Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The World Ends With You - NDS | Discussion thread

Default The World Ends With You - NDS | Discussion thread

Talk about the NDS game, The World Ends With You.
    Talk about Hints, Tips, Noise, Pins & just TWEWY in general.
    Dont spam or flame
    All Serebii Forum rules apply.

Have fun! ;D
    Last edited by Codey; 13th September 2009 at 10:50 AM.
        Spoiler:- A Roleplaying Site!:

^^ Please join this site! D: ^^
        Spoiler:- Clubs to join =D:

Great game, wrong place.

Uh, don't you think it's a bit late for this?

Anyway, I've played the game, and I liked it a lot. Finished it twice, and got all the pins, noise reports @ lvl.1 and all that stuff. 512 hours of gameplay.

Anyway, I don't think this topic will go far, there's been a group (which got deleted due to inactivity) and a clan about TWEWY before.

This game was awesome. I destroyed it.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

induringme

Yeah. Good game. I still play it, which is shocking, 'cause I rarely play games.

Good ****ing lord. The last post on this board was 6 HOURS AGO. Where are swimteam's postraping skills when you need them?

Anyways, what makes this game so good? I've never played it. Is it the plot? Gameplay? Music?
    GT: Steeel Woool
    (Let me know you're from SPPF if you send a request)

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing_Pikachu View Post
    Anyways, what makes this game so good? I've never played it. Is it the plot? Gameplay? Music?
    All of the above.

Good ****ing lord. The last post on this board was 6 HOURS AGO. Where are swimteam's postraping skills when you need them?

Lol Im here!XD I love this game, especially the music
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/16lgw95.png[/IMG]

Gameplay. And somewhat Plot.

In typical nomura fashion, It has terrible characters (With the exception of Neku late in the story, Hanekoma, and Sho) and the plot drags on and on and on. The plot is still moderately interesting, but definitely has it's faults.

The Gameplay on the other hand is excellent and refreshing. Great and innovative combat system that couldn't have been done anywhere but the DS.

The music is just awful though. Terrible J-pop and J-rap.
    Last edited by Zerokku; 14th September 2009 at 6:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerokku View Post
    It has terrible characters (With the exception of Neku late in the story, Hanekoma, and Sho) and the plot drags on and on and on. The plot is still moderately interesting, but definitely has it's faults.

The music is just awful though. Terrible J-pop and J-rap.
    I personally disagree with this. Besides a slight Mind Screw at the end, the plot is fairly straightforward, and the music (done by Takeharu Ishimoto) is one of my personal favorite soundtracks. Calling, Emptiness and, Junk Garage, Three Minutes Clapping, the list goes on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    I personally disagree with this. Besides a slight Mind Screw at the end, the plot is fairly straightforward, and the music (done by Takeharu Ishimoto) is one of my personal favorite soundtracks. Calling, Emptiness and, Junk Garage, Three Minutes Clapping, the list goes on and on.
    Yeah, I agree, I thought the plot was good, until the ending. The secret reports helped a little though.
    Last edited by swimteam09; 14th September 2009 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swimteam09 View Post
    The secret reports helped a little though.
    Um..what? Most of the secret reports were just boring, pointless, and hard to understand for the most part.
    Not currently accepting challenges for Pokemon since I'm making a new team.

Quote Originally Posted by nintendude 64 View Post
    Um..what? Most of the secret reports were just boring, pointless, and hard to understand for the most part.
    Not if you had a third grade education. They really couldn't have spelled it out any more.

I haven't played it yet (oooo shocking!! ), but I do plan on doing so. First off, I need to find it, and haven't really had the best of luck with that...

<C_L>

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    First off, I need to find it, and haven't really had the best of luck with that...

<C_L>
    Sorry, that's me buying all the copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    I didn't say the plot was bad, it was interesting, it just dragged on and on (Which I think the developers realized too with how short some of the days were)

And to each their own, but I thought the music was downright awful. J-pop has to be the worst type of music ever as far as I'm concerned.

I loved the music. I deleted the Brawl soundtrack off my iTunes, but kept TWEWY's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerokku View Post
    I didn't say the plot was bad, it was interesting, it just dragged on and on (Which I think the developers realized too with how short some of the days were)
    Ah, sorry. I guess I misinterpreted a bit. To be honest, Day 2 did become a bit of a chore at times, what with you being relegated to Joshua's errand boy. Their hilarious interactions, Sho, and the whole "Did he kill me?'' subplot kept me interested.

Oh, and Hanekoma. Dude is sexy awesome.

I liked the music too. Oo-parts rocks.

My favorite though is probably that one with the rapper singing "I'm phat cuz I like it like that", lol.

I don't think I'd listen to the music normally, but it really goes well with the game. The battle music is peppy and gets you into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post

My favorite though is probably that one with the rapper singing "I'm phat cuz I like it like that", lol.
    That would be Junk Garage, my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post

I don't think I'd listen to the music normally, but it really goes well with the game. The battle music is peppy and gets you into it.
    Yeah, totally XD Twister gets me groovin

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    Sorry, that's me buying all the copies.
    In that case: you're selling me one! And if you really wanted me to experience it, you'd sell it at a reasonable "not receiving any outward funds" price.

Heh, good luck with that.

<C_L>

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

It's alright. It's not difficult to make a fresh JRPG when the JRPG is such a stagnant genre, but it's still nice that it happened. The characters were a mixed bag, and the plot was okay until the Secret Reports reared their ugly head. Then it's just contrived arbitrary metaphysics thrown in for the sake of (wiggles fingers in quote-unquote fashion) "depth".

Battle system was the most inventive part of the whole package, but it's gonna need some fine tuning for the sequel (if that even happens). I guess I'd like to see more RPG's take place in modern times that aren't Shin Megami Tensei and MOTHER.

I was never a fan of the game, I found the battle system the only mildly entertaining part of the experience.

For the story, well, I found the ending enjoyable, to say the least. What specifically about the characters were terrible?
    Everybody loves a hero.
    Everybody loves you.

Beginning Light Trainer of Legends Begin!
    Join Legends Begin!

Name: KEVIN
    FC: 2234 5346 3017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast