Page 379 of 379 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379
Results 9,451 to 9,475 of 9475

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

Yesterday, I was able to win only like one more battle at the Tower (don't remember exactly, but I lost well before the seventh trainer). The loss was pretty annoying. I had Starmie against the opponent's second Pokemon, a Houndoom. Surf couldn't OHKO due to a Passho Berry, then Starmie got down to 1 HP from Sludge Bomb. Starmie then got poisoned, and fainted.

Garchomp dealt with the Houndoom with Earthquake, then went up against a Machamp. Well, that Machamp's Quick Claw activated and it OHKOed Garchomp with a critical hit Cross Chop! So I only had Scizor left after that, and of course Machamp had Fire Punch.

So, my record is 70-something wins. Going to try again soon.
    ~ * * ~

So I got the Copycat's Lost Item in Vermilion City, then I met Steven outside. He talked about Latios, then I went back to Cerulean. I entered the Cerulean City Gym and battled Misty. She used Golduck and I used my Ampharos. ThunderPunch defeated Misty's Golduck and she sent out Quagsire. I used my Bellossom against it and I won that battle with Energy Ball. I used Typhlosion against Misty's Lapras and I had it use Hype Beam. That wasn't enough to beat Lapras though and Typhlosion fainted. I used Ampharos's ThunderPunch against Lapras and I beat it. I used Ampharos against Misty's Starmie too and I won that match with Thunderbolt. I obtained the Cascade Badge from Misty and I saved the game after that.

Left the Battle Tower for a while and returned to the Castle. I continued my streak and immediately noticed that the battles seemed more difficult than the ones earlier in my streak. I started having one or two Pokemon faint per battle and I had to use Castle Points before nearly every fight in order to heal my team.

My streak ended when I lost to the sixth trainer I faced on that round. I decided not to heal my Starmie - who had something like 54 HP left - before that battle thinking I'd be alright. That was a big mistake, because Scizor and Garchomp died (somehow, don't really remember), leaving me with just Starmie vs their Milotic at the end. Starmie got put to sleep by Hypnosis and then got Surfed to death when it wouldn't wake up. Should have healed it...

Will head back to the Tower next time.
    ~ * * ~

I left Cerulean City and entered Rock Tunnel and I explored the cave a bit since I wanted to catch some Pokemon. I left the cave after I captured a Cubone and Kangaskhan and then I went to Lavender Town's Pokemon Center to heal my team. I visited the Radio Tower afterwards and I talked to some old main inside. He upgraded my Pokegear's radio since I had helped with the Power Plant crisis and then I wandered back to Fuchsia City. I battled a few trainers along the way and then I went west towards Vermilion City. I battled some trainers at Route 11, then I arrived at Diglett's Cave. I used the PokeFlute music to awake Snorlax and I battled against it. I captured it inside a Heavy Ball and then I saved after that.

Returned to the Battle Tower. I started a new Singles streak and got through the first two rounds of trainers without too much difficulty. Then, I decided to go for another round to get to 21 wins again. The trainers got a little tougher, though I don't recall having any major struggles. On the seventh battle, I had to do the silver Palmer fight again. He wasn't too hard, since battle 21 team is handled by my Starmie pretty well.

So right now, I'm back up to 21 wins. I'll continue later on.
    ~ * * ~

I ran to Vermilion City's PC to swap Pokemon, then I returned to Route 11. I entered Diglett's Cave and I started to make my way through it. As I walked, I caught a wild Diglett inside and then I arrived at Route 2. I used Cut to cut down a thin bush that was blocking the path to Pewter City and then I arrived there. I visited the Poke Mart and I bought some items there. I also got the Rainbow Wing from an old man outside. I visited the Pewter Museum of Science as well and I left afterwards and I visited the Pewter City Gym. I battled against the two Gym trainers inside the Gym and then I went back to the Pewter City Pokemon Center in order to heal my Pokemon. I saved before going back to the Gym to battle Brock.

I continued my current Battle Tower streak tonight. I decided to try using the other Starmie I raised in place of the Starmie I'd been using. But first, I had to teach the other Starmie some moves. I bought a couple of TMs from the department store in Goldenrod and used them, then returned to the Frontier to get some more moves. I tutored Trick onto it and purchased a Thunder Wave TM using the BP I had saved up.

Then, I slapped a Choice Scarf on the Starmie and continued fighting at the Tower. I have read about a lot of people using Trick-Scarf teams, so I wanted to try one for myself. It was pretty fun tbh. I loved it when the opponent got locked into using a stat boosting move - which happened frequently - since it made it super easy for my Garchomp or Scizor to set up and sweep. Though it kind of sucks when they're locked into spamming Double Team over and over.

I won 14 more battles today, bringing my streak back to 35 wins.
    ~ * * ~

I battled Brock at the Pewter City Gym and he used Graveler and I used my Bellossom against it. I had Bellossom use Energy Ball and it easily defeated Brock's Graveler. I switched out to Quagsire afterwards and I defeated Brock's Kabutops with Surf. I used my Quagsire against Brock's Onix and I won that match with Surf too. I used Bellossom against Brock's Rhyhorn and I won that battle with Giga Drain. All that was left was Brock's Omastar, which I slayed with another Energy Ball. I obtained the Boulder Badge from Brock as well as the Rock Slide TM after I defeated him. I healed at the local Pokemon Center, then I went east towards Route 3. I battled some trainers along the route and I saved near the meteors.

Did more fights at the Battle Tower tonight. I did pretty well at first and managed to reach the second Palmer fight again. Things went south during that fight. He lead with Regigigas like last time, so I had Starmie Trick it the Choice Scarf as usual. Then, I switched to Scizor since it knows Roost and I didn't think Garchomp would be able to survive long enough to get set up. But, switching in Scizor ended up being a bad choice since it made Heatran come in after Regigigas fainted. Scizor couldn't win against Heatran since Heatran has a Focus Sash. Garchomp couldn't beat Cresselia because Cresselia carries Ice Beam.

Pretty angry about losing there, especially since I won that battle last time when I had my offensive Starmie on my team. Might go back to using that Starmie instead of the TrickScarf Starmie for next time.
    ~ * * ~

I rode through Route 3 and battled trainers, then I arrived at Mt. Moon. I healed my Pokemon at the PC outside and then I entered the cave. I saw my rival by the entrance and he wanted to battle against me again. I slayed his team fast and then I healed my Pokemon once more when that battle was finally done. I entered Mt. Moon again after that and I caught a wild Clefairy with a Moon Ball. I used the stairs and I arrived at Mt. Moon Square next. I bought some items at the small gift shop there and then I headed back to Pewter City since there wasn't any point in going east to Cerulean City. I exchanged Pokemon at the Pewter Pokemon Center and then I went south to Route 2 and I entered the Viridian Forest.

I restarted my Battle Tower streak late last night/early this morning using my original Starmie/Scizor/Garchomp lineup. On that attempt, I only made it a few battles passed 21. Got owned by a Machamp again and its Cross Chop critical hits.

Started from battle #1 *again* and played for quite a long time. This time, I reached the second Palmer fight at 49 again. He lead with Cresselia for once, while I had Scizor in the lead. Scizor ended up sweeping Palmer's entire team (Heatran missed Magma Storm for once!) which I thought was pretty sweet revenge for last time.

After winning that battle, I completed two more sets of seven battles until reaching 63 wins.
    ~ * * ~

I explored the Viridian Forest and caught an elusive Pikachu for my Pokedex, then I battled some ratchet Bug Catchers. I then made my way towards the exit and I left the forest next. I battled some Bug Catchers at the southern part of Route 2 and then I arrived in Viridian City. I visited the local Pokemon Center once I arrived in order to heal my darlings and then I bought some items at the Poke Mart as well. I visited the Trainer House too and I battled against Cal there. I earned one Battle Point after that battle and I left to the Viridian City Gym. Gym Leader Blue wasn't there though and I had to go find him at Cinnabar Island. I headed south until I reached Route 1 and I battled some trainers there and then saved.

Managed to win 10 more battles before losing. That made my record 73 wins, which beat my previous record by one. On the battle I lost, I lost Starmie against whatever the opponent's lead Pokemon was. Don't really remember that part of the battle that well. Anyway, they had a Lucario next who of course knew Blaze Kick and killed Scizor. Then, their last Pokemon was a Politoed, who Garchomp couldn't OHKO and who of course had Ice Beam.

Will try yet again because I really want that 100 win streak.
    ~ * * ~

At Pallet Town, I visited Blue's home and I talked to Daisy. I soon visited Professor Oak's lab when I finished talking to Daisy, then I left after talking with Oak and I Surfed south since I had to go to Cinnabar Island next. I battled many Tentacool along the sea as I went south and then I also had to battle against several Swimmers. I eventually reached Cinnabar Island and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center there. I swapped Pokemon on the PC as well and then I talked to Blue outside. He told me that he'd return once I had the other Gym badges, so I had to battle Gym Leader Blaine next. I Surfed towards the Seafoam Islands next and I battled more wild Tentacool. I saved on an isle before continuing.

Got around to starting a new streak last night at the Battle Tower. I continued to use the same team as before and managed to get through the first 21 battles. Didn't have too much trouble, though the trainers seemed to be a little tougher than usual. I often had one or two Pokemon faint during battle, which was a little unusual for me during these early parts of the streak. But anyway, I got back up to 21 wins and then saved and quit my game. Will continue later on.
    ~ * * ~

So I thrashed many trainers at Route 20, then I healed my team again. I set off east to the Seafoam Islands once again afterwards and then I arrived at the cave portion and I wandered around the icy depths of the Seafoam Islands for a while. I battled a Skier and Boarders there and I captured a wild Dewgong, Kingler, and Horsea before I entered the cave where Blaine's Gym was located. I started to battle against the Gym trainers inside, but I had a hard time against some of them. I defeated all the trainers eventually though, but I decided to train my team inside the caverns before challenging Gym Leader Blaine to a battle. After 30 minutes of grinding, I returned to the Gym and I saved before battling Blaine.

So the whole reason I got this file was because I was getting sick and tired of IV breeding and SRing in ORAS. I really wanted to play crystal, but I sold all that stuff a while back -_- So I did the next best thing and got soul silver. I gota say, I love playing the file how I used to when I was a kid. Not worrying about IVs ( I did EV train though ) and shiny hunting! I SR for a shiny starter for 2 days and began my journey with shiny chikorita! It was gentle nature so I EVd it in HP and DEF to help him out in his weak spot. EV training took a while as well, about 2 days. As I was leveling him up I was keeping track of its IVs out of curiosity and noticed that its spread was really good! Its current IVs are 31/21/26/21/24/31. After training were heading to our first gym battle against falkner!

So I finally challenged Blaine and he used his Rapidash and I used my Quagsire. I had Quagsire use Waterfall against Rapidash and that defeated Rapidash quickly. I sent out my Ampharos when Blaine used his Magcargo next, but Ampharos's Power Gem didn't defeat Magcargo as I thought it would and Ampharos fainted due to Magcargo's Overheat attack. I used Quagsire against Magcargo and I defeated it with Earthquake next. I had to face off against Blaine's Magmar afterwards and I used my Noctowl against it and I won that match with Fly attacks. I defeated Blaine and I won the Volcano Badge and the TM containing the move Overheat from him. I left the Seafoam Island Gym and I flew to Cinnabar Island.

I won another 14 battles at the Battle Tower earlier, bringing my streak back up to 35 wins. Didn't have too much trouble with the battles overall. The only troublesome battle I had was against this lead Tangrowth that was super bulky (even when Scizor's Attack was maxed) and spammed Double Team a lot. Took a while to take that one down, but eventually I stopped missing and KOed it. Other than that, the battles weren't terribly interesting or exciting.
    ~ * * ~

Was soft resetting for shiny sudowoodo for 8 days straight. Got nothing. Today I decided that I was going to knock out sudowoodo and come back for it after the E4. Good thing I gave up on woodo because I started soft resetting for Bill's eevee today and got a shiny one in less than 50 SRs. Very happy. Modest nature too, But I was going to make it a umbreon either way.
    Last edited by IsaacGaray; 5th March 2015 at 1:08 AM.
    Soul Silver Shinies:

Current Shiny Hunt:

I healed at Cinnabar Island's PC, then I went to Viridian City. I battled Cal at the Trainer House and won a Battle Point and I then went to the Viridian City Gym afterwards, but the Gym trainers there were a lot stronger than I thought they'd be, so I left after I defeated just a couple of them. I went to Victory Road to the west of Viridian City to train my Pokemon more. It took about an hour or so for my Pokemon to level up by a couple of levels each. I finally left the cave after my Pokemon had leveled up some more and I healed them at the Viridian City Pokemon Center when I went back there again. I returned to the Viridian Gym next and I battled against the remaining Gym trainers inside, which was far easier this time.

Finished EV training eevee a few mins ago. Evolved into umbreon =) EVs are all HP and DEF. Its IVs are pretty aweful, but it has 31 in SpDef. So far it calculates to 7/19/6/2/31/13. Went to the bug catching contest, but I was too busy EV training. We finally got settled into ecruteak city. Now that I have Umbreon with me I'll be able to handle our next gym match.
    Last edited by IsaacGaray; Yesterday at 1:08 AM.
    Soul Silver Shinies:

Current Shiny Hunt:

I battled Gym Leader Blue and he used Exeggutor and I used my Typhlosion against it. I defeated Exeggutor with Lava Plume, then I switched to Bellossom when Blue used Rhydon. I had Bellossom attack with Energy Ball and that was enough to defeat Rhydon. Blue used his Gyarados afterwards and I switched to my Ampharos next. A Thunderbolt attack was enough to slay the ratchet Gyarados and next I swapped out to Noctowl when Blue sent out his Machamp. I attacked Machamp with Air Slash, but that wasn't enough to defeat it. I had to use Extrasensory to finally beat it and then I used Quagsire against Blue's Arcanine. I beat it with Waterfall and then I defeated Pidgeot with Ampharos's ThunderPunch.

Evolved chikorita into bayleef, then I gave it a rare candy right after and evolved it into meganium. Battled Morty and sweep with Umbreon. After that we went and got the HMs in Ecruteak. From there we went and backed tracked to all the bodies of water we missed. Thinking about SRing for shiny lapras but I ended up knocking out the roaming dogs so I can SR for them post E4. From there I went and picked up my rare balls from kurt. I gave him some yellow apricorns to make into moonballs. Now, Do I hunt Lapras? or continue to our next town? Or!? should I shiny hunt a route today? ...
    Last edited by IsaacGaray; Yesterday at 6:12 PM.
    Soul Silver Shinies:

Current Shiny Hunt:

So I won the Earth Badge and Trick Room TM from Blue at the Viridian City Gym, then I went to heal my darlings at Viridian City's PC. I then purchased items at the Poke Mart and then I ran south since I wanted to stop by Professor Oak's lab. I arrived in Pallet Town and I spoke to him. He gave me the Rock Climb HM and he told me to go to Mt. Silver to test my skills or something. I flew back to Viridian and I walked west towards the Pokemon League gate. I sashayed towards Mt. Silver afterwards and I battled against wild Pokemon as I made my way west. I eventually arrived at the Pokemon Center at the foot of Mt. Silver and I exchanged Pokemon there. I taught Rock Climb to my Snorlax and I entered Mt. Silver Cave.

Page 379 of 379 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379