Page 306 of 376 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356 ... LastLast
Results 7,626 to 7,650 of 9396

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

I climbed the Bell Tower, then watched the Kimono Girls perform -- their dance, that is. Ho-Oh arrived, and I went about catching it. After two Repeat Balls, it was mine. I then headed east from New Bark to Route 27, battling trainers as I went. I did the same on Route 26, then found myself in Victory Road. After but ten minutes, I had defeated Silver and was at the Indigo Plateau. I decided immediately to take on the Elite Four.

Will was very simple, as was Koga. Neither provided a challenge in any way, while Bruno was, while more difficult, easily defeated. Karen, on the other hand, was nothing short of a nightmare. Her Houndoom's Nasty Plot had me on the cusp of shouting in distress. I managed to defeat her after a few attempts, though, and was then greeted by Lance. With the oh-so-epic theme spurring me on, I managed to beat him with notable difficulty. I was down to one Pokémon by the end, but his Charizard soon fell to my Slowbro's Surf. I was declared Champion, and returned home.

I then took the S.S. Aqua after receiving the ticket from Elm, and battled the trainers aboard. I found the lost little girl and the ship docked in Vermilion. I looked around a bit, remembering the tree blocking the way to the Gym from LeafGreen, then saved in the Pokémon Center.

Θ Current Team
    Jimmy Lv. 46
    Rory Lv. 47
    Cormac Lv. 47

In SoulSilver I have been spent the past few days trying to raise the happiness of a Togepi I transferred over from XD: Gale of Darkness. While I was at Daisy's I remembered that I hadn't captured the Latios flying around Kanto so I kept running between Routes around Vermillion until I found it in the grass. I was considering using a Master Ball on it so I looked and saw that I had EIGHT Master Balls for some reason so I chucked one and caught it. Naive natured, which isn't terrible. I took the Magnet Train to Goldenrod where I will get another massage for Togepi tomorrow.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    Right now I have a Lv. 24 Croconaw named Tsunami. Bashful nature. With: Scratch, Bite, Water Gun, & Ice fang. I will probably ditch Ice Fang once I get ice beam. Scratch will be replaced with Surf. Bite with crunch maybe. As for Water Gun, maybe Hydro Pump, or elemental hyper beams.

My next pokemon is, Flaffy! I nicknamed it Thunder. Lv. 22 currently. Docile Nature With: Tackle, Cotton Spore, ThunderShock, & Thunder Wave. ThunderWave does nothing w/ Static as it's ability. Tackle needs to leave, same with Cotton Spore. I'm not sure what moves Flaffy/Ampharos gets so. I'll wait.

Heading to: Ecruteak City. "A city that even now bears the marks of it's history". I'm playing SS so no Ho-Oh. Going for the Fourth Badge. I need a new poke soon. What ones are in the Ecruteak/Olivine/Cianwood area? Thanks. I'll post meh happenings after the Fourth Badge! Wish me luck!!!!
    Koffing/Magmar can be found in the Burned Tower. The route adjacent to Ecruteak also has Miltank and Tauros.

Oh btw you could get Headbutt to replace Tackle/Scratch on Flaaffy and Croconaw, respectively. The move tutor in Ilex does it for free every time.

Anywayyyy. I finished giving Eevee tons of haircuts and he evolved into Espeon just as he turned L15, so I could get Confusion on him. I've been grinding him ever since, fighting wild Raticate and such. After I got Eevee to L28, I went into the Burned Tower and challenged Silver. Espeon easily took care of the whole team. Then I went downstairs and met the legendary beasts. After that I collected the stuff in the basement floor and went outside.

I headed to Ecruteak Gym to challenge Morty, amidst tons of Gastly and Hunter, all of whom got hit out cold with Confusion. Two Haunters managed to land some damage on Espeon with Sucker Punch, but their Atk isn't really high so I didn't get into much trouble with that. After all the trainer battles, I got Espeon up to L29. I challenged Morty, using Espeon most of the time. I only changed to Feraligatr when he was sending out Gengar, because I thought Gengar would outspeed Espeon and KO him with Shadow Ball. After the gym match, I went out with a L30 Espeon and L31 Feraligatr.

Now that I could use Surf out of battle, I'm heading towards Olivine and eventually Cianwood. I wanted to get the 5th Badge first before doing all the sidequests with Surf, so that I could catch a Misdreavus and start breeding Koffing, so that he can join in the fun and get some experience. Sadly, you can only get Misdreavus after beating Chuck and delivering the SecretPotion. Eh. Otherwise Koffing would have been a great help in the upcoming Fighting gym. I've got Espeon though, so it's not really that bad.

Chuck's team tops off at L31... I would have to start level grinding again. I like my team to be at least 2-3 levels higher than the gym leader's Pokemon. I think the Tentacruel and Mantine in the sea routes will give me lots of experience. I've been skipping most of the trainers so far so I can have an easier time training my Koffing when I hatch him soon.

Went into Cinawood and grabbed the Secret Potion. Surfed back to Olivine to the lighthouse, and gave the Potion to Jasmine and made it into the Safari Zone while doing some grinding at the routes there. Some of my Pokemon are LV.33 and the rest are 30. Next time! Head to the fight vs Chuck.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Went into Cinawood and grabbed the Secret Potion. Surfed back to Olivine to the lighthouse, and gave the Potion to Jasmine and made it into the Safari Zone while doing some grinding at the routes there. Some of my Pokemon are LV.33 and the rest are 30. Next time! Head to the fight vs Chuck.
    Ooh, I just realized you could do that! Now I can get Misdreavus before fighting Chuck!

That said, I went ahead and got myself one, lol. I wanted to get Koffing with Pain Split, so now I have to train Misdreavus up to L28 before depositing them both in the Day Care Center. I also went to the Burned Tower to get a Magmar to make eggs hatch quicker.

All preparations done, now I'm leveling Misdreavus up. Now he's at L23, 5 more levels. I also noticed that his nature is Modest, probably due to Espeon being the lead Pokemon with Synchronize. Good thing, but such a shame I'm not planning to raise a Mismagius.

So yeah, that's it. Can't wait to start breeding Koffings. :P After I get one I'm planning to go do all the sidequest stuff with Surf and level Koffing up so that he'd be on par with Feraligatr and Espeon. I plan to have them all at L35 before challenging Chuck.
    Last edited by arceus03; 29th June 2012 at 3:06 AM.

June 28, 2012
    Day 25: Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny, Chatot

I slapped a Rock Incense on my Sudowoodo, threw it in the Day Care, waited a bit, and got a Bonsly egg. After hatching it, I searched through my PC, but couldn't find a Mr. Mime... So, I went to my Diamond game and caught a Mime Jr. by hand, and traded it over. For Happiny, I did the same thing I did with Sudowoodo except with a Luck Incense, which I thankfully already had. It took longer to hatch, however.

By coincidence, it was Sinnoh Sound day, where I could grab a Chatot from several places. At the Sprout Tower, it took like eight Meditite encounters for me to finally find and catch a Chatot. I was actually considering catching one in Diamond if it wasn't working...

481 seen
    471/493, 22 remain

Oh gosh... Spiritomb is next... I may take the entire time trying to get that...
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

I finally challenged Blaine at his Gym on the Seafoam Islands. He sent out Rapidash first, and I used my Feraligatr against it. I had Feraligatr use Surf against Rapidash, but Rapidash survived and it countered with Bounce. I managed to hit it with another Surf attack eventually. I sent out my Bellossom when Blaine used his Magcargo after that. Luckily for me, Bellossom's Giga Drain attack defeated Marcargo in one hit. I sent out Gliscor to battle against Blaine's Magmar after that, but it wasn't a very good choice. I had to withdraw it and I used Feraligatr again. I managed to defeat Blaine's Magmar with a solid Surf attack, and then I won the Volcano Badge from Blaine. I decided to explore the Seafoam Islands some more after that. I managed to level up my Pokemon a bit, and then I flew back to Cinnabar Island to heal them. I walked out of there when I finished and I saved the game.

June 29, 2012
    Day 26: Spiritomb, Munchlax, Riolu

It took about twenty minutes of constantly going into talking to people, going into Secret Bases, then going back out to meet the 32 people requirement to get a Spiritomb. This was in Sinnoh by the way. That was the first time I've ever caught a Spiritomb. After trading it to SoulSilver, I gave one of my many Snorlax a Full Incense and led it breed with a Ditto for a Munchlax egg. After hatching, I needed a Riolu. I apparently had a Lucario at one point, but didn't have it anymore, so I traded over my Lucario from Diamond and bred it for a Riolu egg, and eventually hatched it.

I'm almost there! Less than 20 to go!

483 seen
    474/493, 19 remain

Remaining Pokémon: Hippopotas, Hippowdon, Skorupi, Drapion, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Carnivine, Finneon, Lumineon, Mantyke, Snover, Abomasnow, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Glaceon, Porygon-Z, Probopass, Phione
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

To make my post more Interesting, I'll describe the more important battles to you guys.
    So after dealing with Chucks Gym Trainers I battled him and what happened was, I lead of with my newly evolved Togekiss ( oh yeah and Growlthie evolved as well.) And as the battle started, I began with Extrasensory spamming it while avoiding some Focus Punches. That was Primape. Now Poliwrath shockingly wasn't getting OK'd by ThunderPunch he got a surf on my Amphros and Focus Punch but I kept on Thundershocking and ThunderPunching until I won. So far, not a single gym leader has been able to beat me! After healing my Pokemon and obtaining HM Fly, I return to Olivine and do some grinding. And guess what? Entei appeared and I already had Masterballs on me so I threw one and I had Entei! Cheap way to get him yes, but now I won't have to search for it. I did the roaming trick to get Rikou to appear in my area, you know where those 2 routes are and there are steps? Keep going from Route to Route checking the Pokegear and you'll get him easily. So now Raikou is mine along with Entei and now next time! Hard body girl VS Jasmine.

I immediately challenge Lt. Surge, and won with ease due to my Nidoking's Earthquake. That trash can puzzle didn't turn out to be as difficult as I remembered it to be. I then headed north for Saffron, but I didn't challenge Sabrina straight away. Instead, I went north again. Misty wasn't at Cerulean Gym, so I explored Nugget Bridge and the surrounding routes. I eventually looped back around to Saffron from Lavender, and battled Sabrina. She wasn't too difficult, although was more challenging than Surge. With two Kanto badges, I visited the Power Plant and retrieved the Machine Part from the Rocket member. I also got Misty to return to the Gym, and so I challenged her, adding a third badge to my collection.

I then received the upgrade for my Pokégear's radio in Lavender, and caught the sleeping Snorlax for its Leftovers. I continued east from there, then south to Fuschia City. I challenged Janine, and while I thought I was sure she was the figure in the middle of the Gym, her impersonators did startle me. Janine was simple to take down, so I didn't waste anymore time in Fuschia and headed west for Cycling Road. I was soon in Celadon City, where I battled Erika. By this stage, I had five Kanto badges and was ready to venture out from central Kanto. With access to the sea blocked off at Fuschia, I headed through Diglett's Cave to reach Route 2 and Pewter City. Before challenging Brock, though, I went to Mt. Moon to defeat Silver. Why doesn't he have a Weavile? Why doesn't he have a Crobat? Why are these trainers so under-levelled? Why?!!?! Anyway, I returned to Pewter and defeated Brock, then headed through the-not-so-confusing-anymore-childhood-slightly-tarnished-Viridian Forest. I saved in Viridian, with only two badges left to obtain.

TL;DR: I curbstomped most of Kanto and intend to continue to do so with the last two Leaders.

Θ Current Team
    Jimmy Lv. 59
    Rory Lv. 60
    Cormac Lv. 69
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 30th June 2012 at 12:14 AM.

For the past few days I have been training so that my Pokemon will evolved. I got a Charizard and Blastiose. Also evolved with stones and got Ninetails, Starmie, and Arcanine.

I healed my Pokemon at the Cinnabar Island Pokemon Center after defeating Blaine, and then I flew to Viridian City. I bought some items at the Viridian City Poke Mart, and then I battled against Cal at the Trainer House for a Battle Point. I went to the Viridian City Gym after that. The Gym trainers there were a lot tougher than I first thought they'd be, so I had to leave after I battled just a couple of them. I healed my Pokemon again, and then I went to Victory Road to train my Pokemon some more. It took a while for my Pokemon to level up enough. I finally left the cave after my Pokemon had leveled up by three levels each, and I healed them at the Viridian Pokemon Center. I bought some more healing items at the local Poke Mart, and I returned to the Gym to battle against the remaining Gym trainers. I managed to defeat them all and I made it to Blue's spot at the back of the Gym.

June 30, 2012
    Day 27: Mantyke, Hippowdon, Hippopotas, Drapion , Skorupi

Apparently I was one off at one point. I think I forgot to add Lucario? I'm not sure. For some reason I got my PokeDex numbers mixed up and thought Mantyke was next. So, I went to Route 47 to grab a Wave Incense, gave it to a Mantine, and bred it with Ditto for Mantyke. That's when I realized I was supposed to get a few more Pokemon first. Like the Hippopotas line.

I went over to my Platinum game, caught a Hippowdon, and traded it over to SoulSilver. I bred it for a Hippopotas. I then went to my Diamond game to grab my trusty Drapion, and bred it for a Skorupi.

483 seen
    480/493, 13 remain

Remaining Pokémon: Croagunk, Toxicroak, Carnivine, Finneon, Lumineon, Snover, Abomasnow, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Glaceon, Porygon-Z, Probopass, Phione

recieved Dratini from dragon's den for passing the test, evolved it into Dragonair. collected all 8 johto badges, defeated kimono girls at the Ecruteak. now on my way to the tower where Ho-Oh resides.

my current team:

magmar
    quagsire
    xatu
    dragonair
    meganium
    hearcross

So I reached the Indigo Plateau and decided I would use the Elite Four to train. The first time I ended up losing to Will's Slowbro. The second time through I somehow miraculously beat everybody so now I am the Pokemon League Champion

Current team:
    Lv. 41
    Lv. 41
    Lv. 43
    Lv. 41
    Lv. 43
    Lv. 42
    Last edited by eeveefan1995; 1st July 2012 at 1:35 AM.

So today was pretty complex for my taste... I started off the day by choosing totodile as my starter. I then went off to play Platinum (which is a whole other story) and I came back and decided I did not want to have totodile. I decided I wanted a shiny starter and I was going to complete a shiny badge quest if it killed me. So I went back and restarted HG yet again. I am currently at 40 resets for my starter (which is 120 pokemon seen).

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Jasmine's battle was like this, 1 Flame wheel to Magnetmite, Fire Blast to Steelix, Fire Fang to Magnetmite.Done, thanks to Arcanine, I got my 6th badge. Went toward Mt.Mort to see Suicune and headed to Mahogany town. Into lake rage battled all the trainers, and caught the red Gyarados. After talking to Lance, I headed back and healed and saved.

July 1, 2012
    Day 28: Toxicroak, Croagunk, Lumineon, Finneon, Abomasnow, Snover, Phione

A ton of trading sums up today. I traded over my Toxicroak that I trained for fun, and bred it for a Croagunk. I then traded over a Lumineon that I got from a trade (a dude named Flip gave it to me), and bred that for a Finneon. Once again, I traded for an Abomasnow that I often used in Pokemon Battle Revolution. I bred that for a Snover egg and hatched that as well. Lastly, I traded my Abomasnow back for a lv. 50 Phione that I received from My Pokemon Ranch. I had a Manaphy though, but I didn't feel like hatching another egg today. Actually, I don't need to hatch any more eggs because the rest of the Pokemon I need are by evolution or physical captures!

Tomorrow all 493 shall be caught!

490 seen
    487/493, 6 remain

Remaining Pokémon: Carnivine, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Glaceon, Porygon-Z, Probopass

Resuming the game, I entered Team Rocket's secret base, meeting up with Lance. Decided to be a non cheapskate and trigger all security camera's battling all the grunts. Went into into it further by fighting the commander in charge getting to the energy door. And I thought hey!
    Why not capture an Electrode? Once that was taken care of I did enough grinding to get everyone to level 40. Fighting of Pryce was easy because of it. I hated how nurffed Pryce's gym puzzle got! I mean in Pokemon Silver it was actually a challenging puzzle, HeartGold, It's not a puzzle! It's simply pushing a few Ice bricks to get around, and the government wonders why American kids aren't very bright. End of rant.
    Anyways, did a few side quests involving the red scale and gambiling. And now in the Radio Tower about to kick some Team Rocket as*!

I finally reached Blue's spot at the back of the Viridian City Gym, and I challenged him to a battle. He sent out his Exeggutor first, and I used my Typhlosion against it. I defeated Blue's Exeggutor with Typhlosion's Overheat, and then I switched to Feraligatr when he sent out his Rhydon. I had Feraligatr attack with Surf, and that was strong enough to defeat Blue's Rhydon. He sent out his Gyarados after that, and I switched to my trusty Raichu since it had the type advantage. One Thunderbolt attack was enough to bring Blue's Gyarados down, but I had to switch to my Pidgeot when Blue sent out his Machamp. I attacked Machamp with Fly, but that wasn't enough to defeat it. I had to use Wing Attack to finally bring it down, and then I used my Feraligatr against his Arcanine. I defeated it with a powerful Surf attack, and then I defeated Blue's Pidgeot with my Raichu's Thunder attack.

caught Ho-Oh with a timer ball, it was hard because it took most of my team out, but Dragonair paralyzed it.

Gotta love Tentacruels.

I began training Misdreavus. I caught him at L20, and I had 8 levels to go to get Pain Split. I bought Thunder and taught it to him to make training much easier, and he also learned Psybeam at L23. With those two moves in hand, I began Surfing and slaughtering Tentacools left and right. Tons of them later, with the occasional Tentacruel and Mantine, I got Misdreavus up to L28.

After that I deposited him and Koffing in the Day Care Center, to get Koffing eggs. I hatched quite some eggs so far, but none yet with the desired nature. Also, the newly-hatched L1 Koffings come with Psybeam, Thunder and Pain Split. XD I only want to keep Pain Split but Psybeam would be a very nice help for the upcoming Chuck gym.

While there, since I would be taking steps quite a lot, I decided to bring along the L1 Togepi to raise its happiness. A few hatched eggs later, I sent him into a battle with Ditto, before allowing Ditto to transform into him and switching to Magmar. Togepi got a 4-level elevation and evolved to Togetic straightaway.

Back to hatching eggs.

A few eggs later (lost count, but surely not more than 50 I believe) a Bold Koffing came out. I started training him. Ooh yeah. Tackle, Thunder, Psybeam and Pain Split. lol.

I still have 3 eggs waiting to be hatched. Fat chance, but I'm crossing my fingers for a shiny Koffing :P

I took out the mama Koffing and released her. I decided to let Mismagius in the Day Care though. I'll come pick him up again after I've gone really long, just to see how high in level he could get.
    Last edited by arceus03; 2nd July 2012 at 6:10 PM.

Taken care of some of the Team Rocket members, involving the Executive getting the Key to the Underground Tunnel. And I wish I could have cheezed by the grunts, but no! Silver just had to get in a reveal me! In the Underground now.

July 2, 2012
    Day 29: Carnivine, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Glaceon, Porygon-Z, Probopass

I got my Carnivine from My Pokemon Ranch, and traded it over to Soulsilver. I then trained my Lickitung until it learned Rollout and evolved into Lickilicky. I traded over a Rhydon, gave it a Protector, traded it to and from to get Rhyperior. From Diamond, I already had a trained Glaceon, so that was simple. I gave my Porygon2 a Dubious Disc, and traded it back and forth to get Porygon-Z. Finally, to end this, I traded over my Nosepass to my Platinum games (which was the only one I had with a Rare Candy), and fed it a Rare Candy in Mt. Coronet to evolve it into Probopass, and traded it back to get my last Pokemon.

And... that's it for Sinnoh. 493/493. But that's only the tip of the iceberg, I've still got Unova's 156 to put into account. I'll start transferring everything to Black... tomorrow. Then the process shall repeat! I'm personally surprised I caught all that I needed in less than 30 days. I bet it'll take by when Black and White 2 come out to get the rest.

Page 306 of 376 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356 ... LastLast