Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: An Egg Scramble (611)

Watched the episode today, I really liked it. I had a nostalgia feeling. It was almost like Johto was a brand new region. I didn't like how Ash said Johto brought back good memories and Dawn is completely unphased about it.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Watched the episode today, I really liked it. I had a nostalgia feeling. It was almost like Johto was a brand new region. I didn't like how Ash said Johto brought back good memories and Dawn is completely unphased about it.
    I know! Especially sinced she seemed so interested in Johto back when May was going on and on about it during the Wallace Cup! Maybe there was already too much going on I guess.

What do you think about Ash's Gliscor being completely absent for the entire time Kotone and Kazunari were with the main group? She is the only pokemon of any main character that has never seen Dawn's Cyndaquil ever just because Gligar no longer evolves which means her species is extinct and no longer exists and no longer a pokemon. Why was she completely absent the entire time Kotone and Kazunari were temporary main characters?
    Visit my dA page Elektro2818
    I've been a member since 2010. I predominately focus on Happy Tree Friends.

I can`t wait for the US version to air next Saturday.We will finally find out what Kotone`s Us Name.

Smashin' !

I am really looking forward to the english episode An Egg Scramble.... wow had scrambled eggs this morning... uh oh I hope I didn't eat Dawn's egg... I wonder what they'll name Kotone? I pray they don't royally screw her name up...
    News flash her name is...... drumroll......
    L Y R A!
    Lyra. hmmm interesting...
    Last edited by TheOfficialHappyDragonite; 2nd February 2010 at 4:11 AM. Reason: Kotone's name in english has been announced.
    HappyDragonite
    HGSS march 14th 2010
    a new legend begins...

My Future HG^ and SS^ teams!

^ C R E D I T > G L A D E S H A D O W ^
    Please don't steal my Team pics! if you do I'll get ya!

Just saw the dub. What can I say except that I missed the way Kotone says her own name at the end of her sentences, and that after last week's high in keeping all of the score, TPCI and DuArt are totally inconsistant.

I also don't get why the anime team couldn't have been more subtle in their heralding of HG/SS. When FR/LG came out, they didn't get nearly this level of an episode. A Johto Festa? We know who these Pokemon are, guys. Anyone younger should just look it up, and the series should stick by it's 'Diamond and Pearl' name.
    Wii Console Number: 2471 5162 9486 4718
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2449 4326 8585
    Pokemon Pearl: 0817 0421 0350
    AC: City Folk: 2063 2647 5316
    Xbox 360 GamerTag: Alex IR esq

If interested, send a private message reply posthaste.

I thought that this episode was ok. Spelling Kazunari's English name as Khoury does seem weird.

9/10
    Over all good episode. Too bad we wont see Cyndaquil's moves until DP144.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I thought this was a great episode.Carnivine`s PokeDex entry in this episode was funny.It`s nice to see Johto stuff in this episode.

10/10

Smashin' !

I hear there's some Johto in this episode. Just a rumor though.

I'll never get tired of hearing Totodile talk. Never.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Cartoonami View Post
    I also don't get why the anime team couldn't have been more subtle in their heralding of HG/SS. When FR/LG came out, they didn't get nearly this level of an episode. A Johto Festa? We know who these Pokemon are, guys. Anyone younger should just look it up, and the series should stick by it's 'Diamond and Pearl' name.
    Things have changed. The anime ties closer to the games than ever before. So it's not too weird that they're incorporated HG/SS in the anime. It probably makes for higher sales too :S

I actually enjoyed it. But "going to each region to promote the Johto Legue." Could the creators be anymore subtle?

But seeing all the Johto-related areas and Pokemon did bring back some memories. Liked how Lyra and Khourey were using their Pokedex to check out Sinnoh Pokemon. Especially liked that Totodile and Cyndaquil still have their original voices.

Once again, TR annoyed the hell out of me.

10/10

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

just saw the dub this morning dont see why ash didnt explain more about his johto days could have informed the younger veiwers it also seems like they were just outright throwing it out there with johto how do you promote your country

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom champion Z View Post
    just saw the dub this morning dont see why ash didnt explain more about his johto days could have informed the younger veiwers it also seems like they were just outright throwing it out there with johto how do you promote your country
    By using punctuation.

They probably wanted to mention Johto less so the younger kids can really experience a new world in HG/SS.

I saw the dub and I think Kazunari's new name (Khourey) is great.

Liked the other things, more than that nothing special 7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Things have changed. The anime ties closer to the games than ever before. So it's not too weird that they're incorporated HG/SS in the anime. It probably makes for higher sales too :S
    I like that the anime is faithful to the source material, moreso than many other shows based on video games. But, in my opinion, there is a line between re-creating a key plot point (Team Galactic, Darkrai vs Cresselia) and reallly spelling out the latest game release that isn't the first of its generation (how the 11'th movie tied into Platinum, 12'th with HG/SS)
    Wii Console Number: 2471 5162 9486 4718
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2449 4326 8585
    Pokemon Pearl: 0817 0421 0350
    AC: City Folk: 2063 2647 5316
    Xbox 360 GamerTag: Alex IR esq

If interested, send a private message reply posthaste.

Oh. My. Fuking. God.

<33333333333333333333333

I loved this episode, just for the fact that Soul/Kotone/Lyra was in it, along with Cyndaquil <3333 I liked the plot, it didn't seem rushed, and I loved the part when Jesse almost gets killed by Ursaring.

100/10

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

I am in great disappointment that Kotone's dub name isn't Maria (the color schemes for her outfits resembles Mario's for crying out loud), but it was funny that she couldn't say Dawn's name right. At least I can now use Meganium in my HG team now that she has a Chikorita in the anime. What's with Dawn getting pokemon that will soon evolve into not so cute evolved forms, it doesn't really suit her that much.
    Last edited by Dattebayo; 6th February 2010 at 4:31 PM.

It's a great episode. We're introduced to Lyra and Correy (sp?) and Dawn gets a Cyndaquil. It reminds me when May catches a Bulbasaur back in Hoenn. And we see stuff from Johto. It's funny when Cyndaquil messes up Dawn's hair style at the end of the episode.

Christopher Niosi did the voice of Khoury on today's (and for the next four episodes) episode of Pokemon! He's the guy from Newgrounds who does the flash animations.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Khoury

I was a little ticked off with the tv at first, but then I moved to the parent's television instead of the widescreen due to it being glitched with the CNw channel. Anyways, who voice Lyra, she sounds lovely every time I heard her voice. It was great to see the Johto Pokes again.

I wonder if I could ever voice for Pokemon?

Now, I just the US dubbed of this episode. I caught the tail end of it but I noticed one thing. It seemed like Lyra was mispronouncing Dawn's name. But it was cute seeing Cyndaquil being born. (I just wish it was going to a different trainer instead of Dawn. I'm sorry I'm anti-Dawn, sorry hate me). I liked the episode from what I saw. But I am getting annoyed by Team Rocket stealing other people's pokemon/eggs. I guess I'm getting tired of seeing them showing up in almost in every episode doing the same darn thing everytime.

It's "a dollar short and a day late", or is it "a day late and a dollar short"? I've always said "a day late and a dollar short" so it was weird to hear "a dollar short and a day late" from Team Rocket. Anyway...

This "Johto promotion episode" defintely worked for me! I want my soulsilver version now, please. I was surprised by Lyra's and Khoury's voices. I was expecting a nerdy voice for Khoury. I love the johto starters! I will never get tired of them. It was pretty funny when totodile appeared out of those bushes and stole the egg back. What a great way to start the first Saturday of February off! Johto centered episode, two new temporary traveling companions, brand new cyndaquil for Dane, haha, and the beautiful start to another arc.

Overall, there was nothing that I didn't like.

Just watched the episode, Lyra was so awesome. And her VA was great as well. <3

I loved seeing her call Dawn, Dane. x3 Im gonna love seeing her in the next couple of episodes.

Plus, it was pretty sweet seeing Clair from Lyra's television broadcast, and also seeing Clair in her HGSS clothes.

Also the egg Dawn wins was exciting to see, and glad she's got a Cyndaquil. ^^ (well like I didnt know that before. :P) Plus, it was pretty funny firing at Dawn's hair. x3

Im excited for next weeks episode. ^^

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Pretty good episode, I enjoyed it, it reminded me a lot of Johto, even though it was in Sinnoh, I remember Johto having a lot of forests for the gang to travel through, with Ursaring and Teddiursa's too. Brought back some good Johto memories. Also Lyra and Khourey's voices were actually very good, I quite like the duo, and I'm glad their sticking around for a few episodes. Plus Dawn's Cyndaquil's Debut!!!!!!!
    Bring on next week
    10/10
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeX View Post
    By using punctuation.

They probably wanted to mention Johto less so the younger kids can really experience a new world in HG/SS.
    sorry bout that its kind of hard to type on the dsi, but any way yeah that makes sense. the thing is they were kind of throwing in info taped to a brick at us come see clair at black thorn city it was like smack look new place! new place!
    7/10

How come this episode is out already on youtube and Pokemon HG/SS isn't even out yet? The jap episode was out so as the jap game.

Anyway, Lyra is a great name for the HG/SS girl. Merina (Cant spell) is out of the line for this anime :P

Cant wait for the next episode!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast