Page 351 of 376 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,775 of 9398

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

After battling some trainers on Route 42, I arrived in Mahogany Town and I visited the Pokemon Center in order to heal my injured Pokemon there. I headed out the the Gym but it was currently closed so I went north to Route 43. I wandered around the tall grass since I didn't want to pay the toll at the gatehouse, and I caught some wild Pokemon and battled against trainers as well. I kept going north until I arrived at the shore of Lake of Rage. I Surfed toward the middle of the lake and I encountered the Red Gyarados there. I battled and caught it, then I obtained the Red Scale and I headed back to the shore. I met Lance there and he wanted my help to investigate the shop in Mahogany Town. I then saved the game.

I almost threw my DS at the window earlier today. I was battling Lance's rematch team and we were both down to 1 Pokemon. He had Charizard and I had Manectric. My Manectric was at full health and its sp. def. is pretty high, so I was thinking "Oh I've got this won now". I use Thunderbolt and his Charizard becomes paralyzed and its health is in the orange, almost red. So then his Charizard does exactly what I thought it was going to do. Gets a critical ****ing hit with Flamethrower and takes me out. I lost.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I finally beat Blue, with no deaths. I decided to stop training Yolklina, my exeggutor because it was taking forever. Well I am unofficially done with heart gold because I'm not battling red. Current and final team
    Yamato the dragonite lv 55
    Spike the ariados lv 55
    Spade Foot the politoad lv 55
    Scorpius the gliscor lv 55
    Firedog the arcanine lv 55
    Yolklina the exeggutor lv 48

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

After speaking with Lance at Lake of Rage, I headed south to Route 43 and I arrived back in Mahogany Town quickly. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, then I visited the mysterious shop and Lance uncovered the entrance to Team Rocket's HQ. He went in and I went in after him. I battled two Team Rocket grunts after accidentally setting off the alarm, then I shut it off and wandering south. I went downstairs and I was told that I needed to get two passwords to open the door to the generator room. I battled Team Rocket grunts and I eventually got one of the passwords after beating a Grunt. I then defeated Petrel and got the second password, but I had to follow Murkrow in order to activate it.

Just beat Lance with my super-underleveled team. XD Currently in the Battle Frontier. Going over to Kanto to beat Lt. Surge soon. :P Hopefully I don't fail. XD Wish me luck!

Team:

Iggy (Meganium) lv.42 @Miricle Seed
    Ability: Overgrow
    Moves: Cut, Synthesis, Petal Dance, and Frenzy Plant

HBoss (Heracross) lv.43 @Silk Scarf
    Ability: Swarm
    Moves: Close Combat, Strength, Shadow Claw, and Aerial Ace

Ancieo (Ho-Oh) lv.45 @none
    Ability: Pressure
    Moves: Extrasensory, Fly, Fire Blast, and Sacred Fire

Nadine (Lapras) lv.44 @NeverMeltIce
    Ability: Shell Armor
    Moves: Whirlpool, Ice Beam, Surf, and Body Slam

Ashton (Donphan) lv.43 @Amulet Coin
    Ability: Sturdy
    Moves: Magnitude, Slam, Fury Attack, Assurance

Amphy (Ampharos) lv.44 @Shuca Berry
    Ability: Static
    Moves: Iron Tail, Signal Beam, Thunder Punch, Discharge

Wish me luck guys! ^.^
    Shinies:

HG Nuzlocke League!

Credit goes to Brutaka for the awesome banners!

I left Petrel and chased after the Murkrow in order to activate the password outside of the generator room. I finally arrived after the room had been unlocked, but Ariana and some Team Rocket grunt arrived and Lance and I teamed up to battle them. I defeated Ariana's Arbok with Slowpoke's Confusion, then I used Pidgeot against Gloom while Lance's Dragonite took care of the other Pokemon. Once Ariana and the Team Rocket grunt had been beaten, me and Lance entered the main generator room in order to shut it off. I battled against three Electrode and once Lance had taken care of the others, the power shut off and we stopped Team Rocket's scheme. I obtained the Whirlpool HM from Lance then saved.

LOL, so I was going to some trainer to rematch him, and on the way, I encountered Entei, at full health and no status condition. So I thought "ehh what the hell I'll throw an ultra ball at it", so I did, and captured it on the very first try! No attacking it or anything.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I left the Team Rocket HQ in Mahogany Town after stopping Team Rocket's scheme. I headed back to the surface and after swapping Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, I headed out north to Route 43 again in order to do some last minute training before challenging Gym Leader Pryce. I spent 20 minutes grinding against the various wild Pokemon in the area, then I headed back to Mahogany Town. I healed my Pokemon once more before entering the Gym, and once inside I had to slide on the icy floors while pushing blocks of ice around in order to properly navigate around. I battled Gym trainers as I did that and I finally arrived at the last room and I encountered Pryce there. I saved the game before challenging him.

I beat Bugsy, now I'm training my lvl 4 Zubat up before facing my rival and going in to Ilex Forest and head to Goldenrod City to face Whitney for my 3rd Gym Badge. I plain to have my Pokemon up to lvls 20-23 before facing her. Besides the Zubat the team is lvl 16-17 which include Wooper, Geodude, & Quilava.

Credit to Inferno Production!

I finally challenged Gym Leader Pryce at the Mahogany Town Gym and I used Ampharos against his Seel. I beat it with Shock Wave and then I battled against Pryce's Piloswine. I used Slowpoke's Surf against Piloswine and that was effective enough to beat it. I used Ampharos once more against Dewgong and I defeated it with a single ThunderPunch attack. The Gym battle was my easiest so far and I obtained the Glacier Badge and the Hail TM from Pryce as a price. I headed out of the Gym by sliding around a bit and I got a call from Professor Elm on the Pokegear. Team Rocket was apparently putting on a radio broadcast and they had taken over Goldenrod City's Radio Tower. I healed my Pokemon before going.

After training the Zubat to lvl 5 I decided to go ahead and face my rival. I beat him and lvl'd up Zubat to lvl 8. I healed my Pokemon and then went into the Ilex Forest and caught an Oddish, after getting the birds and HM 01 Cut. I taught Oddish cut and then saved.

After visiting the Mahogany Town Pokemon Center, I headed out and flew to Goldenrod City. I arrived and found many Team Rocket grunts scattered around the city which they had evidently taken over. I wandered over to the underground part of the city and I spoke to some people down there and obtained a Team Rocket grunt disguise so that I could infiltrate the Radio Tower. I headed back to the surface and I entered the Radio Tower. I walked towards the staircase that led to the second floor but my rival showed up and blew my cover. I had to battle my way up instead and I started battling against various Team Rocket grunts on the second and third floors. I then battled against Pretrel and his Koffing & Weezing.

Made it out of the Ilex Forest after meeting one of the dancers. I made it to Route 34 and faced all the trainers. Went to the Pokemon Center in Goldenrod City and healed my Pokemon. Then went to the Underground and battle the trainers there and on Route 35. I then came back and healed my Pokemon again. Then I took off to the National Park to compete in the Bug Catching Contest and came in 3rd with a Catapie. After, I beat the trainers there and the ones I could in Route 36. Then I went back to town, healed up and saved.

I learned that I had to obtained the Card Key item in order to unlock some of the other doors at the Goldenrod City Radio Tower, so I headed back down the tower and I wandered over to the Pokemon Center first to heal my Pokemon after all those Team Rocket grunt battles. I headed to the Goldenrod Tunnel area afterwards and I went to the basement area of the tunnel. I could unlock it now that I had the Basement Key that Petrel gave me, and I met my rival down there. I battled him and I beat his Pokemon easily, then I started to move the switches around in order to unlock the door that led to the Department Store's basement where the director of the Radio Tower was being held. I also battled TR grunts.

Going on a new playthrough of HeartGold.

I am grinding for Clair.

My current team is:

Gyarados lvl 33
    Growlithe lvl 30 (gonna wait until he learns flamethrower before evolving it)
    Ampharos lvl 32
    Feralitatr lvl 34
    Crobat lvl 31
    Espeon lvl 30

I finally found the Radio Tower's director at the Department Store's basement and I spoke to him. I obtained the Card Key from him which unlocked the locked doors at the Radio Tower. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center and I headed back to the Radio Tower. I unlocked the locked doors using the Card Key and I encountered Proton of the Team Rocket Executives. I battled him and I beat his Golbat and Weezing with Slowpoke's Confusion attack. I then encountered Ariana and I battled her as well. I used my Slowpoke against her Arbok, then Pidgeot against her Vileplume and finally Ampharos against her Murkrow. I headed into the elevator and I arrived at the observation deck and I saved there.

It was finally time to take on HO-OH! After 6 soft resets failing to catch it in a Pokeball, I decided to keep my tradition of catching the Mascot in the Masterball as I've done for the past few generations. Named my Adamant natured HO-OH Photon.

My current team:

Electron the Modest Magneton Lv40
    Sushi the Timid Tentacruel Lv42
    Tabasco the Modest Magmar Lv40
    Popsicle the Adamant Mamoswine Lv38
    Noodle the Adamant Dragonair Lv37

I don't have access to my Diamond right now so I can't evolve Magneton yet, and the magmarizer isn't available till Kanto for Magmar.

Can't decide on my last team member, any suggestions?
    Last edited by Roar_of_Spacetime; 1st November 2013 at 3:38 PM.

I restarted my game a while ago. My recent update:
    Caught Natu!
    Caught Lapras!
    Trained in Lighthouse!
    Made it to Cianwood City!
    Fought Eusine!
    Beat all gym trainers!
    Lost against Chuck....

Today's Goals:
    Train Pokemon to higher levels!
    Beat Chuck!!!!!!!
    Level 26 Xatu with Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Miracle Eye, and Me First
    Level 26 Lapras with Surf, Ice Shard, Rain Dance, and Body Slam
    Level 26 Quilava with Tackle, Quick Attack, Flame Wheel, and Ember
    Level 28 Haunter with Shadow Claw, Night Shade, Payback, and Mean Look
    Level 28 Machoke with Vital Throw, Seismic Toss, Revenge, and Karate Chop
    Level 30 Ampharos with ThunderPunch, Headbutt, ThunderShock, and Thunder Wave

I met Team Rocket Executive Archer at the top of the Radio Tower's Observation Deck and after speaking to him, we battled. I used my Slowpoke's Surf against Archer's Houndour, then I used Ampharos against his Koffing. I beat it with ThunderPunch and all that remained was his Houndoom which I beat with Typhlosion. After Archer's defeat, he fled the scene and the Radio Tower's director arrived and he thanked me for saving the tower by giving me the Rainbow Wing key item. I headed out of the Observation Deck and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, then I headed out of Goldenrod City and wandered south to the Day Care Center where I left Slowpoke to train. I then headed out and saved.

Decided to start a Nuzlocke (with dupes clause btw) on my SoulSilver today. Though I didn't get to do much today, didn't have the time.

I began my journey in New Bark Town and upon visiting Elm and receiving his mission to visit Mr. Pokemon, I decide to pick Totodile, which I nicknamed Kremling, as my starter. Kremling and I left New Bark Town, battling as many Rattata and Pidgey as we could so he could get stronger, until we arrived in Cherrygrove City. There, we met a rather eccentric old man who showed us around town a bit and gave us his dirty old Running Shoes and (upon leaving) the Map Card for the Pokegear. Eventually, we made it to Mr. Pokemon's house, where he gave us an egg. We also met none other than Professor Oak, who gave us a Pokedex, gave us the usual "Catch 'em All" mission, yadda yadda. Upon leaving Mr. Pokemon's house, I received an urgent call from Elm. I hurried back to the lab as fast as I could, but on the way, I got held up by a familiar-looking red-haired guy, who challenged me to a battle with his Chikorita, but the overleveled Kremling took it out fairly easy with multiple Scratch attacks. I arrive back at Elm's lab, where I learn that the red-haired kid (whom I just named Silver, because I always give my rivals the canon names) I battled stole one of Elm's Pokemon. After that whole business is taken care of, I give Oak the egg and leave New Bark to begin my journey... but not before getting held up by Ethan and his silly Pokemon-catching tutorial. I end off the day by catching my Pokemon in Route 29 (I don't start counting captures until I get my Pokeballs, because come on, that's not fair), a Rattata I named Frisby, but I don't want to use a Raticate, so I just throw her into the PC.

Team So Far:
    Kremling (Totodile) - Lv 10

I flew back to Mahogany Town and I was finally allowed to pass to Route 44. I arrived there and I picked a Red Apricorn from a tree and then I battled against the trainers around the area. I went towards the northern section of the route first and I went around until I reached the other side of the lake there. I Surfed across it in order to access the tall grass section in the middle of the lake. I picked up a Max Revive there and I searched for wild Pokemon as well. I caught a Weepinbell, a Tangela, and a Lickitung and then I headed east towards the entrance to the Ice Path. I battled Bird Keeper Vance near the entrance and once inside the cave, I slipped on ice and wandered around the first part of the Ice Path.

Forgot to mention that for this Nuzlocke, I'm using shiny clause and making an exception for legendaries. I'm catching them, but I'm just throwing them in my box and not using them. I promise.

Alright, so I accomplish a lot on my journey today. I battle my way through Routes 30 and 31, catching some new Pokemon along the way. I catch a Weedle (Zinger) on Route 30 and a Pidgey (Marahute) on Route 31, but since I've already used Beedrill and Pidgeot multiple times, I box both of them and continue on. Soon, I arrive at Violet City. I explore some of the sights, most notably Sprout Tower, where I battle through numerous sages and encounter Silver again. Kremling takes on all of them by itself, becoming incredibly overleveled as a result. I also don't catch anything yet, because it was daytime when I did this, and dupes clause forces me to catch a Gastly in Sprout Tower. Before challenging Falkner, I decide to grind a bit to evolve Kremling into a Croconaw. Needless to say, I have no trouble defeating Falkner with such an overleveled Pokemon.

When I exit the gym, Elm calls me about the egg, I go to pick it up at the Poke Mart, and I run into a creepy Kimono lady who makes some comments about the egg and runs off. I hatch a Togepi from the egg in Violet City (which I'm counting as my Violet City capture), name it Lucifer, and decide to use it on my team, because I've never used a Togekiss before.I make a quick stop back to New Bark to show Elm the Togepi, talk to some random guy to get the Rock Smash HM, and explore the Ruins of Alph a bit. Unfortunately, smashing rocks to get items causes me to run into a Geodude, forcing that to be my Ruins of Alph capture (Schnitzel). I complete the Kabuto puzzle, receive the Unown Report, and move on.

I battle my way through Route 32 and Union Cave, catching a Wooper (Phineas) and Zubat (Dracula) and helping Lucifer get stronger and stronger. By the time I get to Union Cave, it can battle the wild Pokemon on its own and even a few trainers, though at this point, it's still far from being as useful as Kremling. Getting through Union Cave doesn't take too long, so I find an Ekans (Nagini) on Route 33 and enter Azalea Town.

Upon arrival, however, I witness a Team Rocket grunt assaulting another man and standing guard over a well. Immediately, I knew something was wrong in Azalea Town. Looking for answers, I arrive at Kurt's house, where he tells me about Team Rocket, who are in Azalea Town cutting off Slowpoke Tails to sell! He runs off to go save them. I follow, only to discover that Kurt hurt himself while chasing off the aforementioned guard, so I continue on to put a stop to Team Rocket's operation. I battle through all the grunts and the executive Proton, having no problems thanks to Kremling and Lucifer being so powerful. When Proton is defeated, he threatens me, and Team Rocket leaves. Kurt arrives, feeling better, and brings me back to his house, where he rewards me and promises to make Poke Balls out of Apricorns from now on. Before going to challenge the Azalea gym, I run back to Slowpoke Well, since I didn't catch anything in there before. Eventually, I catch a Slowpoke (Goofy), and that's all for today.

Oh, and somewhere in that, I stop back in Sprout Tower to catch a Gastly (Raven) when it was nighttime.

Team So Far:
    Kremling (Croconaw) - Lv 20
    Lucifer (Togepi) - Lv 16

As I moved around the first floor of the Ice Path I had to solve an ice puzzle by sliding around the rocks in order to reach the Waterfall HM. Once I had gotten it, I headed toward some stairs and I arrived at the next floor where I found many holes in the ground where I had to push boulders through using Strength. I did that and I was able to slide on the ice in a square formation on the next floor by using the aforementioned boulders as guides. I caught a Jynx and battled more wild Pokemon as I moved around, and I also picked up the Avalanche TM and a NeverMeltIce item. I met a Kimono Girl near the exit and she was stuck on the ice. She left the cave after I helped her and I saved when I got to Blackthorn City.

Picking up where I left off from yesterday, I start off by grinding until Kremling learns Ice Fang in order to make Bugsy significantly easier. As expected, Bugsy was almost no threat to me. Kremling's Ice Fang easily handled his Scyther, and Metapod and Kakuna are among the weakest Pokemon in existence, so they weren't a big deal, either. With Bugsy defeated, I decide to add a new team member. Having had little experience with trade evolutions, I settle on my Gastly, Raven. I put her at the front of the party and head into Ilex Forest to train her up a bit... only to run into Silver again! He blabs some stuff about Team Rocket returning and challenges me to a battle. However, he proves to be no threat. Silver's Gastly goes down after a Bite from Kremling, Bayleef goes down after a couple of Ice Fangs, and Zubat goes down after an Extrasensory from Lucifer. Shocked at his loss, Silver runs off, and I continue into Ilex Forest.

While in Ilex Forest, I meet up with the Charcoal cutter's apprentice, who seems to have lost his two Farfetch'd in the forest. I agree to go looking for them, using the branches to my advantage to sneak up on them and capture them. After returning both of them, his boss appears and rewards me with the Cut HM that I need to move on. I briefly return to Azalea Town to grab my HM slave Frisby the Rattata so I can continue on. I make my way through Ilex Forest, eventually running into my capture for that area, a Kakuna (Drone) and the Headbutt tutor. I figure "why not?" and teach Headbutt to Frisby, then make another brief return to Azalea to try to catch something there. I hope for a Heracross and instead wind up with... a Spearow (Linka). Disappointed, I return to Ilex Forest and eventually run into another Kimono Girl who happens to be lost. Raven decides to do the right thing and lead her out of the forest, and not long after, I make it through onto Route 34.

I battle my way through Route 34, catching a Drowzee (Magica), lamenting over the fact that everybody wants my phone number on this route, and eventually running into Ethan again. He introduces me to his grandparents, who happen to be the owners of the Day Care. Ethan and his grandpa then, predictably, proceed to give me their phone numbers. /le sigh

Finally, I arrive at Goldenrod City, and I take in the sights of Johto's metropolis. I receive a Bicycle for free from the bicycle salesman (and later on, he lets me keep it), play that stupid Voltorb Flip game at the Game Corner for the heck of it, check out the Underground (including somehow getting Lucifer a haircut - seriously, Lucifer has hair?), meet Bill's family, spend all my money at the Department Store, and, of course, receive a Radio Card at the Radio Tower. After winning the Radio Card, I meet Whitney, who returns to the gym.

Finally, I do what I came to do and take on the Goldenrod Gym. While battling Whitney's minions, Lucifer finally evolves into a Togetic. Guess that mysterious haircut was enough to put its happiness over the edge or something. I don't know. Anyway, after a bit of grinding to finally get Raven caught up with everyone else, I take on Whitney for the Plain Badge. Her Clefairy goes down easily enough with Lucifer's Sweet Kiss and Extrasensory attacks. Then that dreaded Miltank that everybody hates comes out, but I feel confident. My Pokemon are five levels higher than it. I can do this. I send out Raven to put it to sleep... but forget that stupid cow has a Lum Berry, and it knocks out Raven with one Stomp attack. Lamenting over the time I wasted grinding Raven up, I send out Kremling to be the hero once again, knowing that thing knows Rollout. I get lucky and freeze it after a couple of Ice Fangs, and it goes down easily after that. Even though I won the battle, alas, I was still unhappy about losing Raven. And I was angry at Whitney. How DARE she cry over losing, I bet she didn't love that Miltank like I loved Raven, though I knew her for only a day or so. I end the day by burying Raven in Valhalla (decided not to take another Pokemon from the box) and learning about some weird tree and getting the Squirtbottle from the owner of the flower shop.

God, I hate Whitney.

Oh well. Unless someone on here was willing to help out, there was no way I could have gotten a Gengar anyway. I lost the charger for the only other DS I have, and it's running on empty right now.

Current Team:
    Kremling (Croconaw) - Lv 25
    Lucifer (Togetic) - Lv 24

I visited the Blackthorn City Pokemon Center upon arrival and I healed my Pokemon there. I then headed out again and I visited the Move Deleter's house and then I wandered toward the Poke Mart in order to stock up on items there. I visited the other houses in town and then I arrived outside of the Blackthorn City Gym, but my team was far from strong enough to beat Clair so I wandered back to the Ice Path. I wandered around and trained my Pokemon for about 20 minutes until I realized that grinding against wild Pokemon wasn't enough. I headed south to Route 45 and I wandered the tall grass. I caught a wild Gligar and a Phanpy, then I entered Dark Cave in order to do some more training. I saved inside.

Page 351 of 376 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361 ... LastLast