Page 350 of 374 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360 ... LastLast
Results 8,726 to 8,750 of 9342

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

Arrived at Violet City with my Cyndaquil & Geodude. Was told at the Gym I have to go to Sprout Tower. So now I use this tower to train my Pokemon up. Always been good to have Geodude up to lvl 10 or 11 for the battle against Falkner. Reason is because of the move Rock Throw. Also I went ahead and made sure to catch a female Geodude for a gym battle later in the game. Usually, I ditch Geodude sometime after the 3rd badge. Due to rock types becoming useless or an HM Slave for Rock Smash, Rock Climb, & Strength. My team is:

lvl 10
    Rocky (Geodude)
    Tackle
    Defense Curl
    Mud Sport
    Rock Polish

lvl 10
    Blaze (Cyndaquil)
    Tackle
    Leer
    SmokeScreen
    Ember

Credit to Inferno Production!

I headed down to the Burned Tower's basement and I encountered the Legendary Beasts down there. I walked towards them but predictably, they all fled the tower. I headed back out after catching a wild Magmar and collecting items around the basement, and I healed my Pokemon. I went south to Route 37 once more in order to train my Pokemon some more for the upcoming Ecruteak City Gym battle. I battled against wild Pokemon for experience for about 30 minutes but I didn't think that training was enough so I went to Route 35 to train more. That wasn't much better though, so I focused on just leveling up my Pokemon any way I could and then I finally returned to Ecruteak City. I saved inside of the Gym there.

Beat Sprout Tower, healed my Pokemon, and started for the gym. Beat the gym trainers and then left, desided to catch a Mareep. So I caught the Mareep and trained it a bit. Then I went back to the gym and battle Falkner, an easy win with Thundershock and Rock Throw. After beating Falkner, got a call from Professor Elm. Went and got the egg from the guy at the Poke Mart, bought some Poke balls then left.

Credit to Inferno Production!

After beating Falkner, I got the egg and went to the Ruins of Alph. Smashed a few rocks, got a few shards and items. Took the shards to Violet City and traded them for berrys then headed for Bugsy.

Benmeister's HeartGold Nuzlocke Challenge

Having just trashed Bugsy, it was time to face my rival. I had concerns about his Bayleef, concerns which turned out to be accurate - making easy work of his Gastly with my Rattata, and his Zubat with my Geodude, his Bayleef was a whole different kettle of fish. Eves the Gastly proved to be very useful, being immune to Poisonpowder and resistant to Razor Leaf, but it wasn't without its scares - at one point a critical hit Razor Leaf knocked Eves down to 2HP! I feared a death at that point, and if Gastly had died, it was only my Hoothoot that would have been able to stand against it. Luckily for me I pulled through using paralysis and stalling Bayleef out of Synthesis.

Going through Ilex Forest, I lumped the Headbutt move tutor on all the Pokemon that could learn it, because, yaknow, Headbutt. Hoping to catch something on the above route, I was dismayed when an Abra appeared, because sure enough, it teleported away before I could catch it. Ah well.

I left some Pokemon in the daycare whilst I trained in Goldenrod. It was then that I started planning for the Goldenrod Gym, specifically that darned Miltank, which was potentially worrying me. I also could have done with a Fighting type against the Clefairy, but I didn't have one. I recalled that the Miltank knew Stomp, Rollout, Milk Drink and Attract (didn't look it up, honest!). For this, it turns out that my good chum Tremor the Onix, whom I was going to replace, was actually the perfect candidate for the job. Not only would it be able to resist Stomp and Rollout, but it was female, meaning Attract would have no effect. Awesome.

However, Eves the Gastly only has Ghost attacks, and Scowl the Hoothoot has a Rollout weakness, so upon re-evaluating my team choices, I decided to bench those two. Will they return later? Who knows. In their place I brought Dunce the Slowpoke and Oddball the Oddish. Slowpoke because not only was it more defensive, but also because it had Yawn, which could prove very useful against Miltank should the need arise. I also taught it Flash, because accuracy lowering might be useful. Oddish because it had Sleep Powder, so fairly similar reasons, and I also taught it Flash.

Upon training everyone for a bit, Chompers the Totodile evolved into Croconaw. First evolution of the run!

I decided to go up north after that and take on the trainers there. My encounter for the route above turned out to be a Nidoran F which I caught (and named Wench). Realising it had Double Kick, AND that it was female, I recruited it onto my team in place of Buck the Rattata, which sucked a bit because Rattata was and still is level 19, one level away from evolution, but it had low defences. After training her up she soon evolved into a Nidorina, hurrah! I also went into the Bug Catching Contest and caught a level 12 Metapod...hurrah.

Going through the gym, it was finally time to face up to Whitney. Once again I was worried beforehand, but once again it turned out to be much easier than expected. Nidorina quickly took down Clefairy, and Onix completely walled Miltank. A few Screeches and Headbutts and Miltank was down!

And that is where I last saved. The next gym is a Ghost gym and that seems quite ominous. Slowpoke isn't going to be great there, and neither are Nidorina or Oddish really. It looks as though Rattata may be brought back, an immunity to Ghost and attacks such as Bite and Sucker Punch. Hoothoot will probably also come back for the Ghost immunity. It's also tempting to use Zubat because it's fast and can learn Bite. Gastly will only really be useful if I get it to level 25 and evolve it right up into a Gengar...if I can manage that, I sense awesomeness.

But until then, I'm three badges in and no deaths...yet.

Team:

Igneous lvl.19
    Rock Throw
    Headbutt
    Magnitude
    Rock Polish

Dunce lvl.19
    Headbutt
    Confusion
    Yawn
    Flash

Chompers lvl.20
    Headbutt
    Scary Face
    Water Gun
    Bite

Tremor lvl.19
    Rock Throw
    Rock Tomb
    Headbutt
    Screech

Oddball lvl.19
    Absorb
    Acid
    Sleep Powder
    Flash

Wench lvl.19
    Poison Sting
    Scratch
    Double Kick
    Tail Whip

Badges: 3
    Deaths: 0

Inside of the Ecruteak City Gym I started battling against the Gym trainers inside while walking on a dark path. I was able to defeat them all without too much difficulty, but I headed out once more to train before challenging Gym Leader Morty. I wanted to train my Heracross and Slowpoke some more so I trained at Route 37 for about 20 minutes. After grinding there, I returned to the Gym. I battled Morty and I used my Slowpoke against his Gastly. Confusion was enough to beat it, then I used Quilava against Morty's Haunter and Gengar. Those matches lasted a while but I eventually beat both Pokemon with Flame Wheel. Only one Haunter was left, and I used my Pidgeotto to beat it. I then received the Fog Badge.

I finally beat the elite 4, however I lost marina, my ambipom to one of Lance's dragonites DX Now I'm in Vermillion city and decided to use Firedog, my growlith instead, don't ask, it's just a reference from my child hood XD. Elite 4 winning team:
    Spike the ariados lv 46
    Scorpius the gliscor lv 48 (the mvp of the fight with Lance)
    Tsubasa the umbreon lv 46
    Johnny the slowking lv 45
    Yamato the dragonair lv 45

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

After getting my paws on the Fog Badge and Shadow Ball TM at Morty's Gym, I headed out and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I bought some stuff at the local Poke Mart as well, then I visited the Dance Theater and I found a Team Rocket grunt harassing a Kimono Girl inside. I battled him and won easily, then I got the Surf HM from a man inside the theater. I taught Surf to Slowpoke and then I left Ecruteak City. I headed west to Route 38 and I battled some trainers in the area. I caught a wild Magnemite and a Farfetch'd in the tall grass, then I wandered into Route 39 and I met Safari Zone Warden Baoba there. I got his phone number and I visited MooMoo Farm and I fed the sick Miltank an Oran Berry.

So after trading shards for berries, I went through Route 32 and caught a Wooper, named it Sprout and trained it up by battling the trainers in the area. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center just before I went into Union Cave. I beat the trainers there and found my way out to Route 33. I battle the only trainer there and went to Azalea Town. I seen a guy arguing with a Team Rocket grunt, afterwards I went into town, healed my Pokemon, then went and talked to Kurt, which lead me to the Slowpoke Well, where I battled Team Rocket. After beating Team Rocket I saved the game.

Team:

Wooper (Sprout) lvl 12
    Water Gun
    Tail Whip
    Mud Sport
    Mud Shot

Geodude (Rocky) lvl 15
    Magnitude
    Rock Smash
    Rock Throw
    Rock Polish

Quilava (Blaze) lvl 16
    Tackle
    Quick Attack
    SmokeScreen
    Ember

Badges: 1
    Last edited by CGS; 3rd October 2013 at 5:01 AM.

I left MooMoo Farm after feeding the sick Miltank, and I headed south on Route 39. I battled a few more trainers and caught a wild Tauros in the tall grass, then I arrived at my destination: Olivine City. My rival showed up and told me about Jasmine's current situation, so I knew I couldn't access the Gym to battle her yet. I visited the local Pokemon Center to swap Pokemon, then I headed out to explore the city some more. I obtained a Good Rod from a Fishing Guru in town, then I spoke to people around town. I visited the Glitter Lighthouse after that and I started climbing it. I battled a few trainers and registered them in my Pokegear, then I headed higher into the lighthouse and I collected items as well.

So after beating Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well. I debated on training Wooper in the Well or battling the gym trainers. After a few mins, I decided to go ahead and battle the Gym trainers and get them out of the way. So I went across the web and battled them all. Then I went to the Pokemon Center and healed my Pokemon. Soon after I beat my rival then headed back into the gym. Then saved.

Team:

Wooper (Sprout) lvl 13
    Water Gun
    Tail Whip
    Mud Sport
    Mud Shot

Geodude (Rocky) lvl 15
    Magnitude
    Rock Smash
    Rock Throw
    Rock Polish

Quilava (Blaze) lvl 16
    Tackle
    Quick Attack
    SmokeScreen
    Ember

Badges: 1

I climbed the Glitter Lighthouse some more and I arrived at the top where Jasmine and Amphy were resting. I spoke to Jasmine there and she said she wouldn't return to the Olivine Gym until her Ampharos was better and I was supposed to bring her the SecretPotion item from Cianwood City to heal Ampharos. I went back down the tower on the elevator and I swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center before going to Route 40. I used Surf on the shore there and I battled some Swimmers as I made my way across the water. I Surfed all around the Whirl Islands in order to battle all the Swimmers and I eventually arrived at Cianwood City. I quickly gathered the SecretPotion and I visited some houses around town.

....sooooooo

109 bulbasaur later and I get this guy:

#1 Bulbasaur [Timid]
    IVs: 31 / 6 / 27 / 31 / 16 / 31
    Stats at Lv.100: 231|0 / 98|0 / 130|0 / 166|0 / 151|0 / 138|0

I guess I'm passed the breeding stage of my project and in to the training stage...

...what am I going to do with all these other bulbasaur??

I beat Brock and Misty and finally evolved Firedog and am now training him. Current team:
    Scorpius the gliscor lv 50
    Yamato the draganire lv 50
    Johnny the slowking lv 48
    Tsubasa the umbreon lv 50
    Spike the ariados lv 50
    Firedog the arcanine lv 46

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Ok, this is my first post in awhile, I've been inactive. I've been playing my SoulSilver, waiting on X & Y to be officially released.

I chose the boy even though I'm a girl and named him Mitsuki.
    Had a save file before this one.
    Well I just arrived in Goldenrod City with almost 8hrs. on the time.
    This is the team so far:

Inoue [M] Lv. 17
    Rocky [M] Lv. 18
    Kaoru [M] Lv. 17
    Iris [M] Lv. 18

3DS FC: Yui | 2595 0836 4861

I went north in Cianwood City and I encountered Suicune resting near some rocks there. I wandered up to it but it fled into the sea. I encountered Eusine afterwards since he was hunting after Suicune apparently, and he wanted to battle me. I defeated him quickly and he left, then I went back to the Cianwood City Pokemon Center. I Surfed around the Whirl Islands once more for some last minute training before challenging the Cianwood City Gym, but the wild Tentacool weren't exactly the best way to level up so I just gave up after 20 minutes. I went into the Cianwood Gym and I had to move around while battling trainers. I eventually pushed the button that stopped the waterfall from falling on Chuck and saved.

Well THAT was a very grindy few days! In order to prepare for the upcoming Ghost gym, I benched Slowpoke, Oddish and Geodude for Rattata, Hoothoot and Zubat. To prepare, I needed to level a LOT, as well as get a bunch of items to help with evolutions!

First of all, I did a bit of leveling to evolve Rattata and Hoothoot into Raticate and Noctowl respectively. Ghost type immunities for the win!

Evolving Zubat into Crobat requires a lot of happiness, so I slapped a Soothe Bell on Zubat, and I must have cycled around Goldenrod for about an hour just raising happiness levels, along with giving it a few haircuts over the past few days. A bit of leveling there too and it became a Golbat, and one more level turned it into an awesome Crobat!

Then there was the small matter of evolving Onix and Nidorina. I spent quite some time in the Pokeathlon getting enough points but eventually, I purchased both a Moon Stone and a Metal Coat, and evolved both of them into a Nidoqueen and a Steelix.

So all of a sudden, my team consists of five out of six fully evolved Pokemon, the other one being my Croconaw. Not too shabby for three badges!

I popped up into the Burned Tower and nabbed myself a Koffing, before beating my rival with relative ease and unleashing the legendary beasts. To finish training I went west to Olivine, though on the two routes I encountered NOTHING other than Rattata/Raticate, which I obviously already own, so no capture there. To make up for it I grabbed the Good Rod in Olivine, fished up a Krabby there which I caught, and then fished up a Poliwag in Ecruteak, which I also caught. Not short on Water types!

Then came time to challenge the gym. Once again I was very worried beforehand, to the extent that I had spent hours smashing rocks in the Ruins of Alph to get enough Blue Shards to get six Chesto Berries. But once again I needn't have worried at all, though I'm glad I got at least one Chesto Berry. I used Raticate against Morty's Gastly with the intention of saving all my Crobat's strength for his Gengar. However upon defeating the Gastly, Raticate leveled up to 24 and much to my surprise and delight, it learned Crunch. A few Crunches did the trick for the rest of his team - Gengar put it to sleep, but that's what my Chesto Berries were for (I had put one on each Pokemon). So once again, a single Pokemon sweep!

Now the next gym is a Fighting gym, and that doesn't bode well for my Steelix and Raticate. I think I'm likely to bench them for Gastly and Slowpoke, which I will soon make Gengar and Slowking. I've got some Surfing to do until then, for now though I will bask in my victory.

Team:

Bruce lvl.23
    Wing Attack
    Confuse Ray
    Astonish
    Bite

Tremor lvl.23
    Rock Throw
    Rock Tomb
    Headbutt
    Screech

Wench lvl.23
    Bite
    Body Slam
    Double Kick
    Rock Smash

Chompers lvl.24
    Headbutt
    Ice Fang
    Surf
    Bite

Scowl lvl.24
    Peck
    Confusion
    Reflect
    Hypnosis

Buck lvl.25
    Headbutt
    Sucker Punch
    Crunch
    Cut

Badges: 4

I finally challenged Chuck and I used Slowpoke against his Primeape. I attacked it with a couple of Confusion attacks and that was enough to beat it. I then used Flaaffy against Chuck's Poliwrath, but even Shock Wave didn't defeat it and I had to use Pidgeotto to finish Poliwrath instead. Thankfully Flaaffy evolved into Ampharos after the battle due to the experience, and I obtained the Storm Badge and a TM from Chuck. I exited the Cianwood Gym and I obtained the Fly TM from Chuck's wife outside. I swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, then I taught Fly to Pidgeotto. I flew back to Olivine City and I climbed the Glitter Lighthouse once more. I gave Jasmine the SecretPotion and Amphy was cured.

I recruited Gastly and Slowpoke into my team, training them up and evolving them twice. I then set about training for the next gym. The way I have decided to progress is Chuck, then Pryce, then Jasmine, just for the sake of levels. Since I acquired Surf, I decided to go where I hadn't before to do some training.

Everyone is at level twenty seven, and I decide to take on the Union Cave side areas. In the Ruins of Alph I encounter a random Psychic with a Girafarig. I had Noctowl out in front, but Stomp did quite a bit, so after some strategising, I looked through my team to see the highest defence to take a Stomp for a switch in, which turned out to be my Croconaw. Since it also knew Bite, I figured it would be the best choice for taking down the Girafarig.

Little was I to know that this was to be the bells tolling.

Upon switching in, for some reason Girafarig decided to go for a Psybeam. I could only look on in disbelief as it then proceeded to land a critical hit, completely flooring Croconaw!

Taking my jaw off the floor, I then sent out Slowking, the only other choice to combat the Girafarig really, and even then I encountered much trouble with Stomp. I took it out eventually, but at what cost?

I was really starting to believe I would go through the entire game with zero deaths, when something like this happens. When a Pokemon dies, you think about the ways it could have been prevented, and Croconaw was not at full health, which will now haunt me. But it was either that or Slowking, and Croconaw had a super effective move. In the end, it was a critical hit that took it down anyway, which no amount of strategising can ever prevent really. It's just sad that on both this and my Ruby Nuzlocke run, my starters have both died before they could reach their final form.

RIP Chompers the Croconaw. Reliable up until the end.

Of course now I realise how few replacements I really have, a lot of my other Pokemon are Water and Poison, which I already have on my team. To enhance that, the only Pokemon I've caught since my last update is a Tentacool, which is both of those types. Although it's not going to be useful for the gym, I've put Steelix back on my team, it's already somewhat high level, and it will counter any stupid Girafarig I come across again!

Jasmine returned to the Olivine City Gym after Amphy was cured thanks to the SecretPotion. I followed after her and I visited the Poke Mart in order to stock up on Super Potions, which I was sure would come in handy later on. I went to the Gym afterwards and the Gym trainers walked up to me, but they didn't battle me since I helped Jasmine. I arrived at Jasmine's spot and I challenged her. I used Typhlosion's Flame Wheel against her first Magnemite, then I switched to Heracross and I used it against Steelix. I thought its Brick Break attack would beat Steelix, but it survived and used Rock Throw. I switched to Slowpoke and beat Steelix with Surf, then I used Heracross again against the second Magnemite.

Since last time I beat Lt Surge, Erika, Sabrina, and Blaine. I also lost Johnny, my slowking, and just now Tsubasa my umbreon. Now I'm using Spade Foot, my poliwag who is now a politoad, and Yolklina, my exeggcute. I'm now battling the trainers in the viridian gym. Current team:
    Spike the ariados lv 55
    Firedog the arcanine lv 55
    Spade Foot the politoad lv 51
    Yamato the dragonite lv 55
    Scorpius the gliscor lv 55
    Yolklina the exeggcute lv 19

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

After getting my hands on the Mineral Badge and Iron Tail TM from Jasmine at the Olivine City Gym, I headed out and I visited the local Pokemon Center to heal and swap Pokemon. I left Olivine City after that and I visited MooMoo Farm on Route 39 and I fed the sick Miltank some Oran Berries while I was there. I healed it and then I received the Natural Gift TM from the woman there as a gift for helping the Miltank. I headed outside after that and I flew to Cianwood City. I entered the Cliff Edge Gate which was now accessible. I arrived at Route 47 after climbing the stairs and I battled some trainers in the area before moving on to Route 48. The route was short and I eventually reached the Johto Safari Zone.

I'm still training Yolklina, she's almost ready to battle Blue. Current team:
    Firedog the arcanine lv 55
    Scorpius the gliscor lv 55
    Spade Foot the plolitoad lv 55
    Yamato the dragonite lv 55
    Spike the ariados lv 55
    Yolklina the exeggutor lv 45

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

At the Johto Safari Zone building I spoke to Baoba and I learned about the many different features there. I entered the actual Safari Zone afterwards and I wandered around looking for wild Pokemon. I caught a couple that I didn't have for Pokedex purposes, then I headed out again. I flew to Ecruteak City and I swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I then went east and I passed through a gatehouse and arrived at Route 42. I picked up some items like the Shadow Claw TM and the Strength HM which a Hiker gave me, then I entered Mt. Mortar. I didn't get to explore the bigger caverns since I didn't have the Waterfall HM yet, but I did catch a wild Marill and I arrived at the eastern side of Route 42 after that.

I finally captured Mewtwo today. I got lucky and he didn't faint himself because of Struggle this time.

Next up is to train for Red so I can capture Kyogre and Rayquaza. His darn Pikachu swept my team yesterday so I got a long ways to go, lol. My team is all level 60-65 but I want them all to be at least 70 so I'm going to battle the E4 over and over again.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Page 350 of 374 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360 ... LastLast