Page 342 of 376 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 9396

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

Reyes' Journey, Part 63

Reyes made his way to the National Park, where the First Qualifying Rounds went underway for the Pokeathlon series! If Reyes wins in his heat for the competitions, then he would move on to the Second Qualifying Round, then the Semi-Finals, and hopefully the Finals. Reyes lost the Skill competition in the Preliminary, so Reyes had to compete in the Speed, Stamina, Jump, and Power courses. Lyra was also there competing with her Azumarill, Stantler, and Sunflora too!

Round 2, Course 1: Speed
    Since Bagon evolved into Shelgon, his speed went down the drain, so a new team member needed to be replaced. Thankfully, Koffing was fast enough, and the team managed to win, moving on to the Second Qualifying Round!

Round 2, Course 2: Stamina
    Reyes wanted to mix up his team so his other Pokemon can get a chance to compete. Thanks to Castform's speed in the relay race, and Exeggcutor in the ring push, Reyes qualified in this course as well!

Round 2, Course 3: Power
    Seeing that Primeape wanted to compete, Reyes decided to use her in the Power Course, and she proved worthy. Reyes also won, moving on in the Power course!

Round 2, Course 4: Jump
    Wailord was upset that he wasn't in the Stamina course, but Reyes gave him Aprijuice and let him compete in the Jump Course. The other competitors gave Reyes strange looks, but Wailord pulled his weight throughout the course, and Reyes was eligible to move on to the Second Qualifying Round!

As Reyes was leaving, preparing for a long training regimen, Cameron the Photographer wanted to take a picture of the Pokemon that made it to the Second Qualifying Round. Reyes agreed, but he said he needed to train some more, as he lost his first Gym Battle recently. That's when Cameron offered Reyes a chance to train to his heart's content. Cameron was called to Solaceon Town in Sinnoh to photograph the Ruins for a big headlining story, and Cameron offered Reyes to go with him. Reyes thought about it, and he decided- he'll put his Johto League Challenge on pause and go with Cameron to Sinnoh to train for the next Johto Gyms, and the Johto League!

Team

Lv. 24 Lv. 26

Lv. 27 Lv. 28

Lv. 27 Lv. 30

Lv. 31 Lv. 27
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

After unlocking some of the doors at the basement of the Goldenrod Tunnel, I headed to where the director was taken and I spoke to him there. I obtained the Card Key from him that would unlock the doors at the Goldenrod City Radio Tower and then I climbed back up to the surface. I headed to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon, then I wandered back into the Radio Tower. I unlocked the locked door that was blocking the staircase to the upper floors and I battled against Ariana. I headed to the observatory at last and I met Archer there. I defeated his Houndour, Houndoom and Koffing and he eventually gave up his plans to resurrect Team Rocket. I saved the game after speaking with the radio tower director.

Reyes' Journey, Part 64

Reyes and Cameron headed over to Olivine, where they both took a ship to Sinnoh! They ended up in a city named Veilstone, and one of the workers drove Reyes and Cameron to Solaceon Town, where the Sinnoh Times were located. Not only did they invite Cameron, the most famous photographer in Johto, but they also brought a famous Kanto photographer, Todd Snap. The two of them had to photograph the Solaceon Ruins for an article about Sinnoh myths, and Reyes decided to train while that was going on. A farmer by the name of Tim invited Reyes to stay with him to train, and he even helped Reyes' Pokemon learn new moves. Misdreavus learned Charge Beam and Dark Pulse and Koffing learned Sludge Bomb! Reyes used the big ranch behind Tim's house to train for a while.

One day, while Croconaw and Reyes were training, a herd of Ponyta was stampeding through, threatening to ruin the fence around the ranch. Croconaw used Surf to knock them all out, and as a result, Croconaw evolved into Feraligatr! Reyes also spent the next few weeks training Aipom, Magmar, Koffing, Unown, and Misdreavus as well. Many of the Pokemon Reyes had seen before, like Roselia, Chansey, and Ponyta, but there were some Pokemon Reyes didn't know, like Staravia.

Eventually, the photo shoot at the Solaceon Ruins was complete, and it was time to head back to Johto. As a gift, Tim gave Reyes' Magmar a Magmarizer, which was said to help Magmar once Reyes got home. Reyes and Cameron bade goodbye to their friends Tim and Todd Snap and headed back to Olivine.

When the two arrived back to Olivine, and Reyes stepped onto the port, Magmar's Magmarizer started to glow, and Magmar started to evolve! The newly evolved Magmortar was a result, and Reyes was thankful that the rancher gave him the Magmarizer, and Reyes decided that he might need to visit Sinnoh when his Johto quest is over. But for now, Reyes made his way back to Ecruteak, and he started to make his way into Mt. Mortar. But, Suicune ran by in the nearby woods, and Eusine approached soon after. After another Legendary encounter, Reyes started his trek into the Mt. Mortar!

Team

Lv. 30 Lv. 30

Lv. 31 Lv. 31

Lv. 30 Lv. 32

Lv. 31 Lv. 30

OK, now I'm in Goldenrod city and I might challenge the gym next. So far, I have already finished everything in Azalea and got my badge there. I'm training my Quilava (no new member yet though) and he's in the mid 20s. I caught a few Pokes and beat some trainers so that's what's been happening so far.

Reyes' Journey, Part 65

Mt. Mortar brought an excellent chance to train Shelgon and get a few good items, like gold Nuggets and Ethers. The trip through it didn't take long, so Reyes made it out to Mahogany town fairly quickly.

In Mahogany Town, a strange radio signal was going off in the area. It didn't seem to affect any of Reyes' team members, except Unown. Unown was going berserk, throwing Hidden Powers everywhere. Reyes asked the villagers what was going on with the radio, and they told Reyes that it's affected the Magikarp in the Lake of Rage as well, and it even angered a red Gyarados. Reyes decided to head to the Lake of Rage, not only to find a shiny Pokemon, but to see if he could find out what is going on with Unown.

Along the gate house, Team Rocket had taken it over, charging Trainers 1000 Pokedollars to get through. Reyes found it suspicious that Team Rocket was lurking around the Lake of Rage, but it was too soon to make any connections. At the Lake of Rage, the rain was pouring heavily, and the trees were flooded. Reyes found the Red Gyarados, and after a battle with his second shiny Pokemon (the first being Espeon on Seven Island), Reyes found the Red Scale. While Surfing back, Reyes met Lance, the Kanto Elite Four member with his Dragonite. Reyes caught Lance up with what was happening with the Radio signal, and Lance and Reyes headed back to Mahogany to see where the radio signal was coming from.

Team

Lv. 31 Lv. 33

Lv. 31 Lv. 31

Lv. 31 Lv. 31

Lv. 31 Lv. 31
    Last edited by AmbipomMaster; 18th July 2013 at 2:00 PM.

After capturing Groudon, the last legendary I had to catch was Rayquaza. But before that, I had a chance to go trough a very bizarre event provided by my boyfriend's Arceus I borrowed. With the Pokémon God's help, I created Palkia at the Sinjoh Ruins so now I can have both Dialga and Palkia in my Diamond game. Sweet! I returned Arceus and a little later on I borrowed his Kyogre so I could capture Rayquaza. I was prepared for a long and hard capture with many restarts and thrown Pokéballs. But this time my game truly surprised me! I managed to lower Rayquaza's HP rather easily but then it used Outrage and got confused. I was sure it would faint but I threw a Dusk Ball anyway and IT GOT CAUGHT. In a FIRST Ball I ever throw at it! Wow! I've never had that kind of luck!

After Rayquaza capture, it was time to move rest of the Pokémon and items I wanted to still have to my Platinum, and then to start a new game! :3

I chose a girl character and named her Annie. I chose Chikorita as my starter and after spending minutes trying to decide what to name him, I named my Chikorita Greene. Maybe going to change it later on... Then I travelled to Mr Pokémon's house and I tried to avoid as much tall grass as I could so I wouldn't encounter any shiny without having any Poké Balls. I recieved a call from professor Elm and encountered my rival for a first time. Later at the Pokémon Lab I named him Adam. I continued my travel to the Violet City and along the way I captured a few Pokémon like Pidgey, Sentret, Hoothoot (at night), Ledyba (at morning) and Weedle. I explored the city and also the Sprout Tower and next I had to train a bit more so I can beat Falkner.

Current Team
    Lennox, male Ledyba Lv5
    Needle, male Kakuna, Lv8
    Paola, female Pidgey, Lv11
    Cassie, female Gastly, Lv8
    Greene, male Chikorita Lv9
    Senni, female Sentret Lv7

I'm going to get both Cyndaquil and Squirtle from my boyfriend's game so my team looks pretty nice to have around

Reyes' Journey, Part 66

Lance and Reyes ran into Mahogany, determined to find the source of the radio signal that angers Unown and the Gyarados at the Lake of Rage. Lance found a shop, and the shopkeepers were refusing to help them. Eventually, they tried to push back Lance and Reyes from the secret entrance to Team Rocket's lair. Dragonite pushed them both back, the two entered into the base.

Inside, Reyes and Lance split up, and the webcams around the base let the Grunts know Reyes was here. So, Reyes fought them all off, and as a result, Aipom evolved into Ambipom!! Reyes was able to shut down the cameras, and he moved deeper into the base. They both found a door that needed a voice command from none other than the Team Rocket admin, Petrel. So Reyes and Lance needed to find the admin, whose door was blocked off, needing two passwords. Reyes was able to get the two passwords- "Slowpoketail" and "Raticatetail"- from the Grunts he defeated, but Silver stopped him, telling Reyes that Lance defeated, but it wouldn't happen again.

Reyes headed into Petrel's office and Giovanni was inside instead! But, Giovanni didn't sound the same, so Reyes called his bluff, and Petrel identified himself. Reyes was able to defeat him with Shelgon alone, but Petrel left, making Reyes unable to open the door. But, a nearby Murkrow had imitated Petrel's voice, and Reyes chased it throughout the Base. The Grunts were trying to catch the Murkrow, but it was too late- the door opened! When he tried to enter, another Executive by the name of Ariana stopped Reyes, and Lance came in to help Reyes defeat her and the Grunt with her. Reyes and Lance won, and they gained access to the radio generator, being run by 6 Electrodes. Reyes and Lance defeated the Electrode, stopping the signal, calming the Pokemon. Ariana and the Grunts left, but they let Reyes know that their plan is only beginning.

Reyes and Lance left the base, and Lance went back to the Elite Four. Reyes called Pokemon Ranger Beth from Almia to let her know what Team Rocket is up to, and he asked her to keep an eye on them for anything they do. Beth told Reyes that she would send backup to Johto just in case, and that left Reyes to prepare for his next Gym Battle, against Pryce, the Ice-type Gym Leader!

Team

Lv. 31 Lv. 32

Lv. 32 Lv. 35

Lv. 32 Lv. 31

Lv. 32 Lv. 32

I left the Goldenrod Radio Tower after solving the crisis there and I headed over to the local Pokemon Center in order to heal my injured Pokemon. I wandered south to Route 34 in order to visit the Day Care Center and I left some Pokemon there. I then used Surf to visit the secret beach area and I battled against the three girls there. I headed north to Route 35 and I visited the Pokeathlon Dome next to National Park. I competed in some courses there, then I flew back to Mahogany Town. I headed to Route 44 to the east and I battled the trainers along the route. I Surfed to the middle of the two ponds in order to catch some Pokemon in the tall grass, then I entered the Ice Path and I saved the game inside there.

After a little training, I decided to encounter Falkner. I also got Squirtle and Cyndaquil from my boyfriend and I trained them also a little bit but because they grow up super fast, I decided to train them more later on and concentrate to my other Pokémon. I went to the Gym with my team in which the toughest Pokémon was Pidgey (at Lv12) and I also had one fully evolved Pokémon, Beedrill (Lv10) but at Flying-type Gym he wouldn't be very useful. I was prepared for a tough battle but it was easier than I remembered. I took Pidgey down easily and poisoning Pidgeotto helped me a lot to achieve my victory! After getting Zephyr Badge and TM Roost I got a call from professor Elm and went to get my Togepi Egg from him. After that, it was time to travel to the next town.

I battled the trainers and trained my Pokémon along the way to the Union Cave. At the cave my egg hatched and I got a male Togepi. After that, Elm called again so I went once again back to New Bark Town where Elm awarded me with Everstone. Going back to the first town was really not that annoying since I could train my Togepi along the way. I also caught some Pokémon I didn't still have, like Wooper and Ekans. Next I explored the Union Cave and fought all the trainers there. I arrived at the rainy Azalea Town where Team Rocket definitely was up to some evil deeds...

After healing my Pokémon and visiting all the houses, me and Kurt went to show some sense of justice to Team Rocket. I won all the grunts rather easily and I had remembered that Proton was tougher than he actually was. Easy victory and Slowpokes were saved. After that I visited the house where a man had lost his Farfetch'd's so next I decided to go and search them at the Ilex Forest. But! My rival suddenly turned up and challenged me to battle! I was really worried that I would lost and he really was tough - all of his Pokémon were at higher level than mine! Gastly was rather easy to beat with Togepi's Extrasensory and I managed to lower Quilava's HP's with Pidgey's attacks but my Gastly's Curse was really helpful when beating that horrific Lv18 Quilava! Zubat was then easy to beat with my Mareep and surprisingly, I was victorious and got a nice amount of prize money from Adam, my rival. I explored the forest after that for a bit but I decided to return to the Slowpoke Well to find a Slowpoke. After I found and caught one, I saved the game.

Current Team
    Paola, female Pidgey Lv14
    Greene, male Chikorita Lv13
    Senni, female Sentret Lv13
    Cassie, female Gastly Lv14
    Tobias, male Togepi Lv13
    Molly, female Mareep Lv14

Also training
    Tyrion, male Quilava Lv14
    Blaise, female Squirtle Lv11

Reyes' Journey, Part 67

After calling and warning Beth, Reyes got ready for his next Gym Battle, where hopefully his Sinnoh training would pay off:

Gym Battle 23: Pryce vs.
    Winner: Reyes

Reyes was so happy that he got the Glacier Badge, and that Unown and Koffing were finally in a Gym Battle where they won! However, Reyes got a call from Prof. Elm, saying that the radio was giving off a strange broadcast. Reyes listened, and Team Rocket was on every station, stating that they have returned, and that they're looking for the current whereabouts of Giovanni, their former Leader. Beth called Reyes too, to say that they have infiltrated the Radio Tower in Goldenrod. Reyes and Togetic flew to Goldenrod to see what was going on.

Team Rocket was everywhere. Just like in Saffron City years ago, they blocked off buildings as well as the Gym, leaving Whitney stranded. Reyes needed a way to get into the Radio Tower, and then he remembered- the photo booth in the Underground has a Team Rocket uniform! Reyes borrowed the uniform, and he was able to get past the Grunts at the base. Silver showed up, and after identifying Reyes unintentionally, Reyes ditched the uniform and ran into the Tower.

After freeing Mary from Pokemon Talk, she told Reyes that the Director was on the 5th floor, and only he has the key to get to the Control Room at the top of the Tower. Reyes made it to the top, but the Director's voice sounded awfully familiar. Reyes recognized the voice, and identified the Director to be Petrel in disguise! Petrel, angered that his disguise was uncovered once again, challenged Reyes, and lost to Feraligatr. Reyes demanded to know where the Director was, and Petrel gave him the key to the Underground Basement, where the Director was being held hostage. Not only that, but Petrel told Reyes what Team Rocket is trying to do- once they find Giovanni, they will emit the same signal from the Lake of Rage, and every Pokemon in Johto will go berserk, causing riots at Team Rocket's control! Reyes, unable to get Team Rocket to leave, was forced to exit and look for the Director.

Outside, Beth and a group of Pokemon Rangers showed up, and Reyes briefed them on what was happening. the Rangers agreed to help infiltrate the basement, while the other Rangers went and isolated the Radio Tower. Now, Reyes is off to find the Director, and flush Team Rocket out before all the Pokemon in Johto become crazy....

Team

Lv. 33 Lv. 33

Lv. 33 Lv. 33

Lv. 33 Lv. 35

Lv. 33 Lv. 33

I was so hyped about finally getting B/W and the sequels(money don't come easy for me) that I restarted all my old games. I recently beat the Elite Four as Lyra and barely beat Lance's hacked pokemon if it weren't for my Miltank, Sumo. Getting ready to travel through Kanto.

I forgot to mention my team:

Miltank
    Flareon
    Quagsire
    Ampharos
    Dragonite(I trained hard)
    Meganium(it was practically made for Lyra and has good support to make up for it's lack of offense, but I've always preferred defensive fighting anyway)
    Last edited by Chassidy; 18th July 2013 at 8:55 PM.

Once inside the Ice Path I slid on the ice as I made my way around. I captured a wild Jynx and a wild Swinub as I moved through the first floor of the cave, then I found the stairs that led to the next floor of the cavern. I had to push some boulders through holes in the floor in order to make a path to the next staircase. I eventually found the exit of the Ice Path after I picked up the Waterfall HM, and I had to help a lost Kimono Girl get unstuck from the ice. Once that was finished I arrived in Blackthorn City. I visited the local Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there, then I swapped Pokemon. I explored the town then I went south to Route 45 in order to train my newly captured Jynx for the Blackthorn Gym battle.

Reyes' Journey, Part 68

Reyes headed into the Underground to find the Director, and before Reyes could enter, Silver showed up, and since Lance was nowhere to be found, he challenged Reyes to a battle instead. Silver lost, and he left, reconsidering the whole "raising Pokemon with love" advice everyone had been giving him. Reyes made to the Basement, but it was a puzzle with doors that slid open/shut when Reyes pressed the buttons. Reyes was able to get through, and he saved the Director, and the Director gave Reyes the Card Key, which allowed Reyes to enter the Control Room before Team Rocket can infuriate the Pokemon of Johto.

Reyes ran swiftly through the building, and he opened the door that needed the Card Key. The Pokemon Rangers, who had learned their mistakes from Saffron City, followed Reyes, arresting any Team Rocket members that were there. Reyes battled Proton, and he was arrested. Reyes let the Rangers hold back while he headed up the elevator, but Ariana surprised Reyes by coming out of the shadows and attacking Reyes. Reyes defeated her, and headed up.

At the top stood Archer, the leader of the Team Rocket resurrection. Remembering Reyes from the Warehouse on Five Island, he challenged Reyes to a battle, which Feraligatr won easily. Archer, not believing he'd lost, Giovanni hadn't responded, and Rangers were waiting to arrest him, tried to turn on the horrific radio signal to make the Pokemon go crazy, but thankfully Beth showed up and cut the connection, ending the signal and arresting Archer. And with that, Team Rocket had been disbanded- this time, for good.

For saving Johto (and possibly the world) the Director gave Reyes the Rainbow Wing, a Legendary artifact that the Director had held for some time. Beth and the other Pokemon Rangers thanked Reyes for his hard work, and if he ever had the chance to visit Almia, then he could come by and test out his own Pokemon Ranger skills. Reyes promised that one day he'd go to Almia, but first Reyes needed to win the Johto League, so he once again bade goodbye to his Pokemon Ranger friends!

The Second Qualifying Round at the Pokeathlon was coming up, and Reyes decided that it was time to train for such. Since he had the Rainbow Wing, Reyes saw to it that he'd train in the Bell Tower, and maybe summon the Legendary Pokemon at the top. Reyes presented the Rainbow Wing to the sage in Ecruteak, and he proceeded through. During his training, Koffing evolved into Weezing! Reyes went through the trials and puzzles throughout the tower, but when he got to the top, Reyes couldn't summon the Legendary Pokemon. Reyes decided that it was time to be serious and train for the Second Qualifying Round, as well as his last Johto Gym Battle, the Blackthorn City Gym!

Team

Lv. 34 Lv. 33

Lv. 35 Lv. 35

Lv. 35 Lv. 36

Lv. 34 Lv. 34

After starting the game over again, I'm currently working on the 5th badge. This time I started with Grass, which may have been a bad choice since the first to Gym Leaders are Flying and Bug, but I made it past with Geodude.
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*
    Credit to Inferno Productions

Quote Originally Posted by R2J View Post
    After starting the game over again, I'm currently working on the 5th badge. This time I started with Grass, which may have been a bad choice since the first to Gym Leaders are Flying and Bug, but I made it past with Geodude.
    I havnt played HG/SS since I was 12 yrs old. Furthest i got into the series. I'm 24 and jus went and got a ds and HG. 3 of my cousins bough versions of the game also and we all playing thru again. 1 SS 1 crystal 1 black and white 2.

So much fun. I prolly caught half their pokemon because they wanted some older guys. I jus beat blue for the 16th badge. Bred like 7 eevee eggs. Jus taught electabuzz thunder and put him in daycare with a ditto. Gonna set up the safari zone for gibble , bagon , and the dragonfly?? Go collect Everywhere with rock climb and continue to train for red and collecting appricorns.

BTW my team is

Dragonite lvl 56
    Scizor lvl 52
    Ampharos lvl 54
    Dialga lvl 52
    Lapras lvl 53
    Ho Oh lvl 52

I trained my Jynx and other Pokemon around Route 45 to the south of Blackthorn City and I spent at least 45 minutes training there before I healed my Pokemon in Blackthorn City again. I headed south once more to visit Dark Cave and I trained inside there for at least another 30 minutes. Once the training was done I felt more confident about the Blackthorn City Gym battle so I headed over to the Gym. I had to battle against Gym trainers while also navigating some moving platforms over the lava around the Gym in order to find Clair's spot. Once I had defeated all the Gym trainers I headed outside and I healed my Pokemon once more and I also bought some items. I returned to the Gym and I saved in front of Clair.

Reyes' Journey, Part 69

Reyes made it to the National Park, in time for the Second Qualifying Round of the Pokeathlon. The opponents were tougher, but to gain access to the Semi-Finals was close at hand. Reyes was able to compete in the Power, Speed, Stamina, and Jump Courses, as Reyes couldn't qualify for the Skill Course in the Preliminary Round.

Round 3, Course 1: Speed

Winning the Speed Course was awfully easy, but that could have been due to Electrode's speed.

Round 3, Course 2: Power

Marowak, Donphan, and Feraligatr's power was phenomenal, letting Reyes move on to the Semi-Finals in the Power Course

Round 3, Course 3: Stamina

The Stamina Course was a bit more challenging, and Reyes almost lost, but Ninetales, Magmortar, and Weezing muscled through, letting them go on to the Semi-Finals!

Round 3, Course 4: Jump

The Jump Course was also close, but Reyes managed to win with Bellossom, Blaziken, and Togetic. The Semi-Final Jump Course is in Reyes' future!

After the Second Qualifying Round, the Semi-Final round was in a month, so Reyes went ahead and traveled back to Mahogany Town via Ecruteak and Mt. Mortar. Once in Mahogany, Reyes traversed on Route 43. The Trainers were waiting to fight, and Reyes answered their call. Up ahead, the Ice Path loomed in front of Reyes. Once Reyes makes it through the Ice Path, his last Johto Gym Battle awaits!

Team

Lv. 36 Lv. 35

Lv. 35 Lv. 34

Lv. 34 Lv. 36

Lv. 36 Lv. 35

After training my team a bit I went to encounter Bugsy. My Sentret evolved into Furret but I relied more in my Quilava and Pidgey. I beat all the trainers rather easily (but seriously, one of those trainers at the Gym is even harder to reach than Bugsy!) and I was prepared to encounter Scyther. I had to make a solid strategy and I had to restart few times to beat his Scyther. Metapod and Kakuna were very easy. But I still think he should have either Butterfree or Beedrill with Scyther since now he's rather easy opponent after getting rid of that annoying Scyther. Anyway, I was awarded with badge and U-Turn, a rather useful TM. After that, it was time to go and explore Ilex Forest.

At the forest I encountered some Pokémon without catching any. I found some hidden items but I have to return later with Dowsing Machine. I escorted a Kimono Girl out of the forest but I didn't teach Headbutt to any of my Pokémon (we return to that later on). At the next route, I beat all the trainers and caught Drowzee. I also went to visit Day-Care and got the numbers of lady and mister there. Goldenrod City, one of the biggest cities in the game was up next. I explored all the houses and Radio Tower as much as I could and realized that I have to beat Whitney before I can get Squirtbottle and start to grow my own berry collection. So, next I had to do some training. Drowzees were very good training material and I beat many of them and levelled up my Pokémon. I also found a Ditto but couldn't caught any Abra.

Next I went to the Route 35 to beat the trainers there and to train a bit more. I also caught both Nidorans but unfortunately, the male one had Rivarly as its ability and since I want to train it to my final team, I had to return later to find one with a way more useful ability, Poison Point. At this point, most of my teammates were around Lv18 and evolved to the next form which was very good since next I had to encounter Whitney's horrific Miltank...

At the Gym I noticed that the Gym really is shaped like Clefairy I saw a picture of it a while ago and this time I really managed to realize the cute shape at the Gym. I beat the trainers rather easily and then I had to encounter Whitney! I had made a solid plan and after just one failure (restarted) I achieved a rather easy victory. Clefairy was rather easy to beat with my newly evolved Bayleef and after that I both poisoned and cursed Miltank when she was easy to take down since Gym leaders don't use Full Restores at this point of the game. After my smooth victory, Whitney begin to cry but gave me my badge and Attract anyway. After that, I went to search a male Nidoran with Poison Point and after long, hard and frustrating search I finally found one. I kept attacking them to make sure they have the ability (by poisoning my Pokémon) so I wouldn't have to waste Pokéballs. I took him to my team and also got Kenya the Spearow from the route watcher guy.

I had got my Squirtbottle after my victory and next I went to catch Sudowoodo so I could return Kenya to its real owner. I managed to catch Sudowoodo to Great Ball and visited Violet City where I gave Kenya to a man and got TM Rest. Then I went to the Pokéathlon Dome where, after a little sightseeing and getting my jersey from Whitney I decided to do some courses. I took three which of one I won and I already have over 1000 APs. It's important to start to collect them early since I will need evolution stones and Heart Scales later on. I happen to like Pokéathlon though there are some events I truly despise (like Pennant Capture and Snowball Throw). After this sporty break I went to explore the National Park where I saved my game after beating some trainers there.

Current team
    Greene, male Bayleef Lv20
    Blaise, female Wartortle Lv21
    Tyrion, male Quilava Lv19
    Tobias, male Togetic Lv19
    Cassie, female Gastly Lv18
    Anthony, Nidorino, Lv16

As you can see, many of my teammates are now evolved and I managed to evolve some of my previous team Pokémon as well. My Mareep evolved into Flaaffy, Sentret into Furret and Pidgey into Pidgeotto but as now I've dropped them out of my team.

I challenged Clair at the Blackthorn City Gym at long last and I used my Ampharos against her Gyarados since it had the type advantage. I defeated Clair's Gyarados with Shock Wave attack, then I used Jynx against Clair's first Dragonair. I defeated it with Avalanche which was super effective, then I used my Meganium against Clair's Kingdra. I had Meganium use Petal Dance, but Clair's Kingdra survived the attack and used Dragon Pulse against me. Meganium used Petal Dance again but Kingdra survived because Clair healed her. I had to swap out to Quagsire in order to finally beat Kingdra. Finally I used Jynx against Clair's last Dragonair and I defeated it with Avalanche. I saved the game after Clair's temper tantrum.

Reyes' Journey, Part 70

Reyes worked his way into Ice Path, which was freezing cold. The icy cave kind of reminded Reyes of Shoal Cave in the Hoenn region, but Reyes slipped and slid through the ice and made it out alright. A Kimono Girl was stuck on the ice, so Reyes decided to help her out and push her to safety. She thanked Reyes and headed out. Reyes battled Swinubs and Golbats with Feraligatr and left.

In Blackthorn City, Reyes visited the Move Tutor house, where a lady by the name of Grandma Wilma was staying for vacation. Grandma Wilma knew a powerful Dragon type move Draco Meteor, but even when Reyes begged, Grandma Wilma refused to teach it to Shelgon. So Reyes challenged the Gym with Draco Meteor. The Trainers in the Blackthorn City Gym were tough, but Reyes managed to beat them all. Then, the battle with Clair started!:

Gym Battle 24: Clair vs.
    Winner: Clair

Reyes lost. Again. Reyes' team couldn't even inflict damage on Kingdra, they were that underleveled. Reyes decided that serious training would go underway, but before that, Reyes needed that Gym Badge, so he challenged her again, but with a little help from his older Pokemon:

Gym Battle 24: Clair vs.
    Winner: Reyes

Even though Reyes won, Clair didn't think Reyes deserve to receive the Rising Badge as he didn't beat her his first time. Reyes called shenanigans, but Clair refused. She told Reyes that the only way to win the Badge is if he got the Dragon Elder's approval in the Dragon Den, behind the Blackthorn Gym. So, Reyes headed down to the underground Lair, and after fighting past a whirlpool, Reyes got to the Shrine of the Dragon Elder. After asking a few questions about the bond of Reyes' Pokemon, the Dragon Elder approved Reyes, and the stunned Clair gave Reyes the Rising Badge and the TM59 Dragon Pulse. Now that Reyes has all the Johto Gym Badges, he's going to train on Route 45 until his Pokemon were ready to demolish the Elite Four. But, after getting the Rising Badge, Reyes received a call from Professor Elm, asking Reyes to come back to New Bark Town....

Team

Lv. 37 Lv. 36

Lv. 35 Lv. 36

Lv. 36 Lv. 36

Lv. 36 Lv. 36

I left the Blackthorn City Gym after my match with Clair, and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I also swapped Pokemon there and then I headed out to the lake behind the Gym since I had to visit the Dragon's Den so that Clair would give me the Rising Badge. I Surfed to the cave in the back and once inside I battled a trainer near the entrance. I used Surf once more and I went around and battled a couple more trainers. I then reached the maelstrom that was blocking the path to the dragon shrine, and I used Whirlpool to cross over it. I arrived at the shrine and I spoke with the elder there. I took his test and when I passed, Clair arrived and she gave me the Rising Badge. I saved the game afterwards.

Reyes' Journey, Part 71

After Elm's call, Reyes headed southward on Route 45, strengthening his team on his way to New Bark Town. Reyes took Butterfree with him so his Flash could let them enter Dark Cave and explore it. Magmortar finally leveled up and forgot Ember for Lava Plume! Eventually, Route 45 turned into 46, and Reyes was almost to the Lab.

At the Lab, Lyra and Professor Elm were very impressed that Reyes got all 8 Johto Badges, in addition to the 8 Kanto Badges and 8 Hoenn Badges. Elm gave Reyes the Master Ball for all his assistance, and Reyes got word that the Kimono Girls were waiting for Reyes at the Ecruteak Dance Theater.

Reyes and Togetic flew over to Ecruteak, and Silver came running out of the dance theater, saying that the Kimono Girls were ridiculously strong. However, Reyes felt confident and went inside. On stage, the five Kimono Girls were waiting. The first Kimono Girl, Ziki, explained that it was her that Reyes met in Violet City, and that she had given Mr. Pokemon the Mystery Egg, knowing Reyes would get it! All of the sudden, Reyes realized that Togetic was just a test for Reyes! However, Ziki told Reyes that they needed a Trainer of strong heart to summon Ho-oh, and even though Reyes knew he couldn't summon Ho-oh, he still challenged Ziki to a battle. Ambipom was able to defeat her Umbreon with Double Hit.

The next Kimono Girl was named Naoma, and she was the one who was lost in the Ilex Forest, which Togepi helped her find the way out. She thanked Reyes for his hard work, and she challenged him with her Espeon, and Misdreavus took it out easily.

The next Kimono Girl, whose name was Muki, was the one being harassed by the Team Rocket Grunt in the theater. Her Flareon, however, had a hard time with Reyes' Feraligatr.

the next Kimono Girl, who goes by the name of Sayo, was the Kimono Girl who was stuck on the ice in the Ice Path. Her Jolteon was tough, but Magmortar beat it after a long battle.

The last Kimono Girl was named Kuni, and her and her Vaporeon watched Reyes defeat Team Rocket one final time thanks to the Pokemon Rangers. Reyes and his Feraligatr took down Vaporeon, and after they were defeated, they gave Reyes the Clear Bell, which is the final thing needed to summon Ho-oh. Reyes and the Kimono Girls headed up the Bell Tower to the top, like Reyes had done before, and when the Clear Bell was rung, and the Kimono Girls danced the ancient dance, Ho-oh arrived. The Kimono Girls relied on Reyes to defeat the Pokemon, for then it will stay in the Johto region. So Reyes began the battle. Togetic's Ancientpower and Feraligatr's Surf were powerful, but it was Magmortar and his new Secret Power that defeated Ho-oh, and the Kimono Girls thanked Reyes for their wonderful battle. Now, Reyes headed back to New Bark Town to tell the Professor what happened, and then, the Johto League awaits Reyes!

Team

Lv. 37 Lv. 36

Lv. 37 Lv. 37

Lv. 37 Lv. 36

Lv. 37 Lv. 37

After 2 weeks in vacation, I got to play a little bit, not much though since I'm also playing Pt and W2. Anyways, I stopped at the Icy Cave last. I got through it, and after exploring Blackthorn City, I went down to route whatever number it was, and... trained. Trained, trained, trained. Really that's all this post is gonna be about. Mad training. My Pokemon (and their stupid natures. I mean c'mon, Gengar with -Sp Atk +Sp Def?, Slowking with -Def + Atk? Hitmonlee with -Atk +Def?, this is a freaking joke) are still in the process of reaching level 40, and then we shall take on Clair!

Team:

PS: Still loving your posts AmbipomMaster :P
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 24th July 2013 at 7:22 PM.

I headed out of the dragon shrine after speaking with the elder and Clair there, and I found the Dragon Fang item as I was exploring the other side of the Dragon's Den. I Surfed back across the whirlpool and towards the exit of the Dragon's Den and I met Clair again. She gave me the Dragon Pulse TM and then I left the Dragon's Den for good. I healed my Pokemon at the Blackthorn City Pokemon Center and then I went south to Route 45. I battled trainers along the mountain trail and I picked some Apricorns from trees in the area. I eventually arrived at the gatehouse that led to Route 29, and I went to New Bark Town. I visited Professor Elm and obtained the Master Ball from him, then I saved the game at my house.

Page 342 of 376 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352 ... LastLast