Page 381 of 381 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381
Results 9,501 to 9,511 of 9511

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

I left Route 34 and arrived in Goldenrod City. After dashing to the PC, I visited the Department Store and Bike Shop and I got a Bicycle. I then visited the Goldenrod Tunnel place and fought trainers there and got the Fashion Case from Lyra, then I ran to the Radio Tower. I got the radio added for my Pokegear and I headed over to the Goldenrod City Gym and thrashed Gym trainers and their Normal-types. I soon fought Gym Leader Whitney as well and defeated her Clefairy with Flaaffy and Geodude. I then fought against Whitney's Miltank and slayed it with Hoothoot and Bayleef. I won the Plain Badge and Attract TM and left the Gym and I snatched the Squirtbottle from the Flower Shop and I saved before heading out.

Today, I spent some time at the Battle Factory in HeartGold. I continued my active level 100 streak in Singles, which was at 28 wins. I selected a team of Gyarados, Suicune, and Mamoswine since they seemed like the best choices out of the rental Pokemon I was given.

I won the first four battles with some struggles. Many of the Pokemon I went up against carried Thunder Fang, which obviously caused trouble for my two Water types. I didn't swap any of my Pokemon, though, since none of my opponents' Pokemon were that appealing to me tbh.

Ended up losing on the 5th battle. I was doing okay at first, but then got screwed over by a Trick Room Slowbro that finished off Suicune and then OHKOed Mamoswine.
    I wasn't that invested in that streak, so losing there didn't really bother me. Might start a new streak soon just for fun/BP, though.
    ~ * * ~

So next I left Goldenrod City and dashed to Route 34. I left my Wooper at the Pokemon Day Care, then I sprinted north to Route 35 and made my way to National Park. I battled trainers including a Juggler on Route 35 as I wandered around and I arrived at the tall grass and I battled against wild Pokemon for experience. After catching a wild Yanma for my Dex, I entered the gatehouse that led in to National Park and I decided to visit the Pokeathlon. I saw Magnus outside and then I visited the Pokeathlon Dome. I wandered around there and after competing, I sashayed to National Park. I received the Quick Claw from the chick with the Persian and I went into the tall grass. I saved my game after catching a Sunkern there.

Started a new streak at the Battle Factory today. I rented a team of Tangrowth, Whiscash, and Dugtrio (four out of the six Pokemon I could choose from were Ground types…) and started battling. Throughout my challenge, I swapped Pokemon a few times: Dugtrio for Ampharos, Whiscash for Magmortar, and then Ampharos for Mamoswine. I did not have much trouble winning seven battles in a row. The trainers were pretty easy and their Pokemon did stupid things like spamming the same status move on every turn. After I defeated seven trainers, I received some BP and then saved.
    ~ * * ~

I fought trainers at the National Park and next I dashed east towards Route 36. I arrived and slayed more trainers and the route that led into Ecruteak City was blocked by a strange tree. I used my Squirtbottle and fought the Sudowoodo. I caught it eventually and then I strutted north to Route 37. I battled against a Psychic and Twins and then I caught a wild Stantler in the tall grass and grinded for 30 minutes and I also picked a Blue, Black, and Red Apricorn from Apricorn trees, then I dashed under an archway and arrived in Ecruteak City. I visited the Pokemon Center to heal my team and I encountered Bill fixing something inside of there. He returned to his home in Goldenrod City and I saved before leaving.

Did some more stuff at the Battle Factory. I started off with a team of Exploud, Toxicroak, and Jolteon this time. Those three did pretty well against the first trainer I fought, but I decided to swap Jolteon for a Ludicolo ahead of the second match because I thought it would be more useful. Unfortunately, the Ludicolo's moveset wasn't as great as I thought it was, so I ended up swapping it for a Mamoswine.

I kept the same team of Pokemon for the remaining battles and eventually made it to battle #7. I was doing fine at first, getting the opponent down to their final Pokemon, a Slowbro. My Mamoswine took out a huge chunk of its HP before being KOed. I still had Toxicroak left and thought it would be able to finish things off with its Thunderpunch, but it just barely failed to kill Slowbro. Then, of course Toxicroak gets OHKOed by Psychic. So, I lost to the final Pokemon of the final trainer who only had a sliver of HP left. -_-
    ~ * * ~

So I exited the Ecruteak City PC and visited a home and got the Dowsing Machine, then I ran to the Burned Tower. I spotted Morty and Eusine inside, then I fought my rival. Afterwards I released Entei, Raikou, and Suicune and left the Burned Tower. I dashed to Route 42 and gossiped with a Hiker by Mt. Mortar and got the Strength HM from him, then I walked around the cave a little and trained for half an hour and caught a Marill. I also visited National Park next and did some training there as well and got Eevee from Bill in Goldenrod City. I then dashed back to Ecruteak City in order to challenge the Gym. I battled against the Gym trainers inside and I beat their Ghost-types and then I saved the game at Morty's spot.

I played HeartGold again for the first time in months. I still need to defeat Red, so I trained my team some. I re-battled trainers in both regions. I also got the phone numbers of a few gym leaders, so I can re-battle them soon. I need to train my entire team up about 40 levels. Somehow I've made it this far into the game with a very under-leveled team. This is my first playthough on HeartGold, so I'm still learning game and where to train.
    Tonight I plan to continue training my team with a few more battle re-matches.

So I fought Gym Leader Morty and thrashed his Gastly and two Haunter with my Noctowl's Confusion attacks, then Morty's Gengar with my Togetic's Extrasensory. I won the Fog Badge and Shadow Ball TM from Morty next and left the Gym. I healed my darlings at the PC, then I visited the Dance Theater. I battled a Rocket grunt who was bothering a Kimono Girl, then I got Surf HM from a man. Afterwards I left Ecruteak City and pranced to Route 38. I slayed trainers and caught a wild Farfetch'd and Miltank. I picked Apricorns as well and ran to Route 39 and saw Baoba. I got his Pokegear number and visited the MooMoo Farm and I fed some Oran Berries to the sick Miltank there, then I saved the game before going south.

I called a few more trainers and had re-matches last night. Today, I battled trainers on the way to Mt. Moon. Once inside Mt. Moon, I found Silver and he challenged me to a battle. I was mostly only able to use Feraligatr and Ho-Oh to defeat his team. After I battled Silver, I headed to Saffron City to challenge Bugsy in the dojo. Most of my Pokemon was at least ten levels under his. His Vespiquen was tough.
    I need to plan my team a little more. I need to decide on two or three new Pokemon to add to my team.
    Later, I'll do more re-matches and hopefully get more phone numbers from gym leaders.

So I finally arrived in Olivine City and visited the Pokemon Center and I healed my team, then I explored the city. I got the Good Rod, then I dashed to the Glitter Lighthouse to find Jasmine. I fought trainers as I climbed up and soon I found Jasmine. She asked me to get the SecretPotion and I ran to Route 40 next and I Surfed southwest to Cianwood City. I fought against Swimmers along the sea and I soon passed the Whirl Islands in the middle of the route, but I couldn't access them yet without the Whirlpool HM. I eventually arrived in Cianwood City and I quickly visited the Cianwood Pharmacy and snatched the SecretPotion. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center after that and saved before going out.

Page 381 of 381 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381