Page 343 of 377 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,575 of 9406

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

Reyes' Journey, Part 72

After the Legendary encounter with Ho-oh, Reyes returned to New Bark Town to tell Professor Elm the news. Elm was overjoyed at the fact that Reyes was able to defeat the Legendary Pokemon. Reyes took Elm's directions and surfed east to Route 26, which took Reyes back to Kanto, where the Johto League was held. The first obstacle was the Tohjo Falls, and Reyes had to switch out Magmortar for Gyarados to get by. Reyes made it through Route 26 and Route 27, where a lot of Ace Trainers were getting cold feet with the Pokemon League. Reyes climbed the mountain and got to the gate to the Victory Road.

Victory Road was etched into the mountain that the Johto Conference was held. Surprisingly, no Trainers were in the Victory Road, so Reyes saw the oppurtunity to train his team to make sure they can win. Feraligatr, with the help of Gyarados and Reyes' past training, was able to learn Earthquake! As Reyes spent the next few days training in the cave, and when he attempted to exit, Silver stopped him, determined to beat Reyes now. But, Reyes creamed Silver again, and this time, Silver realized that maybe Reyes' training techniques truly work, and that Pokemon actually require love and friendship to grow stronger. Silver left, and Reyes entered the Johto League building!

At the gate, the guard had to inspect Reyes' badges, and Reyes remembered the Gym Leaders that helped his Pokemon get to where they are:

Falkner Bugsy Whitney Morty

Chuck Jasmine Pryce Clair

Reyes was ready for the Pokemon League, or at least, he thinks. Reyes learned that battles are always unexpected, and anyone can come out on top. But Reyes is determined to win, so the Elite Four awaits Reyes!

Team

Lv. 40 Lv. 42

Lv. 36 Lv. 42

Lv. 43 Lv. 36

Lv. 41 Lv. 41

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    PS: Still loving your posts AmbipomMaster :P
    Thank you!!
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

I finally finished training! Ended up using 3 rare candies on Gengar, but who cares. I then traded a Dusk Stone over from Platinum, and evolved my Murkrow into a Honchkrow! Yeah, now things are getting better and better! It was finally gym time! Unfortunately Honchkrow couldn't be out in the gym, however it was still used on the gym trainers. Then we got to Clair. Gengar went in first, put Gyarados to sleep and with a combination of Dream Eater and Shadow Ball took it down. Then I sent in Honchkrow against Dragonair, and we took the first one down. Against the second one, we sent in Slowking. It used T-Wave, like that matters. I set up Nasty Plot and Curse and had to heal twice (cuz of paralysis). I was then set for Dragonair and hopefully Kingdra. I OHKO'd Dragonair with Confusion, and then she sent in Kingdra. I was planning to use Victreebel against it, but decided to go for Slowking. Kingdra got a crit though and took down my Slowking :/ Sent in Victreebel. OMFG SHE GOT 2 CRITS IN A ROW WTF. Gastly ofc missed Hypnosis and WTF I KID YOU NOT 3 CRITS IN A ROW!!!!! I sent in Hitmonlee. Hitmonlee finally took Kingdra down after 3 ****ing crits. About ****ing time. And then she whines about it, like Im the one who gets hit 3 times in a row with crits but she cries. I trained Hitmonlee up to level 41 since he was so close to it, and he learned Blaze Kick.

Team:

Capt. Brave| Yumi | Ghost

Woody | King | Gangsta
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 5th August 2013 at 12:44 AM.

After obtaining the Master Ball from Professor Elm, I headed outside and I flew to Ecruteak City. I had to battle against the Kimono Girls at the Dance Theater in order for them to help me awaken Lugia at the Whirl Islands. I entered the Dance Theater where the Kimono Girls were rehearsing their dance and I challenged them. I defeated their Eevee evolutions and they left the Dance Theater. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, then I flew to Olivine City. I Surfed to the Whirl Islands and after using Whirlpool, I entered one. I followed the path that led to the bottom of the island and then I encountered the Kimono Girls again. They performed their dance and summoned Lugia. I saved before battling it.

After searching National Park I headed up to the Ecruteak City and beat the trainers along the way. At the Pokémon Center I met Bill who left to Goldenrod City. I followed and finally got my Eevee from him. And it was a girl! I was planning to evolve it to Umbreon so I named it Nightwind but since I have one Umbreon with that name in other game I changed the name to Elyon. I gave it the Soothe Bell I had recieved so it would love me more and evolve faster. After getting her I returned to the Ecruteak City where I explored the Burned Tower and met Eusine who was, obviously, searching for Suicune. We met the three legendary dogs but they left the tower (who wants to stay there anyway?) and started to roam Johto. I explored the tower and found some items and after that I decided to train my Pokémon a bit before encountering Morty.

I went to Route 38 to fight some trainers and wild Pokémon there. Raticates and Miltanks provided a little EXP to my Pokémon and Eevee levelled up rather nicely, around Lv17 from Lv5 without fainting once. I also participated in Bug Catching Contest (on Tuesday) and got second place and Everstone. My catch was Caterpie and I took it because I didn't yet have it. If I wanted to win, I would have catched Pinsir or something. But oh well, I adventured around a bit and for example broke some rocks at the Ruins of Alph to get some shards and new berries to grow. After wandering around a bit I decided to go and try to beat Morty even though my best Pokémon was at Lv 22. I managed to beat all the weird old women at the Gym and then I decided to stand up against Morty.

As usual, he talked about cryptic stuff of him being a "chosen one" or something and then it was about the time to fight! The first Gastly was rather easy but then I started to have problems with his two Haunter and one Gengar. I really don't know how but somehow I managed to beat him! I think my Wartortle's Bites were the key to the victory. And I had to use only 4 Pokémon since Eevee and Nidorino wouldn't have done much to Morty's ghosts. Well, victory is a victory and I got my badge and useful Shadow Ball TM. After returning from Gym I teach Surf I had recieved from the Dance Hall to my Wartortle and then I went off to roam all the waters I hadn't been able to cross before!

Near Day Care I got into a fierce battle with three Ace Trainers who gave me a Power Herb after I had finally managed to beat them all. It was far from easy! While roaming water routes I met all kind of EXP-providing water Pokémon like Tentacruel who gave a lot of experience to Eevee who almost evolved into Espeon only at Lv21! But I stopped the evolution and at the evening I finally managed to evolve Eevee to Umbreon. Now it is at Lv22 and useful part in my team... as soon as it learns some useful moves! I got all kind of new items and, most important, lot of money which I really needed and I filled my item wares a bit before left back to the Route 38 and to my way to Olivine City.

Current Team
    Anthony, Nidorino Lv22
    Elyon, female Umbreon Lv22
    Cassie, female Gastly Lv22
    Greene, male Bayleef Lv24
    Tyrion, male Quilava Lv24
    Blaise, female Wartortle Lv27

Blaise levelled maybe a bit too much in a battle against Morty. Others need to catch her up! My next training mission is to evolve Gastly to Haunter.

Just got through playing Voltorb Flip from 1PM to 10PM.

Well, I stopped to mow the yard and take a shower, which took about 1 hour, then ate dinner. And watched a few minutes of Big Brother.

Finally got Dratini and now I'm not even sure I want to use it :/

And HOLY MOTHER **** I forgot to take the Exp. Share off the Pokemon I just traded :O

Oh well. Time to train my Vulpix and Dratini now. After that I'll go to Cianwood and get the Secretpotion, then get the badge, go back to Olivine Lighthouse, deliver medicine, then battle Jasmine. Then I'll head back over to Cianwood and go to the Safari Zone, where I hope to have my 6th and final party member.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 26th July 2013 at 5:49 AM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I battled against the wild Lugia deep within the Whirl Islands and I paralyzed it with Thunder Wave. I started tossing Ultra Balls at it and then I finally succeeded in catching it. With that whole ordeal over with, I headed out of the Whirl Islands with an Escape Rope and I flew to Cianwood City. I swapped Pokemon there and then I headed west to the Cliff Edge Gate. I traveled all the way past Route 47 and 48 and I reached the Safari Zone. I paid the fee and I wandered around while trying to catch some more wild Pokemon. I was able to get a few that I missed last time, and then I left to New Bark Town again. I was finally able to journey east, so I used Surf to cross the water there. I arrived in Kanto and I saved.

Okay... managed to get my team to decent levels for where I'm at in the game.

Upper 20s/low 30s at the moment.

Feraligatr
    Fearow
    Gloom (will evolve using whatever stone I get first, Leaf or Stone)
    Ninetales
    Dragonair (actually it's a lvl 30 Dratini, I'm going to evolve it when it learns Aqua Tail very soon at level 31)

I might get a Misdreavus in the Safari Zone as my 6th and final member unless I think of something else. I definitely want it to be a 2nd Gen Pokemon though.

I've already beaten elite four, and all the gyms in both Kanto and Johto. I've never caught a shiny and would like to trade my Ho-Oh (Lv. 70), Riolu (Lv. 1, Lv. 16), for a shiny Umbreon and/or shiny Lucario

Reyes' Journey, Part 73

Reyes was ready to challenge the Johto League, after a few days of extra training. Reyes found out that the Kanto and Johto League share the same Elite Four! But, the Elite Four had changed since Reyes challenged it two years prior. Lorelei left to stay at Four Island, and Agatha retired from battling. Reyes was excited to challenge the new Elite Four for the Kanto/Johto League, and his battles went underway!

Elite Four Match 1: Will

Being Lorelei's replacement, Reyes battled his first new Elite Four member, Will. His Pokemon were sporting powerful Psychic attacks, but fortunately Reyes came equipped with moves like Shadow Claw, Crunch, and Shadow Ball, so the battle was an easy win for Reyes

Elite Four Match 2: Koga

Reyes was surprised to see Koga, the former Fuschia City Gym Leader in the spot of the Elite Four. Koga told Reyes that when the position opened, he sprung to the oppurtunity, but he left his Gym under good ownership by his daughter. Reyes and Magmortar, however, had an easier time defeating him now than when Reyes challenged him before for the Soul Badge.

Elite Four Match 3: Bruno

Bruno was the first member Reyes remembered challenging on his first time challenging the Kanto League. His team was much tougher and more experienced, but Togetic and Ambipom defeated them heartily with Fly and Aerial Ace respectively.

Elite Four Match 4: Karen

Karen, the other new Elite Four member, had taken the place of Agatha, and her Dark type Pokemon aired on the side of annoying, with their Confuse Rays and Double Teams. But, the combination of Shelgon and Ambipom were able to take them out. After all 4 were defeated, the Champion was to be fought to make it into the Johto League. Reyes was expecting Blue, his old rival from Kanto who'd became Champion before Reyes could challenge him. But, the Champion turned out to be....

CHAMPION BATTLE: VS LANCE vs.
    Winner: Reyes

The Champion was Lance! the former E4 member had gained access to be the Champion of the Johto and Kanto region! Reyes was a bit nervous, as he knew how strong Dragonite was from challenging it before with Gyarados during his Kanto challenge and when he fought alongside Dragonite in Mahogany Town against Team Rocket. However, thanks to Feraligatr's Ice Fang, the Dragonites were slowly taken out one by one. Charizard only needed a few Surfs and Aerodactyl didn't like Shelgon's Dragon Claw very much. Reyes defeated the last Dragonite, and Reyes was a member of the Johto Hall of Fame! Professor Oak and his radio assistant Mary came up wanting an interview, but Lance took Reyes back to register him into the Hall of Fame with 6 more Pokemon:

Misdreavus Lv. 43
    (Shadow Ball, Psybeam, Perish Song, Charge Beam)

Togetic Lv. 44
    (Shadow Ball, Extrasensory, Fly, AncientPower)

Ambipom Lv. 44
    (Double Hit, Screech, Shadow Claw, Aerial Ace)

Feraligatr Lv. 45
    (Surf, Ice Fang, Earthquake, Crunch)

Shelgon Lv. 45
    (Leer, Strength, Dragon Claw, Zen Headbutt)

Magmortar Lv. 46
    (Flamethrower, Faint Attack, Secret Power, Fire Punch)

After registering into the Hall of Fame, Reyes headed back to Johto, as his journey there wasn't over. The Semi-Final round of the Pokeathlon was about to begin, so Reyes immediately headed over to the National Park to compete in the Semi-Final round!

Team

Lv. 43 Lv. 36

Lv. 45 Lv. 45

Lv. 44 Lv. 36

Lv. 44 Lv. 46
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

Bout to start a new game I need a Magmar and a Munchlax however. Does anyone have those they could trade over to me?

Shines I own/owned: Drifblim, Golurk, Bannette

Help me hatch my above eggs! ^

Well, back to the drawing board. My team got swept by Claire's Gyrados. I can't even dream about beating her Kingdra at the moment. It sucks not having a good place to train other than that spot south of the Safari Zone. Even then it takes forever.

Feraligatr
    Bellossom
    Fearow (might dump this one for something else that offers more coverage, don't know yet)
    Misdreavus (probably my most useful Pokemon at the moment. Very fast and very high special attack. Good HP too)
    Ninetales
    Dragonair (this one is pretty much useless vs. Clair since Dragon Rage always does 40 damage)

All are level 33-34 except for Bellossom who is 36. Stupidly underleveled team compared to other teams I have had in the past.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 28th July 2013 at 12:48 AM.

After Surfing into Kanto, I entered Tohjo Falls. I used Waterfall and I climbed the waterfall inside and I made it to the other side. I battled a trainer when I exited the cave and I obtained the Sandstorm TM from an old lady in the house nearby. I Surfed across some water after that and I battled more trainers on the bridge area of the route. I then proceeded to battle against wild Pokemon like Raticate and Arbok in the tall grass. I continued traveling along the route and I eventually headed north to Route 26. I continued battling trainers and wild Pokemon, then I healed my Pokemon at a rest house in the middle of the route. I battled the last trainers along the path to Victory Road and I saved at the gatehouse.

Okay so next I went to the Olivine City where I explored around a bit before entering the Olivine Lighthouse. It was definitely needed since I wanted to train my team before encountering next Gym Leader. First I fought all the trainers I could without entering the elevator. Then I went to the elevator but I realized that I couldn't enter to Jasmine's and Amphy's place from there so it was back to the ladders and then I finally found the door in which I could go outside and finally meet Jasmine. She requested me for potion so I decided to head to Cianwood City. Before that I fished on the beach with my brand new Good Rod and caught Corsola and two Krabbys so I could trade other with the trainer in the Olivine City.

Finally I went to sail the sea to reach Cianwood City. I fough all kinds of swimmers there and all of them just kept babbling about Whirl Islands I could not yet reach but eventually I arrived the small city on the islands, Cianwood City. First I went to get the potion for Amphy and then I explored the houses and the beaches. I also tried to enter Safari but it was not yet open. After doing everything there, I decided to sail back to Olivine and fight rest of the swimmers on the way. Back to the city I just wandered around a bit training my Pokémon and I also did some Pokéathlon courses and competed in a Bug Catching Contest which I won with my new Scyther, prize was a Sun Stone. After buying some Super Repels I returned to the Cianwood and decided finally to go against Chuck.

First I took down all the trainers at the Gym and beat all of them rather easily. Then it was up to me to take Chuck down. First try was a failure but I had of course saved so I restarted and tried my tactic again. Primeape was rather easy one to beat and I did that with my Wartortle. I put Bayleef against Poliwrath but it fainted to one Focus Punch (I tried to poison Poliwrath but it missed) and I had to survive for a while with my other Pokémon while reviving and healing my Bayleef. I returned it into the fight, poisoned Poliwrath and took it down with Magical Leaves. I was awarded with a shining new Storm Badge and TM01 Focus Punch. I also got HM Fly from Chuck's wife so I finally could fly back to the previous cities. Sweet!

