Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Rumble (Melee!) Now dated Q4!

I want to play the demo so badly just so I can see how the game is. I am a bit butthurt that IGN gave it a 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    I want to play the demo so badly just so I can see how the game is. I am a bit butthurt that IGN gave it a 6.
    I'm pretty sure IGN and other companies that rate games give like every video game that comes out these days less than a 7.5 unless it's MW2. They like to rate games low.

This is a great game but I don't have Wii Points And at our school we have a bank. Well I started a bank account, but the bank is closed until December 8th due to exams, and then Thanksgiving week, and training new employees.
    00][/CENTER]

Stickied temporarily. Anything and absolutely everything regarding pokemon rumble or what have you, goes in this thread.

Personally, I thought about getting the game when it was announced during the HG/SS outbreak. When the demo ame out here, I was somewhat disappointed at the simplicity of the game. I was just basically button mashing.

But then, I got the actuall game, and I say, it was a lot harder than the demo (huh-durr). It's really fun, especially if you do co-op play.

The only thing I don't like is the whole random move generator. All it does is it eats your money until you find a move you like.

Currently, my top favorite Pokemon in the game are:

Charizard- Flamethrower Steel Wing (Wide range, perfect for Battle Royals)
    Venusaur- Solarbeam (Every time I use S-Beam I shout "Death from above!") Energy Ball (It bounces!)

Blastoise- Aqua Tail Rock Slide

Quote Originally Posted by TomDraco View Post
    The only thing I don't like is the whole random move generator. All it does is it eats your money until you find a move you like.
    It's a pain, but if all you needed was money to arm every one of your Pokémon with the strongest/most effective attacks, there'd be no real challenge to the game; you could just cut swaths of destruction through every level.

Every time I use S-Beam I shout "Death from above!"
    I'm a fan of "LET HOLY SUNNY FURY RAIN DOWN FROM ABOVE!" myself.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's a pain, but if all you needed was money to arm every one of your Pokémon with the strongest/most effective attacks, there'd be no real challenge to the game; you could just cut swaths of destruction through every level.
    Say that to the guy who got Swagger 5 times in a row... Me.
    But, yeah, the RMG allows some room for difficulty.

I'm a fan of "LET HOLY SUNNY FURY RAIN DOWN FROM ABOVE!" myself.
    DEATH FROM ABOVE, is a bit shorter. And I'm siggin' that, if you don't mind.

Oh, and the music on the game.
    IT. IS. SUPERB.

I love Windy Prairie's battle theme.

And I'm siggin' that, if you don't mind.
    Go for it.

I contend that a strong Pokémon with Solarbeam is essential to success in this game because it's the top (or one of the top) combinations of power, range and coverage. It's either a 4-star or 5-star Grass attack, it allows you to back away and hammer a target or area with Solarbeams from what passes for a safe distance and it covers a fairly large radius as Rumble attacks go. That's the sort of combination that can be the difference between a win and a loss in a Battle Royale or a boss fight, where you're down to a last few HP on your last key and you can stay alive long enough to win by keeping the level boss or remaining Royale boss at arms length while repeatedly hammering them with an attack that does tremendous damage with a type advantage and still does passable damage per hit even without it.

-----
    Words to|live by

Solarbeam is awesome. I'm partial to "RUN! RUN! OR YOU'LL BE WELL DONE!" myself. (It's 4 star, by the way).
    The bouncing projectiles like Flash Cannon, Shadow Ball and Energy Ball are good as well. Dragon Claw's a great, fast melee attack for something like a Garchomp.

Looking for a Magmar, Electabuzz or Jynx now to try and get one of the legendary Birds.

I got the game yesterday and I'm really enjoying it so far
    Its a short game but really fun
    It's annoying how your pokemon don't level up so could get a really good pokemon like dragonite at lvl 624 and its only useful for a while
    It would be nice if there was a sequel with extended game time, more stages and more pokemon

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Got myself a Shiny Clefairy with a power level of 150 something, and it beat Rank B Battle Royale by itself. It knows Pound and Calm Mind.

I got it Wednesday. I already beat Mewtwo (this morning ) and I have two shinies: Sandslash and Krabby.

It's easy to predict bosses. And for Dragon Claw, I take out a Punchy Charmander I have and spam it while moving. XD

MEWTWO BATTLE MUSIC IS PWN

#595 Joltik

OT: V4LOVER | ID No.: 22930 | Gender:

Nature: Timid | Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug / Electric
    Capture Location: Chargestone Cave | Hidden Power: Ice 70
    Moves: Fury Cutter / Electroweb / Bug Bite / Gastro Acid
    IVs: 31/14/30/31/31/31

i bought it two days ago, played it for 5 hours straight, funnest game i ever played, best 15 bucks i ever spent
    Would pokemon be this big of a franchise if ash first poke was a magikarp with the same will to not evolve as pikachu? -cayr(on smogon)
    WiFiGuest7857> trading my monferno for anything please help i hate him

Gen IV record 175-63

fc: 0474-7058-9514
    ismyhomeboy

i bought it two days ago, played it for 5 hours straight, funnest game i ever played, best 15 bucks i ever spent
    Would pokemon be this big of a franchise if ash first poke was a magikarp with the same will to not evolve as pikachu? -cayr(on smogon)

Gen IV record 175-63

ismyhomeboy

Gen IV record 175-63

ismyhomeboy

The only real ccriticism I can think of for the game is that the constantly interchanging area and battle themes get on my nerves, but at least not as much as Sonic Unleashed did with the same problem.

Mewtwo battle (though I'm not up to it, I've heard it) is awesome, and Windy Plains's battle theme reminds me of n invincibility theme. Battle Royale theme is awesome too, especially the 3-2-1 noise.

Game is win. I quite like the fact that you have to use new pokemon constantly as your old ones become outdated. I can never replace members of my party in the turn based games becuase of the training I'd have to do.

And lastly, when are they gonna release little wind up Pokemon toys that run around and smash into each other.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

That would be fun, they could sell little battle arena things where they could do battle and stuff

Gen IV record 175-63

ismyhomeboy

Anyone know why certain pokemon level up with wonder keys and others don't? Like my charizard and cheerim stayed their original level, but the other passwords leveled up with the wonder key, I can't seem to find any reason at all on the internets.

I believe it's because the password Pokemon have the highest levels in-game, but they put a cap on the power levels in every rank area, which when you complete a rank area and go to a higher rank, your password Pokemon go up too.

Oh, and I just beat Mewtwo today. I love his battle theme.

Also, here's a update to my favorite team members:

Charizard- Flamethrower Aerial Ace

Venusaur- S-Beam E-Ball

Blastose- Waterfall Ice Beam (I-Beam = Beam Spam on Windy Praire)

Dragonite- Agility Dragon Pulse (D-Pulse disappointed me in the look department)

Mew- Shadow Claw T-Wave

Alakazam- Drain Punch (D-Punch is great in Battle Royal, spam it and you'll deal great damage and get much needed health) Teleport

Ice Beam is a terrific long-range attack. It's another one that can save your hide in a tight spot where the only choice is to run, run, run, turn around, fire an attack, keep running.

-----
    Words to|live by

Oh yeah I found out why, pokemon from afar (Passwords or wiimote stored) level up with the keys, but not all have high levels, so some will cap out at level A normal whereas others will cap out at level EX.

Another thing, anyone know if the odds for shiny pokemon are the same as regular games or if it's easier to find?

Also I like rollout XP

I don't know if the numeric odds for a shiny are identical to the core titles, but they're still plenty rare.

-----
    Words to|live by

My brother just got a shiny. I'd be jealous if it looked remotely different.

On the subject of useful moves, I find multi-hit movement moves like Megahorn and quick attack invaluable against hordes of weak enemies and bosses too. Roost and Recover are excellant as the gradual healing won't wear off until it heals the set amount, so you can use it at full health and heal off damage when you take it. Lastly, easily spamable power up attacks like metal claw and ancient power are brilliant for powering up before battle.

BTW, what is the groundshake spin and the invincibility smoke move all bosses have?

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

I think the chance to get a shiny is lowered, as I have 4 shinies:

Arbok
    Tentacruel
    Clefairy
    Piplup.

That or I'm extremely lucky. Shinies always seem to have a special ability / trait too...

i like my mew, poison jab and drain punch, gets me through atleast till the battle royale bosses appear

Gen IV record 175-63

ismyhomeboy

My only shiny is a Rhydon. I also beat Normal Mode and now I'm on Advanced Mode.
    Platinum FC Chris 1977-6048-5193

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast