Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: An Egg Scramble (611)

"That's hot..." Lol. Line of the century.

So Dawn has a Cyndaquil now. It's a cute little thing. He(or she maybe) looks powerful, so I'm anxious to see him/her battle.

And Cory (that's my in-game name!!!!) has some issues to work on. I'm just glad he and Lyra are staying for a while. I loved it when in the middle of the battle he pulls out his Pokedex for Carnivine's information.

But what was up with Lyra calling Dawn Dane?

Watching this episode further proves that I still don't know which starter I'm going to pick in Heartgold.
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

Guess this proves Kazunari isn't gonna be the main rival in the Sinnoh League. And I thought "Nicholson" was the perfect name for me.

Corey (NOT Khoury) fits though.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

This was a nice Johto based episode. It really was a nice look back to all the gyms and such. I remember Goldenrod City was my favorite place to be cause of all the stuff going on. Anyways, as for this episode, I'm glad Dawn got herself a Cyndaquil. Team Rocket was hilarious in this episode with the whole idea of thinking a legenday Johto pokemon will hatch from the egg as well as them getting chased by Ursaring.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Corey (NOT Khoury) fits though.
    What do closed captions say? I'd like some confirmation for Character Discussions.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Pretty good episode 7/10
    Can't wait for next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by aykay View Post
    everyone knows bugsy is the cutest girl in the pokemon universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by HookShot View Post
    Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

I pretty much missed it. I stayed up too late, and I was sleeping. I woke up and heard Kotone (Lyra) speak though. Her voice sounded fine, and fit her ...even though I was half asleep. It might have been horrible but I thought it sounded cool. :X atm at least.

I'll see it. I have to see it. It has Kotone, wtf.
    I saw the ending when the egg hatched, and Hikari got her hair all fro'ed-up. Cyndaquil. <33

This was a great episode. Nice to see some Johto reference. Is Lyra gonna start calling Dawn Dane from now on? I don't really find it amusing. Ash should have said how he has all 3 of those pokemon. He's making it look like he forgot he has those pokemon.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    I saw the dub and I think Kazunari's new name (Khourey) is great.

Liked the other things, more than that nothing special 7/10
    It's actually Khoury. That actually seems like a unique name for Kazunari. Usually the name would be spelled Cory or Corey but that was the first time I saw it as Khoury.

It was funny how Lyra called Dawn Dane a lot.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

An excellent episode this is. Good ol' Johto. Ahh memories... Now for the points of interest.

Lyra and Cory, nice duo. Lyra fits her character but I'm not sure about Corys though. His a bit rough around the edges. But soon enough he will improve once he gets more screen time.

The battle between Dawn, or should I say Dane?, was great. I knew Dawn would win, seeing that she had much more experience in battling and Lyra having only 2 badges. Also the mistake Lyra did when she called out 2 'LightScreen' attacks.

Great to see Chikorita, although I didn't like the voice it has. I miss that old sweet call of hers...

Also, I was expecting to see another hopping, peppy, Totodile; just like Ashs Totodile, but this one fits my style. Funny how he just snucked past TR with the Egg.

I find it weird that only James and Meowth blasted off without Jessie this time.

Hooray to see a Cydaquil. And this one will stay with the group; even better. Nice first impression too with Dawn, ha.

There's a lot of stuff going in this episode that just made it perfect. Parts of Johto region being mention, Johto gym leaders, everything from the past was just flowing back to me. Makes me more eager to have HG/SS now.

Overall, Excellent episode. I give it a perfect 10/10.

And this is just the beginning.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

Love the shout out to Yugioh 5Ds, not only once, but twice. First with Frank Frankson voicing one of the characters in his Yusei voice, and then again with Lyra saying "Kick it into Overdrive"

I pretty much liked this episode.
    At first, I thought that Lyra would be a childish Poke-girlie, but fortunately she turned out to be pretty mature and serious (Yeah, a win for the Pokemon-is-serious movement)
    That voice Khoury was given was kind of...meh, but well, I'll put up with that.
    Unfortunately, however, today's episode wasn't completely without logical mistakes: After using light screen you don't normally use it in the next round again, because it lasts for 5 rounds. (as one could plainly see in the 6on6 battle against Paul) Sorry Lyra, regardless of how likable you are, but come on: How silly was that? No surprise that you haven't got more than two badges. A good trainer wouldn't give away a whole round by ordering an unnecessary set-up move.

The chasing after Team Rocket scenes were pretty exciting and put into practice well

All in all, a good episode
    6.5 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Voices are win. Khoury's voice was cool Lyra's voice was cool. Khoury's dad's voice was cool though that was obviously going to happen because he had Tristian's voice. Other than that . . . nothing else really. A generic plot at it's core.

Lyra's voice was nice and enjoy hearing her make it to the dub. Nice to see 'Dane' get her baby Cyndaquil and her first 'pure' Johto Pokemon. That fact that Cyndaquil inflicted pain on 'Dane' just proves it is one of her Pokemon as they've all hurt or injured her at some point in the series. This is one of those episodes I think we could have done without Team Rocket. Still Lyra was great to see. Khoury too. Is it Khoury or Cory?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Is it Khoury or Cory?
    Cory... I would think this was obvious.

Does anyone recognize Lyra's VA? It's been bugging me since hearing her.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by BogleDominic Crazy Anime View Post
    How come this episode is out already on youtube and Pokemon HG/SS isn't even out yet? The jap episode was out so as the jap game.

Anyway, Lyra is a great name for the HG/SS girl. Merina (Cant spell) is out of the line for this anime :P

Cant wait for the next episode!
    it's Marina
    Farewell Dawn~sept.28 2006 to sept.9 2010

CC says its Khoury.

And I, for the life of me, cannot stop thinking of Boy Meets World.

Also, Kirbopher dubbing. Lovin' it.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I liked this episode, though I admitt that I laughed when Lyra said "We go to all the different regions to promote Johto". It looks like Anime does imitate real life. Anyway, I enjoyed seeing the Johto Pokedex and the Pokegear, since aside from the 3rd movie I don't think we've seen a Pokegear in the anime.

Lyra and Khory are interesting characters. A female trainer and a beginning breeder. Now Brock will finally have someone to talk about all that stuff no one really cares about with.

Oh and now Dawn has a Cyndaquil, which is good since her team was getting kind of boring.

Edit: Its kind of funny that Lyra can't get Dawn's name right.
    Last edited by Swampert_trainer; 7th February 2010 at 4:31 AM.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    Voices are win. Khoury's voice was cool Lyra's voice was cool. Khoury's dad's voice was cool though that was obviously going to happen because he had Tristian's voice. Other than that . . . nothing else really. A generic plot at it's core.
    Funny, I thought the guy Frank voiced, Khoury's dad, didn't fit the structure of a voice like that. Someone built like this does. In fact, any character that is tall and thin fits, but Khoury's dad doesn't seem. That is why I think it might have been a small shout out, if anything.

Funny how they don't even give Khoury's dad a proper name.

Seeing this Totodile just makes me want Ash's Totodile to appear even more.

Random : PokéRadar

this episode was alright i guess...just got tired of hearing that girl says Dawns name wrong...i mean it was funny at first but then she says Dane or Daine? anyways she says it like almost a whole minute....annoying!

Ok, I watched it again in English, and I don't mean to complain, but it wasn't what I had expected. Lyra's voice was fine, it suited her, but the fact that she kept calling Dawn by another name bugged me. Not sure if it happened in the Japanese version but it didn't make me laugh.

Corey (I am spelling it like this idc) had a older voice, and that didn't go too well with his small stature. The dad was voiced by Frank Frankson who voices Yusei from 5Ds, that was a surprise. The story went by so slowly for some reason, probably because the Team Rocket part was dragged out or added last minute. Overall, 6/10.

Overall I liked the episode. Lyra's voice was good, surprisingly it fit her personality more. Her character design would have been better with a skirt then the hotpant suspender combo... what were they trying to do make a younger Fey?

The one thing that will always aggravates me about the series is Ash not remembering his own journeys in the region. I guess its easier to build up hype to the younger generations about Johto then to hit them with a wammy bat going "Ash was in Johto too..we didnt know..."

Yes it was a huge promo for HG/SS..... However, it did have a life feel in a way that other countries do air 'come visit to...' commercials to drum up business. In a sense I kinda believe thats what the writing team was going with. "come visit Johto we got different pokemon too..."

Spoiler:- some of my sigs:

The true test of the Heart comes from within.

Trades:

Trading: Eevee, Johto, Sinnoh, Kanto starters...
    Feebass with Mirror Coat and Surf Combo (just ask for the nature you want)...

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    What do closed captions say? I'd like some confirmation for Character Discussions.
    It's Khoury.

Quote Originally Posted by pokedexfiller View Post
    But what was up with Lyra calling Dawn Dane?
    In the Japanese version she always called her Hikarin. THey had to come up with something.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    but the fact that she kept calling Dawn by another name bugged me. Not sure if it happened in the Japanese version but it didn't make me laugh.
    Yes, it happens int he Japanese version too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki Sendo View Post
    The one thing that will always aggravates me about the series is Ash not remembering his own journeys in the region.
    "Wow, Johto....Great Memories".
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

From the moment Chikorita and Totodile appeared, it was pretty obvious Cyndaquil would show-up at some point.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

A few people have been asking about Dane. Lyra calls Dawn that because Kotone called Hikari Hikarin.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast