Page 363 of 368 FirstFirst ... 263313353359360361362363364365366367 ... LastLast
Results 9,051 to 9,075 of 9196

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

After leaving the Goldenrod Gym, I went into the flower shop next door. In there, I obtained the SquirtBottle to water the groovy tree on Route 36. I headed back out near National Park after that, but instead of going through the park again I went over to the Pokeathlon. When I arrived there, I met the owner, Magnus, and then went inside the dome. I went to the reception desk, only to be stopped by Whitney who gave me a jersey to wear during the events. I then decided to participate in the Jump Course using my Butterfree, Lickitung, and Vulpix. I hadn't done any of the Pokeathlon events in a while, so I did not do as well as I've done in the past. However, I was still able to place first in every event and win the whole course.

I entered the Celadon City Gym and I battled against many Gym trainers and moved around the Gym's garden maze. I had to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center again and then once I got back inside I had to roam around for a while since I got a bit lost. I eventually reached Leader Erika's place and I battled her. Her Bellossom was pretty difficult to beat for some reason, but I took it down eventually. Erika's Victreebel was also a challenge at first, but I eventually managed to strike it down with Typhlosion's Flame Wheel after swapping Pokemon. I then battled against her Jumpluff and then I earned the Rainbow Badge from her once that was done. I also got a TM from her and I saved before leaving the Gym.

I have decided to start a Heartgold Nuzlocke Challenge. The rules:

1. Any Pokemon who faints must be released
    2. I am only allowed to attempt to catch the first encounter in any route.
    3. No Pokemon on my team is allowed to outlevel the next gym leader (ie nothing above level 13 for Faulkner, level 17 for Bugsy)
    4. No items in battle and battle style is 'set'
    5. Pokewalker allowed - one pokeradar attempt per route. Though I am allowed first catch straight away, I can't use a second catch until after Faulkner, third bugsy etc.
    6. No dupes. If I have seen pokemon in evolution chain as first encounter on route I am not allowed to catch. This applies whether I managed to catch or not (also pokewalker counts as encounter). If first Pokemon is a dupe I am allowed nothing for that route.
    7. Gift Pokemon allowed and count as encounter for route/city.
    8. I am allowed to change DS time to give me best chances to catch what I want.
    9. Trainer ID determines starter.
    10. Pokemon nicknamed. Will give a hustle modest 4IV Nidoran to first person to guess theme (on X/Y).
    11. In game trades allowed with no penalty.

I selected a girl called Karla and her trainer ID determined Chikorita as my starter and I named him Steve. Ah well, at least it's Sassy nature boosts special defence. Might survive Faulkner's Pidgeotto's stupid gust long enough to poison if I get desperate from catches.

My first catch on route 29 was a level 2 Adamant Pidgey called Sam. Looking forward to using him - very happy with his nature.

Hoping for a Geodude to help me take out Faulkner I entered Route 46 and got attacked by... A Spearow! He's not going to help with type diversity, but caught him and named him Hank. Level 2 Hasty nature. Lowering defence not the best in a Nuzlocke, so not intending to invest too much time in him. Can you trade a spearow somewhere?

Sam the Pidgey then took a walk in the Refreshing Field. After 4400 steps we got a good feeling about catching a Kangaskhan or a Nidoran, both who would be great additions to the team. Using the Pokeradar we found... a Sentret. Sam put up a good fight, but unfortunately Sentret bolted and isn't part of my team. (To clarify my rules, I cannot go on Refreshing Field again or try to catch another Pokemon there. I am no longer allowed to catch a sentret or furret as that was my encounter. I am however allowed to go on next Route to try and catch something before Faulkner).

Sam the Pidgey has now gone to the Noisy Forest to get some exercise, maybe grow to level 4, and hopefully expand my team.

Update:

Saw a Paras in noisy forest, but didn't manage to catch it. I haven't used pokewalker in a long time and had forgotten how much luck is involved in catching there. Going to wait and try rugged path for ponyta or machop. In the game itself I have now made my way to Violet City. Along the way I caught Pietro the Rattata on route 30 and saw another rattata on route 31, which as per my rules, got killed for experience. Also accidently killed a zubat in Dark Cave.

In brighter news I managed to catch Clint the Gastly in Sprout tower and Wanda the Bellsprout Route 32. Wanda got traded for Rocky the Onix, to give me a good chance against Faulkner. I have the flash TM from Sprout tower so now I am getting my core team of 3 up to level 13 to be ready.

Tomorrow I will aim for a Pokewalker mon then make one of the two real decisions I am allowed in this Nuzlocke: which egg do I get from Violet city (Slugma, Mareep or Wooper from Primo, or Togepi from Elm's assistant)? Leaning towards Slugma, but if I get a Ponyta from Pokewalker will get Mareep.

Spoiler:- Team:

Spoiler:- Deaths:
    Last edited by Dr Worm; 24th June 2014 at 10:32 PM.
    Friend Code - 2767-0156-6561 - will add anybody at the moment
    Friend Safari - Doduo Tranquill and Rufflet

I left the Celadon City Gym and I headed for the Pokemon Center to heal my team again. I did that and then I headed east to Cycling Road since I wanted to take that path to Fuchsia City. I got to Cycling Road and I battled some of the Bikers who were hanging around there. I managed to beat a few of them before my Pokemon got weak and I had to return to the Pokemon Center to heal them. I eventually returned to Cycling Road and I captured a wild Slugma in the tall grass. I kept heading south afterwards while battling some more Bikers. I reached Fuchsia City and I roamed around, looking for stuff to do. I found the Pal Park building as I was exploring the city and I saved before transferring some Pokemon over.

I went through National Park again to get back to Route 36. I went up to the tree blocking the way and watered it with the SquirtBottle. Not liking this, it attacked, revealing itself to be a Sudowoodo. I weakened it using Phanpy and Croconaw, then tried catching it. The first few balls I used were not successful, so I then put Sudowoodo to sleep with Butterfree's Sleep Powder and then caught it in my next Great Ball. I then obtained the Berry Pots and a few berries as thanks for clearing the road from a girl from the flower shop in Goldenrod.

After that, I headed back to Violet City to heal and buy a few things. Then, I went back to Route 36 and continued to Route 37. I obtained a few Apricorns there and did some training. Then, I entered Ecruteak.

I transferred Pokemon from Ruby version at the Pal Park, then I headed to the Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon one last time and I went to the Fuchsia City Gym. The Gym puzzle was easy enough to figure out and I started battling trainers around the Gym. I managed to win easily with Noctowl and Typhlosion on my team, but I often switched to my Graveler since its Earthquake attack was useful against the Poison-type Pokemon. Even my Ampharos managed to prove useful against the various Poison Pokemon as well. I eventually reached Janine's place within the Gym, but I had to heal before the battle. I did that and returned to the Fuchsia City Gym and I saved there before challenging the Leader.

I visited the Ecruteak Pokemon Center to heal my team. Upon entering, I met Bill, who told me about how he designed the PC storage system. Once my team was healed, I went to go explore the city. In one house, I obtained a Dowsing Machine "MCHN". There was a Gym in town, but the Gym Leader wasn't there so I got kicked out by this old man. The last place I visited was the Dance Theatre. There, I saw a Team Rocket Grunt bothering a Kimono Girl. The other people in the building were too useless to do anything about the situation, so I had to take on the Rocket guy myself. He was not tough at all so I defeated him easily. I received the Surf HM as thanks.

I decided to head towards Cerulean City after beating Janine. I made my way around the routes east of Fuchsia City, then I wandered along the bridges on the eastern side of Kanto. I arrived in Lavender Town before long and I healed at the Pokemon Center since I had to battle trainers on the way there. I bought some items at the local Poke Mart, then I visited Mr. Fuji's house and then the House of Memories. Afterwards I visited the Lavender Town Radio Tower as well. I then left towards Saffron City and I headed north until I reached Cerulean City. I talked to the various people there in town and then I visited the Cerulean Gym only to find a Team Rocket grunt inside. He left, then I headed north to Route 25.

Went to the Burned Tower. Inside, I met the Ecruteak City Gym Leader, Morty, and Ultimate Suicune Fanboy™ Eusine. Behind them, I ran into my rival again and had to battle him. My Kadabra easily took out his Gastly and Zubat with Psychic. I then switched to my Lickitung to deal with his Bayleef and Magnemite. Lickitung was not able to OHKO those Pokemon, but it was still able to absorb their attacks very well and take them out. With that done, my rival left and I went down to the lower floor of the tower. There, I watched Raikou, Entei, and Suicune flee. Eusine then came down to gush about Suicune some more. After that, I just looked around and did some training.

I battled Misty at the Gym and she sent out her Quagsire first and I used my against it. I charged up Bellossom's Solarbeam attack and Quagsire fainted once it hit. Misty then sent out her Lapras, which was a lot harder to defeat. I used Bellossom against it too, but it wasn't able to use another Solarbeam attack since Lapras beat it with Ice Beam. I used Typhlosion instead, but Lapras used Sing, so I had to swap Pokemon again. I used Ampharos and I was able to beat Lapras with Thunderbolt. I then swapped to Noctowl when Misty sent out her Golduck. I defeated Golduck with Fly, then I faced off against Misty's Starmie. Noctowl took care of it with Shadow Ball, then I won the Cascade Badge from Misty and saved.

I went to the Ecruteak Gym. To get to the Gym Leader, I had to walk along a path without falling off. This was kind if difficult at times since the surroundings got darker whenever I defeated a trainer. Nevertheless, I was able to reach Morty and battle him.

Morty started with Gastly and I sent out Vulpix. I took out Gastly with Extrasensory. Next, I switched to Kadabra as Morty sent in Gengar. Kadabra used Psychic and got a Critical Hit, which took out Gengar. Then, Haunter came out and I sent in Butterfree. I put Haunter to sleep with Sleep Powder and then used Gust and Confusion to beat it. Morty's other Haunter was his last Pokemon. I went back to Vulpix and Burned it with Will-O-Wisp since I didn't think it would go down in one hit. But then, Haunter used Curse, which made it very easy for me to kill it on the next turn. I won my fourth badge, the Fog Badge.

Lv. 21-23

I healed at the Cerulean Pokemon Center and I decided that since I already had the Machine Part that a Rocket grunt stole, I may as well return it to the Kanto Power Plant, which was located east of Cerulean City. I cut down the tree that was blocking the path and then I battled many trainers in the area. I was glad that I had healed my Pokemon beforehand, because most of those trainers were tough. I reached the Pokemon Center at the foot of the mountains and then Surfed towards the Power Plant. I captured an Electabuzz in the tall grass, then I entered the building. I gave the Machine Part back to the manager, got a TM and I headed for Rock Tunnel since I had to get the radio expansion in Lavender Town.

Totally failed to catch the Ponyta I found on Rugged Road - I am rubbish at Pokewalker! However, I did manage to catch a Staryu on Beautiful Beach - my first pokewalker catch . Great Pokemon I've never used and with a Modest nature as well!

After some levelling took on Faulkner with my level 11 Rocky the Onyx as headline battler - who unfortunately spent most of the battle ignoring me. Using screech rather than Rock Throw twice, then using bind but missing against Pidgey, I swapped for Sam (my Pidgey) who got in a one hit KO with his tackle. Not doing much damage against Pidgeotto I swapped to Steve the Chikorita who did a great job stalling out Roost between Poison Powder, Tackle and Synthesis. Eventually I swapped to Rocky who got in a critical hit Rock Throw, and back to Sam to Finish him off.

Picked up a Slugma egg from Primo and made my way to Azalea Town. Saw Zubat first in Union Cave, so no catch allowed as saw one Dark Cave. Now want to hatch Slugma and take down the Rockets before slaughtering Bugsy with a Pidgey/Onyx/Slugma type advantage blitz.

Spoiler:- Team:

Spoiler:- Boxed:

Spoiler:- Deaths:
    Friend Code - 2767-0156-6561 - will add anybody at the moment
    Friend Safari - Doduo Tranquill and Rufflet

I entered Rock Tunnel next and I reached a staircase and I headed down into the next floor of the cavern after using Flash. I walked while battling wild Pokemon, then I captured a wild Marowak. I eventually found the exit to Rock Tunnel and I arrived at the mountains north of Lavender Town. I headed south, then I healed at the local Pokemon Center. I walked over to the Lavender Town Radio Tower and I talked to the director guy. He upgraded my Pokegear's radio and with that added I was able to play the Poke Flute channel. I left south towards the bridge area of Kanto and then I went west until I reached Route 11 that was near Vermilion City. I stopped in front of the sleeping Snorlax and I saved the game.

Healed my team at the Ecruteak Pokemon Center after leaving the Gym. Then, I headed out to Route 38 and continued my journey. I soon made it onto Route 39, where I net Baoba. He told me about the new Safari Zone opening up soon and then I registered him in my Pokegear. After that, I stopped by the MooMoo Farm for a bit. There was a sick Miltank there, so I gave it one of my Oran Berries. When that was done, I continued on my way to Olivine City. When I got there, I saw my rival again as he came out of the Gym. He didn't battle me, just complained about weak people again and mentioned that the Gym Leader was busy taking care of a sick Pokemon. I then went to the Pokemon Center.

I battled the Snorlax that was blocking the entrance of Diglett's Cave and I was able to weaken it enough to attempt to capture it, but it still took several Dusk Balls to accomplish the job. I wandered to the Vermilion City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon and to deposit Snorlax in a PC Box, then I left to Diglett's Cave again. I entered and I went through it until I reached the other side. I captured a Diglett before exiting the cave and then I arrived at Route 2. I cut down the skinny tree that was blocking the path to Pewter City, then I arrived and I bought some items at the local Poke Mart. I talked to everyone in town, collected the Silver Wing key item from an old man there, then I saved in front of the Pewter City Gym.

I spent some time talking to people in Olivine City. When I was done with that, I headed into the lighthouse. There were several floors to it and it was packed with trainers, so it took me quite some time to explore the whole thing. I managed to get some pretty good training done, though, with my Lickitung and Croconaw growing a few levels each. At the top of the lighthouse, I met the Olivine Gym Leader, Jasmine. She was not at the Gym because she as busy taking care of a sick Ampharos. She asked me to go to Cianwood to get some medicine for the Ampharos, so I'll head there next.

I entered the Pewter City Gym and battled a Gym trainer. I was able to defeat him, then I battled against a second Gym trainer and I defeated him as well. I then walked up to Brock and I challenged him as well. I was able to defeat his Graveler and his Rhyhorn with my Poliwhirl's Surf attack and then I had to battle against his Omastar and Kabutops. I used Bellossom against those two and I managed to defeat them both with Energy Ball. All that was left was Brock's Onix and my Typhlosion knocked it out with a single Earthquake attack. I won the Boulder Badge and the Rock Slide TM from Gym Leader Brock after I defeated him. I left the Pewter City Gym and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center next.

Headed out to Route 40. While walking along the beach, I came across the entrance to the Battle Frontier. However, it was not open yet, so I ignored it for now and started Surfing on the ocean. After defeating a few Swimmers, I moved onto Route 41. I passed by the Whirl Islands, but couldn't visit them at the moment because they were blocked by whirlpools. Instead, I fought some more trainers, which really helped my team grow in levels. My Phanpy also evolved into Donphan! When I was done training, I landed in Cianwood City.

