Page 316 of 376 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 9399

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

BUGSY IS A ****ING HACK!

I sent Quilava out at the beginning of the battle. I use Ember but Scyther uses Focus Energy first. Ember takes about 1/3rd of its HP. Scyther uses Quick Attack, it takes about 1/3rd of Quilava's HP. Then Ember hits again, taking another 1/3rd of HP, then Scyther gets a critical hit and faints Quilava, EVERY ****ING TIME. It happened 3 times last night and once this morning.

But that's OK, I leveled up Flaffy some more, and once Quilava fainted, I just sent out Flaffy and owned that ***** along with Kakuna and Metapod.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 30th August 2012 at 2:29 PM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Just restarted my game and currently have a Quilava and Sandslash. Gonna get Bill's Eevee and evole it with a Pokathalon thunderstone

Last night I decided to play Voltorb Flip, made it to level 3, then went to battle Whitney.

That battle lasted roughly 45 minutes. My Togepi (now Togetic) and her Miltank were in a stalemate for probably 30 minutes or so.

My Flaffy used Thunder Wave and paralyzed Miltank, then Flaffy fainted shortly after, not dealing much damage. I decided to sent out the Togepi. Miltank used Attract on Togepi, that's what made the battle last a long time, also with Miltank being paralyzed, it couldn't attack every turn. I used Metronome 20 times thanks to an ether, and then ended up using Extrasensory roughly 20 times. That stupid Miltank kept using Milk Drink. Finally I won the battle. Afterwards, I went north and battled the trainers along the way to the Sudowoodo. Togepi evolved along the way, and Flaffy and Quilava leveled up a couple times as well. I'm just starting to play today at noon. Now I'm on my way back to get the Squirtbottle. I'll probably capture the Sudowoodo like I always do, and leave it in the PC for all eternity like I always have, even in G/S/C. Next I plan to get the badge from Ecruteak City, and get Surf, teach it to my HM slave, and go capture Lapras! I've actually haven't used one since 1st or 2nd gen e so it'll be interesting.

So right now:

Quilava lvl 24
    Togetic lvl 22
    Flaffly lvl 22

WOW Morty is dumb! Or just the AI in general. 3 of his Pokemon fainted because he used Curse, and I was getting my *** kicked too. But I ended up winning. 1 more attack though and my last Pokemon would've fainted.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 31st August 2012 at 8:53 PM.

Since y last post I have been busy breeding and training pokemon using Gym Leader rematches to help with getting enough experience and using swarms and catching those pokemon.

My Johto Pokedex now stands at 189 obtained
    My National Pokedex now stands at 260 obtained

Offtopic what pokemon would be a good 'Thief-er'
    Pokemon X: Friend Safari: Dragon: Noibat; Druddigon; Gabite: 4914-4884-2329

Well I got the 8th badge last night and now I'm training my underleveled team for the Elite Four.

I only have 4 team members and I'm currently planning who my other 2 will be. I don't see myself challenging the E4 for another couple of days. I still haven't even left for Victory Road yet.

Right now:

Typhlosion lvl 40
    Togekiss lvl 40
    Lapras lvl 39
    Ampharos lvl 38
    Heracross or Machamp
    Umbreon (maybe)

I may just beat the E4 with just 5 Pokemon so I'll have room for a National Dex Pokemon on the team when I arrive at Kanto.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 2nd September 2012 at 3:47 PM.

I evolved Puff during the defeat of Ho Oh. Caught my 6th member- Entei. Trained my team to level 38 (bar Entei and Palovolt and Julia) and then took on the E4.

Will:
    Big Z beat Xatu with Ice Shard+AncientPower, Julia beat Jynx with Strength, Palovolt beat the 2nd Xatu and Slowbro with Discharge and Entei beat Exeggutor with Flamethrower. Will done.

Koga:
    Entei beat Ariados, Forretress and Venomoth with Flamethrower, then Roared Muk when it Toxic+Minimised Big Z to death. Palovolt beat Crobat with Discharge, and Muk was eventually beaten with Puffs Extremespeed.

Bruno:
    Entei beat Hitmontop with 3 Flamethrowers, Mylo beat Machamp with 2 Close Combats, Puff and Big Z beat Hitmonlee with their moves, Onix was downed with Puffs Surf attack and hitmonchan was downed by Palovolts Discharge.

Karen:
    Mylo beat Umbreon with 2 Close Combats, Entei beat Vileplume with Flamethrower, Julia beat Houndoom with Dig, Gengar and Palovolt drew thanks to Destiny Bond. And Murkrow was also beaten by Big Z and its Ice Shard+AncientPower combo.

Lance:
    Palovolt took down Gyarados with Discharge, and Big Z+Julia beat Level 50 Dragonite with their moves. Palovolt ended up sweeping the rest of Lances team with a Choice Specs boosted Discharge.

THERE! That part is done!

EDIT: My team levels! I forgot to post them! Big Z is level 38, Puff and Mylo are level 39/40, Julia is level 44, and Palovolt is level 45. I don't know if I'll continue with this run-through. I might leave it at that and play my other games.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 3rd September 2012 at 1:54 PM.

Bruno was the third opponent. I knew his Hitmontop would try to Counter my Kenya's attack so I went with Fly and hoped it would knock it out completely. It survived with only a sliver of a health and retaliated with Counter which took Kenya out. I swapped to Pwny and used Surf until it fainted. He used Onix next (???) which fell to a Surf. Raikou took out both Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan with Spark attack and then Genus teamed with Kepi to knock out Machamp with Spore and Waterfall.

I was nervous about Karen. Kepi beat her Umbreon with two Waterfall's so she switched to Vileplume. I was prepared with Kenya though and won with Aerial Ace. StunksALot beat her Gengar with a Night Slash attack and Raikou beat Murkrow with Spark. Kepi returned to the battle and OHKO'd her Houndoom with Waterfall. My worrying ended up being for nothing.

I entered the golden room of Champion's and found Lance standing there waiting for me. We wasted no time in beginning our battle. He started with a Gyarados so I began with Raikou and knocked it out with 2 Sparks. He used his most powerful Dragonite next which caused me to swap out to Pwny. Pwny attacked first with Ice Beam and brought Dragonite to the red before being knocked out by Outrage. Kepi came out and used Rock Tomb to slow it down and sacrificed itself so Pwny could be revive and knock it out with Ice Beam. Genus was sent out against the second Dragonite and used Spore so I could take time to heal Pwny and Kepi. For some reason this Dragonite was faster than his highest leveled one and beat Pwny with Dragon Rush. Kepi was used again and spammed Rock Tomb until that Dragonite fainted. I used the same strategy on his third Dragonite and then just used Waterfall until his Charizard and Aerodactyl were defeated. I was entered into the Hall of Fame after the victory! Team finished Lv46-48.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Alright now I'm on the rooftop of the Bell Tower, about to capture Ho-Oh. Fun.

Been playing Battle Frontier lately. About to find Entei and catch it >
    You! And me! Let's make some sparks fly!
    -Volkner

Currently Playing: SoulSilver
    FC: 4984 9454 6886
    CHALLENGE ME!

Started over on heart gold. Chose a Cydniquil and nicknamed her fire boss. Ready to start my adventure.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Bullkid View Post
    But they aren't as awesome as Staraptor.
    You better shut your potty mouth boy.

---

Team:
    Hiko Lv.56
    Owl Lv.57
    Pingu Lv.57
    Ninja Lv.56
    Bubba Lv.56
    Suicune Lv.56

So after delivering the machine part to the power plant I was walking back through Vermillion City with my brand new radio card. It was so cool; I could jam to Mary and Oak all day every day and have cool pumping parties. However, I turned on the Pokegear to hear the obnoxious beat of Pound the Alarm playing (in retrospect I should have taken it to the Fuschia Gym because it would have shattered the invisible walls and made my life easier). Immediately I ran to the Snorlax hoping that it would eat and destroy my pokegear beyond repair, but upon drawing close to the thing it must have heard the Nicki Minaj playing and ferociously attacked me. It was okay, though, because I caught its fat *** in a Heavy Ball, allowing me to venture through Diglett Cave.

I realised, however, that I needed the Gym Badge from Cerulean City first. After scaring away Misty's date with my Nicki Minaj music (this thing really came in handy. I could use it as a permanent Max Repel -- just a shame that the side effects are that it makes my ears bleed to high heaven) she battled me in which I beat her with my Owl and Hiko.

After this I returned to the cape hoping to find some hot chick and flaunt my badge at her but I only found Eusine. He wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but I resolved that a quick trip to the Celadon Gym could change my tune temporarily. Before I could get my fix though he reeled me in and made me fight Suicune. It was really sinister. I explicitly said that I was fine acknowledging it's presence and leaving but, man, he was irate. He wanted me to attack it. I was just glad that I didn't go to the Celadon Gym - he would have made me his *****.

I guessed that Eusine was as much a sadomasochist as he was a pokephile, so I battled Suicune making sure that at all times Eusine's hands were safely by his side. I caught Suicune and quickly left. I soon found out that the Suicune I had caught nearly had as good Special Attack as my Lv.54 one, so before I went to Pewter City I bought a crate load of Calcium and force fed them to my Suicune. He's now started to become limp and weezy, so every now and again I keep him alive and raring by playing my Pokegear.

I also used my metal keg to evolve Ninja. We went to the Battle Frontier where it completely swept Dahlia's team and defeated Argenta, too. Oh yeah
    Running for the thrill of it

Well, I made it to the E4 but I'm nowhere close to beating them. My whole team got OHKO'd by Koga's Venemoth except Ampharos, who only won because of a critical hit. Then I moved on to Bruno and didn't stand a chance. I'm gonna go train my team a few more levels.

Lvl 40 Typhlosion
    LVl 41 Togekss
    Lvl 40 Lapras
    Lvl 41 Ampharos
    Lvl 37 Umbreon (finally evolved at level 36)

I'm gonna capture a Rhyhorn and make Rhydon my final team member. I'll evolve it by trading a Protector to HeartGold from Platinum since you need Rock Climb to get the Protector. Then I'll train most of my team to at least level 45, and may train my starter to level 50.

Ok training was becoming tedious so I said screw that and challenged the E4 anyway. Now I'm about to battle Lance.

Ampharos should take care of Gyrados and hopefully Lapras can take care of the rest.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 3rd September 2012 at 10:07 PM.

SoulSilver. Playing my PPLyra one.

I hatched 5 Meowth eggs, no shinies yet :c So I decided to beat the 3 trainers for 1bp on Viridian and earned 3bps.

Then went back to Goldenrod and won a Exp. Share from the Lotto and hatched 5 more Meowth eggs, nothing :c

That's all, nya~

Wooow, a lot has happened since I last posted. I'm right now at Mahogany town and will be challenging Pryce. Anyways, my Cyndaquil is already a Typhlosion and the other members on my team are a Gyarados and Espeon.

I managed to beat Lance with another hilariously underleveled team last night.

I did the usual stuff on the SS Aqua, arrived in Vermillion, went straight to the gym, and struggled vs. the trainers there. Then it was time for Lt. Surge. Yeeeeeaaaaahhh I'm gonna have to train some more. It took all 5 of my Pokemon to take out 1 of his Electrodes. I even had ground moves. The rematch will be later.

Last time I played, I defeated Blaine of the Cinnebar Gym.. Man, what a weird place. Had to get through that labyrinth of a Seafoam Island to get there though... Why did I not fly to Pallet Town?... I don't know.
    Anyways, I did get there, and took on all the trainers with my Kingdra, leveling him up to 67, so that he is at the same level at the rest of my team... kinda.

Managed to get my team up to level 70. Now I'm going to keep rebattling the E4 and gym leaders to gain money and exp, get my team to level 80, and attempt to defeat Red

Youtube| FS: Phanpy, Marowak + Diggersby 3DS Friend Code: 3540-0200-8196|Tumblr
    Soul Silver Badge Quest

I left the Fuchsia City Gym after I defeated Janine and won the Soul Badge. I healed my Pokemon at the Fuchsia City Pokemon Center after that, and then I headed out. I shopped for Ultra Balls at the local Poke Mart, and I transferred some Pokemon over from Emerald version using the Pal Park. I headed east toward Route 15 after that, and I began to battle against some of the trainers in the area. I managed to defeat them while leveling up my own Pokemon, and then I arrived on Route 14. I went north after I battled some more trainers in the area, and then I saw the wild Suicune again. Eusine showed up after Suicune fled the scene, and then he went chasing after it again. I battled some more trainers and wild Pokemon in the tall grass as I headed toward Route 13, and then I ran along the bridge area there. I arrived in Lavender Town after a while and saved.

Okay, so, since my last update, I have made it to Azalea town. Along the way TweedleDum, my Kakuna, evolved into a Beedrill, and after that I placed him back in the PC, no longer needed. I caught an Ekans as well, but after leveling it up a bit I noticed it wouldn't be part of my team, and so it too went into the PC. In other news, I took out Slowpoke well AND Nimbus evolved into a Flaafy. Now I will take on Bugsy at the Gym, but I fear my level 14 Puck just isn't strong enough to take on Scyther by himself. Oh well, we will see.

I just beat red with a lvl 65-70 team ..
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

After catching Hoothoot, my team and I went looking for a Mareep to battle Falkner with. It took a good bit of searching, but we finally encountered and captured a new friend and teammate. With a Mareep on the team, we decided we should get a Pidgey to aid Hoothoot in challenging the Sprout tower. It wasn't long before we captured one, but he was weak and needed some training before he could do anything. Once Pidgey was ready, we headed off for the Sprout tower where we battled several sages who were testing our bond as pokemon and trainer. We eventually reached the top where we had a couple more battles, before running into the poke-thief, Silver. He tried to act tough by saying how he easily defeated the final sage, then left using an escape rope. When he was gone, we battled the sage and defeated him thus receiving TM70 Flash. With that we left to heal at the pokemon center before battling the GYM. Skip forward about a half-hour, two GYM trainers defeated and facing the leader. Mareep simply used Thundershock a few times, and defeated Falkner with no trouble at all. We received a call from Prof.Elm as we left the GYM, telling us to talk to his aid in the pokemart. His aid informed us the Prof. wanted us to take the pokemon egg on our travels. Before continuing our adventure, we traveled back to New Bark town and ran around to hatch the egg. Once it hatched, we showed the baby Togepi to the Prof. and continued our journey. After making way through Union cave, we saw a Team Rocket member arguing with an old man. We followed the old man to his home, and after a very short talk he returned to Slowpoke well. We followed him to the well, and since he fell in it and hurt his back, we chased after Team Rocket in his place. Once inside we faced each Team Rocket member and battled them, making them leave Slowpoke alone. Once team Rocket left the town, we faced the Leader. Pidgeotto and Hoothoot made short work of the GYM, and we left with our second badge. Before we could enter the Ilex forest, Silver challenged us to a quick battle. Once he was defeated we entered the forest and helped the man find the Farfetch'd he'd lost. His boss was so grateful he gave us HM1 Cut. On our way out of the forest, we found a lost Kimono girl and Croconaw helped her out. Once we got out as well, we went to the radio tower and got our radio card. With the new pokegear addition, we went to face the third GYM leader. Machop who is no longer on our team, made easy work of Whitney and her GYM trainers. With yet another badge in hand, we headed for Ecruteak city, where we caught and started training a meowth. Currently, Meowth, Heracross and Croconaw are in training for the upcoming GYM battle.
    Black 2 (Badge quest): Flare Lv.16, Aerial Lv.18, Lava Lv.10, Aura Lv.14, Beacon Lv.15, MEOWTH Lv.100 (I know I suck at nicknaming. That's why I never nickname anybody, but for this I will be with the exception of shinies. Also, MEOWTH is only for making money with Pickup.)

Badge count: 1
    Shiny count: 1

Current shiny hunt:0/641
    Shinies:X2 (M/F),,(F)

I just realized the E4 doesn't level up until you get all 8 Kanto badges :|

It would've made my training a lot easier if I had known that beforehand...

Well I guess I'll rematch the E4 so I can beat Sabrina.

Oh, I also managed to Thief a Lucky Egg from a Chansey swarm I'm getting roughly 2k-3k Exp. for each Pokemon I take out.

LOL OOPS, forgot to bring healing items *facepalm*
    Last edited by ebevan91; 5th September 2012 at 11:17 PM.

Beat the Pokemon League earlier, for the second time. Lance took me 2 tries; I did well until his Altaria, because I decided to send out my Pidgeot as fodder while I healed some of my others, not realising Altaria had Double Team ._. So it spammed that and took out my team (and cheeky Lance switching it out before the last turn after Perish Song).

And I've found the best back-up plan; when in doubt, spam Psychic Worked well on his Gyrados, Charizard and Altaria the second time round.

And I've reached 100 hours on my Heart Gold.

Soul Silver Badge Quest

Just defeated Pryce, the Mahogany gym leader with Gyarados and Typhlosion and got the badge from a rather easy win. I also leveled up Espeon so I can finally use him more in battle. Right now, just wandering throughout Jotho and will head to Goldenrod soon to put an end to Team Rocket. Wow, I gotta update my team now.

on a side note: 600th post!

Gave up SRing Entei/Raikou on SS and decided to carry on. Currently in Ecruteak, training my team. Ditched Flaaffy for Eevee, who will become a Jolteon after I defeat Morty. Train him to lvl 29 so he could learn Bite. Now training the rest of my team to the same lvl. My team is as follows:

Flurry, lvl 23 | Violet, lvl 20 | Sparky, lvl 29 | Bubbles, 21 | Mew, lvl 22 | Gus, lvl 20
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xKatie0391; 8th September 2012 at 4:13 PM.

Soul Silver Badge Quest

Page 316 of 376 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366 ... LastLast