Page 369 of 376 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,225 of 9396

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

Anyone got some advice for my HeartGold nuzlocke? My friend set the rules. Species clause, start with an egg he gave me (turned out to be Sunkern lol). Get a Primo egg instead of Togepi (got Slugma because I had Mareep and a water-type and a ground-type already. What can I do that won't end up with Chuck destroying my team?

Here are my Pokemon that aren't too low-levelled to bother with:
    On team:
    Geodude Lv 24 (magnitude, rock throw, headbutt, rock polish)
    Croconaw Lv 25 (ice fang, shadow claw, headbutt, water gun)
    Fearow Lv 25 (peck, aerial ace, fury attack, pursuit)
    Scyther Lv 25 (U-Turn, Fury Cutter, Wing Attack Pursuit)
    Slugma Lv 24 (Ember, Rock Throw, Yawn, Recover)
    Sunflora Lv 25 (Mega Drain, Ingrain, GrassWhistle, Leech Seed)

If you notice anything particularly horrible on those movesets, it's likely that pokemon was left in the daycare at some point

Others:
    Pidgey somewhere in the mid-20s (daycare)
    Stantler somewhere in early 20s (daycare)
    Voltorb Lv 20

I just got the Voltorb from the Krabby trade in-game. I've got the first 4 badges. I'm pretty worried about chuck. IIRC he has a primeape with rock slide which is a real concern. Also is it worth replacing a team member with Voltorb or should I just chuck him in daycare?
    My team is a little awkward when it comes to Chuck. My recent deaths have been Flaaffy, Drowzee and Furret. Drowzee would've been a big help here.

I think I can handle the Poliwrath ok, but the Primeape using rock slide and double team concerns me. I think my best bet for him is Croconaw for taking his hits but Croconaw has no SE moves.

Previously, I went back to Cinnabar Island to heal my Pokemon after beating Blaine and then I headed on over to Viridian City next to challenge the Viridian Gym now that Blue returned. I got inside and I started moving on the movement tiles. I was pushed towards some Gym trainers and I had to battle against them. I had a difficult time with that though since the Gym trainers used different types of Pokemon as opposed to just one like in previous Gyms. I eventually beat two of the Gym trainers at the Viridian City Gym and then I healed at the Pokemon Center. I returned after stocking up on items and I challenged the other Gym trainers inside. I eventually beat them and I saved before challenging Blue.

Today, I've been training up my SoulSilver team in preparation for climbing Mt. Silver. I found a couple of trainers to rematch and have been phoning them over and over again for battles. I am aiming to get all my team members to level 70 at minimum. My training has been going more slowly than I hoped, but I've been able to train four of my Pokemon to 70 so far. Just need to finish training Feraligatr and Alakazam now.

I left the Viridian Gym after beating Blue and winning the Earth Badge. I healed my team at the Viridian City Pokemon Center and I also swapped Pokemon on the PC since I would need to train a whole other group of Pokemon for the next part of the journey. I finished up and then I went south towards Pallet Town since I needed to talk to Professor Oak. I arrived at his lab and he handed me the Rock Climb HM. With that received, I was able to climb rocks and access new parts of Kanto and Johto. I taught Rock Climb to my Golem and I headed for the Pokemon League Reception Gate right before Victory Road. I got to a new area and I trained against the wild Pokemon there. I saved as I got to a Pokemon Center.

Continued training my team last night. After a few more trainer rematches, my Feraligatr and Alakazam were level 70 like my other Pokemon. I healed my team and then went to a mart to buy some more healing items. Next, I flew to the Mt. Silver Pokemon Center and went inside to use the PC. I decided to leave Butterfree behind since I needed an HM Slave in my party.

Once I was fully prepared, I headed into the main mountain part of Mt. Silver. There was quite a lot for me to see inside, so I spent quite a lot if time exploring everything. I had to climb up a couple waterfalls and use Rock Climb numerous times in order to find every item that was lying around. Eventually, I reached the snowy peak and saved my game.

I healed my Pokemon at the PC by Mt. Silver. I walked out again once that was done and I grinded in the tall grass there by battling the various wild Pokemon. I managed to level up a bit from doing that and then I swapped Pokemon at the PC once more and I headed into Mt. Silver Cave itself. I captured a wild Larvitar inside there and then I Surfed and used Waterfall to explore some other areas of the cave. I eventually got outside again and I climbed the side of the mountain and re-entered through another cave. I was exploring the caves when I encountered a wild Steelix. I captured that and then I located the cave where Moltres was resting. I saved before challenging it since I wanted to capture it next.

On top of Mt. Silver, I saw Red and went over to talk to him. A battle started and he sent out his Pikachu against my Donphan. I took two Iron Tail attacks and managed to set up Stealth Rock before taking down Pikachu with Earthquake. Red then sent in his Lapras while I switched to Alakazam. My Alakazam used Calm Mind once, survived a Blizzard, then hit with Focus Blast to finish Lapras off.

The next Pokemon I had to face was Snorlax. I went over to Feraligatr and used Dragon Dance a couple times. I then used Waterfall thinking it would be enough to finish off Snorlax, but I was wrong and it hung on with enough health to warrant Red using a Full Restore. I then had to alternate between using Hyper Potions and boosting my stats some more. Eventually, Feraligatr used Waterfall again, getting Snorlax's HP low enough that hail KOed it at the end of the turn. After that, I kept Feraligatr in to defeat Venusaur with Ice Fang.

Blastoise was next, so I switched to Lickilicky. I stalled Blastoise out of Focus Blasts while letting the Hail chip down its HP until I thought Lickilicky would be able to end things with Thunderbolt. But then, I got Frozen by Blizzard. I had to waste a turn healing because of that, which caused Blastoise's HP to fall low enough for a Full Restore. I then chipped it down until being able to take it down with Thunderbolt.

Red's last Pokemon was Charizard, who lost half its HP immediately due to Stealth Rock. I sent in Ninetales, planning to use Nasty Plot once and then easily finish Charizard off. But then, Charizard crit with Air Slash and Ninetales died. Went back to Feraligatr since even though its HP was yellow, I figured it must be faster than that Charizard due to EV training. LOL NOPE! Feraligatr was too slow and died.
    With two Pokemon dead, this is officially my worst HGSS Red fight ever. I don't recall ever losing a single Pokemon during any battle I've had with Red on HGSS (GSC yes, but not this game).
    Anyway, I had Alakazam Psychic that stupid Charizard to win the battle.

Red left after losing, then I watched the credits again.

Lv. 70-71

So I battled against the wild Moltres at Mt. Silver Cave and it was pretty tough. I accidentally made it faint a couple of times and then I finally managed to weaken it properly, but it didn't want to stay in the Ultra Balls. I had to use Dusk Balls and then I had to put Moltres to sleep with Sleep Powder, but it still didn't want to be captured. I went ahead and just used my Master Ball on it since I was getting bored. I then made my way out to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I went back inside of Mt. Silver and I proceeded to climb the mountain once more. I got to the snowy parts at the summit and I entered the final cave there. I finally reached the summit of Mt. Silver and I saved the game before challenging Red.

After the credits were over, I resumed the game in my house again. I went outside and headed over to Cherrygrove. I used the PC there to switch to my Fly slave and then flew over to Kanto. In Pallet Town, I stopped by Oak's lab. Prof. Oak talked to me and told me that he wanted to give me a rare Pokemon, one of the Kanto starters. I went over to choose one, but then I found out it wouldn't let me since my party was full. >_>
    I quickly went over to Viridian to deposit something, then went back to the lab. I chose Bulbasaur for no particular reason.

When I was done in Pallet, I flew over to Saffron City. I deposited my Bulbasaur at the Pokemon Center PC and then walked over to the Silph Co. building. Steven was inside, so I went to talk to him. He asked me to choose a stone colour and I went with blue. He then gave me a free Mudkip as a result. I put it in the PC next to Bulbasaur and then returned to Johto.

Okay, so I finally challenged Red to a battle, but unfortunately my Pokemon weren't leveled up properly, so I had to use tons of Hyper Potions and even some Revives to stay in the battle. I defeated Red's Pikachu very easily with Golem's Earthqauke attack, but then I had to battle against his Lapras. My Bellossom was able to do pretty well against Lapras at first, but it fainted after getting hit with a Blizzard attack. I had to use Ampharos against Lapras and it barely won. I then had to deal with Red's Snorlax, but I managed to beat it with attacks from my own Snorlax. Fighting Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise was a bit easier, but I ended up battling Red for about 10 minutes in total. I saved the game afterwards.

Decided to start catching the rest of the legendaries available in the game, starting with Ho-Oh. I flew to Ecruteak City and headed over to the Bell Tower. The tower had many floors and was a maze with many one-way ledges and teleporters further up. It took me a while to explore the whole place before reaching the top.

