Joy's Pokemon Center. We thanked the nice Nurse Joy and everyone else here for letting us stay here. We then left here. Once outside, we headed to the shore. We then started surfing mainly east onto Route 20. Once there, I started training with Meganium. Wade called us while we were training, but we missed his call. We hope that he calls us back soon. After a little while, Meganium leveled up to Lv. 65! I then started training with Ampharos. Brent tried calling us too, but we missed his call too. We hope that he calls us back soon. Shortly after that, we decided to be done training for today since we were tired and it was getting late. We then surfed mainly back west from Route 20 onto Cinnabar Island. Once on Cinnabar Island, we entered their Nurse Joy's Pokemon Center. Once inside, the nice Nurse Joy healed my Pokemon for free. I thanked her for healing my Pokrmon for free and for letting us stay here. I then saved to the left of the nice Nurse Joy and of the PC, with Meganium to my left, in Cinnabar Island's Nurse Joy's Pokemon Center. 261:34

My Team is:
    Meganium Lv.65
    Ampharos Lv.64
    Ariados Lv.64
    Kingler Lv.64
    Honchkrow Lv.64
    Sudowoodo Lv.64

I'm happy with how my training went today! Hopefully it'll go just as good tomorrow as it did today, if not better! Thank you for reading this, my Update, Post!
    Last edited by HydroSwampert; 23rd June 2012 at 6:11 AM. Reason: Edit: My Team is:......Lv.64
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

Battled Whitney with my Heracross alone, swept both Clefairy, and Ubertank/Milktank. In one go! Ironically beat them both with 1 Brick Break alone. After that was taken care of, I battled the Sudowoodo on Route 36. And yes, I caught it, but am not using it. Then I went and tried Pokethon and failed at it. Any advice?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

I officially have gotten bored of my Soul Silver so i decided to do a new game. In the process of transferring to a different game for storage so i can begin my adventure anew from New Bark to Mt. Silver.

Question that needs to be answered please!

If i already used the Pikachu colored Pichu to obtain the Spiky-eared Pichu on a save file, would i be able to transfer the Pikachu colored Pichu and obtain the Spiky-eared pichu on a different save file?

June 23, 2012
    Day 20: Shelgon, Beldum, Metang, Deoxys

After a ton of Whitney fights, Bagon evolved into Shelgon. Then, I searched for the Metagross I caught from an old Pokemon Colosseum run. I bred it with Ditto to get a Beldum egg, hatched it then continued to fight Whitney with an Exp. share. Thankfully it didn't take as many fights to evolve it. After that, I traded a random egg to my Diamond game for the Gamestop Deoxys from 2008, if anyone remembers that. It's a bit outta order, but I'm saving the next Pokemon for next time...

457 seen
    445/493, 48 remain

I'll be attempting to catch the legendary Groudon next time!

Oh my GOD this Nuzlocke run I'm doing is turning out to be a disaster. There's like, ZERO trainers that I have type advantage over. Just lost 2 of my Pokemon back to back. My Quilava barely made it out alive as well. I'm down to 2 Pokemon left in my party, but I do have 2 in the daycare that I'm going to have to call upon soon. I'm about to go to the Burned Tower and then to the Ecruteak Gym, but I need to train first before I battle Morty.

Just lost another, so today I've lost Machop lvl 20, Bellsprout lvl 17, and lvl 19 Butterfree

All I have left are Quilava level 23, Fearow lvl 21, Drowzee lvl 18, Togepi lvl 1 (gonna train soon), Eevee lvl 5 (may trade to Platinum to evolve into Leafeon)
    Last edited by ebevan91; 23rd June 2012 at 11:38 PM.

I took on the Rocket members in the Slowpoke Well, then challenged Azalea Gym after some training. The oh-so androgynous Bugsy wasn't too hard to defeat, although his Scyther was a little challenging. Soon, I had made my way through the pitiful Ilex Forest and was nearing Goldenrod. Lyra made a random appearance once again, and she found it necessary to spout nonsense. In Goldenrod, I found Whitney and upgraded my Pokégear. I challenged her Gym, using a newly-acquired team member to take out the trainers there. It was then time to face her Miltank, which was a massive pain. Whitney, Stomp only has a 30% chance of flinching. Try remembering that some time, OK? Eventually, I made my way to Ecruteak with the Plain Badge in tow.

There, I caught sight of the Legendary Beasts and Eusine in the Burned Tower. I then proceeded to Morty's Gym, which I found somewhat challenging. I had to lower Gengar's Defense with Leer, and it was soon KO'd. I headed west for Olivine, and once there, climbed Glimmer Lighthouse to speak to Jasmine. She requested that I go to Cianwood, which coincidentally features my name (not pronounced sigh-an, though). I saved in Olivine, prepared for the trip across the sea.

Θ Current Team
    Jimmy Lv. 26
    Rory Lv. 28
    Cormac Lv. 27

These names sound Irish, but I didn't choose them for this reason. D:

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    ^Rory?

Gonna take a wild guess, either that's a popular name in Ireland and you have friends or family with that first name, or you are a golf fan and you're referring to Rory McIlroy.
    I knew as soon as I posted that that most would think I was referring to Rory (his name comes from a TV programme character; I don't even know anyone called Rory). :P
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 25th June 2012 at 2:00 PM.

^So it was Jimmy?

Anyways, I think my Nuzlocke run is about to come to an end. Down to 2 Pokemon and I'm about to face Morty. He destroyed me during my last normal playthrough and I was overleveled... might need to go train just in case. Maybe I'll train that Togepi while I'm at it.

Lvl 25 Quilava
    Lvl 25 Fearow

WOW, the AI in this game is stupid. Morty was down to his last Pokemon, Haunter, and it had less than half its health left, so it uses CURSE, kills itself, and I win the battle!
    Last edited by ebevan91; 24th June 2012 at 12:51 AM.

Today I went to the Pal Park to transfer over Pokemon from Fire Red onto my Soul Silver. The Pokemon where Lv. 5 Squirtle, Lv. 34 Kingdra, Lv. 32 Growithe, Lv. 29 Politoed, Lv. 23 Charmeleon, and Lv. 70 Rayquaza. Each had an item held to them. 3 Master Balls, a thundrstone, firestone and waterstone.

Default Day 430 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 430 Saturday, June 23rd, 2012 11:41,2 PM
    I started off where we left off yesterday, in Cinnabar Island's Nurse Joy's Pokemon Center. We thanked the nice Nurse Joy for letting us stay here. We then left the Pokemon Center. Once outside, we headed to the shore. We then started to surfing to Route 20. Once there, I started training with Ampharos. In a little while Ampharos leveled up to Lv. 65, gaining seven Special Defense points! I then decided to train with Honchkrow for a little while. Hillary called us, but we missed her call. We hope that she calls us back soon. Shortly after, we decided to be done training for today since we were tired and it was getting late. We then surfed mainly west back onto Cinnabar Island from Route 20. We landed there. We then headed mainly north into Cinnabar Island's Nurse Joy's Pokemon Center. Once inside, the nice Nurse Joy healed my Pokemon. We then thanked the nice Nurse Joy and everyone else here for letting us stay here and for healing my Pokemon. I then saved to the left of the nice Nurse Joy and of the PC, with Meganium to my left, in Cinnabar Island's Nurse Joy's Pokemon Center. 262:05

My Team is:
    Meganium Lv.65
    Ampharos Lv.65
    Honchkrow Lv.64
    Kingler Lv.64
    Ariados Lv.64
    Sudowoodo Lv.64

I'm pretty happy with how the training went today! Hopefully it'll do just as good tomorrow as it did today, if not better! I will only be able to do this HeartGold Walkthrough for two more days in a row, maybe three. I'm not sure if I will resume it next Sunday or Monday. I'll see. Hopefully I'll resume it on Sunday. Thank you for reading this, my Update, Post!
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

I completed the National Pokedex on my Platinum a few days ago, so now I have been doing work on my Pokedex in HeartGold. Yesterday, I Pal Parked some Pokemon from Emerald, including some starter Pokemon. I also transferred some useful items over, such as a Lucky Egg and a few evolution stones. Today, I mainly worked on leveling up Pokemon in order to evolve them. Some of the Pokemon I trained included Pidgeotto, Ponyta, Sentret, and Hippopotas. Leveling them all up was a bit of a slow process, even with the help of the Lucky Egg. Still, I managed to bring my total number of owned Pokemon to over 200, which is a major increase compared to a few days ago.

Page 304 of 376 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354 ... LastLast