After a fierce gym battle I returned to Olivine and gave medicine to Jasmine and so Amphy was healed. I exited the Lighthouse and recieved a call from Baoba. The Safari was finally open so I flied to Cianwood City and entered the cave to reach Safari. I battled all the trainers on the way and found some items as well. I also caught a Farfetch'd and trained my Pokémon a bit with other wild Pokémon there. After that I finally came to the Safari and talked with all the people there. I met Baoba who requested me to catch a Geodude but I didn't want to do that just then so I saved my game.

Current Team
    Blaise, female Wartortle Lv29
    Greene, male Bayleef Lv29
    Tyrion, male Quilava Lv28
    Elyon, female Umbreon Lv28
    Anthony, Nidorino, Lv28
    Cassie, female Haunter Lv27

OK. I finally beat Clair, but there is no way this team beats the Elite 4 + Lance.

Lvl 36 Feraligatr
    Lvl 36 Fearow
    Lvl 36 Ninetales
    Lvl 37 Bellossom (beat Kingdra with 2 critical hit SolarBeams!)
    Lvl 38 Dragonair
    Lvl 38 Mismagius

Some guard at the Pokemon League Reception Gate checked to see if I had all eight badges, then I was allowed to enter Victory Road. Once inside I pushed a boulder out of the way and I explored the first floor of the cave. I battled against many wild Pokemon inside, and I also picked up some items although that required using Strength and Rock Smash. I eventually found the cave's exit, but my rival appeared and I had to battle against him first. I used my Magmar against his Sneasel and Magneton, then I used Quagsire against my rival's Typhlosion. I defeated it with Surf and I used Jynx against Golbat. Once I had beaten it, I used Meganium against Kadabra and Ampharos against Haunter. I saved afterwards.

Started a new game on Heartgold. Gold chose Totodile as the water gator was his favorite starter. He battled falkner with just his totodile winning easily. Heading towards Azelea city Gold proceeded to beat every trainer with just his totodile till it evolved into Croconaw! With Croconaws help he took down team rocket and beat Silver before heading into the Ilex forest. After rescuing this annoying kids hoothoot. He took on Bugsy whose Scyther was almost to much for Croconaw to handle alone. But we remained unbeaten, heading back into the Ilex forest Croconaw put his head to use until we could find a Pineco. After many unsuccessful attempts to capture it thanks to Self destruct we finally caught one and named it Piney! We trained enough to head towards Golden rod city. We took on Whitney whose clefairys stood no match for Piney. Miltank was persistent enough to beat the crap out of my croconaw after attract and at least 5-6 milk drinks. I switched in for Piney and after 1-2 super potions I was able to withstand attract(Piney is a girl) and beat miltank with it's high defense.

Shines I own/owned: Drifblim, Golurk, Bannette

Help me hatch my above eggs! ^

I made it into Kanto and all the way through Victory Road this morning.

My first opponent was Will. I had no problem beating him at all. Nearly all of my Pokemon seemed to have a counter to every one of his. But Mismagius and Bellossom did most of the work. Actually Mismagius did pretty much all of the work except Slowbro, which Bellossom took care of with a couple of SolarBeams.

Koga was up next. He was much tougher than Will because for some reason his Crobat managed to hit me every time even though it was paralyzed. I eventually won that battle with just 1 Pokemon left. Once again Mismagius did most of the work there since it knew Psybeam, and is the fastest of my Pokemon. I believe Ninetales had to finish off Forretress.

After that, there was Bruno. He wasn't much harder than Will but he managed to take out 4 of my 6 Pokemon. He took them out because I was just setting some things up for one of my other Pokemon (Mismagius again), who managed to beat all but 1 of his Pokemon with Psybeam.

Then came Karen. I managed to get her down to just 1 Pokemon left, and that was Houndoom. I sent out my last Pokemon, Feraligatr. Feraligator took out over half of its health with Surf. Next, Houndoom used Nasty Plot to raise its stats. Then I used Surf again on Houndoom but it missed! Then I healed up and got OHKO'd by Dark Pulse :/

I don't recall saving before that battle but I think I did.

About 1.3 hours later after beating Karen...

OH MY GOD. So when I was battling Lance, he was down to Dragonite lvl 50 and Charizard. I was down to Feraligatr and Mismagius. Mismagius was fully healed and had a Choice Scarf, ready to jump in if needed. Lance had his Dragonite out and I had Feraligatr. I froze it once and it thawed immediately. Then it almost beat my Feraligatr with Outrage, he had like 19 HP left. Dragonite became confused. I was almost praying to GOD at that point for confusion damage.

So I used my LAST healing item... on the next turn, Dragonite hurt itself due to confusion and I manged to freeze it with an Ice Fang. Then I hit it again, then again, and it fainted. It didn't thaw out at all this time. Then Lance sent out Charizard, it hit Feraligatr with Air Slash (luckily it wasn't a critical hit or flinch). Then I hit it with Surf, again got hit with Air Slash, then 1 more Surf later and I win! Yay!

But now it's time to put HeartGold down for a while before going into Kanto. I'm going to be starting Platinum over soon.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 29th July 2013 at 9:30 PM.

After I defeated my rival at Victory Road, I arrived outside of the Pokemon League building. I walked inside and I healed my Pokemon there then I purchased some items at the mart counter. I headed outside again after that since I had a lot of training to do, which is my least favorite part of the game. I headed back inside of Victory Road and I battled wild Pokemon there although that was really tedious and the Pokemon inside weren't exactly strong. I kept at it for at least 45 minutes but I left the cave after that and I flew back to Goldenrod City. I used the Global Terminal to trade Pokemon, then I headed south to Route 34 to pick up the Pokemon I had left in the Day Care. I flew to Cianwood City and saved.

Well, I caught Geodude as Baoba requested but I also caught some other Pokémon from the Safari (Jigglypuff, Clefairy and Marill - I didn't even had Marill in my previous game). I was a little disappointed that I couldn't do anything else at the Safari at that moment but I will return later when Baoba calls me so I can modify my Safari - a feature I never used in my previous game. After this short trip to the Safari I flew around a bit collecting Apricorns, drawing accessories etc. but I decided to go against Jasmine because I thought she wouldn't be that bad since I had already beaten Chuck and their Pokémon are around same level. So I went to the Olivine City and to the Gym where I was really disappointed since I could not fight with the trainers! Oh well, let's encounter the Gym leader anyway...

The first two Mangemites were rather easy to take down and my Quilava and Nidorino did a good job winning then. But then. Lv35 Steelix. Really? Oh well, I had my Lv30 Wartortle with attacks Surf and Water Spout so... it took one Water Spout and two Surfs to beat Jasmine's Steelix (she used one Hyper Potion after my Water Spout). So it really wasn't that hard but I really was a little surprised when I saw its level. Oh well, a sweet victory and a brand new badge with TM23 Iron Tail. So next I could reach Mahogany Town (well, I could have done that before but... I wanted to battle them in a "right" order!) and Ice Pokémon trainer Pryce.

First I went to Mt Mortar but after a short exploration I realized I couldn't really adventure there just yet without Rock Climb and Waterfall so I just surfed forward and explored the other side of the mountain as well. I also saw Suicune but I didn't have a Pokémon who knew Cut with me then so I decided to return for it. My Haunter had also reached Lv30 so I traded with my boyfriend to get Gengar which I now have. I returned with my Rattata and used Cut to meet Suicune (and Eusine) again. I continued, battled some trainers and reached Mahogany Town. So next to the Lake of Rage and to some exploration because...

...I just checked and realized that I CAN use Strenght now... nice. How I hadn't realized this before? Well, I explored the Dark Cave and some of the Route 46 and I explored the Slowpoke Well as well. Next I'm up to Union Cave and then the parts of Mt Mortar I can reach with Pokémon who knows Strenght. Seriously, ARGH!

