Page 349 of 376 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,725 of 9378

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

Decided to go up to Route 46 and catch a Geodude, before facing going up to Violet city. My Cyndaquil is lvl 9 and Geodude is lvl 2. Looking to train Geodude to lvl 11 before facing the gym. I named the Geodude Rocky and will name the Cyndaquil Blaze later on. I might catch a Zubat, Mareep, and Pidgey later on in the game. I am working my way to Violet now.
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*
    Credit to Inferno Productions

The Five Region Challenge...

Part 2: Johto

You know, I was on my 3DS all day, no idea how I did it, but I have managed to beat the second region in my five-region challenge and that I have managed to do so within six days of starting it has made me ecstatic! But bloody hell; I was training all day to get everyone up to Lv70 before taking on the league again, which wasn't too bad, apart from Lance. After that, I trained and trained till everyone was Lv75 and I took on Red. God knows how I beat him, but I did to conclude the second region. Here is my final update for Johto:

Johto - Day 6

+ Flew Magenta around the various routes so I could train the few Pokemon up that weren't yet at Lv60
    + Caught Zapdos and defeated Suicune so I could get every gym leaders number
    + Manipulated the clock so I could get the numbers of every single gym leader bar Blue (Who I just didn't need and would take too long to get anyway)
    + Was painstaking and took all bloody day but I finally trained everyone to Lv70. If you're interested, I trained Magenta on Chuck and Bugsy, Azure on Blaine, Cyan on Faulkner, Harlequin on Erika, Carmine on Surge and Shade on Sabrina.
    + Prepared for E4 Round 2

+ E4 Round 2: Will: Bronzong fell to several Surfs from Azure, before Gardevoir fell to Harlequin's Bug Buzz. Bug Buzz also took care of Slowbro, before Xatu was able to outspeed Cyan and confuse him. Cyan broke through confusion to OHKO Xatu with Discharge. Shade 2HKOed Grumpig with Shadow Ball, getting hurt with Power Gem on the way before Harlequin rounded off a good start by finishing Jynx with Bug Buzz. 1 Down!

+ E4 Round 2: Koga: Carmine started off by OHKOing Skuntank with EQ in spite of getting Toxiced. Crobat was sent out next and also managed to Toxic Cyan, but got decimated by Discharge. Toxicroak fell to Magenta's Extrasensory before Magenta had a massive Stall War with Swalot as Sludge Bomb poisoned Magenta and nearly took him out, but Extrasensory and a crit Air Slash saved the day. Magenta had enough to take out Venomoth as well with Air Slash, before Carmine broke through Muk's Swagger confusion to bring it down with EQ. 2 Down!

+ E4 Round 2 Bruno: Bruno had previously given me the most trouble first time around, but he was far better this time. Magenta took out Hitmontop with Air Slash, before it fell to a Machamp for the third time thanks to Stone Edge. Luckily, Harlequin took over and was excellent. Air Slash finished off Machamp and Hitmonchan before Hitmonlee's Blaze Kick (a crit, naturally) nearly, nearly took it out, but Air Slash also brought down Hitmonlee. I switched to Carmine to OHKO Lucario with Dynamic Punch. Finally, there was nothing Hariyama could do as Air Slash finished off Bruno. 3 Down!

+ E4 Round 2: Karen: Another pretty easy victory as Weavile started off by getting KOed from Carmine's Dynamicpunch. Azure moved in to defeat Spritomb with a few Surfs, before Umbreon tried to be stubborn and survived a few Dynamicpunchs, but Carmine prevailed. Cyan defeated Honchkrow with Discharge, before Absol fell to Harlequin's Bug Buzz. Finally Azure survived a Dark Pulse to take out Houndoom and give me the victory. E4 BEATEN!

+ E4 Round 2: Champion Lance: Oh Lance... I very nearly lost this battle thanks several ridiculous instances of hax, mostly from his bloody Gyarados... In the end, I managed to win, though I nearly did lose it. Firstly, Salamence's Flamethrower damaged Shade but he survived to OHKO Salamence with Ice Beam. I switched to Cyan who destroyed Charizard with Power Gem. Next up was Garchomp, so I moved to Azure who I hoped would be able to KO it with Ice Beam... No, and Outrage KOed Azure. Luckily, Harlequin came in to finish off Garchomp with Bug Buzz. And then Gyarados. Oh Lordy, this thing got lucky. It started by paralysing Cyan with Thunder Wave and then on three successive turns Cyan couldn't move for Paralysis. Gyarados DDed and then 2HKOed Cyan with Waterfall. No matter. I switched to Sacrifical Lamb Magenta and healed Cyan up again. Gyarados DDed again before defeating Magenta and then he Paralysed Cyan. You know what happened... Cyan's fully paralysed... > And then he used Waterfall; Cyan survived, but he flinched. I couldn't believe it at this point. Though Static Paralysed Gyarados, he DDed a third time whilst I was healing Cyan and at this point, I honestly thought I would lose. However, when Cyan rejoined the battle, it scored an OHKO with Discharge. THANK. GOD. FOR. THAT! I switched to Shade (Who was on low health at this point), gambling that it could outspeed and OHKO Altaria with Ice Beam, which thankfully it did. And then, I thought Why Not? and tried to Ice Beam Dragonite. To my surprise it outsped it and OHKOed it. I had won! I had beaten the upgraded E4!

+ After the credits, I returned to Saffron City to resume training.
    + Trained everyone up to Lv75, using the same gym leaders.
    + Got all my money off my Mom and spent over P500,000 on Repels and healing items (SPOILERS: I wouldn't really need them)
    + Traveled to Mt. Silver and climbed up it to face Red.
    + Saved the game and drew breath...

+ Champion Red: Red, obviously started off with Pikachu, but I had Carmine and Quick Claw at the ready. Quick Claw activated and Carmine scored an OHKO on Pikachu with EQ! Good Start! Next up was the Charizard so I switched to Cyan to take it out with Power Gem. Though Cyan survived Flare Blitz, he wasn't able to take out Charizard in one with Power Gem, even with the Hail and he eventually fell. Azure took over and survived Flare Blitz to beat Charizard with Surf. Venusaur was next up, so I switched to Shade, hoping to take advantage of Slow Cloak. Shade started well, but when Venusaur was close to fainting, Giga Drain nearly killed Shade so I had to keep healing to stay alive. Realising that this defeated the purpose as Venusaur was slowly healing with Giga Drain, I risked not healing and used Ice Beam, as Giga Drain finally missed and Ice Beam finished off Venusaur. Three Down! Next up was Blastoise and I started with Harlequin hoping to survive whatever attack it used to Solarbeam him. Sadly, he got OHKOed by a Blizzard. I used Magenta as a Sacrificial Lamb again so I could heal Cyan. Cyan came back and thanks to a couple of Discharges and Hail, Blastoise soon fell. Snorlax, the one I was dreading was next, but I switched to Carmine who first survived Blizzard and then get pummeling him with Dynamicpunch until Snorlax yielded. Finally, it was Carmine v Lapras. Carmine used Dynamicpunch. It just, just didn't kill it... but Lapras hurt itself in confusion to hand me the win. I HAD DONE IT! THE SECOND REGION WAS COMPLETE

Well, it was tougher than the first, but that was mainly due to horrendous training facilities. It really hurts the gameplay in my view. I am delighted I managed to finish it in six days though; Really happy about that. Most Improved Pokemon was Harlequin the Yanmega who was a nightmare to train before the League, but by learning Air Slash and Bug Buzz, he morphed into one of my favourites. My MVP though (which was a very close race) was won by Carmine the Machamp for his role in defeating Red and being a powerful influence from when I got him onwards. I think No Guard is my favourite thing ever now! Close seconds were Azure the Politoed, Harlequin the Yanmega and Shade the Froslass.

My Final Team:

Magenta - Noctowl Lv75
    Adamant Male
    Air Slash
    Fly
    Uproar
    Extrasensory

Azure - Politoed Lv75
    Quirky Female
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Hyper Voice
    Psychic

Cyan - Ampharos Lv75
    Timid Male
    Discharge
    Power Gem
    Signal Beam
    Rock Climb

Harlequin - Yanmega Lv75
    Quirky Male
    Solarbeam
    Bug Buzz
    Air Slash
    AncientPower

Carmine - Machamp Lv75
    Bashful Female
    Rock Slide
    Strength
    Dynamicpunch
    Earthquake

Shade - Froslass Lv75
    Bashful Female
    Ice Fang
    Shadow Ball
    Crunch
    Ice Beam

And so completes the Second Region! I need to catch some sleep now but Hoenn will begin tomorrow! Good Night!
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

I entered Union Cave after training my Pokemon in the grass around Route 32. I battled some Geodude and Onix as soon as I arrived in the cavern, and I also spotted some trainers that I battled against. I couldn't access the important parts of Union Cave yet, so once I had battled all the trainers there I just headed out. I arrived at Route 33 east of Azalea Town. I battled a Hiker there and then I collected some Apricorns. I walked through the rain and I arrived near the Slowpoke Well eventually. I couldn't actually enter the Well yet since Team Rocket was blocking access to it, so I went to the Pokemon Center in Azalea Town and then I bought some items. I visited Kurt's house next and I got a White Apricorn outside.

I beat all of the rocket grunts and burglars in the underground path, beat the rocket admins, and caught a poliwag on the route east of Mahagony which I named Spade Foot.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I spoke to Kurt inside his house and he ran off to stop Team Rocket's illegal operation on his own. I headed to the Pokemon Center one last time in order to swap Pokemon, then I went inside the Slowpoke Well as well. I met Kurt there and he couldn't proceed since he was injured. It was up to me to stop Team Rocket so I began to battle against the Team Rocket grunts inside using mostly Geodude and Pidgey. I eventually arrived at Executive Proton's spot and I challenged him. Mareep defeated his Zubat and I used Cyndaquil against his Koffing. He and the other Team Rocket members after that, and I obtained a Fast Ball at Kurt's house. I gave him two Black Apricorns to work on afterwards and then I saved.

After many months since my last failed Nuzlocke challenge, I have decided to try a HeartGold Nuzlocke once again!

My previous attempt involved an embarrassing wipe at the hands of Bugsy's Scyther due to a lack of any catches really, through a combination of nothing new appearing and them constantly fainting. This time hopefully things will go somewhat differently!

So I started yesterday and I'm making good progress. Since I work night shifts, whenever I play before and after work it's always night time, and I'm not willing to wait for day for a specific Pokemon to appear, so I'm getting mostly night-time appearing Pokemon. My trainer ID ends in 9 so I wound up picking Totodile as my starter, fine by me.

Along my way to the first gym I acquired several new potential team members in a Hoothoot, Geodude, Rattata, Spinarak, Zubat, Gastly and Wooper. I could only pick five of these seven for use on my team alongside Totodile. Spinarak was going to be next to useless in a Flying gym, and I'd previously used a Zubat/Crobat in my successful Ruby Nuzlocke challenge, so those two were relegated to benchwarmers. I put a lot of hours into training my rag tag team, until Hoothoot learned Peck (for Sprout Tower), and Geodude learned Rock Throw (for the gym).

The gym scared me but it was little to no bother with my main man Igneous the Geodude ploughing through every Pokemon in the gym. A solid acquisition and current ace of my team.

I've just come out in Azalea Town, the scene of my previous shame. But I'm feeling much more confident this time. On the way I also nabbed an Onix and an Oddish. Whilst Onix would be useful for the upcoming gym, I'm putting faith in my current team to see the job through, especially with Geodude. Plus, I don't really want two Pokemon with exactly the same typing on my team, and honestly I can't be bothered to level anything else up. I sense Oddish could be useful for later, but I won't use it for the gym so it's benched for now. The next task is Slowpoke Well, and then Bugsy. Definitely need to train beforehand though.

Current Team:

Buck lvl.11
    Quick Attack
    Tail Whip
    Bite
    Focus Energy

Chompers lvl.13
    Scratch
    Leer
    Water Gun
    Bite

Eves lvl.12
    Lick
    Hypnosis
    Spite
    Mean Look

Grinzy lvl.12
    Water Gun
    Tail Whip
    Mud Sport
    Mud Shot

Scowl lvl.12
    Peck
    Tackle
    Foresight
    Hypnosis

Igneous lvl.13
    Rock Throw
    Defense Curl
    Tackle
    Rock Polish

Deaths: 0
    Badges: 1

As a random side note, I have not had Hypnosis miss at all on either Hoothoot or Gastly, and I've used it at least ten times. A good omen. Now I've jinxed it, of course.
    Last edited by The Benmeister; 25th September 2013 at 4:34 AM.

I visited Union Cave again in order to train my Pokemon for the upcoming Azalea Town Gym battle. I headed to Kurt's house after that in order to pick up my Heavy Balls, then I went to the Poke Mart to buy some items. I visited the local Gym after that and I was able to enter it now that the Slowpoke crisis was over. I had to move around in those little Spinarak carts and I battled against the Gym trainers. I eventually reached Bugsy's spot at the back of the Gym and I battled him. I used my newly-evolved Quilava against his Scyther, but it used U-turn. I defeated Bugsy's Metapod and Kakuna with Quilava's Ember, then I used Geodude's Rock Throw to beat Scyther. I obtained the Hive Badge and U-turn TM afterwards.

I got through the ice tunnel and caught a swinub. Now I need to get Johnny to lv 38 then I will probably battle Claire.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I healed my Pokemon at the Azalea Town Pokemon Center and swapped Wooper with Slowpoke on the PC after my Gym battle against Bugsy. I knew that my rival would challenge me when I went towards the Ilex Forest gatehouse and predictably, I encountered him there. I defeated his Gastly with Pidgeotto, then I used my newly-caught Slowpoke against his Zubat. I defeated Zubat with Confusion, then I used Mareep against Croconaw. After beating my rival, I healed my Pokemon once more and I entered Ilex Forest. I had to find the two missing Farfetch'd in the forest before I could get the Cut HM from the cutting master. I wandered around until I got them back to their owners and then I saved after getting Cut.

I decided to get my team to lv 40 before battling Claire since her kingdra is lv 41. I beat the trainers in the gym and on the route to the south and caught a gligar which I named Scorpius. I might use her if Lock Jaw dies.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I taught Cut to my Oddish and I cut down the small tree in front of the forest shrine. I continued to wander around the forest and I met the guy who could teach Headbutt to Pokemon. I made use of his services and I used Headbutt on random trees around the forest. I found and caught a Pineco using that method, and I headed north until I met another Kimono Girl on the path. I spoke to her and she left the forest afterwards. I exited Ilex Forest from the northern exit after that and I arrived at Route 34. I battled some trainers and caught a Drowzee in the tall grass. I met Ethan near the Day Care and he introduced me to the old couple there. I left Oddish to train at the Day Care and I wandered northward.

In the first time after a long hiatus, I started in Ectureak City on HeartGold. As I had been looking for a fire type to add to my team for a long time, I decided to stop looking for a Houndour on the Pokewalker and go with an old friend, Growlithe. It took two Pokeballs to catch my new team member, and afterwards, nicknamed it Pyrrhon.

This morning, while training Pyrrhon, I decided to go in for the Bug-Catching contest. However, I quickly noticed that a lot of Pokémon were much higher levelled than him, and quickly, not wanting him to faint, caught a level 18 Weedle. Forget trying to win... I just wanted to get out of there. Even so, I surprisingly got third place. Quite satisfying, if I do say so myself.

Team so far:
    Pyrrhon, level 14
    Sekhmet, level 22
    Discord, level 27
    Omega, level 21
    Nutmeg, level 22
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

I entered the Bug Catching Contest to get a Caterpie for my White 2 Pokedex tonight, and the fifth or so Pokemon I encountered was...Shiny Silcoon! All it took was one False Swipe from Scyther, and now he's mine!

This is only the second Shiny I've caught since the 2nd gen - I caught a Shiny Zigzagoon in Sapphire last month, which was literally my first Shiny in about six years. Talk about luck! Also funny that they're both Hoenn Pokemon at the beginning of the Hoenn 'Dex, haha.

~Psychic

I finally arrived in Goldenrod City after visiting the Day Care Center on Route 34. I headed into the local Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon, then I visited the Bike Shop and I obtained a Bicycle there. I had to ride it around in order to help promote the Bike Shop, then I visited the Department Store and I purchased items there. I went to the underground path of the city and I battled trainers down there. I returned to the surface of the city and I visited the Radio Tower. I spoke to a person inside and took a survey. I obtained the radio app on my Pokegear after completing that, and Whitney returned to her Gym. I visited the Game Corner, then I went into the Goldenrod City Gym and I saved before battling trainers.

I beat Claire with out any losses, got through the cave, got my dratini which I named Yamato, got my masterball, beat the Kimono girls but I lost Lock Jaw and Electro to 2 stupid criticals DX Now I'm using Yamato and Scorpius instead.
    Current team:
    Marina the ambipom lv 41
    Johnny the slowking lv 40
    Tsubasa the umbreon lv 40
    Spike the ariados lv 40
    Yamato the dratini lv 18
    Scorpius the gligar lv 24

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I beat Claire with out any losses, got through the cave, got my dratini which I named Yamato, got my masterball, beat the Kimono girls but I lost Lock Jaw and Electro to 2 stupid criticals DX Now I'm using Yamato and Scorpius instead.
    Current team:
    Marina the ambipom lv 41
    Johnny the slowking lv 40
    Tsubasa the umbreon lv 40
    Spike the ariados lv 40
    Yamato the dratini lv 18
    Scorpius the gligar lv 24

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Once inside the Goldenrod City Gym I battled against the female Gym trainers inside and I was able to defeat them all and clear the path to Whitney's spot. I had to leave though, in order to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I headed back to the Goldenrod City Gym afterwards and I battled Whitney inside. I used my Flaaffy against her Clefairy and I defeated it, then I switched to Slowpoke. I thought it would be a good match against Whitney's Miltank, but Rollout was too much. I used Geodude instead and I was able to endure most of Miltank's hits. I had trouble with Attract though, so I switched to Pidgeotto to deliver the finishing blow. Whitney cried when I beat her, but then she gave me the Plain Badge.

I caught ho-oh and named it Fawks, beat all of the trainers on the route before the victory road, beat my rival, and am now at the pokemon league. I will get my team to lv 45 and evolve Scorpius before battling the elite 4.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

After getting the Plain Badge and the Attract TM from Whitney after she threw a temper tantrum, I left the Goldenrod City Gym and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I spent some of the money that I earned at the Gym on products at the local Department Store, then I visited the flower shop and obtained the Squirtbottle key item that would come in handy later on. I left Goldenrod City and I arrived at Route 35. I battled some trainers as I made my way north and I stopped by the tall grass in order to battle against wild Pokemon. After catching a male Nidoran I entered the National Park gate and I wandered over to the Pokeathlon. I met Magnus outside and then I saved inside of the Pokeathlon Dome.

Benmeister's Pokemon HeartGold Nuzlocke Challenge

So I decided I could be bothered to raise Onix after all. Not wanting three quad weaknesses to Grass, I replaced Wooper as I already had a Water type.

I trained for a bit and then took on Slowpoke Well. My dupe clause allows myself up to three encounters to find something new, and after two Zubat my third encounter thankfully was a Slowpoke, which I nabbed. If the worst is to happen to Chompers the Totodile or Grinzy the Wooper, I'll have it as my replacement.

After taking down Team Rocket for the first of many times, I took on the gym, looking to get revenge on Bugsy, who ended my previous attempt at a HeartGold Nuzlocke before it could even get started. As it turns out I got all hyped for nothing. Once again my ace Igneous the Geodude was the star, and by star I mean it sweeped the entire gym, setting up on Rock Polishes and Defense Curls before destroying everything with Rock Throw. Badge acquired.

Now I need to take on my rival. Even with Scowl the Hoothoot, his Bayleef will worry me, so I might decide to use Zubat in place or Onix or something. I really would love to use a Steelix eventually, but I need to replace one of my Rock/Ground types, and well...Geodude is awesome.

This is what I often find happens, there are Pokemon that are statistically better that may be able to replace your current Pokemon, but darnit, Geodude's my buddy, and we're already too attatched for me to just leave him behind. And that is why I love Nuzlocke challenges, the 'bonding'. It's supposed to be an emotional rollercoaster and series of dilemas. Sucks that I raised Onix only to probably get rid of it though. But should the worst happen to my ace Igneous, we have an excellent brother-in-arms willing to take the mantle. And who knows, if I can somehow get a Metal Coat soon we may have Tremor the Onix back sooner than we think.

EDIT: Hmm, actually with the Normal type gym coming up, Onix might still have some use!

Team:

Chompers lvl.15
    Scratch
    Scary Face
    Water Gun
    Bite

Eves lvl.15
    Lick
    Hypnosis
    Night Shade
    Mean Look

Igneous lvl.17
    Rock Throw
    Defense Curl
    Magnitude
    Rock Polish

Scowl lvl.15
    Peck
    Uproar
    Foresight
    Hypnosis

Tremor lvl.15
    Rock Throw
    Harden
    Bind
    Screech

Buck lvl.15
    Quick Attack
    Pursuit
    Bite
    Focus Energy

Deaths: 0
    Badges: 2
    Last edited by The Benmeister; 29th September 2013 at 2:15 AM.

After wandering around the Pokeathlon Dome and talking to people inside, I headed out and I spoke with people outside of the Dome as well. I headed over to National Park afterwards and I battled against some trainers in the tall grass around there. I picked up some items including a Quick Claw that some girl handed me, then I exited the park through the eastern gatehouse. I arrived at Route 36 and I collected a Blue Apricorn from a tree, then I battled some trainers and I arrived next to the tree that was blocking the route to Ecruteak City. I sprinkled some water from the Squirtbottle on it and it attacked. I battled the Sudowoodo and I caught it in a Great Ball. I visited Violet City in order to heal my team.

OMG

I finally bred a triple 31 bulbasaur!

31 hp inherited from the father
    31 speed inherited from the mother
    31 special attack random value

When I checked his stats I actually froze with my eyes wide and then checked another four times and I still almost can't believe it.

Of course, his nature is completely horrible, but he is going to be a perfect addition to my breeding project. I dashed out to catch a timid ditto (and cought a random double 31 attack and 31 defence ditto at the same time woo), showed Bill's grandad a lickitung and stuck my new triple 31 bulbasaur in the daycare with the timid ditto and everstone.

Only 12 days to go till I hit the time limit, but I'm getting closer!

I swapped Pokemon at the Violet City Pokemon Center after healing my Pokemon there, then I wandered back to Route 36. I headed north to Route 37 and I battled a couple of trainers there. I also picked a Red, Blue, and Black Apricorn off the trees there and I caught a wild Stantler in the tall grass. I arrived in Ecruteak City shortly afterwards and I visited the Pokemon Center as I usually do when I arrive at a new town. I meet Bill there and then I healed my Pokemon. I explored the town and I obtained the Dowsing Machine inside one of the houses. I headed south to Goldenrod City afterwards and I visited Bill's house. I got a gift Eevee from him, which I left at the Day Care Center on Route 34. I then saved.

Today I evolved my prized Lombre into Ludicolo, I was thinking of teaching him Focus Punch but his Attack stat is a little underwhelming. I'm not sure if I should transfer over Ludicolo to Black 2, but while he is on Soul Silver I am going to train him I little.
    Riding the Omega Ruby Hype Train Choo Choo

I headed south to the Ilex Forest and after crossing through it I arrived at Azalea Town. I planned to use Headbutt on some of the trees south of the Gym in order to find a Heracross there. I did that for about five minutes until one finally showed up. I caught it and I headed back to Route 34 after crossing the Ilex Forest once more with Repels this time to avoid those annoying wild Pokemon. I left the Heracross at the Day Care Center to train along with Eevee, and I headed north again. I arrived in Ecruteak City once more and I visited the Burned Tower. I met Eusine the Suicune fanatic there and then I battled against my rival again. I battled some Firebreathers as well, then I saved the game before going down.

Page 349 of 376 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359 ... LastLast