Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: An Egg Scramble (611)

Lulz the top post now put my head into shambles. I can imagine Ash's Cyndaquil being all controlled by the young cute Cyndaquil dawn has.
    BLAH

Great episode, Dawn's Cyndaquil is the cutest thing ever, 10/10. Expected some sort of old rival to show up (like Nando/Conway etc.) so that Dawn could boast about Cyndaquil but nonetheless the episode was perfect.

Kotone is just adorable to watch.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

Dawn owns a cyndaquil! Thats great!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightning View Post
    Me either. IT BROKE MY BRAIN.
    Something that was blatantly obvious such as Dawn getting a Johto starter is a shock?

Are people joking or something? It was a very good chance Dawn was going to get one of the Johto starters simply based on the past with May and the Kanto starters.

awesome ep. finally get to see kotone. is she a trainer or a coordinator, or maybe both? since there's no sub, i can't quite understand what they are saying ;w;

and, cyndaquil! that's quite unexpected, but it's good to see a fire-type on dawn's team. and she looks cute with it <3
    Last edited by Cassiel; 19th September 2009 at 2:04 AM.

i'm in shock e-electric shock!

{ twitter // tumblr // shop // credit to f(x) }

Quote Originally Posted by megaman12 View Post
    Can someone tell me what kotone says when she meets ash and crew?
    You'll find out when it airs in the US.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

does ash remeber he had a cyndaquil once or does he go o wow ive never seen that before.
    my platinum team -

Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 1st strike, so only the rule-breaking parts were removed. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

I'm really glad Dawn got a Cyndaquil.... partly because I've been pretty disappointed with her team thus far. I liked it when she used to have Buizel, and I like she has Mamoswine, but you can only do so much with a Pachirisu, and Bunneary.... okay fine I like Bunneary.... but Piplup is way, way too pushy, spoiled, and overused -_-' this'll probably teach it some manners in the long run. Also, it adds some variety to Dawn's team, her team looks really dull in coloration, all blues and browns. Cyndaquil adds some peppy variety ^_^. I hope this pokemon gets more screentime, it has alot of potential.

I'm a tad disappointed in one aspect however, I was kinda hoping Ash's Cyndaquil would make a return... maybe it will, but I doubt it will evolve now, because Dawn's will probably evolve...... and in all honesty, I think I'd prefer it that way since right now she only has ONE pokemon evolved, and I'd like seeing more of a full team on her hands.

By the way, I'm really impressed with Kotone's character. I already was growing fond of her even though her clothes took time getting used to, but I REALLY like her personality in the anime. She's not irritating or, excuse the word but, prissy like Marina was, which was a big gripe of mine. In fact, Kotone seems pretty mature (though that's probably a result of her voice actor) and it's ABOUT TIME there was a recurring female character who challenges gyms. I have nothing against Coordinators, in fact, I love how the contests are portrayed in the anime since they always manage to make very pleasing spectacles and I play the contests in the games, but I got it into my head that it seemed kinda stereotypical that they would make girls be more interested in contests than battles so I was waiting for a character to show up that was either a gym battler or a dual trainer like Nando or something. Anyway, Kotone's pretty awesome so far, and her personality matters way mroe to me than her clothes do.

-Ash is hungry. This relates to HGSS because...uh...he'll try a delicious APRICOT SHAKE! Yeah, that's it.
    -Hey! A runaway Marill is the plot device to talk to Kotone! Just like the games! (luckily for AshnCo, she will NOT make them sit through a capture tutorial. Lucky sons of...)
    -Gotta show off the Pokegear. It's the world's ugliest cell phone!
    -Blueish black hair...glasses...green shirt...CONWAY, IS THAT YOU?

Yes, I know that's not really Conway, you twits
    -Kotone's hat and suspenders are pissing me off. NOBODY wears suspenders, and that hat is just ugly.
    -Gotta recap the legends of the Tin/Burnt towers. I'm sure this episode is awesome to the kids who weren't even born when the original GSC came out, but to me...well, yeah.
    -Blah blah ALL THE PLACES IN JOHTO PEOPLE CARE ABOUT blah
    -I hate to be the person whining about how the anime's not realistic, but why WOULD there be an entire "WOO JOHTO AWESOME" festival? Is it like the festivals for native american/latino/etc culture or what? But those usually involve more food and music and fewer annoying infomercials about how AWESOME these places are to take a vacation in.
    -Note the subtly placed apricorn basket. Because...well, that was obviously a VERY IMPORTANT addition to HGSS! Also, Moomoo milks. Because Shinou didn't have those at all.
    -Totodile. The Coolest Johto Starter Pokemon. Seriously, it's an entire line of awesome alligators and crocodiles that could totally rip you to shreds.
    -Hey, this totodile is acting serious! Meaning that it's the first totodile in the series with an actual personality!
    -Oh, time for Brock to do his obligatory SEE SEE POKEMON BREEDERS DO USEFUL THINGS SEE show of the year.
    -Ash just swallowed his ice cream cone whole. With ice cream still in it. Guess the animators couldn't be bothered to show him licking his ice cream cone for the rest of the scene? Not that Dawn/Brock are even pretending to eat their ice cream...
    -This is the sound of me skipping ahead in the episode until something happens.
    -Chikorita. The Lamest Johto Starter Pokemon. Only losers pick Chikorita as their starter. It starts off looking okay, but then it becomes Meganium, which is the ugliest shade of green known to man and has that hideous pink flower to "compliment" its skin tone. Also, it does all of squat in battle other than status effects, and that's no way to win battles.
    -Dawn and Kotone battle. I skip a lot of stuff because this is boring. TR steals the Cyndaquil egg.
    -TR has crazy fantasies of what might be in the egg. At least that's what I assume they're doing, what with all the legendary Pokemon they're imagining. (aka "the writers best effort at namedropping all the Johto legendaries into this episode")
    -Teddiursa! TR scares it, and...MOMMA URSARING! Been a while since we've seen one of those rampaging around firing Hyper Beams everywhere. (although at least this one has a legitimate reason for it)
    -Hey guys! Staraptor's still alive! Cancel the funeral!
    -Using Water Guns as flares of sorts. Clever-ish.
    -Is that one kid SERIOUSLY being used as an excuse to hear Carnivine's dex data again?
    -And the egg is safe. Whatever.
    -TR's about to get murdered by a bunch of Ursaring! Yay!
    -Dawn gets Cyndaquil blah blah. I hope the "cyndaquil's flame goes up in her face, with hilarious results" thing doesn't become a running gag.

Yeah, this ep is JOHTO JOHTO JOHTO JOHTO, as you'd expect. The plot isn't even that interesting(it's one half lame battle, one half wandering around trying to get the egg back).
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

In fact, Kotone seems pretty mature (though that's probably a result of her voice actor) and it's ABOUT TIME there was a recurring female character who challenges gyms.
    Who exactly voices Kotone-chan anyway?
    Pokemon Black Name: Teito
    Pokemon Black FC: 3869 6814 1896

E-Mail Address: firechick25@gmail.com (in case these forums keep getting messed up)
    Pokemon White 2 Name: Serena
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 5072 2733 1563

Pokemon Black 2 Name: Lyra
    Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4771 6442 6877

Pokemon X Name: Rochelle
    FC: 3754-7778-5065
    Friend Safari: Ice
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Bergmite, Snover, Cloyster

I have a UT Male Shiny Foongus for trade if anyone wants it! It's in my White 2 game!

So, is Kotone in the Johto League or Sinnoh League?

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Johto I think, she has both Zephyr and Hive badges if I'm not mistaken...really glad Dawn got Cyndaquil, I would have been tormented by nightmares if it was Chikorita she got...

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Quote Originally Posted by *Jean Grey* View Post
    Johto I think, she has both Zephyr and Hive badges if I'm not mistaken...really glad Dawn got Cyndaquil, I would have been tormented by nightmares if it was Chikorita she got...
    That's what I thought. If she was in the Sinnoh League, she would be very far behind Ash and probably wouldn't be in the league tournament arc.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Why are people acting so surprised Dawn got a Cyndaquil?

Didn't we all think it was fairly obvious it would happen the moment HGSS were announced?
    to increase their post count cuz they can't think of anything better to say because they didn't watch the episode

wonder when piplups not gonna be jealous of everything...

Quote Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
    Who exactly voices Kotone-chan anyway?
    Some chick named Megumi Nakajima.
    [img]http://i35.*******.com/2s0bg9h.png[/img]
    3DS FC: 1032 - 1228 - 8506 (Be sure to VM/PM me if you add me)
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by LightingKimba View Post
    Some chick named Megumi Nakajima.
    Megumi Nakajima? Really? Well...... okay, that shows she could definitely make a more childish voice if she wanted to considering a past character of hers ^^; she can sing really well too.

Sorry for showing up late to the party lol

I actually really liked dis episode there was so many johto references(as expected of course) it was great

Marill - Grrr to commonly shown give her a wooper or some ither water type pokemon it's not like they're hard to come by
    Johto pokedex - I thought this would show up alright....i think it looks really good to be honest....the pink sucks though
    Pokegear - Not the worst looking device either if you ask me lol
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KOTONE IS A TRAINER AND NOT A COORDINATOR THANK CHRIST!!!
    That little clip show was quite good actually it brought back some good memories
    That battle was very short but at least piplup won
    Oh yes my and others theory of her getting cyndaquil finally proven
    Wow team rocket staling the egg real original
    Totodile seems like a rough one he's cool
    Is totodile using water gun as well?
    Hey Staraptor long time no see
    The music in this episode was F***ing brilliant IMO
    Carnivine battling again woo - They did it for us to remeber him so he'll be fresh when he battles mamoswine in the contest episode
    The begining of this episode made it look like Pika and Pip were gonna battle but NOOO they just split the scream to attack TR waste of my time...LMAO
    Cyndaquil dare i say it looks kind of cool and zomg CUTE
    Nice mlittle ending with Dawn getting the face burnt off herself

Good Times!!! lol

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Dawn is gonna have an Cyndaqul

Quote Originally Posted by Kudo View Post
    Dawn is gonna have an Cyndaqul
    You have won this thread.

Anyway, Dawn's new Cyndaquil fits dawn rather perfectly and would make a great fire type, (although It might copy May's Torchic a little bit too much)
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Also, Evil-train-dude is easily 4th or 5th on the list of greatest things ever.
    Agreed, but only on the count of it being a Zelda Boss.

I didn't like this episode. Not at all. To me, it was just one long a** commercial. I didn't like Commercial Girl (that's what I'm calling Kotone) @ all. And I'm mad they gave Dawn a fawkin Cyndaquil. In conclusion, the episode was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    I didn't like this episode. Not at all. To me, it was just one long a** commercial. I didn't like Commercial Girl (that's what I'm calling Kotone) @ all. And I'm mad they gave Dawn a fawkin Cyndaquil. In conclusion, the episode was awful.
    Wow u must really hate the episode... I didn't find it all that interesting but it was still ok though. Do u dislike Dawn?
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

So this episode is all about the writers attempting to pick off every last individual who has not yet been suckered into the HGSS craze. All three of us. I shall watch with skepticism, seeing if their brainwashing tricks work after HOLY COW IT'S PIKABLU! I'm convinced at last! I'm gonna grab a copy of Pokemon Red so I can talk to the old man who teaches you how to catch a Weedle then walk in the grass around Cerulean for three consecutive hours until I encounter I wild Pikablu! It didn't work 11 years ago, but who's to say it won't work now? Wait...that's not Johto.

Kotone is now showing me a screen with all the crappy Johto cities on it. Still not convinced. But hey, they gave Clair a cameo. That's a step. Now she's attempting to mesmerize her audience with some really lame starter Pokemon. Now we can see all of Chikorita's cool Johto attacks, most notably "Hide-in-a-CG-Box". And so Dawn gets an egg, which convinces me further, because eggs are delicious. But of course, Team Rocket steals the egg, thus making this episode exactly like every other episode before it involving an egg.

TR gives us a nice montage of Johto legendaries, which is totally not a pull to make you buy the games. No way. Never. Unthinkable. I'd say that Ursaring is another Johto plug, but Ursaring seems to be a big Hyper Beaming jerk no matter what region it's in. Of course, Jessie tripping over a rock is obviously a plug, seeing as how rocks contain hidden Pokemon and items in Johto. I'm just too smart for you writers. I've figured out all your tricks by this point.

And thus, the old man rents out the Johto kids to the gang as advertisement slaves for five episodes. What a great guy. And the egg hatches into a Cyndaquil. So totally didn't see that coming. In fact, I was eagerly awaiting the debates that would occur over whether the egg was a Cyndaquil or a Torkoal (see Eevee-Zigzagoon debates). I assume the afro thing will be a running gag, which is actually fine with me since it's basically what Pachirisu did before it went and become irrelevant.

I initially stated that Cyndaquil hatching early would spare us the inevitable plot of TR stealing the egg or egg Pokemon, but that was apparently speaking too soon. Likewise, we got an incredibly standard episode out of it. New AD duo ain't too shabby (a few awkward moments, but way better than the Pluto episode), and time will tell whether or not Cyndaquil becomes the new May's Squirtle with fans (for the sake of my sanity, I'm hoping not).
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Piplup annoyed me in these episodes. Maybe it's because I'm such a die-hard Cyndaquil (Quilava) fan, but Piplup's attention-mongering really grated my nerves. I hope Cyndaquil makes it to the second stage. I would have rather Ash's Cyndaquil make an eventual return, but since that's not gonna happen, a little limelight is better than none!

EDIT: New watergun animation is new.
    Last edited by Bliksem; 21st September 2009 at 8:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Piplup annoyed me in these episodes. Maybe it's because I'm such a die-hard Cyndaquil (Quilava) fan, but Piplup's attention-mongering really grated my nerves. I hope Cyndaquil makes it to the second stage. I would have rather Ash's Cyndaquil make an eventual return, but since that's not gonna happen, a little limelight is better than none!
    I doubt Dawn's Cynda will evolve, the writers seem content with keeping all her Pokemon small and unevolved except for Mamoswine. They even bumped off Ambipom which was her only other evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    So this episode is all about the writers attempting to pick off every last individual who has not yet been suckered into the HGSS craze. All three of us. I shall watch with skepticism, seeing if their brainwashing tricks work after HOLY COW IT'S PIKABLU! I'm convinced at last! I'm gonna grab a copy of Pokemon Red so I can talk to the old man who teaches you how to catch a Weedle then walk in the grass around Cerulean for three consecutive hours until I encounter I wild Pikablu! It didn't work 11 years ago, but who's to say it won't work now? Wait...that's not Johto.

Kotone is now showing me a screen with all the crappy Johto cities on it. Still not convinced. But hey, they gave Clair a cameo. That's a step. Now she's attempting to mesmerize her audience with some really lame starter Pokemon. Now we can see all of Chikorita's cool Johto attacks, most notably "Hide-in-a-CG-Box". And so Dawn gets an egg, which convinces me further, because eggs are delicious. But of course, Team Rocket steals the egg, thus making this episode exactly like every other episode before it involving an egg.

TR gives us a nice montage of Johto legendaries, which is totally not a pull to make you buy the games. No way. Never. Unthinkable. I'd say that Ursaring is another Johto plug, but Ursaring seems to be a big Hyper Beaming jerk no matter what region it's in. Of course, Jessie tripping over a rock is obviously a plug, seeing as how rocks contain hidden Pokemon and items in Johto. I'm just too smart for you writers. I've figured out all your tricks by this point.

And thus, the old man rents out the Johto kids to the gang as advertisement slaves for five episodes. What a great guy. And the egg hatches into a Cyndaquil. So totally didn't see that coming. In fact, I was eagerly awaiting the debates that would occur over whether the egg was a Cyndaquil or a Torkoal (see Eevee-Zigzagoon debates). I assume the afro thing will be a running gag, which is actually fine with me since it's basically what Pachirisu did before it went and become irrelevant.

I initially stated that Cyndaquil hatching early would spare us the inevitable plot of TR stealing the egg or egg Pokemon, but that was apparently speaking too soon. Likewise, we got an incredibly standard episode out of it. New AD duo ain't too shabby (a few awkward moments, but way better than the Pluto episode), and time will tell whether or not Cyndaquil becomes the new May's Squirtle with fans (for the sake of my sanity, I'm hoping not).
    So you're saying it's a trick...?
    Ash's team right now

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast