Page 380 of 380 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380
Results 9,476 to 9,497 of 9497

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

Was shiny hunting some routes for the past day er so. Not too motivated so I think I'll continue on with my journey. Raised umbreon and meganium to lvl 37. Meganium does very well in battle because of its high IVs. Umbreon has been doing okay, Its lack of IVs in HP and Def makes things a little challenging, but Its fully EVd in both so were working with what we got! Plus meganium backs us up with reflect and light screen. Im on my way to the light house now, Hoping we find a shiny sometime before shiny gyarados.
    Last edited by IsaacGaray; 9th March 2015 at 7:24 PM.

I explored more of Mt. Silver Cave and I fought many Pokemon and then I used Surf and Waterfall to explore some of the other caves. I caught a wild Misdreavus inside a smaller cavern, then I headed outside and I entered Mt. Silver through another cave. I continued to climb towards Mt. Silver's peak and I reached the snowy area and I captured a Sneasel there. I found Moltres's cave next and then I arrived at the top of Mt. Silver. I didn't want to challenge Red to a battle though, so I decided to train my darlings some more. I healed my team at the Mt. Silver Pokemon Center after I trained for about 40 minutes and I flew to Goldenrod City. I went to National Park next and caught two wild Sunkern and evolved one.

Got around to doing more battles at the Battle Tower. I won another 21 battles, which brings my current streak to 56 wins. Overall, I didn't have too much trouble with the trainers I faced today. My Scizor was able to handle quite a few Pokemon on its own and even swept a few trainers entirely. The fight against Palmer at battle 49 was pretty easy this time as Scizor and Garchomp handled his team pretty well. I think the hardest Pokemon I faced today was this Milotic whose Surf did quite a lot of damage to my Pokemon.

Right now, I have more than 200 BP saved up, which'll be pretty useful in the future. Anyway, I'll try to continue my streak again pretty soon.
    ~ * * ~

Spent a couple days soft resetting for shiny sandshrew in goldenrod. Then, my wife playfully kicks the DS out of my hand after I had just pulled a batch of 5 and the game froze. So, after I gave up on shiny sandshrew I went and cleared the light house with umbreon. after that we set sail towards cianwood. We took on the gym and meganium swept them all. after that we set our sights on the shiny gyarados at lake rage. Ill be soft resetting for good IVs over the next how ever many days. Using adamant synchronizer. Ive gotten some decent spreads so far but I want the best I can get.

Got a 29/5/31/15/31/27 adamant gyarados at lake of rage and decided to keep it. I used a heavy ball to catch it. Overall its IVs are pretty good, As long as I run dragon dance I dont think I'll mind the 5 IV in atk. Going to EV train it all atk and speed. hopfully I run into a shiny sentret while I train!
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 15th March 2015 at 6:53 AM. Reason: merged double post

I fought quite a few more trainers at the Battle Tower today. I got through most of the battles just fine, though there were a few challenging ones. The toughest battle was definitely this one I had against an Aggron with the elemental punches and a Quick Claw as its held item. It killed both my Scizor and Garchomp, but fortunately there was no Quick Claw activation against my Starmie so I was able to Surf it.

Anyway, I defeated another three sets of trainers today, so my streak is now at 77. That's a new record for me on this game and hopefully I'll be able to improve on it even more next time I play.
    ~ * * ~

I finally fought Red at Mt. Silver's summit. He used Pikachu first and I used my Typhlosion. I defeated Pikachu with Earthquake, then Red used Lapras. I switched to Bellossom and I defeated Lapras with Petal Dance. Red sent out his Snorlax next and I used my Typhlosion's ThunderPunch. Snorlax attacked and Typhlosion took a lot of damage. I switched to Lucario next and I used Aura Sphere against Red's Snorlax and Snorlax fainted. Red then used Venusaur and my darling Noctowl won that match with Air Slash attacks. I defeated Red's Blastoise with Ampharos's ThunderPunch and then I used Quagsire against Charizard. I defeated Charizard with Waterfall and I defeated Red. The credits rolled after that.

Yesterday, I continued my Battle Tower streak and spent around two hours or so fighting trainers. My team handled most of the trainers I faced very well. I still had Scizor as my lead and it took care of most of the non-Fire types on its own. Some of the trainers I battled had pretty weak teams as well, like this one person who had a Prinplup for some reason. However, there were still some pretty tough battles. My Pokemon struggled against foes who carried all three of Thunder/Fire/Ice Punch and I know I got lucky with some critical hits and whatnot.

Anyway, I kept playing until I lost, which happened when my Garchomp was my final Pokemon against a Rhydon. Garchomp could've beaten it, but the Rhydon had a Focus Sash. That loss happened on battle 123, so my record is 122 wins! I am glad about that because now I have the black trainer card on HeartGold!
    Now that I have 100 wins at the Battle Tower, there's nothing else I want to accomplish there. I'll probably battle there whenever I need BP, but I don't plan on going for higher streaks.
    ~ * * ~

I began HG again, picked the male character, and left my home. After meeting Lyra, I went to Professor Elm's lab to get my Johto Starter. I chose Chikorita since I had used the others many times before. I left town and Professor Elm gave me his Pokegear number before I left. I went to Cherrygrove City and I battled wild Pokemon along Route 29 next. I healed Chikorita at the Cherrygrove City Pokemon Center and got the Running Shoes from an old man as well. I made my way to Mr. Pokemon's house and when I got there, I received the Mystery Egg from Mr. Pokemon. Prof. Oak gave me the Pokedex and then Elm called me and asked me to return to his lab. I headed south to Cherrygrove City afterwards and I saved.

Today, I left the Battle Tower and headed over to the Battle Factory. I continued with my active level 100 streak, which was sitting at 21 wins. The rental Pokemon I had to choose from were all pretty good, so it was hard to pick just three. In the end, I went with a team of Roserade, Zapdos, and Tyranitar and then started battling. I made a couple swaps early on, switching Zapdos for a Froslass and then Froslass for a Gengar.

Had pretty close calls on two of the battles I did. First, I faced a Forretress with Double Team & Leftovers that was pretty tough to take down, but fortunately Gengar killed it with Thunderbolt. Later, I faced a lead Lopunny that took out Gengar and burned Tyranitar with Fire Punch. I barely won that match with Roserade. Aside from those two fights, though, things weren't too hard. I swapped Roserade for a Swampert on the last battle and won it easily. I received some BP and then saved.
    ~ * * ~

So I visited the Cherrygrove City PC next, then I ran over to Route 29 since I had to go back to New Bark Town. I ran into a Passerby Boy and he wanted to battle against me. He sent out his Cyndaquil and I used my Chikorita. Chikorita lost a lot of HP, but I healed him halfway through the battle and I slayed Cyndaquil eventually. I defeated the boy and I arrived at Route 29. I arrived in New Bark Town next and I visited Professor Elm's lab. He told me that one of his Pokemon had been stolen and I was questioned by a police officer. I was eventually unsuspected and I told the officer the name of the boy that I had met in Cherrygrove City. I gave Elm the Mystery Egg afterwards and I saved before heading out again.

Still hunting shiny tyrogue. Tbh Im not going at it full force. I just hop on my DS randomly throughout the day and SR for a hour or two if I can. I have a busy schedule teaching music and taking care of my son. Hopefully I'll see tyrogue shine soon. I was hoping I'd get lucky like I did with my shiny eevee and get it in the first few SRs but were passed that now lol. Right after this Im going to SR for Lugia. I guess thats why Im not too motivated atm...cause Im just going to SR again right after I get tyrogue haha.

I left New Bark Town and sprinted through Route 29 last night and I captured a wild Hoothoot and trained her in the grass. I arrived back in Cherrygrove City again and I healed my two Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I then bought Potions at the Poke Mart before leaving town. I dashed north to Route 30 once again and I got the Apricorn Box. I picked a Green Apricorn from a tree as well and then I spotted some trainers on the path. I slayed them all eventually and then I headed northward towards a skinny tree. I couldn't cut it though, so I went around it. I encountered a wild Bellsprout in the grass and I caught that. I entered Dark Cave afterwards and I captured a Dunsparce. I saved before moving on.

On my HeartGold tonight, I caught some Pokemon to send over to my Pearl for Pokedex purposes. I went out to Route 48 first and captured a Hoppip and Tauros there. The Hoppip was an easy catch, but Tauros was harder because I accidentally fainted the first one I encountered and had to find another one. After that, I went to other parts of Johto and captured a Miltank and NidoranF.

Next, I went to the Day Care and got a Totodile egg there. Then, I returned to Kanto and made my way to the Seafoam Islands. I caught a Seel in there and then focused on hatching my egg. Once my Totodile hatched, I trained it to about level 20 so that I won’t have to train it as much on my Pearl in order to fully evolve it.

With that all done, I saved my game. Next time, I will trade all the new Pokemon I got over to my Pearl.
    ~ * * ~

I ran to Violet City's gatehouse and got the Vs. Recorder from Lyra, then I sashayed into the city afterwards. Upon arrival, I healed my team at the local Pokemon Center. I then dashed outside and went sightseeing in Violet City. I visited Earl's Pokemon Academy after I met Earl and I took a look at the notes on the blackboard. I bought some items at the local Poke Mart as well and then I visited the Ruins of Alph place outside the city. I sprinted around the ruins for about 15 minutes and then I headed back to Violet City. I did some more training back along Route 30 and then I went to the Sprout Tower since I had to defeat the Elder inside in order to challenge Falkner at the Violet City Gym. I saved inside the tower.

Last night, I flew over to Goldenrod City. Once there, I ran over to the Radio Tower and went inside. I checked out the lottery there and won an Ultra Ball. After that, I headed over to the Game Corner, where I played some Voltorb Flip in order to earn some coins. I did pretty well and won several hundred coins, stopping once my total number of coins passed 9000.

When I was done with the Game Corner, I went to the Goldenrod Pokemon Center. There, I connected with my Pearl version and traded over all the Pokemon I caught earlier.
    ~ * * ~

I got the Flash TM at the Sprout Tower, then I visited the Violet City Gym and slayed the Gym trainers there. I then challenged Gym Leader Falkner and thrashed his Pidgey with Mareep's Thundershock, then his Pidgeotto with Geodude and Chikorita. I received the Zephyr Badge and Roost TM from Falkner afterwards and I dashed back outside. I got a call from Professor Elm next and I was told to visit the Poke Mart to obtain an Egg from Elm's assistant. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center quickly before going there and then I snatched the egg. I went outside and I met a Kimono Girl and she walked away after talking to me and I headed south to Route 32. I caught a wild Wooper in the grass and I saved.

Today, I worked on getting a few more Pokemon to trade to my Pearl version. I listened to my Pokegear's radio and found out about a Relicanth swarm happening on Route 12. I went over to Kanto and made my way to that route, where I fished and encountered a Relicanth. After tossing a couple of balls, I caught it and then returned to Johto.

Back in Johto, I went to the Day Care to get a couple of eggs. I picked up a Heracross egg and a Sunkern egg, then rode on my bike for a while until they hatched. Once that was done, I headed into the nearest Pokemon Center and traded the Relicanth, Heracross, and Sunkern over to my Pearl. I also traded some other Pokemon such as some trade evolutions I had.
    ~ * * ~

I dashed through Route 32 and I fought against several trainers including Fishermen on the bridges by the sea. I battled some more trainers between the trees as well and I strutted through the tall grass and I picked up some items and also slayed wild Pokemon for experience before entering the Pokemon Center. I healed my Pokemon inside of there fast and then a Fisherman inside the Pokemon Center gave me the Old Rod. I then made my way south again until I reached the entrance to Union Cave. I entered the cave and I encountered some wild Pokemon inside. I also defeated a few random trainers inside the cave, then I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center on Route 32 again and saved my game.

I flew to Violet City and used the PC in the Pokemon Center there for a minute to make some changes to my party. Then, I went back outside and rode my bike to the Ruins of Alph. Once I got there, I went to the chamber where the Unown can be found because I want to catch all the Unown forms on this game and finally complete the Unown Report side quest. Anyway, I ran around the room and encountered quite a few Unown I didn’t have. I easily captured a bunch of them until I had 15 or so forms total.
    After I was done with that for the day, I went to a few nearby routes to get some more apricorns from trees.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 16th May 2015 at 9:46 AM.
    ~ * * ~

I exited Union Cave and dashed along Route 33. I soon reached the Slowpoke Well in Azalea Town and I spotted a suspicious Team Rocket grunt outside of there. I couldn't enter the Slowpoke Well since he was blocking the entrance, so I simply sprinted west and I visited the Azalea Town Pokemon Center and I healed my darlings inside. I then went to the Poke Mart and I purchased Poke Balls. I couldn't enter the Azalea Town Gym, so I went to Kurt's house. I spoke with him there and he ran to the Slowpoke Well to help the Slowpokes. I picked a White Apricorn and next I wandered out to the Slowpoke Well too. Once there, I saw Kurt and then I battled a couple of Team Rocket grunts inside the cavern and saved.

Continued catching the Unown last night. I had a pretty easy time catching the remaining letter-based Unown, didn't too long at all. The last one I caught was the letter N. Once I caught them all, I talked to some scientists researching the Unown in a nearby building and took some notes in my Unown Report.

After that, I realized I hadn't fully completed everything in the four puzzle chambers. All the puzzles were complete, but in three of the chambers I somehow hadn't dealt with the Unown writing at the back of the room. So, I had to go to those chambers to get all that done. Union Cave is annoying. >_>

When I got that out of the way, I talked to the Ruins of Alph scientists again. Then, I returned to the top part of the Uniwn chamber, where I eventually encountered and caught the ! and ? Unown.
    Now, I'm done with the Unown & Ruins of Alph on this game.
    ~ * * ~

Next I fought Proton at the Slowpoke Well. I used Mareep against his Zubat, then Gastly and Geodude against his Koffing and slayed him. I left the Slowpoke Well next and visited the Pokemon Center, then I sprinted east to Union Cave to train my Pokemon some more before challenging Bugsy at the Azalea Town Gym. After spending around 30 or so minutes inside the cave training, I wandered back out to Route 33 and I walked back to Azalea Town. I then strutted over to the Azalea Town Gym and I started to navigate around it while battling against the various Gym trainers and their pesky Bug-types. I moved around the Gym using the Spinarak carts and I saved the game my game halfway through the Azalea Gym.

Page 380 of 380 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380