Current Team
    Anthony Lv29
    Cassie Lv30
    Elyon Lv29
    Blaise Lv30
    Tyrion Lv29
    Greene Lv30

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGligar View Post
    Bout to start a new game I need a Magmar and a Munchlax however. Does anyone have those they could trade over to me?
    Yea I have both. But idk where to even start to trade them to you. I picked up this game 1 month ago after last playing silver 12+ years ago. I jus beat e4 for the 3 rd time training for red stocking pokemon for platinum and beyond. I'm gonna play them all the way thru from heart gold. Also any advice from members is appreciated and welcomed.

So I decided to battle Sabrina today and her Espeon beat all 6 of my Pokemon in one hit, lol. Well except for Ninetales because of high Sp. Def. but it only had 2HP left so it was almost a OHKO.

I visited the Safari Zone west of Cianwood City, then I battled some Pokemon in the tall grass on Routes 47 and 48, but that didn't help my team much so I flew back to Victory Road. I continued to train my Pokemon against the wild Pokemon in the cave and after an hour I thought they were leveled up properly, so I returned to the Pokemon League building. I stocked up on Revives and Full Restores, then I entered Will's room. I challenged him and I used my Ampharos against his two Xatu and I beat both with ThunderPunch. I used Meganium's Petal Dance against Will's Slowbro, then Magmar's Lava Plume against Will's Jynx. Finally, I used my Pidgeot's Aerial Ace against his Exeggutor and I saved after I beat it.

Hm, I've actually stumbled upon quite a respectable accomplishment in my HeartGold game. It started with the realization that my in-game team needed a change. I had one too many special attackers, so I felt I needed to replace one with a physical attacker. My first thought was to how I searched tirelessly for Exeggcute at the beginning of the game, and thinking then how I could've given up that search and trained a Forretress instead. Rethinking that decision now, I opted for Scizor instead of Forretress to replace Exeggutor. Sadly, the Bug-Catching contest is tomorrow, and there's no guarantee that I'd even find a Scyther, let alone capture what one I did encounter, due to the Sport Balls' inability to keep anything contained. Ergo, a trade with Platinum version was in order.

I set out to find a Scyther on Rte. 210-S, and caught a female with Technician and Quiet nature. I decided to train it, so I nicknamed it Li-Mei and started the item spam. After vitamining it, candying it, TMing it, PP Maxing it, and hunting Magnemites to steal a Metal Coat to evolve it, I just had Bug Bite left to teach it. After scouring the Platinum move tutors, the move reminder, and for a Sinnoh-Dex Pokmon who can breed Bug Bite onto Scizor, I came up empty, so I looked up Scizor's egg moves on Serebii's website. Turns out, Scizor only learns Bug Bite from HGSS move tutors, which cost BP... :\

I've always dreaded doing stuff like the Battle Tower, Battle Frontier, Battle Subway, etc., because I was led to believe back in Crystal, that all the trainers in such places have competition-inspired, EV-trained, IV-bred teams ready to whoop my nooblet, AR-hacking keister all over the professional court. I have tried them in the past, but had been quickly blasted into next week by the second or third trainer in the first batch. In an attempt to reassure myself that it's not as bad as I think it is, I psyched up on the notion that I could just pound on the first few trainers and grind BP a little at a time.

When I started my first challenge at the Battle Tower, I found that the first few batches of trainers were rather easy. A bit disappointed at the need to beat 7 trainers for a measley 3 BP, I shook off the shock and eventually gathered another 3 BP. In my bursting confidence, I continued to take the challenges and keep on farming BP. To my surprise and chagrin, I found myself challenged by Palmer after the third batch. O_O I braced for annihilation and accepted the challenge.

First turn, Palmer sent out Rhyperior while I sent out Ampharos, but I switched out to Feraligatr and ate an EQ. Waterfall got flinch-hax for the 2HKO. I had been getting flinch-hax a lot the entire Tower run, so I was ecstatic that my luck was holding out into the Brain fight. Next, Palmer sent out Dragonite and Feraligatr used Ice Punch, which it somehow survived (upon review of the video, Yache Berry was not involved.) Dragonite KO'ed Gatr with Aerial Ace, but Amphy picked up the spare with Power Gem, altho she ate a D-Claw first. Then, Palmer's Milotic nailed Amphy with Ice Beam, taking her down to 1HP, but tasted searing Thunderbolt vengeance before Amphy's Life Orb took her last tick of health. All I had left was my Houndoom, all alone against a much stronger opponent. Doom hit with Dark Pulse and ate a Surf, but hung on with Focus Sash and picked up the win, the Silver Print, a trophy for my bedroom at home, and a whopping 20 BP! I recorded the battle video and kept battling, but I lost in the 2nd trainer of the following batch. I tried again, gained 6 more BP, and rematched Palmer, who quite unceremoniously trounced me due to my poor team selection.

It was after this that I miscounted my BP, thinking I was one short of teaching Scizor Bug Bite, so I went for another round of lowbie trainers and got an extra 3 BP that I'll probably never use. But, at least my Scizor is lookin' deadlier (and *cough* a touch sexier, too! :X There's just something beautifully deadly about that sprite's pose. Careful, she bites--HARD! >:3)

Pally's HeartGold Team

Ampharos, aka. Ampere (F)@Life Orb
    Static
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast
    -Power Gem
    -Signal Beam
    Focus Blast had exceptional accuracy throughout my entire Battle Tower expedition, only missing a few non-critical times.

Espeon, aka. Azimov (M)@Wise Glasses
    Synchronize
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Signal Beam
    -Calm Mind
    Sorry, Espy, but when I started with you, I often lost you due to your poor type coverage. I'll keep you on backup from now on.

Houndoom, aka. Lucien (M)@Focus Sash
    Flash Fire
    -Flamethrower
    -Dark Pulse
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Nasty Plot
    I had been using Sludge Bomb for the lulz, but found it extremely useless from a strategic standpoint.

Feraligatr, aka. Poseidon (M)@Muscle Band
    Torrent
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Punch
    -Superpower
    -Return
    Good power, yet somehow not strong enough to OHKO a Dragonite with Ice Punch. How u do dat, Palmer? U hax!

Scizor, aka. Li-Mei (F)@Occa Berry
    Technician
    -Bug Bite
    -Bullet Punch
    -Aerial Ace
    -Rock Smash
    I had been using Metal Claw over Bullet Punch, but the one time I needed Bullet Punch and didn't have it, it cost me the match. Don't diss the Smash, either. It saved my bacon a lot in the Tower.

Tyranitar, aka. Tyrannus (M)@Choice Band
    Sand Stream
    -Rock Slide
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage
    Fairly standard annihilator. Sand really helps, especially when Scizor tags in to clean up.
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 1st August 2013 at 6:19 PM. Reason: Moveset alterations, Palmer battle details revised, commentary on team members added.

I am going through Heart Gold again.I just beat team rocket in Goldenrod, and I'm about to fly to Mahogany and make my way to Balckthorne. My team right now consists of Feraligatr, Noctowl, Machamp, and Nidoking. They are all at level 38, thanks to an extra lucky egg I traded over from Soul Silver. I hope to have my four main pokemon at at least level 40 for Clair. She'll be tough, that's for sure.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

I'll be gone on vacation until I get home sometime Sunday the 28th. Sorry guys.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

After beating Will in his chamber, I headed over to Koga's room next and I challenged him. I used my Pidgeot against his Ariados and I won with Aerial Ace, then I used Ampharos against Koga's Crobat and I beat it with Thunderbolt. I switched to Magmar and I used Flamethrower to defeat Koga's Forretress and Venomoth. I switched to Jynx afterwards and I had her use Psychic to beat Koga's Muk. I healed some of my Pokemon with Super Potions and I went into Bruno's room next. I used Jynx's Psychic against Bruno's Hitmontop and Hitmonchan, then I used Pidgeot against his Machamp and Hitmonlee. I defeated both with Fly, then I switched to Meganium and I beat Bruno's Onix with Petal Dance. I then saved.

Page 343 of 377 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353 ... LastLast