Page 325 of 376 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,125 of 9384

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

Just recently started a new playthrough. Started with Cyndaquil who is male. Defeated Rival Silver, got my pokedex, caught a few pokes and traded over a Heracross and Swinub from my Platinum. Went to the Dark Cave and caught a Zubat for the team. Also decided to include a Sentret on the team for the time being just for an HM slave. Got to Violet City, climbed the Sprout Tower, went to the Gym and defeated Falkner with Swinub, Zubat and Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava right after that and I got the Egg from Elm's assistant. Went the the Alph Ruins and solved the puzzle so I could catch some Unowns. Currently there messing around.

Team:

I beat all of the trainers on the next route, also caught my pokemon for that route, a female nidoran I named Struedel, beat all the trainers in the park, got the quick claw, and beat the trainers on the route after that.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

After wandering around Celadon City and talking to all the characters there, I headed over to the Celadon City Gym in order to challenge Erika for the Rainbow Badge. I thought the challenge itself was gonna be easy, but her Gym trainers were pretty tough. I moved around the Gym, which resembled a garden, and I battled as many of the Gym trainers as I could in order to level up my team a bit. I headed over to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon before going back to challenge Erika. I sent out my Fearow against her Jumpluff and Victreebel and I defeated them both with Aerial Ace. I then used Feraligatr's Blizzard attack against her Bellossom, and finally my Raichu's Signal Beam against her Tangela. I obtained the Rainbow Badge and her Gym's TM before exiting the Gym. I swapped Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center and then I headed back to Saffron City. I saved there.

Finally got Blue's number and called him over. I'd finally assembled all 16 gym leaders into the Saffron City fighting dojo for rematches. I grinded my pokemon to lvl 57 before heading in.
    The first 15 battles were much more uncomfortable than I thought they would be. Normally for big battles I look up the gym leaders roster briefly and for really tough opponents like Lance I plan who will defeat each pokemon. Here everything was completely unexpected so I was caught off guard despite me being at a much higher level than them. The hardest was Clair. I have no 100% counter against Gyarados as most team members are unsuitable to take him on, and most of her team is only properly handled by 2 team members: Golem and Hertz the Feraligatr.
    Blue, though about 10 levels higher than others was the easiest. Only one team member died, Togekiss fell to a crit Return from Pidgeot and Sandstorm damage which is just bad luck. It was easy because everything was planned beforehand and every team member was involved. In fact, varied teams like this are actually much easier to prepare for because, if you don't have an adequate counter to a type(in my case, Dragon types) then you're thoroughly screwed. Mixed teams don't have this problem because they'll only have one Dragon type, who's easy enough to handle.

Anyway, I urge anyone and everyone, when they get to lvl 56-60, to gather all gym leaders in the Fighting Dojo and fight them gauntlet-style with no breaks to buy more healing items or head to the pokecentre. It's truly a lot of fun to do so. Just make sure you've got a decent stash of ethers/elixirs and/or Leppa Berries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

In the past few days,I have had many rematches with the gym leaders.Today I managed to beat Blue which means I've defeated all the Gym Leader's Rematch team at least once.

Vs Blue
    -He started with Exeggutor and I sent out Fearow.
    -Fearow's U-Turn did massive damage and switched to Heracross while Exeggutor used Trick Room to twist the dimensions.
    -Blue used Full Restore to heal Exeggutor but it was defeated by Heracross's Megahorn.Blue sent out Pidgeot and I switched to Fearow.
    -Pidgeot used Double Team to raise its Evasiveness while Fearow's Return did some damage.
    -Pidgeot's Return did high damage while Fearow's Return did some damage.Pidgeot's Sitrus Berry restored some of its HP.
    -Blue switched to Tyranitar whose Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm while Fearow's Return did little damage.Fearow was buffeted by sandstorm.The twisted dimensions returned to normal.
    -Fearow's Steel Wing did some damage but it was defeated by Tyranitar's Low Kick.I sent out Heracross.
    -Heracross defeated Tyranitar with Close Combat but Heracross's Defense and Sp.Defense fell.Heracross was buffeted by sandstorm.Blue sent out Pidgeot again.
    -Pidgeot defeated Heracross with Air Slash.Pidgeot was buffeted by sandstorm.I sent out Feraligatr.
    -Pidgeot's Return did some damage but it was knocked out by Feraligatr's Ice Punch.Feraligatr was buffeted by sandstorm.Blue sent out Rhyperior.
    -Feraligatr's Aqua Tail did heavy damage while Rhyperior's Earthquake did some damage.Feraligatr was buffeted by sandstorm and fainted.I sent out Ampharos.
    -Blue used Full Restore to heal Rhyperior while Ampharos's Focus Blast did some damage.Ampharos was buffeted by sandstorm.
    -Ampharos's Focus Blast did some damage while Rhyperior's Stone Edge did heavy damage.Ampharos was buffeted by sandstorm and fainted.I sent out Nidoking.
    -Nidoking knocked out Rhyperior with Earthquake.Blue sent out his Arcanine.
    -Arcanine's Flare Blitz did heavy damage but it took some recoil and was defeated by Nidoking's Earthquake.Blue sent out Machamp.
    -Nidoking's Poison Jab did some damage but it was knocked out by Machamp's Stone Edge.Machamp was buffeted by sandstorm.I sent out my Arcanine.
    -Arcanine's Flare Blitz did high damage and burned Machamp but Arcanine took some recoil while Machamp's Fling did high damage.Arcanine and Machamp were buffeted by sandstorm.Arcanine's Leftovers healed it a little.Machamp was hurt by its burn and fainted.

I decided to explore Mt.Silver.I got all the items there and also caught Moltres.It has Hardy nature.But I didn't fight Red because his team was highly overlevelled compared to mine.I exited and saved in the Pokemon Centre.

Team:

Lv.66 Male Timid (Aqua Tail/Ice Punch/Crunch/Earthquake) Ability:Torrent Held Item:Expert Belt

Lv.65 Male Lonely (Return/Fly/Steel Wing/U-Turn) Ability:Keen Eye Held Item:Sharp Beak

Lv.65 Female Mild (Discharge/Signal Beam/Focus Blast/Power Gem) Ability:Static Held Item:Wise Glasses

Lv.65 Female Impish (Megahorn/Close Combat/Stone Edge/Earthquake) Ability:Swarm Held Item:Expert Belt

Lv.65 Male Hardy (Poison Jab/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Megahorn) Ability:Poison Point Held Item:Soft Sand

Lv.65 Male Adamant (Flare Blitz/Thunder Fang/Crunch/ExtremeSpeed) Ability:Intimidate Held Item:Leftovers
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

I got everyone to lv 22 and beat Whitney. She was pretty easy except for her using milk drink a lot. The important thing is that I had no deaths again ^^ It seems like I have more with regular trainers XP

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I visited Lavender Town after visiting Celadon City just to look around and battle some of the trainers on the routes near it. I battled my way through Route 8 and then I visited the radio station when I arrived in Lavender Town, but I couldn't receive the Pokegear radio upgrade until I solved the crisis at the Power Plant. I headed back to Celadon City after talking to all the characters in Lavender Town and stocking up on items, and I passed through Saffron City again. Once in Celadon City I headed west to the Cycling Road area and I went downhill while battling some of the Bikers around there. I captured a wild Slugma in the tall grass by the side of the road, and I headed south again to battle the rest of the Bikers. I arrived at Route 18 and I battled some Bird Keepers in that area. I finally arrived at my destination: Fuchsia City. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center before saving.

I got my team to lv 25 and evolved Manicotti, my haunter to gengar. I am now ready to battle Morty, or at least I hope I am XD Current team:

Milk Shake the croconaw lv 25
    Struedel the nidorina lv 25
    Manicotti the gengar lv 25
    Pop Tarts the fearow
    Lollipop the raticate lv 25
    Truffles the stantler lv 25
    RIP:
    Cinnamon the geodude lv 8
    Eclair the beedrill lv 13

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I wandered around town and I visited the Pal Park after shopping for items at the local Poke Mart. I didn't transfer any Pokemon over from the other games, so I just went to the Gym to challenge Janine for the Soul Badge. I battled the Gym trainers as I walked around the room with the invisible walls, and then I spotted her at the center of the Gym. I challenged her and I beat her first Ariados with my Golem's Rock Slide attack. I switched to my Feraligatr after that and it defeated her Weezing with Surf. I used Golem against her Venomoth and I defeated it with Rock Slide. I changed things up a bit and used Raichu against her Crobat and then my Ninetales against her last Ariados. Once that match was done and obtained the Soul Badge and the Poison Jab TM from her. I headed out to the Fuchsia City Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there before heading out to the next city in Kanto.

I grinded from lvl 57 to lvl 62 to take on the E4 for the second time. The E4 for some reason has a massive level gap between them and Lance, so they were fairly easy. Lance was much harder because only Golem and Hertz the Feraligatr can confidently take on Dragon types. Magmortar and Heracross can't really take on any of Lance's pokemon and Exeggutor is only really useful for Gyarados. Lestrade is an alright matchup with high defences but without any supereffectives it's far too easy for it to be outpowered meaning it has to somehow survive two-turns so Yawn can take effect. That means the remaining 5 pokemon can only be taken out by Feraligatr and Golem. Lestrade ended up being a big help with subduing Garchomp. It had already used Swords Dance and ready to sweep with Outrage until Sleep took effect. Otherwise, it was all up to those 2. Major kudos to Hertz the Feraligatr for surviving a lvl 75 Dragonite's Draco Meteor and getting a ton of critical hits with Ice Fang.

Right now I'm powerlevelling against gym leaders in the Fighting Dojo preparing for Red. I'm going to grind to 74, 10 levels behind his 3 starter pokemon before climbing Mt. Silver to take him on. After that I'll collect the starters and lay the game to rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I beat Morty really easily with no deaths again ^^ Lollipop, my raticate beat his whole team. Next I got to Olivine, got the good rod, caught a krabby in Olivine, caught corsola on the next route over, both of which I'm not using, beat all the trainers in the light house, caught a tentacool which I named Popcorn and am using instead of Lollipop, got to Cianwood city without dying from those 2 gyarados that that swimmer had, and beat all the trainers in the gym plus Eusine. I didn't loose to Eusine but I did loose Milk Shake, my croconaw to that hitmonchan D= because of thunderpunch. RIP Milk Shake.
    Current team:
    Truffles the stantler lv 25
    Struedel the nidorina lv 25
    Manicotti the gengar lv 26
    Pop Tarts the fearow lv 30
    Pop Corn the tentacool lv 23
    RIP:
    Cinnamon the geodude lv 8
    Eclair the beedrill lv 13
    Milk Shake the croconaw lv 25

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

In the past few days,I have had rematches with Gym Leaders,Rival and other Pokegear Battles.I also went to Cerulean Cave and got every item there including TM Thunderbolt which I taught to Ampharos.I encountered Mewtwo and caught it in an Ultra Ball.It has Lonely nature.I then went to Whirl Islands and got everything there as well.I encountered Lugia and caught it in an Ultra Ball as well.It has Adamant Nature.I saved the game.

Team:

Lv.67 Male Timid (Aqua Tail/Ice Punch/Crunch/Earthquake) Ability:Torrent Held Item:Expert Belt

Lv.67 Male Lonely (Return/Fly/Steel Wing/U-Turn) Ability:Keen Eye Held Item:Sharp Beak

Lv.67 Female Mild (Thunderbolt/Signal Beam/Focus Blast/Power Gem) Ability:Static Held Item:Wise Glasses

Lv.67 Female Impish (Megahorn/Close Combat/Stone Edge/Earthquake) Ability:Swarm Held Item:Expert Belt

Lv.67 Male Hardy (Poison Jab/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Megahorn) Ability:Poison Point Held Item:Soft Sand

Lv.66 Male Adamant (Flare Blitz/Thunder Fang/Crunch/ExtremeSpeed) Ability:Intimidate Held Item:Leftovers
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

I beat the rockets at the radio tower, caught a tangela on the route next to Mahagony town which I named Noodles, caught a swinub in the Icy cave which I named Bacon, got through Icy Cave, caught a skarmary on the route south of Blackthorn city, and caught a teddiursa for my white 2 version.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I headed north after I defeated Janine since I needed to visit Cerulean City to battle against Misty for the Cascade Badge next. I spotted Suicune on the way, and I talked to Eusine before continuing my journey. I went all the way north from the bridge area of Kanto until I arrived at Lavender Town after battling against some of the Fishermen along the route. I healed my Pokemon there and then I went west to Saffron City. Once there I continued north until I arrived at Route 5 and I soon arrived in Cerulean City. I decided to visit Nugget Bridge on Route 24 before challenging the Gym and I battled some more trainers along the way. I eventually arrived at the Cerulean Cape area and I found the Suicune resting there. I walked toward it and I challenged it. I managed to weaken it and then Paralyze it with Thunder Wave, and I captured it inside a Ultra Ball. I then saved the game.

Last time we beat Pryce. After I left the gym, I headded to Goldenrod City because Prof. Elm called ud saying there were problems with the Broadcasts. I dressed up as a TR grunt so they wouldn't notice I'm the cool guy that's defeated them all the time, but my stupid rival came and ruined everything. Damn you Drummer. I had Quilava up front since he didn't get any action against Pryce. Eventually, Quilava evolved into Typlosion, so that's awesome! After beating Petrel, we went to the underground and met a Kimono Girl. We then battled and beat our rival. Stopped and saved

Team:

Heart Gold Team

I found the Team Rocket grunt at the Cerulean City Gym and I met Misty at Cerulean Cape after I defeated him. With her back at the Gym, I headed back to the city and I swapped Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center in preparation for the upcoming Gym battle against her. I went to the Cerulean City Gym one more time and I battled against the trainers inside. I was able to defeat them easily and I even found the missing Machine Part that had been stolen from the Power Plant. I finally challenged Misty after that and I used my Raichu against her Lapras and Golduck. I defeated them with Thunderbolt and I used my Vileplume against her Quagsire. I used Giga Drain to defeat it and then I used my Gengar's Shadow Ball attack against Misty's Starmie. I won the Cascade Badge from Misty and her Gym's TM as well, then I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center once more.

I headed to Professor Elm's lab and received the Master Ball before being told about the Kimono Girls. I went there and had to defeat all 5 but they were surprisingly easy. I then had to climb to the top of the Bell Tower and then I battled Ho-oh. I knocked Ho-oh out for the little bit of experience and then returned to New Bark Town. I surfed east and found myself in Kanto! I went through the Tohjo falls and then through Routes 26 and 27. After battling the very last trainer prior to Victory Road Dratini evolved into Dragonair! I saved before entering the cave.

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

After beating my rival, I got the card Key from the director and went back to the Radio Station. We fist beat Proton, then Ariana. We went up to the Observation Deck, put Politoed up front and challenged Archer. Politoed beat Houndoor easily, and then Houndoom too. Then Politoed ended up getting his third OHKo against Koffing. The director gave us a Rainbow Wing as a prize. I then flew to Mahogany Town, to continue my trip for the 8th badge. I avoided the trainers on the route after, and went looking for my last team member. After a while, I found it. My last team member: Spaghetti, the Tangela. I put the exp. share on her and am currently training her.

Team:

Heart Gold Team

I healed my Pokemon at the Cerulean City Pokemon Center after I beat Misty and won the Cascade Badge (my fifth Kanto badge overall), and I also swapped Pokemon on the PC before setting out. I headed over to Route 9 which was located east of Cerulean City since I had to visit the Power Plant to return the missing Machine Part item that I found at Misty's Gym. I battled some trainers as I moved through the mountains on the route and I eventually arrived at the river. I Surfed all the way south and I arrived at the Kanto Power Plant. I spoke to some people inside and then I found the manager of the place. I gave him the missing part and the generators started working again. I received the Charge Beam TM from the manager after that, and I headed out to Lavender Town when that was finished. I visited the radio station and I finally got my Pokegear's radio upgraded. I then saved.

I started a wedlocke challenge on heartgold. It's a different kind of challenge.I started with cyndaquil and named him Artichoke, got the pokedex, got the pokeballs, caught a female hoothoot which I named Papaya, caught a geodude which I named Radish, a spinarak which I named Coconut and a rattata. I'm at Violet city right now.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

With my Pokegear's radio now able to play the PokeFlute music, I headed south to the bridge area of Kanto and I headed west toward Route 11. I battled a couple of trainers in the area that I had skipped over before and I picked a Green Apricorn, then I arrived outside of Diglett's Cave where the sleeping Snorlax was blocking the entrance. I used the Pokegear's radio to awake the sleeping Snorlax and I battled it. I was lucky enough to capture it in the first Ultra Ball that I used, then I proceeded into the cave. I battled some wild Diglett as I moved around and I was able to find the exit quite easily. Once I was on Route 2, I headed north after cutting down a tree and I arrived in Pewter City. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center and accessed the PC to move some Pokemon around. I walked around Pewter City afterward and picked up Apricorns before visiting the Gym.

I got my team to lv 10 except Artichoke and Papaya who got to lv 12, beat the first gym without any deaths, beat the trainers on the next route, got through the Union cave and caught my next pokemon, a zubat named Egg Plant, caught a hoppip, got to Azalea town, beat the rockets, and beat the trainers in the gym. Now I'm getting everyone to lv 15. Current pairs:

Artichoke the quilava and Papaya the hoothoot lv 15 each
    Kiwi the spinarak and Radish the geodude lv 13
    Coconut the rattata and Yams the mareep lv 12 and 13

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I visited the Pewter Museum of Science while I was in town, then I wandered over to the Pewter City Gym to check it out. I battled two Gym trainers inside and I won those battles easily. I then returned to the Pokemon Center to withdraw my Vileplume and I healed my other Pokemon while I was there. I went back to the Pewter City Gym after that and I finally challenged Brock to a battle. I sent out my Vileplume against his Graveler and I won that battle with Giga Drain. I used my Raichu's Thunderbolt against Brock's Kabutops after that, and then I switched back to Vileplume to battle against his Onix. I defeated it with Giga Drain also, and I used Feraligatr and Raichu against Brock's Rhyhorn and Omastar, respectively. I won the Boulder Badge and a TM from Brock when I defeated him, and I shopped for items at the Poke Mart before leaving town. I saved the game on Route 3.

I beat Bugsy, again with no deaths. Radish beat his scyther and Kiwi beat his metapod and kakuna with night shade, next I beat Jack, yet again with no deaths, Coconut and Yams took care of his pokemon easily, got through the Ilex forest but not before coming back to Azalea to catch a aipom from a tree, got out of the Ilex forest and had my first death D; A stupid pinecho used self destruct and killed papaya, Artichoke is heart broken and I replaced her with Pomelo the caterpie, which is now evolved. RIP Papaya D= Now in Golden Rod.
    Current team:
    Artichoke the quilava and Pomelo the butterfree lv 18 and lv 10
    Radish the geodude and Kiwi the spinarak lv 16 and lv 15
    Coconut the rattata and Yams the flaffy lv 15 each
    RIP:
    Papaya the hoothoot lv 15

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Having been victorious in my Ruby Nuzlocke, I decided to do a HeartGold Nuzlocke. But, with a twist!

I call it a 'Revlocke', meaning 'Restricted Evolution Nuzlocke'. It is largely the same as a regular Nuzlocke with one major rule:

- Pokemon cannot evolve unless they reach double their usual evolution level, or if they deliver the knockout blow to a gym leader's final Pokemon.

So for example, Pidgey would not evolve until level 36 instead of 18, and Rattata 40 instead of 20. However, if it delivers the knockout blow to the last Pokemon of a gym leader, it has a 'free pass' to evolution so to speak, so if a Chikorita at level 20 defeats Whitney's Miltank, it is free to become a Bayleef.

The challenge started very hit and miss. My trainer ID ends in 2, so my starter was Chikorita, not too useful throughout the game. I decided to nickname my Pokemon after foodstuffs (not too original but whatever), so I named Chikorita Cabbage. My Route 29 encounter was a Pidgey, which Cabbage crit'd, whoops. Route 42 provided Pheasant the Spearow, Route 30 Spaghetti the Caterpie, and Route 31 Turkey the Pidgey. Dark Cave produced a Zubat which Cabbage also crit'd, an annoying trend that I hope not to continue! Route 32 produced Cress the Bellsprout, and Sprout Tower ironically not a Bellsprout, but Orange the Rattata. So of eight potential Pokemon I only got six, two of which were Grass and one which was Bug (and also a Caterpie). Falkner was going to be a rough ride.

I mostly trained Pheasant, Turkey and Orange, each up to level 12. Turkey took down Falkner's Pidgey, and Orange was whittling down Pidgeotto effectively until BAM! Pidgeotto's critical hit Tackle took it out, and I have my first casualty of my Revlocke. RIP Orange...

Thankfully Pheasant came in and, through luck and determination finally broke down Pidgeotto. So one badge, but also one loss already, and in this game having the Pokemon out behind you makes releasing it all the more personal. Orange would have made for a great asset through the game, and helped take down Pidgeotto, but it was not to be. As a replacement, I received the Togepi egg and hatched it in Violet City, naming it Quiche.

Rough start, but I'm optimistic for the challenges ahead!

Page 325 of 376 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375 ... LastLast