78 32.23%
  • Courtyard

18 7.44%
  • Stargazer

47 19.42%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Opinion On The Hardest Colosseum

Neon or Sunset. It's a tie.

i think that like you, it's neon, but those master sets are really tough.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Default Stargazer once completed

You know with some colosseums once you completed Stargazer you battle 'em again? Well, that's what happened with stargazer. And who's the boss? THE BOSS O' GATEWAY!!!! And don't think for a second he has gateway's pokemon! OH no, he has ones that are 5 TIMES as hard as Gateway. He tore my team apart 15 TIMES (GASP!) before I beat him.

"Welcome to the real world, my friend."

-Gallade20772

I chose Stargazer coloseum because you pretty much have to resort to using all ubers or mostly ubers for the final battle. I have still defeated him a few times, but I can't beat him 100% of the time.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 104 CP

Discounting the Master Round in Stargazer, I'd say Neon. It was very fun battling the leader when she'd got all my good Pokémon and left me with her team.

(I've got the hang of the wheel since then, but yeah)

Quote Originally Posted by Gallade20772 View Post
    You know with some colosseums once you completed Stargazer you battle 'em again? Well, that's what happened with stargazer. And who's the boss? THE BOSS O' GATEWAY!!!! And don't think for a second he has gateway's pokemon! OH no, he has ones that are 5 TIMES as hard as Gateway. He tore my team apart 15 TIMES (GASP!) before I beat him.
    Be warned, Masters Battle gets a LOT harder than Joe. Go all out on IV breeding and EV training for your pokemon on your DS game(s) before you come here. On sets 4 and 8, I'd strongly recommend packing well trained OU/Uber pokemon for your first attempts at them. Even with Ubers, you need to know how to use them to get past just the regular trainers in there, never mind the colosseum masters.

As for Sunset Colosseum, the movesets get better as you rank up (thankfully). Rank 8 Lvl 50 All battles actually have legendaries/ubers with fairly decent movesets. There's still the trouble of luck if you and your opponent pick the same pokemon (I'm reminded of Dusty for some reason).
    I will not trade for hacked/cloned pokemon.
    5th gen: I can breed max Sp.Att/Speed Zoruas with Extrasensory and Dark Pulse with a modest nature.

The one that makes you spin the wheel because the opponent kept on taking my powerful pokemon

Stargazer's master battle and sunset are tied for me. I can easilly get through Stargazer with my Ubers (they are hacked just for single player mode). I hate sunset's mode D:
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Blech...I think it is the Master's class. Even though I LOVE Sashay's team, it is really annoying unless you have a taunter (Nidoking rules!).
    Check out my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/yytan12

:.Immortal Surfer.:

Credits to SGG!

neon colloseum, my timing is bad-_-

hey....... I think colosseum is an "educational shooter" that puts you in the middle of the gladiatorial bloodsport of Ancient Rome. You play the role of Gluteus, a thief who finds himself on the wrong side of the emperor.

neon is glowing evil, getting metapod for flygon, really ticked me off, yet I won with that metapod, metapod vs. magikarp for the last 2 pokemon.

Sunset by far. Gargahgagr. The pokemon they give you are crap, the leader always gets the best. I still havn't beat it :|

I was alright with Neon. I asked my friend to fire the things and she got my pokemon and easy PWNAGE
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/zkjz1w.jpg[/IMG]

Sunset for me. You can't use your own team plus the choices you get are never really good even at max rank.

And wow at all the Stargazer trouble. I just use theme teams(trick room, weather effects, gravity, etc.) and you can end every match with at least 3 out of your 4 pokemon still left.

Neon Colosseum isn't too much trouble for me. You need to get good at aiming at the pokemon wheel (if you want to do Survival Battle, you REALLY need to be good at it), and then using the following trick. Put 1 good pokemon on your battle pass, and 5 lvl 1 magikarps/combees or something. When picking pokemon on the battle wheel, get your good pokemon first, and then pick up the enemy trainer's pokemon. Hopefully they'll pick up your level 1 pokemon (even if they get set to lvl 50, they'll still make your opponent lose if you know what you're doing), while you get their pokemon and trounce your opponent's team. The last thing you want to do at Neon Colosseum is to pack loads of ubers.
    I will not trade for hacked/cloned pokemon.
    5th gen: I can breed max Sp.Att/Speed Zoruas with Extrasensory and Dark Pulse with a modest nature.

In my opinion, courtyard round 2 was the hardest, because the 2nd quarter and the 2nd half of the 100 trainers you face are tough, and one unlucky moment on the dart wheel may not heal you when you most desperately need a healthy team to survive, and will almost definitely put a loss on your record that will force you all the way back down to trainer no. 1 should you challenge courtyard again!

The second-most hardest colosseum has to be sunset and neon, but because they are both easy in round 1 and luck is not that necessary in that particular round, and since they have a roulette or random pokemon selection from a fixed set that doesn't necessarily cover all 490 pokemon usable pokemon at the time, I voted courtyard because it combines Neon in some ways, AND the computer randomly selects the roster of your opponent before the battle starts...
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

I'm still stuck on Sunset. Must've done it a hundred times now @_@
    Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)
    I have claimed the almighty Corphish!
        Spoiler:- Other Stuffs:

Neon...

Not even the rental pass pokemon are as bad as the ones the opponents in that colosseum use. And I always got stuck with using them...

That and the hax in stargazer. And because I dont have an uber team it just gets harder.

Neon...for that whell kills my fortune.

I haven't completed the game in full, but the Neon one is the worst! I try to trick the wheel but is not as easy as it seems. The opponent pokemon are either extremely powerful againts mine or a bunch of crummy weaklings when I get them.
    "Human beings are designed for many things,
    but lonelyness is not one of them".
    Mary Alice Young~Desperate Housewives

[IMG]http://i33.*******.com/e7njbr.jpg[/IMG], [IMG]http://i34.*******.com/10zva85.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/246p4dx.jpg[/IMG]

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Talking Neon

My hardest Challenge was the Neon Colosseum. Because I mostly ended up with the other trainer's Pokemon. And so I used the one Baby strategy. By raising Pre-evolved form like Cleffa etc. So I choose their Pokemon and they mostly ended up with mine. Calarus (Boom Baby)
    Last edited by Calarus; 28th October 2009 at 10:24 PM.

http://xat.com/tribal_savages
    Activity: Currently making a transition to 5th Gen. Still battles in 4th Gen. Battle Style: Pokemon Online.
    Sometimes the Pokemon world.., just isn't enough...
    I claim the almighty King of the Kanto Region "Machamp."

Neon was quite difficult, but I managed to beat the boss by taking Delcatty each time and messing around the weather to get solarbeam charged up. That actually worked pretty well, as I was only using the Cindy passes's pokemon.
    The Sunset colloseum was also quite difficult, mainly because of the boredom involved with the tedious battles (Victreebel with Acid, anyone?). But then you can get something like Lanturn and sweep the floor with your opponent (too bad the pokemon don't really transfer over from battle to battle).
    Platinum FC: 4253-9714-7904
    My shinies: x1

The Neon Colosseum. If I remember correctly, that's the one where you play the wheel to get Pokemon, yes?
    I tried using some of my Pokemon from Platinum (Lugia, Deoxys, Salamence, etc.) Needless to say when the other team got it (I'm terrible at the wheel) I was ripped apart. I tried using the Cindy pass, and it was still ridiculously hard.

Looking for the following. All must have no experience and should have been "just caught":

Adamant/Lonely/Brave Groudon, Rayquaza, Ho-Oh

Modest/Mild Palkia, Dialga

Careful/Gentle Ho-Oh

Calm/Careful/Impish Lugia

PM for friend code.

Neon colosseum is terrible! I havent beat it yet
    If you are a Jesus Freak; and you live for God, put this in you signature (started by Freak of Nature)

Mine would be the Sunset Colosseum. Choosing your team out of 12 random Pokemon is tough, especially if you don't find any Pokemon with decent moves.

I would have said Neon Colosseum, but then, I figured out how to get my desired Pokemon from the Fortune Wheel. It involves the number nine.
    Last edited by leon25270; 5th November 2009 at 12:18 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast