Page 364 of 374 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,100 of 9346

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

I battled Swimmers and then I arrived in Cinnabar Island. There wasn't much there since the volcano had destroyed most of the buildings, but I did manage to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I then headed out again afterwards and I met Gym Leader Blue on the northern part of Cinnabar Island. I talked to him and then I set off towards the Seafoam Islands since Blue wouldn't battle with me until I got the Volcano Badge from Gym Leader Blaine. I battled more trainers along the way to the Seafoam Islands and then I finally arrived at the islands. I entered a cavern and I battled some wild Pokemon inside the icy cave there, just as a little extra training practice. I finally entered the main Gym and I saved inside.

I went into the patch of tall grass on Route 48 in hopes of finding a Farfetch'd to use as a Fly slave. I found one on my second random encounter and weakened it and put it to sleep. Then, I tried to catch it, which was really annoying as it broke out of a ridiculous number of my Great Balls. Once I finally caught it, I gave it an unfortunate nickname and continued to the Safari Zone Gate. I visited the Pokemon Center to heal and then sold a few things at the local shops. After that, I spent some time at the Safari Zone itself. I captured a Geodude and a Magneton before leaving.

I battled against Gym trainers at Blaine's Gym. I went around in a circle since I had to make my way towards the center of the Gym where Blaine was. I eventually had to leave the island in order to heal my Pokemon, many of which were injured. I returned to the Gym after healing and I challenged Gym Leader Blaine. He sent out his Rapidash and I used Poliwhirl against it. My Poliwhirl managed to win with a super effective Surf attack. I used my Typhlosion against Blaine's Magcargo and I won that match with an Earthquake attack. Once that was finished, I had to battle against his Magmar. I used Poliwhirl again and I won with another Surf attack. Overall, it was an easy battle and I got the Volcano Badge from Blaine.

I taught Fly to the Farfetch'd I caught and used it to backtrack to several places around Johto. I visited towns and routes with bodies of water that I could Surf on since I hadn't done much exploring with Surf yet. While Surfing, I was able to get a lot of exploring done and train my team a lot. Union Cave was especially good for exploring and training since there were many parts of it I couldn't get to earlier with many trainers. By the time I finished everything I wanted to do with Surf, my entire team was level 30 and my Croconaw had become a Feraligatr.

After I won the Volcano Badge, I returned to Cinnabar Island. I healed my Pokemon at the PC and t I flew back to Viridian City to challenge the Viridian City Gym. I entered it and the first Gym trainer inside was tough to beat and then the second was even tougher. I had to leave to heal my Pokemon after those first battles and then I headed out to do some more training before battling the other Gym trainers and Gym Leader Blue. I trained around Victory Road for about 40 minutes and then I headed over to Saffron City to purchase items. I eventually returned to the Viridian Cith Gym, and I battled the last remaining Gym trainers inside. I managed to find my way to Blue's place at the end of the Gym and I saved there.

Flew back to Olivine City. In the Pokemon Center, I linked up with my HeartGold version and traded my Kadabra over to it. Kadabra evolved into Alakazam and then I traded it back to SoulSilver. Then, I used a Fire Stone that I traded over earlier on my Vulpix in order to evolve it into Ninetales.

With those evolutions out of the way, I headed to the Olivine Gym. None of the regular trainers in there wanted to battle, so I was able to go straight to Jasmine and battle her. She lead with a Magnemite that my Donphan had no trouble taking down with Earthquake. I then switched to Ninetales as she sent in Steelix. Flamethrower dealt with that Pokemon and Jasmine's other Magnemite too. I was awarded the Mineral Badge for winning.

Lv. 30-31

Once I won the Earth Badge, I left the Viridian Gym and I headed to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I bought some items at the Poke Mart and since I now had all 16 badges, I decided to head south to Pallet Town to chat with Professor Oak. I arrived in Pallet Town and I asked Daisy to massage one of my Pokemon and then I entered Professor Oak's lab. He was happy that I had gotten all 16 badges and he gave me the Rock Climb HM as a reward for my hard work. I taught Rock Climb to my newly-evolved Golem and then I flew to Cinnabar Island to test it out. I climbed the ledges around the volcano there and I collected some items. I then flew back to Viridian City and I saved before going west.

Returned to Ecruteak and then went out to Route 42. When I began walking along the road there, a Hiker suddenly barged out of Mt. Mortar. He gave me the Strength HM before leaving. I didn't want to go through the mountain at all right now, so I just Surfed across the little ponds. I encountered Entei while Surfing, which was a little startling. I threw a ball at it just for fun, but it broke out and ran away. Then, I saw Suicune again and it too ran away from me. My friend Eusine then showed up to rave about his crush some more.

I then continued on my way until reaching Mahogany Town. I purchased a RageCandyBar and then sold a few things at the souvenir shop that's totally-just-a-souvenir-shop-and-nothing-else. I also heard many people around town taking about weird stuff happening at the Lake of Rage, so I'll go there next.

I headed to the Pokemon League Reception Gate and I arrived at the route near Mt. Silver Cave and I traveled through the tall grass. I was able to make use of the wild Pokemon there for training purposes, then I arrived at the Pokemon Center. I healed my Pokemon there and I headed outside again to battle more Pokemon. I leveled up my Pokemon a bit, then I headed into Mt. Silver Cave itself. Once inside, I had Golem use Rock Climb and I climbed the ledges. I battled more Pokemon inside, then I headed outside again on the east side of the mountain and I walked through another cave. I climbed Mt. Silver some more and I entered Moltres's lair. I didn't want to capture it just yet, so I left and I saved outside.

I left Mahogany Town onto Route 43. I had several trainer battles there, during one of which my Lickitung learned Rollout. It evolved into Lickilicky when that battle was over. Continuing north, I eventually ended up at the Lake of Rage. I Surfed on the lake and saw a red coloured Gyarados. I talked to it and a battle started. My Butterfree paralyzed it with Stun Spore and then I switched to Feraligatr to weaken it. Once it was sufficiently weakened, I threw Ultra Balls until it was caught.

After catching the Gyarados, I obtained a Red Scale. I also met this guy named Lance, who asked me to help him investigate what's going on in Mahogany Town. But I think I'll do that tomorrow since I've been playing this game for a long time today.

I climbed the snow-covered ledges on Mt. Silver and then I reached the summit. I met Red there and we began to battle. He sent out his Pikachu and I used my Typhlosion against it. It only took one strong Earthquake attack to beat Pikachu, then I had to face off against Red's Lapras. I used Ampharos against it, but even its ThunderPunch attack didn't beat it. I had to use Thunderbolt to end that match, then I fought Red's Snorlax. It took forever to defeat it, even with Golem and Noctowl. After that tedious match, I fought Red's Charizard using my Golem and then I attacked Red's Blastoise with Bellossom. Only his Venusaur was left, but I took it down with Typhlosion's Eruption attack. Red lost and the credits rolled.

I went back to Mahogany Town and entered the totally-not-suspicious souvenir shop. Inside, Lance revealed that there was a secret staircase located underneath this gold block thing. I went down the stairs and ended up in Team Rocket's headquarters. The first floor was full of these Persian statues that would set off an alarm and cause some Rocket Grunts to battle me whenever I stepped in front of them. There was a switch to turn the alarm off, but I didn't use it because I wanted the money and experience from all the fights. I also came across a section full of wild Pokemon traps. I battled all those Pokemon for experience too. When I was done with the first floor, I headed down another set of stairs.

I left New Bark Town again and I headed outside and I flew to Goldenrod City. I set off north towards the Pokeathlon Dome near National Park. I entered the Power Course there with my Machamp, Golem and Poliwrath and I won. I then headed over to National Park and after wandering through the tall grass, I climbed a ledge and I used Headbutt on a tree there. I encountered a wild Cherubi and I captured it. I then headed to Violet City and I bought items at the Poke Mart. I went to the Ruins of Alph afterwards and I decided to capture all the different Unown's there. I already had five different kinds, so that meant that I needed 21 other Unown. After about 15 minutes, I had captured about 10 more forms and I saved.

When I reached the next floor of Team Rocket's hideout, I ran into Lance again and he healed my Pokemon. I then continued on my way and fought a couple of Team Rocket Grunts. I then went to the next floor, where Lance told me that we needed to get some passwords before we could stop Team Rocket. So, I fought more Rocket people until I found out the passwords needed to get to the boss's room. On the way to that room, I saw my rival again and listened to him complain about wimps and Lance and stuff. After that, I entered the leader's room and had to fight Team Rocket's Executive Petrel. He wasn't that hard to defeat; my Alakazam took out his Zubat and Koffing and then Feraligatr defeated Raticate.

I spent 40 more minutes or so searching the Ruins of Alph for the last Unown forms. I finally captured them all and I showed my completed Unown Report to the scientists at the ruins. Afterwards I headed to Violet City again and I released all the Unown that I had recently captured since I no longer needed them. I headed back to the Ruins of Alph with my event Arceus and I activated the Sinjoh Ruins event there. I was transported to the Sinjoh Ruins and I met up with Cynthia inside a cabin there. We walked to the Mystri Stage and then I chose to stand on Palkia's circle. Arceus used its power to create a level 1 Palkia for me and then the event ended. I returned to the Ruins of Alph and I saved at the Violet City PC.

After defeating Petrel, he reminded me that I couldn't open the last password-protected door without saying the password in his voice. But fortunately for me, there was a talking Murkrow in the room that could mimic Petrel's voice! O__o

I followed the Murkrow around until it unlocked the last door for me. But then, I was stopped by a Rocket Grunt and Executive Ariana. Lance showed up again and he and I teamed up against Ariana and the Grunt in a Double Battle. My Feraligatr mainly used Crunch and Ice Fang during the fight while Lance's hacked level 40 Dragonite spammed Fly. Once the battle was over, Lance and I went up to the generator that was sending out weird radio signals that were forcing Pokemon to evolve. It was being powered by some Electrode, so we had to defeat them all. When that was done, Lance gave me the HM for Whirlpool.

I decided to get the remaining event Pokemon within HeartGold. I headed over to Azalea Town and I visited the Pokemon Center. I withdrew my Pikachu-Colored Pichu from the PC, then I headed over to the Ilex Forest to activate the Spiky-Ear Pichu event. I walked up to the Ilex Forest shrine and then Pichu appeared from behind it. My Pikachu-Colored Pichu chased the Spiky-Ear Pichu around the forest, then they returned and an old man appeared. He talked about the Spiky-Ear Pichu and he told me that I could take it with me. Once I had the Spiky-Ear Pichu, I left and I deposited both Pichu in my PC. I then headed over to Kurt's house and I picked up some Fast Balls. I left Black Apricorns with him afterwards.

My first ever nuzlocke was cut short by me going blind and being caught offguard by a level 13 pidgeotto that took out my whole team due to it constantly waking up and using roost
    Hello I'm looking for a Shaymin in order to acquire all the events
    White friend code is 1075 6786 7960
    White 2 Friend code is 3912 5384 7221
    Y friend code:2836 0178 6989 Friend Safari: Grumpig, Sigylyph, Gothrita

I returned to the Azalea Town PC and I withdrew my event Celebi. I took that to the Ilex Forest shrine and then Ethan appeared. Celebi warped us into the past using its time travel abilities. Me and Ethan were standing at the route west of Viridian City and Silver was talking to Giovanni. They talked and then Celebi warped us to Tohjo Falls where Giovanni was hiding. Before he could leave the cave to join Team Rocket, I confronted him and challenged him to a battle. I was able to defeat him easily since his Pokemon were pretty weak compared to mine. After I defeated him, he left the cave and he pretty much gave up on rejoining Team Rocket. Celebi returned us to the present and I saved in Goldenrod City.

With the Team Rocket hideout taken care of, I headed to the Mahogany Town Gym. The Gym's puzzle consisted of several sliding ice puzzles, so I had to figure out how to get around while fighting all the trainers. I soon reached Pryce and battled him. He started the battle with his Seel, which my Lickilicky took out with a Thunderbolt. Piloswine came in next, so I switched to Ninetales and defeated it with Flamethrower. Pryce's final Pokemon was Dewgong. I went back to Lickilicky and used Thunderbolt, but Dewgong survived. Dewgong then used Rest, though, so I was able to easily take it out as it did nothing except Sleep Talk --> Rest. I have seven badges now.

Lv. 33-34

After visiting Goldenrod City again, I wandered over to National Park afterwards and I entered the Bug-Catching Contest again. I pretty much captured the first Pokemon that I encountered (Beedrill) and luckily for me, I won first place. I left National Park and I flew to Blackthorn City. I visited the Move Deleter's house and I used his services. I then headed back to Olivine City and I visited the Glitter Lighthouse since there were trainers in there who wanted a rematch. I defeated two of them and then I headed to the Battle Frontier. I entered through the Frontier Access area and I decided to compete at the Battle Arcade first since I always get lucky there. I saved the game before entering the main competition.

As soon as I left the Mahogany Gym, I got an urgent phone call from Prof. Elm. He told me about some odd Team Rocket thing being broadcast over the radio, so I decided to head to Goldenrod City to see what was going on at the Radio Tower. When I made it back to Goldenrod, I quickly saw that the city had been taken over by Team Rocket. I tried going to the Radio Tower but was blocked by a Team Rocket Grunt on the first floor who wouldn't let me pass him.

I then talked to some of the other grunts around town and heard about someone getting more Rocket uniforms in the underground tunnel. So, I went there and obtained a Team Rocket uniform from a TR member who mistook me for a new recruit. Before heading back to the Radio Tower, I went to several places around town and talked to people to see their reactions to me dressed as a member of TR (my favourite, from someone in the department store: "We aren't selling sanity here").

When I was done with that, I finally went back to the Radio Tower. The Rocket who was blocking me earlier fell for my disguise...but then my rival showed up and ruined everything by stripping me ;) revealing my true identity. I then had to battle that grunt. When that was done, I went upstairs and had many more battles. Eventually, I reached the director's office and talked to him. It turns out it was just Petrel in disguise and I battled him again. He had a team of just Koffing and a Weezing, so my Alakazam was able to wipe out his entire team. I then received the Basement Key.

I entered the Battle Arcade with Typhlosion, Golem and Lapras. I started encountering some trouble while I fought the fourth trainer from the first set though. I managed to overcome the challenge, but things started to get harder as I progressed through the facility. I finally cleared the challenge and I got some BP. I decided that my team wasn't very good, so I swapped Lapras for Suicune and I re-entered the Battle Arcade challenge. The trainers from the second set were a lot tougher and when I challenged the sixth trainer from the second set, I had a lot of trouble with their Chansey, but Typhlosion managed to help me out of that. I defeated the seventh trainer and I saved the game after that challenge ended.

Quote Originally Posted by James2344 View Post
    My first ever nuzlocke was cut short by me going blind and being caught offguard by a level 13 pidgeotto that took out my whole team due to it constantly waking up and using roost
    Same thing happened with me! I can't believe they put such a difficult pokemon in so early. My second attempt I lost my Hoothoot.

On my current Nuzlocke I decided I need to play properly and go with tactical teams rather than pokemon i like. I didn't manage to catch a Geodude or Mareep, but did catch a Bellsprout to trade for Onix. However he didn't obey me so was rubbish. Weirdly Chikorita got me through that match better than anything else - it poisoned him and Pidgeotto kept using Roost until it ran out of PP.

Nuzlockes are fun. I hope you start again and post here. I'd read it.
    Friend Code - 2767-0156-6561 - will add anybody at the moment
    Friend Safari - Doduo Tranquill and Rufflet

I can breed for trade (all 4 or 5IV - good natures): (HA) (HA) (HA) or

I left the Battle Arcade and wandered to the Battle Castle. I entered the challenge with Gengar, Snorlax and Lapras and then I was taken into a hallway where Darach of the Battle Castle gave me several options. I decided to start the challenge and I was able to defeat the first opponent easily. I got some Castle Points for beating the trainer, then I was given more options. I decided to continue battling and save up Castle Points. I continued to battle until I defeated all seven trainers in the set. I then headed back out, and I swapped Snorlax for Raikou since it seemed to be the weakest Pokemon that I had on my team. I entered the competition again and I battled trainers. I saved after defeating the fifth trainer.

Page 364 of 374 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368 ... LastLast