Page 365 of 376 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 9398

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

Hatched my Slugma and named him Tony - I've yet to catch a female Pokemon so my team is turning into a bit of a boys club. I reckon they hang around smoking cigars when I'm not playing.

Took down the Rockets in Slowpoke Well without incident and trained Tony up to level 13 before going to challenge Bugsy. Scyther got in a strong hit on Tony so I switched him out for the rest of the match and let Sam (one of my most reliable Pokes) take him down. Then Metapod and Kakuna - really, from a Gym leader? A bit on an anti-climatic win after facing Scyther at the beginning of the match. Won a U-turn TM though.

On my first attempt at a Nuzlocke I died to Faulkner, second attempt to Silver so decided to do a bit of training first and got most of my team to level 17. Steve evolved to Bayleef during this and learned Reflect. He's my least fav starter, but to be fair he's performing okay for me, so i'm not ready to box him just yet. I also took another stroll in the Pokewalker - rugged path - as beating Bugsy allows me to catch something else. Caught a Magnemite which I was delighted with so welcomed him to my team. Also visited Elm with my Togepi who had hatched and then released him as my encounter for Violet city was Tony the Slugma.

Onto Silver I managed to put up a good fight and beat him without losing anyone. Sam the Pidgey did well against Gastly, Rocky the Onix against Zubat and Staryu against Quilava. I did try to use Tony against Quilava but quick attack did quite a bit of damage. Not sure how useful Tony is turning out so far. He has magma armour rather than flame body so is not burning anybody.

Entering Ilex forest I got attacked by a Paras. Paras was an encounter in pokewalker so not allowed anything on this route . Returned some farfetch'd to a guy who had lost them and got to a tree I needed to cut down. Steve got taught Cut HM as I don't want to use a dedicated HM slave. Rocky learned headbutt from a friendly move tutor to I headed back to Azalea town where i had no encounter.

Nothing on the first two trees I tried, but on the third... a HERACROSS!!! Yes, pokemon i was really hoping for on this Nuzlocke. Only level 3 or 4 so I was very nervous about catching with my level 17 beasts. I yawned using tony and thundershocked with Magnemite (who is still only level 8). Managed to catch him with a great ball . Named him Hank (I realise I already have a Hank in my PC, but who cares?).

So my seventh Pokemon. I had to box somebody and went with Rocky the Onix for a couple of reasons.
    1. I used Rocky the Onix on my main playthrough of heartgold so don't want to duplicate.
    2. I'd rather have Steelix, but don't want to trade evolve - seems a bit of a cheat somehow on a Nuzlocke.
    3. I didn't nickname him so doesn't go with my theme.
    Rocky served me well so far so I am somewhat sorry to see him go. If i have any bad matches and need to restock my team we may see him again though!

Got through the rest of Ilex forest starting to train Hank the Heracross and Sam evolved to Pidgeotto. Decided to use the Roost and U-Turn TMs on him to make him more useful. I know Pidgey line learns roost naturally but at high levels and I may find myself in a match I need to heal.

Got to Goldenrod beating all the trainers on the way. Went back to the grass and saw a Drowzee. Caught him (HIM again - seriously, boys club) and named him Bruce. Now i have a bit of a dilemma as I'd really like to use a Drowzee, but don't want to replace any of my team. Tony is worst performer so far, but I've never used a Slugma and want to give him more of a chance. Rock and Fire are pretty great offensively as well. The other option is probably Magnemite as I had one in my Firered Nuzlocke. However electric and a normal resist is too useful, at least until Whitney - especially given i boxed Rocky. I could also have a rotating team as I have tended to do in my last few playthroughs, but was intending to try and stick to six this time.

Spoiler:- Team:

Spoiler:- Boxed:

Spoiler:- Deaths:
    Friend Code - 2767-0156-6561 - Doduo Tranquill and Rufflet

Plenty of 5IVs to trade - particularly Ground Pokemon. I'm not looking for anything and am happy to help people out - though appreciate interesting breeding rejects.

I switched over to my sister's old SoulSilver and started a new game. I started out in New Bark Town and went downstairs and my mother talked to me and gave me a Pokegear. I walked outside and a Marill arrived. Ethan took his Marill back and then I went to Elm's lab and got a Totodile. I then left to Route 29, but Elm gave me his number before I left. I walked all the way to Cherrygrove City and I got a tour of the town once I arrived. I also got the Town Map feature installed in my Pokegear afterwards and the Running Shoes as I left town. I walked to Mr. Pokemon's house, got the Pokemon egg for Elm and then Elm called me saying that I had to go back to New Bark Town for something. I saved the game.

I left the Radio Tower for the moment and headed over to the underground tunnel. I met another Kimono Girl there and then used the Basement Key to unlock a door leading to another section. I quickly ended up in a room with a puzzle involving doors that opened or closed in response to pressing switches. However, before I could try the puzzle, I was stopped by my rival and had to fight him. My Ninetales did very well in this battle, using Extrasensory to take out Golbat and Haunter and Flamethrower to defeat Magnemite and Meganium. Ninetales got Poisoned by Meganium, though, so I switched to Lickilicky to deal with Sneasel.

After defeating my rival, I fought some more Team Rocket Grunts and some Burglars and then began figuring out the puzzle by pressing switches. I figured out the solution and then advanced to the next room. In there, I battled some more Rockets before finding the real Radio Tower director. He gave me the Card Key to use to access the rest of the Radio Tower.

I battled my rival as I headed over to New Bark Town again. My Totodile managed to make Chikorita faint with a critical hit and I finally returned to Professor Elm's lab again and I helped identify my rival. I then received Poke Balls and after Ethan taught me how to capture Pokemon, I went back to Cherrygrove City and headed on north to Route 30 and 31. I then trained along the route while battling the trainers and wild Pokemon that I encountered. I met up with Ethan and he gave me the Vs. Recorder as I was about to enter Violet City. I finally arrived and healed at the Pokemon Center. I then headed over to the Sprout Tower and began fighting the Sages there as I climbed to the summit of the tower. Saved.

Healed my Pokemon at the Goldenrod Pokemon Center and then returned to the Radio Tower. I went to the floor with some shutters and used the Card Key to open them and access the rest of the tower. I fought a regular Team Rocket Grunt and then continued onward. I ended up having to fight the other three Executives of Team Rocket.

First, I had a rematch against Executive Proton. He started with a Golbat while I sent out my Donphan. I took it out using a couple of Ice Shard attacks and then switched to Alakazam. Proton sent in Weezing, and I defeated it with Psychic. With that battle over, I continued up another flight of stairs until running into Ariana. Donphan won against her Arbok using an Ice Shard followed by Earthquake. I then sent in Ninetales to take out her Vileplume with Flamethrower. Ariana's final Pokemon was Murkrow, so I switched to Feraligatr and used Ice Fang.

After winning that battle, I went out onto the tower's observation deck. There, I confronted the last Executive of Team Rocket, Archer. I still had my Donphan out front and used it to defeat Archer's Houndour with Earthquake. He then used his Koffing, so I went back to Ninetales since it was pretty close to a level up. Finally, I went back to Donphan and used Earthquake again to defeat Houndoom. Archer was defeated, and Team Rocket was finished. The Radio Tower director then approached me and thanked me by giving me the Silver Wing.

I defeated the Sages in the Sprout Tower and I then went around to explore around Violet City. I encountered a Mareep and Wooper at Route 32 and captured both. I then went west to the Ruins of Alph to train so that my Pokemon would level up for the battle against Falkner. After training, I went to the Gym and battled those two trainers in there. Once that was done, I challenged Gym Leader Falkner, but I had a tough time against his Pidgeotto. I used a Potion on Totodile and was able to stay in the battle enough to defeat Falkner. I got the Zephyr Badge and healed at the Violet City Pokemon Center. I then obtained an Egg from Elm's assistant and headed south to Azalea Town for the next Gym battle and I saved.

I made my way out of the Radio Tower and went to the nearest Pokemon Center to heal. After that, I flew back to Mahogany Town and headed out onto Route 44. I fought a few trainers and picked up a few items on that route before heading into the Ice Path. The first part of the cave consisted of ice puzzles where I had to slide across the ice in the right directions. I found the HM for Waterfall while doing this and immediately taught that move to my Feraligatr since it was in dire need of physical STAB. In the next section of the cave, there was a Strength puzzle that involved me having to push some boulders down holes. I was fortunately able to solve this puzzle right away and without screwing up once. After getting passed that part, I slid around on some more ice and helped out a Kimono Girl who was stuck in some ice. I then found the exit and winded up in Blackthorn City.

I made my way south to Azalea Town and battled trainers along the way. I made it to the Pokemon Center on Route 32 and healed there. I then made my way into Union Cave. I encountered a Geodude and Onix and caught both. I also battled some trainers in the cave and that gave my Totodile enough experience for it to evolve into Croconaw. I finally made it out of the cave and collected two Apricorns from a nearby tree. I encountered Team Rocket on the way to Azalea Town and after that I healed in the Pokemon Center. I walked around and since I couldn't enter the Gym, I went to the Slowpoke Well to fight off Team Rocket. I defeated the first Team Rocket grunts in there, but saved before fighting Proton.

After healing my Pokemon, I took some time to look around Blackthorn. I went into the move reminder's house and gave up my Heart Scale to teach Nasty Plot to my Ninetales. After that, I walked all the way up to the Dragon's Den, but wasn't allowed inside. There was also a Gym in town, but I didn't want to do it yet. Instead, I headed down to Routes 45 and 46 to do some training and exploring. There were several ways in which to go down the mountain, so I flew back to Blackthorn and travelled down again several times to make sure I took each path. When I was done, I saved the game.

I finally battled Proton and I defeated his Pokemon with Croconaw and Geodude. I then left the Slowpoke Well and healed at the Pokemon Center. I entered the Azalea Town Gym and battled the Gym trainers, leveling up my Pokemon in the process. I then battled Bugsy and had a hard time against Scyther. I had to switch to my Wooper and then Hoothoot and the latter scored a critical hit and I defeated it. Croconaw then took care of Metapod and Kakuna and I defeated Bugsy, got the U-Turn TM and the Hive Badge. I then battled my rival as I was going to the Ilex Forest. I beat him easily since Croconaw was my strongest Pokemon. Afterwards I healed my team at the Pokemon Center and trained a bit in Union Cave.

In Goldenrod went to the name rater and named my Pokewalker catches Staryu - Wanda, and Magnemite - Thor. Then went and put Hank the Heracross and Thor in daycare to level up whilst I explored the rest of the city and picked up items etc.

Knowing how tough Whitney was I trained Hank up to level 19 (my level cap is also 19 as am not allowed to level next gym leader's pokemon) to learn Brick Break as well as the rest of the team to around 18/19. Feeling prepared with a strong fighting move, as well as a good resistance with Thor I went to face Whitney.

Started with Thor against Clefairy, who didn't manage to finish her off so switch to Sam the Pidgeotto for a U-turn. This didn't quite KO so Staryu had to use a Water Gun. Then the real challenge - Miltank.

Disaster I'm afraid. A mixture of bad luck and my male boy's club failing miserably against attract. A couple of unlucky critical hits as well, and healing with Super potions meant I lost FOUR brave team members. It was a heartwrenching battle and I wish I has sacrificed somebody early, which might have been better. I was doing well until Heracross got flinched twice in a row by Stomp. Miltank was one Brick Break away from fainting at that point so that sealed my fate.

So trying to move on I replaced my team from box members - at least we see Rocky the Onix again, and I get to use Drowzee. I get to use another Pokewalker route, and bug catching contest, so may come out with areasonable team

Spoiler:- Team:

Spoiler:- Boxed:

Spoiler:- Deaths:
    Friend Code - 2767-0156-6561 - Doduo Tranquill and Rufflet

Plenty of 5IVs to trade - particularly Ground Pokemon. I'm not looking for anything and am happy to help people out - though appreciate interesting breeding rejects.

I had Kurt make me a Fast Ball with a White Apricorn and I left his house and headed for the Ilex Forest. I arrived at the gate for the Ilex Forest and upon walking through it, I wandered around a bit until I found the kid who had lost his two Farfetch'd. I decided to help him locate them and I got the Cut HM afterwards once that was done. I cut down the tree near the forest shrine and I made my way to the end of the forest. I encountered a Kimono Girl there and then I arrived at Route 34, right before arriving at Goldenrod City. I trained in the tall grass against trainers and wild Pokemon and then I met Ethan near the Day Care. We talked and did stuff and then I saved the game before entering Goldenrod.

I went to the Blackthorn City Gym. There, I had to get around by rotating and moving platforms across lava. I fought all the Gym trainers along the way. Once I made it to the back of the Gym, I battled Clair. I sent out Lickilicky and used Thunderbolt to take out her Gyarados. Then, I defeated Dragonair using a Surf and an Ice Beam attack.

Clair's next Pokemon was Kingdra, which was also her most annoying Pokemon by far. I switched to Feraligatr and tried setting up a couple of Dragon Dances, but Kingdra lowered my accuracy with Smokescreen. None of my attacks were hitting after that, so I switched to Alakazam. Unfortunately, Alakazam fainted before it could defeat Kingdra. I went back to Feraligatr and managed to use Dragon Dance again without getting hit by Smokescreen. I then took out Kingdra with Crunch and then used Ice Fang to defeat the other Dragonair.

Despite winning the battle, Clair refused to give me the badge unless I went to Dragon's Den. So, I'll go there next.

I arrived in Goldenrod City and I went to the Pokemon Center. I then visited the Department Store and I shopped for some items. After shopping a bit, I returned to the Day Care to deposit some Pokemon and I headed for the Goldenrod Radio Tower to get the radio card installed into my Pokegear. Whitney returned to her Gym afterwards and I wandered over to the Flower Shop and the Name Rater's house and then I went to the Bike Shop and obtained a free Bicycle there. I went to the underground place and I battled some trainers there and gave my Togepi a haircut. I healed at the Pokemon Center once more and I went into the Goldenrod City Gym to challenge Whitney. I saved inside before battling trainers.

Surfed over to Dragon's Den. There were several trainers there so I took the time to fight them all. When that was done, I crossed a whirlpool and headed into a shrine. In there, I had to answer some questions from the Dragon clan master. They were all pretty easy with obvious answers. When the quiz was over, Clair came in and was somehow shocked that I passed. She then gave me the Rising Badge after the clan master guy threatened to tell on her to Lance. I then made my way out of the Dragon's Den, obtaining the Dragon Pulse TM from Clair along the way.

I battled the first couple of trainers inside the Goldenrod Gym. After a few easy battles, I proceeded to challenge the remaining Gym trainers and I managed to beat them all. I healed at the local Pokemon Center before challenging Whitney and then I returned to the Gym. I managed to defeat Whitney's Clefairy with my Flaaffy, but I had to swap out to Oddish when she sent out her Miltank. I managed to hold it off for a while, but things got tough and I had to use my Croconaw next. I beat Miltank eventually and I got the Plain Badge and the Attract TM from Gym Leader Whitney. I healed once more at the local Pokemon Center and I picked up the Squirtbottle from the Flower Shop. I saved before heading out again.

As soon as I made it back outside, I got a call from Prof. Elm telling me to come by the lab. So, I flew to New Bark Town and did just that. Elm gave me a Master Ball and then told me that the Kimono Girls I helped out throughout my journey were waiting for me in Ecruteak.

I then went over to Ecruteak City and headed to the dance theatre. When I tried going in, my rival suddenly popped out and told me that the Kimono Girls totally owned him and then ran off crying. Inside the theatre, I had to fight the five Kimono Girls myself all in a row without interruption. They each used an Eeveelution and were definitely not pushovers. I think Espeon was the most difficult battle, since it killed my Butterfree and did quite a lot of damage to my Donphan with Psychic. Once the Kimono Girls were all defeated, they gave me a Tidal Bell and told me to head to the Whirl Islands.

Lv. 38-40

I headed to National Park next. I got to the gatehouse before Route 35 and I obtained a Spearow there. I decided to hang on to it for now and I walked around and battled against some trainers and after training a bit in the tall grass, I got to the gate for National Park and the Pokeathlon Dome. I went to the Pokeathlon Dome first and met Magnus the owner of the dome and then I went inside and competed for a bit. I returned to the gate afterwards and I accessed National Park. I got a Quick Claw from a girl there and then I trained in the tall grass. I battled some trainers and registered a few into my Pokegear and then I finished off my training. I left to the western gate and I arrived on Route 36 and I saved there.

Flew back to Cianwood and Surfed to one of the Whirl Islands.
    But then, I realized I forgot to buy more Poke Balls, so I had to stop by Olivine to do that.
    I then went inside one of the islands...only to realize it was too dark inside, so I had to leave again to drag my Flash slave out of the PC. -_-

Once I was finally prepared, I began exploring the Whirl Islands and found several items. I then tried looking for the correct path I needed to take to get to the Kimono Girls, but got hopelessly lost for a while...until remembering that only one of the entrances leads to Lugia. So, I had to leave AGAIN and go over to the right island. >__>

After reaching the correct island, I made my way down to where the Kimono Girls were waiting for me. I watched them dance around until Lugia emerged. I saved and then talked to it to start a battle.

I got to Route 36 and the picked a Blue Apricorn from a tree. I also battled trainers and I got to the strange tree there and I used the Squirtbottle to make it attack. I fought Sudowoodo and captured it and I decided to add it to my team for later. The girl there gave me some berries and once she left, I headed for Violet City to swap Pokemon and heal. I got that done at the Pokemon Center and then I went back to Route 36. I battled some more trainers on my way to Ecruteak City and I also picked more Apricorns. I finally got to Ecruteak City and I met Bill at the Pokemon Center. I healed and then I headed south again to train my team for the Ecruteak City Gym battle that was coming up. I saved afterwards.

I began my battle with Lugia by having Butterfree Paralyze it with Stun Spore. Butterfree then whittled down Lugia's health as much as it could before fainting. I then sent it Feraligatr to weaken it a little further. Once Lugia's HP was red, I started chucking Ultra Balls at it. Lugia broke out of quite a few balls and defeated quite a few of the Pokemon I had with me, so I was worried that I would have to reset and try again soon. But then, Lugia decided to stay in the ball and was caught. With that done, I immediately used an Escape Rope to gtfo of the freakin' Whirl Islands (Bell Tower is so much better...) and then returned to Cherrygrove to heal and use the PC.

I finished training my team and I healed at the Ecruteak City Pokemon Center and I headed out to train once more. I evolved Spearow into Fearow and then I focused on training my Flaaffy some more. I got finished with that and I returned to Ecruteak City. I stopped by the Poke Mart to purchase some items and then I headed for the Burned Tower. I battled my rival once I got there and after a few minutes, I beat him. I met Eusine and Morty in there and I headed down to the lower level of the Burned Tower. I set the three Legendary Beasts free and then I left the tower to challenge Morty. I did some wandering before that though and I got the TM for Shadow Claw east of Ecruteak City. I saved the game afterwards.

Walked back to New Bark Town. There was a body of water located near my house, so I started to Surf on it. When I made it across the water, I was on Route 27 in the Kanto region. I then went into Tohjo Falls and travelled up and down the waterfalls in order to access the other part of R. 27. I fought several trainers before reaching Route 26. I went inside a house there and got my Pokemon healed, then continued heading north. Eventually, I came across the Pokemon League Reception Gate located just before Victory Road. I showed my badges to one of the guards there in order to let me go to Victory Road.

I got to the Ecruteak City Gym and I battled against the first Gym trainer inside. I managed to defeat the trainer and moved on to the next one. I continued the pattern until I reached Morty's spot, but I left quickly to heal my team at the Pokemon Center. I returned and I challenged him to a battle. I used Sudowoodo against his Gastly and I beat it. Mosty then switched to Haunter and I used Fearow against it. I managed to defeat it and I swapped out to Flaaffy to battle Gengar. That was a tougher battle than I thought, but I defeated it with Shock Wave. I took down Morty's last Haunter and I got the Fog Badge from him as well as the TM containing Shadow Ball. I left the Gym and saved at the Pokemon Center.

Before going through Victory Road, I went back to Route 26 and trained until all my team members were the same level. When that was done, I went back to the reception gate and this time went all the way through to the Victory Road cave. In there, I pushed some Strength boulders around, fell down a few holes, and collected some nice items. I didn't see any trainers, so I fought some wild Pokemon to toughen my team up.

But just as I was about to approach the exit, my rival showed up and I had to battle him again. My Donphan came out against his Sneasel and OHKOed it with Earthquake. I then switched to Ninetales and used its Flamethrower and Extrasensory to take out Meganium and Haunter. Next, my rival sent out his Kadabra while I went to Feraligatr. I won that matchup with Waterfall and then stayed in against Magneton to defeat it with my newly learned Earthquake. My rival's final Pokemon was Golbat, which I defeated using a couple of attacks from Lickilicky.

With my rival defeated again, I left Victory Road and entered Indigo Plateau.

Page 365 of 376 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375 ... LastLast