I went to Mt. Moon after I won the Boulder Badge. I battled several trainers along Route 3 and I captured a few Pokemon while I was there. I eventually reached the Pokemon Center at the base of the mountain and I healed my Pokemon there. Once I entered Mt Moon, I encountered my rival. He wanted another battle, so we battled. I defeated him pretty quickly, then he left. I captured a wild Clefairy inside the cave and I visited Mt. Moon Square. I bought some items at the shop there, then I headed to Cerulean City. I flew back to Pewter City after riding around Route 24 and then I headed back south towards Route 2. I entered the gatehouse that led to the Viridian Forest and I saved after capturing a wild Pikachu.

I began looking around Cianwood. I went inside the pharmacy and obtained the SecretPotion to use on the sick Ampharos back in Olivine. Then, in the northern part of town I saw Suicune, who ran off when I got too close. Eusine appeared again after that to tell me more about his true love, then challenged me to a battle. He sent out his Drowzee, which my Vulpix took care of using a couple of Flamethrower attacks. Next, he had an Electrode so I switched over to Donphan and used Earthquake. Eusine's last Pokemon was Haunter, so I then switched to Butterfree and hit it with Psybeam. It survived and then hit with Hypnosis, meaning that I had to wait until Butterfree woke up to finish it off with Gust.

I walked around the Viridian Forest and I battled a Bug Catcher and I was able to defeat his Bug-type Pokemon with Typhlosion. I headed south after that battle and I encountered yet another Bug Catcher. I kept battling them, then I reached the side of the forest and I used Headbutt on a random tree. I found some common Pokemon like Hoothoot, then I encountered a wild Seedot in one of the trees. I captured it, then I headed towards the gatehouse. I got back outside to Route 2 and I headed south. I battled two more Bug Catchers, then I arrived in Viridian City. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and I talked to various trainers around town. I saved before challenging the Trainer House.

Went to the Cianwood City Gym. The Gym Leader, Chuck, was very easy to get to, but I couldn't battle him right away because he was too busy having water dumped on his head. Instead, I fought all the other trainers in the Gym first and then left to heal my team. When I returned, I went up to a switch thing and pressed it to raise the waterfall thing (?) away from Chuck so that I could battle him.

Chuck started with a Primeape, which my Kadabra had a very easy time defeating with Psychic. He then sent out Poliwrath and I decided to switch to Butterfree. I used Sleep Powder and then started attacking. Unfortunately for me, Poliwrath was bulkier than I was expecting and my Psybeam and Gust did not do very much. It didn't help that when I did get Poliwrath to red health, Chuck used a Hyper Potion on it. Still, I really wanted Butterfree to win the battle...until its Compoundeyes Ability failed and it missed when renewing Sleep Powder, causing Poliwrath to beat it with Body Slam. I then just sent out Kadabra again to finish the battle quickly with Psychic. I won the Storm Badge.

Lv. 27-28

I battled Cal at the Trainer House and I earned one Battle Point afterwards. I left the Trainer House and swapped Pokemon at the Viridian City Pokemon Center. I then visited the Gym, but it was empty since Blue was away. I headed south once I had finished everything in Viridian City and I entered Route 1. I battled a few trainers in the area and I even picked a Black Apricorn from a tree there. I eventually arrived in Pallet Town and I visited Red's house first. I talked to his mother and then I headed out to Blue's house. I talked to Daisy, then I headed to Professor Oak's lab. I chatted with him for a minute, then I left to the shore. I Surfed south towards Cinnabar Island and I saved halfway through the sea route.

When I left the Gym, I obtained the Fly HM from Chuck's wife. I then returned to Olivine City and headed back into the lighthouse. I took the elevator all the way up to the top where Jasmine and Ampharos were. I talked to Jasmine and handed over the SecretPotion from the pharmacy in Cianwood. She then used it on the Ampharos and it recovered from its illness.

With that taken care of, I went back to the bottom floor and exited the lighthouse. As soon as I was outside, I got a phone call from Baoba telling me that the Safari Zone is now open for business. I decided to go visit it, so I went back over to Cianwood and headed out to Route 47. I explored and battled some people before going onto Route 48.

Page 363 of 368 FirstFirst ... 263313353359360361362363364365366367 ... LastLast