Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Rumble (Melee!) Now dated Q4!

I just started this game last night, simple but addictive and fun. I like the music. I'm only on rank B so far. Special pokemon I have caught: lucky pidgeotto and steady venonat, mostly use vulpix, also got the password pokemon available here mew and eevee. My highest level pokemon so far excluding the password pokemon is machoke 195. So only kanto and sinnoh pokemon? are they thinking of adding 2nd and 3rd gen pokemon later? sounds like a nintendo scheme to get more money, it wouldn't have been that hard to have them all in considering ranch has already done all the sprites.
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

Is the game experience lacking that much for not being able to play as Feraligatr/Swampert instead of Blastoise/Empoleon?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

haha, i guess not. I just finished the kanto part of the game with gengar and nidoking, how random. Now onto the advanced sinnoh part. I haven't caught all the kanto pokemon though. Haven't seen or caught any shinys, and have too many pokemon with special abilities now to list. Anyway, good fun. Think i better do something productive now though.
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

I've been playing rumble and wondered wether I can release my ryhdons and get a rhypieror before 'another mode'. I didnt know becase sinnoh pokemon arnt in the game till another mode. anybody know ?
    I always choose the fire type starter ! they all rule !

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny-Charizard-234 View Post
    I've been playing rumble and wondered wether I can release my ryhdons and get a rhypieror before 'another mode'. I didnt know becase sinnoh pokemon arnt in the game till another mode. anybody know ?
    Tried it, and you can get sinnoh mon via tickets before you reach another mode.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

You know how sometimes enemy pokemon get 'stunned' and they have stars around them, and if you kill them like that you're guaranteed to capture them? Is there a trick to getting that to happen, or is it random?
    Life itself is that which is eternal.

Completely random. Anecdotally, people have reported that high combo strings and high critical hit percentages can seem to raise the chances, but there's nothing to prove that.

-----
    Words to|live by

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtleismyhomeboy View Post
    i like my mew, poison jab and drain punch, gets me through atleast till the battle royale bosses appear
    My Mew has Shadow Ball and X-scissor. It's only been KO'd once and I'm up to S-Rank now.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I don't know if the numeric odds for a shiny are identical to the core titles, but they're still plenty rare.
    Are they really that rare? I found both a shiny Nidoking and a shiny Nidoqueen about a minute appart from eachother. I've only been playing for a few hours though.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    Are they really that rare?
    I'm up to EX with about 14 hours in the books and the only shinies I've encountered, I didn't actually encounter - I obtained them from numeric codes. You encountered some kinda odds in finding two back-to-back.

-----
    Words to|live by

I got a shiny Healthy Golduck apaprently. It knows Cross Chop. Best move ever.

LOL I almost deleted it when I noticed the name was blue, I'm used to shinies actually shining.

I have a Shiny Venusaur lickylicky,and my favorites are mew,palkia,dialga,heat rotom,charizard,and blastoise

This game is stupid fun.

I love it so much, and I've only done the first Royale.

Has anyone notice that the Terminal Music sounds similar to the music in Hey You Pikachu?

Terminal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL-jJtFwhZQ

Hey You Pikachu; listen to the first of the theme
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Q8Hg9ZXMs

Really interesting.

I want that game i think will be next Pokemon Rumble 2

I am in the EX world. I have beaten the first three battle arena stages. The trouble is the last one is just so challenging. For stage 4-1 I use Mew w/ Poison Jab and Thunder, Electivire with Cross Chop and Psychic, and Zapdos with Thunder and Drill Peck. For stage 4-2 I end up using Machamp with Cross Chop, Skymin with Seed Flare and Protect, and Staraptor with Hyper Beam. I have gotten really close to beating it. I also have one Shiny Pokemon so far.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

Want to chat? Skype: dragonexpert8323
    Instant Messager: Arceus
    Now with support for group instant messaging.

Out of interest, what's the higest Power Pokémon everyone has? I have an Exeggutor with 2371 and was wondering how, if at all, I could get anything stronger.
    Jumping on the Friend Safari Bandwagon!
    4167 - 4475 - 9473
    (Has Snorunt, Bergmite & Lapras)

Well, the highest power level is 9001 *bricked*

Actually, I think it is somewhere around 2500. But pokemon THAT good would be pretty rare.
    Pokemon TCG revamped: The game! - A link to my game. It's locked now, but I'm working on reviving it. If you attempt to recreate it, I will EAT YOU.

...what? I know that I agree with this entirely.

The max power, IIRC, is 2500.

Right now, I've beaten EX2. I need to get some good moves or some good 2300+ to challenge EX3. Right now I have my lead as a 2200+ Rhydon (Rock Blast/EQ) which can build up time, before I switch to Shaymin-S (Seed Flare/Leech Seed) to burn the time (in EX1 I had three minutes of one-on-one, and I recovered from 1HP to 50% by burning the time and repeatedly seeding). The two are usually good enough to clear the first battle royal. My lead in the second part is usually Rhydon (Fire Blast/Protect), followed by Magneton (Tri-Attack/Thunderbolt) and Gyarados (Hydro Pump/HP Ground). Gyarados is my ace at 2423 (and is the only one to break 2400, and the first Rhydon is the only one below 2300 that I use). Others I normally use (but not typically in my BR lineup) include Magnezone (Zap Cannon/Spark), Torterra (Giga Drain/Wood Hammer), Giratina-O (Shadow Force/Strength), and in the lower levels, Bronzong (Psychic/Future Sight) and Mismagius (Magical Leaf/Thunder), and Gengar (Thunder/Toxic). IIRC, none have special abilities.

I actually found Normal S to be harder than Another S. Prolly since I gotten used to the AI being really dumb when it comes down to 3-on-1 situations (Mewtwo, I found, is much easier to avoid in Another S compared to Normal S). In Another S, I think I burned 15 seconds wearing out Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina when they repeatedly walked right into a Probopass EQ. In EX2, I could run around in circles and repeatedly snipe Electivire and Magmortar every two seconds with Hydro Pump.

In terms of ability, I tend to find the Guards useless in general and Healthy useless in BR. Speedy (to grab time) and Techie (to spam attacks) are nice to have. Haven't tried Rally since I've only played solo.

For getting good moves, if you have the patience, you can get very powerful moves by paying the $6000 a pop on EX world. You can get a lot of money by just releasing all the pokemon you don't use or beating the arenas again.
    Last edited by Professor dragonexpert; 27th November 2009 at 2:56 AM. Reason: mispelling
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

Want to chat? Skype: dragonexpert8323
    Instant Messager: Arceus
    Now with support for group instant messaging.

True. I'm patiently trying to get a 2350+ Torterra something better than Tackle and Bite. Not sure what just yet.

Any of the healing Grass moves like Absorb or Mega Drain can be a lifesaver in a tough fight. Try for one of those on your Torterra.

-----
    Words to|live by

Feel free to shoot me if this was asked already, but does anyone know why they decided to only put Kanto and Sinnoh pokemon in the game? Johto has most of my favorites. It couldn't be cause of HGSS, could it?

Why does some pokemon sparkle? They always seem to be caught/recruited/tipped over. Or is it just some random effect? Are there any more passwords on the Eu version other than the ones listed on the main site?

If they're actually sparkling, it means they're either shiny or they have a special ability. I believe this is indicated by a differently-colored circle outline on the ground around the Pokémon when it's tipped over.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    If they're actually sparkling, it means they're either shiny or they have a special ability. I believe this is indicated by a differently-colored circle outline on the ground around the Pokémon when it's tipped over.
    That's correct. Seeing as I'm assuming that all Shiny Pokemon have special abilities, then it's safe to say that those with special abilities shine, and yes, they have an extra 'ring' around them when tipped over.

I'm also assuming Shinies have 100% recruitment rate. Not sure though.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast