Page 360 of 368 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364 ... LastLast
Results 8,976 to 9,000 of 9190

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

I arrived at Route 36 and picked a Blue Apricorn from a tree. I also battled some trainers and registered one of them in my Pokegear. I got to a skinn tree and I used the Squirtbottle to make it attack. I fought the disguised Sudowoodo and captured it, then the girl there gave me some berries and once she left, I headed for Violet City to swap Pokemon and heal. I got that done at the Pokemon Center and then I rushed back to Rout 36. I battled some more trainers on my way to Ecruteak City and I also picked some more Apricorns. I finally got to Ecruteak City and I met Bill at the Pokemon Center. Afterwards, I went south again to train my team for the Ecruteak City Gym battle that was coming up. I saved after 30 minutes.

So yesterday, I battled against Thorton (the 21st battle). I have battled him many times in the past, but yesterday's battle surprised me a lot. Now normally, before he battles you, he will spout out a random percentage. I had always believed that the percentage he indicates is the percent rate you have of winning the battle. If this is the case, I'd say the battles I've had against Thorton were somewhat accurate. However, during yesterday's battle, Thorton mentioned 14% which had shocked me considering the team I had. Here was the matchup.

My pokemon:

Floatzel (w/ Wise Glasses) - Surf, Ice Beam, Focus Blast, Rain Dance
    Dragonite (w/ Razor Claw) - Dragon Rush, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch
    Alakazam (w/ <I don't remember>) - Psychic, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Future Sight

Thorton's Pokemon:

Tauros - Pursuit, 3 Unknown Moves
    Ninetales - Attract, 3 Unknown Moves
    Bastiodon (w/ Focus Band) - Stone Edge, 3 Unknown Moves

With the pokemon I had, I was shocked to believe that my team only had a 14% chance at a victory especially since I pretty much annihilated his team with only Floatzel. However, this got me thinking. Unless I just got incredibly lucky, does the percentage that Thorton spouts out before each battle mean anything at all? Or is it really just some random meaningless number?
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I healed my team at the local Pokemon Center in Ecruteak City and I headed out to train once more. I evolved my Spearow into Fearow and then I focused on training my Drowzee some more. I got finished with that and I returned to Ecruteak City. I stopped by the Poke Mart to purchase some items and then I headed for the Burned Tower. I battled my rival once I got there and after a few minutes, I beat him. I met Eusine and Morty in there too and I headed down to the lower level of the Burned Tower. I set the three Legendary Beasts free and then I left the tower to challenge Morty. I did some wandering before that though and I got the Shadow Claw TM east of Ecruteak City. I saved before going to the Gym.

Did a few things on HeartGold today. First, I spent some time organizing the main item pocket in my bag and then some of my PC boxes. After that, I went to the Battle Frontier because I don't have that much BP saved up on this game. I went to the Battle Factory, where I started a level 50 singles challenge. I was doing well until the sixth battle, when the Anorith I was using missed with Rock Blast. That unfortunate miss ultimately cost me the match. I then went over to the Battle Hall and had much more success earning BP there.

When I was done with the Battle Frontier, I put my Celebi in my party and went to the Ilex Forest. I've had this Celebi for a while but I've been putting off doing the Ilex thing until now. Anyway, the Celebi took Lyra and I back in time. We got to see a cutscene dealing with my rival and Giovanni. Celebi then took us to Tohjo Falls, where I defeated Giovanni in battle.

Lastly, I took a photo with my team in the tunnel in Goldenrod.

I entered the Ecruteak City Gym and I battled against a Gym trainer. I soon managed to defeat that trainer and moved on to the next ones. I continued the pattern until I reached Morty's place, but I left quickly to heal at the Pokemon Center. I returned and I challenged him to a battle. I used my Quilava against his Gastly and I beat it pretty easily. He then used to his first Haunter and I used Noctowl against it. I managed to defeat it and I swapped out to Flaaffy to battle Gengar. That was a tough battle, but I defeated it by swapping around a bit. I then took down Morty's last Haunter and I got the Fog Badge as well as the Shadow Ball TM from Leader Morty. I left the Ecruteak City Gym and saved at the Pokemon Center.

In order to make my run a little more fascinating and because I enjoyed my Sapphire version of this, I decided to replay HeartGold with a team of six randomly generated Pokémon- Torterra, Yanmega, Empoleon, Electivire, Bronzong and Dusknoir. After unlocking the capability to trade, I transferred the six Eggs over to HG from SS and started to hatch them. I've started to train most of them. I reached level 3 with Omega (Yanma), Rinth (Turtwig) and Riptide (Piplup) before saving and quitting)

Team:

Omega, level 3
    Rinth, level 3
    Riptide, level 3 (bred with Surf. That wasn't intentional)
    Fray, level 1 (bred with Light Screen, Rain Dance and Thunder. Nor was that.)
    Melanchol, level 1
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

I healed my team at the PC in Ecruteak City and then I headed over to the Dance Theater. I battled a Team Rocket grunt who was bothering a Kimono Girl there and I was given the Surf HM afterwards. I taught that to my Poliwhirl and I left for Olivine City. I battled some trainers on Route 38 and I also battled and trained in the tall grass against wild Pokemon. I managed to capture a Magnemite and a Miltank there before I headed to MooMoo Farm. I fed the sick Miltank an Oran Berry and then I headed south to the next route. I met the owner of the Johto Safari Zone along the way and I registered his phone number in my Pokegear. I got to battle some more trainers before Olivine City and I saved before arriving.

Today, I began breeding for some Pokemon on HeartGold. I would like to restart my spare SoulSilver soon, so I want to get a team prepared for that. Anyway, I started by breeding for a Totodile. I wanted to breed Dragon Dance onto it, so first I had to get a male Horsea with that move. I went to the Whirl Islands and used the Super Rod to catch a lv. 40 Horsea that already knew Dragon Dance. Then, I bred that Horsea with my female Croconaw.

Once I got a male offspring, I bred it with one of my Ditto. I hatched a bunch of eggs until getting a Totodile with the right Nature and some pretty high IVs too. I will start breeding for another Pokemon next.

I saw my rival when I arrived in Olivine City. He said that the Gym Leader was absent from her Gym and I went to the Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon. I battled the trainer inside, then I went to purchase some items at the local Poke Mart. Once that was done, I headed to the Glitter Lighthouse to talk to Jasmine. I climbed to the second floor and encountered two trainers. I defeated them an registered them into the PokeGear before I set off for the other floors. I managed to level up my Pokemon by a bit, so those battles were worth it. I reached the top of the lighthouse eventually and I talked to Jasmine. She told me what to do in Cianwood City and I headed out once again. I saved at the Pokemon Center.

Just spent a few hours breeding for a Lickitung. I was just not having much luck hatching one with everything I wanted. My Everstone passed the right Nature onto the minority of the offspring and most of the Lickitung had Oblivious when I prefer Own Tempo. And when I did get the right Nature and Ability, the IVs were pretty bad.

Then finally, I hatched a Lickitung with the Nature and Ability I wanted, plus very high IVs. I will breed more tomorrow, since I've had my fill for the day. XD

I headed off to Cianwood City and I Surfed south from Olivine City until I reached the sea near the Whirl Islands. I battled the Swimmers along the way and I also trained against the wild Tentacool. I eventually reached Cianwood City and I healed my team at thePokemon Center. I then went to the Cianwood City Pharmacy and I obtained the SecretPotion there. I headed north to check out the area and I saw Suicune, but then Eusine showed up as usual and we battled each other. I defeated him easily and afterwards I returned to the local Pokemon Center again and I healed my Pokemon once more. I then went to the Cianwood City Gym and I moved around a bit and then I saved before fighting the Gym trainers.

Bred for another Pokemon today. I decided that I wanted an Abra, so I got my Kadabra out of the PC and put it in the Day Care with a Ditto. I hatched several eggs until getting an Abra with several flawless IVs. Then, I gave a power item to that Abra and an Everstone to my Ditto and then started breeding them. The third egg I obtained hatched into an Abra with the right Nature, Ability, and flawless Special Attack and Speed. I decided to go with that one since I didn't have much time to do more breeding today.

I finally battled Chuck and his Primeape was tough. I used my Poliwhirl's Bubblebeam attack, but it wasn't very effective, so I swapped out to Noctowl. I won that match with Aerial Ace, then I had to battle with Chuck's Poliwrath. I had a tougher time against it than with Primeape and I had to use my Quilava instead despite it being at a type disadvantage. I barely managed to beat Poliwrath and then I got the Storm Badge from Chuck along with the TM containing the move Focus Punch. I left the Cianwood City Gym and Chuck's wife gave me the Fly HM outside. I healed my team at the local Pokemon Center again next. With everything done, I flew back to Olivine City and I saved at the first floor of the Lighthouse.

Began breeding for my next Pokemon, which will be a Vulpix. I want to breed Extrasensory and Energy Ball onto it, so first I had to get a Smeargle with those moves. I had to go find a wild Ditto, have it transform into a Pokemon I had that only knew Extrasensory, then have my Smeargle Sketch it. Then, I did the same thing with Energy Ball. Once Smeargle had both those moves, I put it in the Day Care with my Ninetales. I hatched several eggs until getting a male Vulpix. Later, I will breed that Vulpix with a Ditto.

I quickly headed back up the Olivine City lighthouse and I took the time to re-battle some of the stationary trainers inside there. I then set off for the Lighthouse's summit so that I could give the SecretPotion key item to Gym Leader Jasmine. I finally arrived at the top of the Olivine Lighthouse and after handing Jasmine the potion, she healed Ampharos. With that settled, she returned to the Olivine City Gym and I followed after her. I got out of the lighthouse and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and I also swapped Pokemon at the PC for the upcoming Gym battle. I got inside of the Olivine City Gym after grinding a little bit at the route north of town and I saved before challenging Jasmine for the Mineral Badge.

I put my Vulpix in the Day Care with a Ditto and then began collecting eggs. Fortunately, it did not take me long to hatch a good Vulpix at all. My second egg hatched into a Vulpix with outstanding potential and flawless IVs in Defense, Sp. Attack, and Speed. I went with that one.

Now, I'm going to breed for a Phanpy next. I want it to have Ice Shard, though, so first I bred for a male Seel and then trained it until it learned that move. I will get a female Phanpy next.

I battled Jasmine at the Olivine City Gym and she used Magnemite against me, but I was prepared with Typhlosion. I managed to beat Jasmine's Magnemite with Flame Wheel, then I swapped out to my Poliwhirl when she sent out her Steelix. I had Poliwhirl launch a Surf attack and although they did quite a lot of damage, Surf wasn't enough to defeat Jasmine's Steelix. I had to heal Poliwhirl and then use Surf once more, which finally got the job done. I beat her final Magnemite with Typhlosion's Flame Wheel and then I got the Mineral Badge from Jasmine once that was done. I was also given the TM containing the move Iron Tail and I left the Olivine City Gym and I made my way north and then east towards Ecruteak City.

I started breeding my male Donphan since I needed a female from the Phanpy line and did not have one in my PC. For some reason, it took me an unusually long time to hatch a female. Once I finally got one, I began breeding it with the Seel I raised earlier. I quickly hatched a male offspring with Ice Shard and then bred it with an Everstone-holding Ditto with the Nature I wanted. The fourth egg from that pairing hatched into a Phanpy with the right Nature and very high IVs.
    Now, I've bred five Pokemon, and will breed one more either later tonight or tomorrow.

I headed to Ecruteak City and I quickly healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I explored the route south of the city and I collected some Apricorns, then I headed east towards Mt. Mortar. I Surfed across the ponds and then I came to the area where Suicune was hiding. It fled and then Eusine came by to talk to me and then to chase after it again. I collected some more Apricorns there and then I battled the trainers on the other side of the route. I arrived in Mahogany Town and healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and trained at Mt. Mortar for a while in order to level up my Pokemon. I departed the cave and headed straight north to Lake of Rage. I saved at the gate between Mahogany and Lake of Rage.

Bred for a sixth Pokemon today. I thought that it would be cool to raise a Butterfree, so I bred mine and started hatching Caterpie eggs. The first couple batches of eggs I hatched weren't bad, but weren't great either. But then on my next batch, I got a Caterpie with the Nature and flawless IVs I was going for. So, I will raise that one. Glad it didn't take me too long to get the one I wanted.
    Next, I will start buying vitamins for EV training all the Pokemon I bred.

I wandered towards Lake of Rage and I battled the trainers along the way as I walked along the tall grass in order to avoid the Team Rocket grunts at the gatehouse. I trained against wild Pokemon as well and after capturing a few, I arrived at Lake of Rage. I Surfed towards the Red Gyarados in the middle of said lake and I challenged it. It was a fairly easy battle and I ended up capturing the Red Gyarados in a Great Ball after I weakened it a bit. I headed to the lake shore and I battled some more trainers there, then I talked to Lance on the other side of the shore. We agreed to work together to stop Team Rocket, so I followed him south to Mahogany Town. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and saved.

I stopped by the department store in Goldenrod and went to the floor where they sold vitamins. I bought quite a few of them, spending about half of my money. Before buying more, I decided to go earn some more money since what I had left wouldn't be enough to cover the rest of the vitamins I need. So anyway, I did a run of the Elite Four and then took care of a few trainer rematches with one of my Pokemon holding the Amulet Coin. While I was doing these battles, I was able to spread the Pokerus to Caterpie, Phanpy, and Vulpix.
    I will buy some more vitamins next, and then maybe do more trainer battles if I still need money.

I went inside of Team Rocket HQ and I battled two Team Rocket grunts. I defeated them, but I accidentally set off an alarm again because of the Persian statues. I eventually defeated more Team Rocket grunts and I made my way to the place where the controls for the alarms were. I shut them off and I went deeper into the hideout. I met up with Lance once again and after he left, I battled some more Team Rocket members. I eventually got the first password and after searching around some more, I got the second one. I was about to enter it when Ariana arrived. I battled her along with Lance and we defeated her easily as a team. Once that was done, we got to the power room. I saved before fighting the Electrode.

I am going to start a new adventure on my soulsilver game. Now I also have Heartgold which gives me the ability to play the game withbevery pokemon I like. Which one shloud I use? I was thinking of maybe Growlithe, Abra, Houndour or somthing. Any ideas?

I left Team Rocket Hideout after helping Lance to solve the crisis there and I wandered back to Mahogany Town. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center again and then I swapped Pokemon and added the Red Gyarados to my team. I left to train a bit at the route before Lake of Rage and then I returned to the Mahogany Town Gym about 20 minutes later. I battled Gym trainers when I arrived and then I headed to the next room within the Gym. I had to carefully navigate through the icy floors while battling trainers and moving blocks so that I could slide towards Pryce's place. I messed up with the blocks a few times and then I healed at the Pokemon Center once more before challenging Pryce to a battle.

Page 360 of 368 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364 ... LastLast