I saved my game in front of Ho-Oh and then started fighting it. My Butterfree Paralyzed it and then I switched to Lickilicky to weaken it. Then, I began tossing balls in hopes of capturing it. I ended up having a rough time catching Ho-Oh. I ended up using more than 50 balls before having to reset due to Ho-Oh Struggling itself to death. My second attempt failed when my Lickilicky defeated Ho-Oh with a Critical Hit. On my third attempt, I was pretty lucky and caught Ho-Oh on my very first Ultra Ball!

With that done, I headed back to the Pokemon Center.

I arrived at my house in New Bark Town after had finally managed to defeat Red atop Mt. Silver. I was finally able to pick up the Hoenn Starters from Steven Stone in Saffron City, so I flew to the Pokemon League and then I flew back to Saffron City and I entered the Silph Co. building there. I got inside and I talked to Steven. He was happy with my progress and he offered me a Hoenn Starter Pokemon. I chose Mudkip since I wanted a Swampert and I went ahead and left to Vermilion City after that. I got on the S.S. Aqua and I rode to Olivine City. I got there and I headed to the Battle Frontier since I wanted to teach my Pokemon some of those special move tutor moves. I did that and then I saved at the Battle Tower.

Went back over to Kanto. I decided that I would go after Mewtwo next, so I flew to Cerulean City and began making my way to Cerulean Cave. Once I reached the entrance, I went inside and began exploring. I spent quite a lot of time just looking around and picking up various items since it was very maze-like in there. After I was finally done with all that exploring, I went up to Mewtwo and saved before starting a battle. I had Butterfree weaken it with Bug Buzz and then switched to Donphan to absorb Mewtwo's attacks. On the next turn, I began tossing Dusk Balls. Took about 30 of them before Mewtwo was caught. I then used an Escape Rope to get out.

I decided to challenge the Battle Tower next and I challenged it with a team consisting of Kingdra, Jynx and Suicune and I made it past the first three trainers without much difficulty. I had some trouble against the fourth trainer's Pokemon, but I beat him and I had an easier time against the last three trainers there. I got some BP after I beat seven trainers in a row and I challenged the Battle Tower again afterwards. I had a tougher time battling there a second time though. The Pokemon were a bit more challenging, so I had to use different tactics and strategies while battling them. I eventually ran into a trainer who had a Steelix and everything sort of ended there. I couldn't take it down, so I quit and saved afterwards.

Returned to Johto, flying back to Violet City. From there, I headed over to Mr. Pokemon's house. Inside, he gave me the Red Orb and told me to go back to the Cianwood area. So, I flew back to that city and went out to Routes 47/48. I climbed up and down some waterfalls and Rock Climb ledges before eventually reaching the Embedded Tower.

Groudon was waiting for me inside the tower. I saved and then battled it. I tried weakening it, but that wasn't effective for long as it kept using Rest. However, it ended up being fairly easy to catch, taking me only 10 Dusk Balls.

I deleted my SS save file and started over. I chose the male character and got all the important stuff done at my house and I went to Prof. Elm's lab and obtained Chikorita. I left town, but Professor Elm gave me his number before I left. I went to Cherrygrove City and I battled along Route 29. I healed and got the Running Shoes and I made my way to Mr. Pokemon's house. I got there and received the Egg from Mr. Pokemon. Oak gave me the Pokedex and then Elm called me and asked me to return to his lab. I went back and fought my rival along the way. I defeated his Cyndaquil soon and I got back to the lab. I named my rival and then I returned to my house to talk to my mom once more. I saved before leaving town.

After finishing with catching Groudon, I returned to Mt. Silver to catch Moltres. I made my way through the cave to Moltres's room very quickly since I remembered how to get there. I started fighting it after saving and got it as weak as I could without fainting it. Then, I began trying to catch it. Ended up having a really difficult time as Moltres just refused to stay in the ball. I went through all my remaining Dusk Balls and some of my Ultra Balls - nearly 60 total - before I finally caught it.

Once Moltres was caught, I headed over to the Kanto Power Plant to get Zapdos. And once again, I had a very annoying time. I went through all my Ultra Balls before eventually capturing Zapdos in a Great Ball. I purchased more Ultra and Dusk Balls after that. Next, I'll go get Articuno, who I hope will be a much easier catch.

I left New Bark Town and Lyra showed me how to catch Pokemon. I got Poke Balls and then I left to Cherrygrove City again. I captured a Pidgey and I healed at the Pokemon Center. I then walked to Violet City and I battled trainers along the way. 10 minutes later, I arrived at the gate of Violet City only for Lyra to hand me the Vs Recorder. I got that and I entered Violet City. I healed there and then I just sort of explored the place a bit. I eventually picked up all of the items there and I headed out to capture some more Pokemon. I found a wild Bellsprout and I traded that for an Onix in Violet City and I went off to Dark Cave to train it along with my other Pokemon. I spent about 20 minutes there and I saved afterwards.

Flew to Cinnabar Island and then Surfed over to the Seafoam Islands. I went inside the cave and began looking around. The last time I went to the islands, I focused on doing the Cinnabar Gym, so there was still a lot for me to do. I made sure to check every floor thoroughly, find all the items lying around, and battle the trainers there. It took me quite a lot of time to explore the entire place.

Once I was done exploring, I went to Articuno and battled it. I Paralyzed it and was able to get it down to a sliver of HP. Then, I began throwing Dusk Balls at it. Fortunately, it was much easier to catch than the other two legendary birds, taking me only 11 balls.

I returned to Violet City and I visited the Sprout Tower. I went inside and I climbed to the tower's summit, battling Sages on the way. I got to the top and after battling more Sages and the Elder, thenI left to the Pokemon Center to heal. Since the Sprout Tower stuff was taken care of, I entered the Gym and I battled against the two Gym trainers inside for extra experience. I got to Falkner and I challenged him to a battle. I used Mareep against his Pidgey and then I used Onix against his Pidgeotto. I almost lost that battle, but Onix pulled through at the end. I got the Zephyr Badge and the Roost TM and I left the Gym. I healed at the PC, picked up the Pokemon egg at the Poke Mart and I headed south next.

Transferred over some useful Pokemon and items from Emerald. I flew back to Fuchsia City and headed to the Pal Park building. I began a catching show and was brought to the backyard area where the Pokemon were. I walked around in the grass and managed to find and catch the Pokemon I transferred over without taking that long. After catching them all, I received my score and an Oran Berry for participating. I then used the PC to remove the items attached to the Pokemon I transferred, mostly extra Master Balls for catching the remaining legends on this game.

When I was done with Pal Park, I went back over to Johto. Next, I'm going to look for Entei and Raikou.

I went south from Violet City and I obtained the Miracle Seed from a man and I gave it to Chikorita. I then evolved Chikorita into Bayleef while I trained in the tall grass. I trained my other Pokemon against the trainers as well and once I started grinding in the grass, I encountered a wild Wooper. I caught it and I headed for the nearby Pokemon Center to heal. I obtained an Old Rod from the fisherman there and I left the Pokemon Center and fought more trainers before heading to Union Cave. I got inside and I captured a Geodude. I trained it along with my other Pokemon in the cave and I wandered around there picking items and fighting trainers. I managed to find a way out eventually and I saved as I arrived outside.

Headed to Ecruteak and began looking around the surrounding routes. I kept switching routes until one of Entei or Raikou moved to the same route as me. Entei ended up on my route first, after only a couple minutes. I put on a repel and began looking in the grass until I encountered it. Once I was in a battle against it, I used a Master Ball to catch it. Then, I continued looking for Raikou. It took a little longer to find, but fortunately not *too* long. I also caught it in a Master Ball and then saved my game. With those two caught, I headed back to Kanto to go after Latios.

I got to Route 33 and I battled a Hiker. I picked some Apricorns and I headed for Azalea Town. I got to the Slowpoke Well and saw a Team Rocket grunt who was blocking the entrance. I arrived in town and I healed at the PC. I left to explore around a bit, but the Gym was closed. I went to Kurt's house and he left to fight Team Rocket for taking the local Slowpoke. I picked a White Apricorn and I left to the Slowpoke Well. I managed to get inside and I fought the first Team Rocket grunt that I encountered. I battled a couple more and then I battled Executive Proton. I managed to defeat him and the Slowpoke of Azalea were saved. I healed at the Pokemon Center and I headed for the Gym. I saved inside.

Began looking for Latios. I started by searching some routes in the far western part of Kanto, but wasn't successful in getting Latios to come to the same route as me. I started moving around to other routes, but still had a hard time. In the end, I had to walk all the way to the other side of the region before I was able to finally find it. I immediately threw a Master Ball and caught it.

Will go catch Suicune next, though I might wait until tomorrow to do that.

Page 369 of 376 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373 ... LastLast