Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gone with the Windworks (612)

Grotle was merely being what it always is - a defensive wall. Likewise, it proved the perfect subject for Cyndaquil to test its abilities against.

That said, I do echo the thoughts of this one being a snoozer. It wasn't a blatant promotion like the previous episode, but it felt like the only real purpose here was to show off a cute, temporary rivalry between Cyndaquil and Piplup, with the Valley Windworks thrown in as a game location to make it seem a little more significant. It also felt like there was nowhere near enough material to fill up 22 minutes, so we were stuck with go-nowhere scenes of the gang attempting to break out of the room. Admittedly, we got one of the best TR mechas in a while, but it only lasted a few seconds.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 23rd September 2009 at 2:00 AM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Heehee~ I thought this episode was pretty cute. :> Piplup/Cyndaquil rivalry was funny, Team Rocket with Afros was hilarious, their mecha was pretty with the glowing (oooooh!), and the old man was funny also. XD The BEST part, was Kotone. I LOVE HER. She's so awesome. =D

I'm still really glad that she made an appearance with Ash co. and that she's a trainer who collects badges, not ribbons. (Hey, maybe IF the group DOES go to Johto for BF, maybe they'll meet her there again! : D)

...yay! Pearlshipping reference! <3 *shot*

Quote Originally Posted by pokefan#493 View Post
    Heehee~ I thought this episode was pretty cute. :> Piplup/Cyndaquil rivalry was funny, Team Rocket with Afros was hilarious, their mecha was pretty with the glowing (oooooh!), and the old man was funny also. XD The BEST part, was Kotone. I LOVE HER. She's so awesome. =D

I'm still really glad that she made an appearance with Ash co. and that she's a trainer who collects badges, not ribbons. (Hey, maybe IF the group DOES go to Johto for BF, maybe they'll meet her there again! : D)

...yay! Pearlshipping reference! <3 *shot*
    Yea that would definitely happen IF they go to the johto bf.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Animation kind of sucked/was choppy.

It was nice to see a main Pokemon jealous of a new capture. Usually it's the other way around.

Otherwise, fairly boring.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Why was it called "Dungeon Capture"? I don't get it.

Anyway, it was pretty boring and the animation wasn't so good. I noticed that with all the Kotone episodes :S

3/10

I liked the scene where Kotone tried to get Dawn to say she likes Ash. XD

Since they returned to the Valley Windworks here, it would've been kinda nice to see at least a cameo from Nurse Joy's family from the previous Valley Windworks episode, but oh well.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I think it was a great episode, especially the battle with Syndaquil.
    i loved also to see Wobbuffet using a move again after so long time.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Fun little episode.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Seems like Lyra has her eye on Ash.

The episode seemed kind of interesting. Nice to see Cyndaquil in its first battle. Maybe Lyra likes Ash?

8/10
    The episode was interesting alright, but that does not make it my favorite. But, it did seem decent.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Only complaint I have is Magnemite's new voice. Are they trying to make it sound more robotic? They'd be better off just leaving it's voice unedited. I mean, Electabuzz, Elekid, Victreebel and other Pokemon's voices have been left unedited.

It was a cute episode. There was nothing of interest that happened outside of the scenes of Ash & co. trapped inside of the room though.

Looks like it'll take a while before Piplup and Cyndaquil start acting nice to each other. Looks like Lyra just shout out a Pearlshipping hint, which brings me sheer of joy. Too bad they may never be together because of the confirmation of the 5th gen, which means she will be kicked out of thee group, and worse my dream of her being in a Smash Bros. game will never come true.

I liked this episode. A fun little episode, like V Faction says.

8.5/10

If you agree, put this in your signature. Made by Neurotic Nuckelavee.

Enjoyed this episode.
    And also
    CYNDAQUIL OPENED ITS EYES!!!!!!!
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Enjoyed this episode.
    And also
    CYNDAQUIL OPENED ITS EYES!!!!!!!
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Lol Lyra is funny(not talking about calling Dawn Dane). She's already talking about getting married. Like really wtf?! It seems that Lyra is starting to have a crush on Ash. It's funny how she always gets mad at Khoury. He really does need to lighten up though. *sighs* Piplup does not like getting its attention taken away from.....
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Not much to say here. It's a decent episode whatnot. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    Looks like it'll take a while before Piplup and Cyndaquil start acting nice to each other. Looks like Lyra just shout out a Pearlshipping hint, which brings me sheer of joy. Too bad they may never be together because of the confirmation of the 5th gen, which means she will be kicked out of thee group, and worse my dream of her being in a Smash Bros. game will never come true.
    never say never and how are people uploading the video's with high quality on youtube under 4 hours after it airs? I'll watch it later today after the Olympics. I read from Bulbapedia they played a part of the HGSS Champion battle theme; is that correct? Is it me or does the security guard look a lot like Dr. Wily from Megaman? Well there is Nanba, but this guy has white hair and mustache.
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 2nd October 2010 at 12:27 AM.

This episode was ok. It was funny that Team Rocket got mad at the security guy napping through their motto. All in all, this was a bad filler in my opinion.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Piplup was a total b.

Dawn...way to be biased after sending Cyndaquil to its pokeball instead of that tiny blue piece of disposables.

Piplup is really starting to get on my nerves. I did laugh when he got electrocuted from behind the door.

A pretty decent episode which was good fun.

A few thoughts on today's episode:

- Why isn't that security guy just allowed to retire? I mean, judging from how old he looks, it sure is about time that he retires. He can't even stay awake for one minute.
    - Team Rocket's 70s hairstyle: Did people in those days really have such a bad taste that they liked that style.... oh dear. Well, I prefer the 50s anyways.
    - How long has it been since I last saw Ash behave like a real hero? This was and still is the primary reason why I got interested in Pokemon 12 years ago. Great to see that kind of Ash who I've been admiring from the get-go. (after Her Majesty Cynthia, of course)
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Gible
    "Oh look, Ash is using a wrench to open the door, let's all watch him and do nothing" says the rest of the group
    That's exactly what I thought, too :lol:
    - I had to laugh at the boys trying to find a way to escape from that locked up room while the girls were just standing around talking about stereotypical girlie issues. Was this scene meant to convey a hidden message?:lol:

Last but not least, I've got to mention something which has already caused a controversial discussion:
    The fact that Cyndaquil was too overpowered whereas Grotle was surprisingly weak (at least today):-/
    You know, some guys have already complained about those who complained about said scene, but the latter were totally right!
    It bothered me as well that a newly hatched Pokemon is supposed to do so extremely well in his very first(!) battle when in almost all the previous cases where a Pokemon had hatched from an egg, that Pokemon was shown as pretty frightened and helpless!
    That wasn't the Grotle which almost defeated Palmer's Rhyperior a few week ago. It was a shame that the writers used that awesome Pokemon for their completely illogical experiments just to feature a newly hatched Cyndaquil. And IF it were meant to be a training battle, then Ash and Grotle wouldn't have attacked with full power. If you take a close look at the attacks, you'll clearly see that they weren't reduced in power and that Ash did take the battle seriously This just bugs me!

Apart from Cyndaquil being a teensy bit overpowered, this was an interesting and good episode which deserves

7 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

This episode was quite hilarious I admit, and Piplup was such the attention hogger. Because of Cyndaquil being Dawn's new admired Pokemon. :P Besides, Cynda's moves are pretty cool to start with. I can't wait to see more.

In the windworks, I couldn't believe Piplup tripped Cyndaquil, yeah total maturity. Someone's just jealous.

When they were stuck in the basement room, I loved the few things that happened. One being, during the part Ash was getting the Air Vent removed to get out of the room, Lyra and Dawn were just watching and she was talking about getting married if they're gonna be stuck in here forever (much to Cory's exaggerating by saying they're all gonna be stuck in here for the rest of their lives.) and said how she would pick Ash. Then asking Dane (Dawn :P) if she liked ash. Oh silly Lyra. x3

Then there was the Cookie dividing part, 5 of them and 7 cookies. Lyra then saying Ladies first, and she and Dane get 2 Cookies and the other 3 only get one. :P Man, so much I love about Lyra now. xD And also Ash for saying "How do we divide it into 1/4?"

And then there was the part Ash and the others trying to get the door open. Starting with Grotle, and using Energy Ball. I couldnt stop laughing from how it kept flying around the room like a pinball. x3 And then Lyra goes us and uses her Giraffarig with Double Hit. Nice to see she has another Pokemon.

Then coming to an end, I thought it was awesome seeing Team Rocket with their crazy hair. Especially Meowth's I couldnt believe it, I was like omg. x3 Then there was their crazy Marcargo Machine, I thought it looked pretty cool until it ran out of electricity. :P

Overall, such a great episode between Piplup/Cyndaquil fighting, Electricity, Thinking about Marriage, Cookies, and such a great dub title. I surely can't wait for next weeks.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Haha once again Lyra is just so fun. Her Pokemon didn't shine though, Chikorita getting defeated in the last episode and Girafarig was worthless lol.

She is talking to Dawn Dane about marriage, she is one of the few characters in the show that have shown interest in love! I think it was fun.

Dawn's Cyndaquil is strong for a newborn, but it's ok to set it apart from Ash's that was weak when he first got it.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -Yada yada Cyndaquil
    -Why the hell is Dawn battling with Cyndaquil already?
    -Haha, Piplup's been upstaged by the newcomer.
    -Goddamn Kotone, put Marril back in its Pokeball before it wanders out of sight again.
    -The magnemite are angry for some reason!
    -Apparently they'd guard Pokemon. Okay then.
    -I support and endorse TR rocking afros for the next few episodes.
    -AshnCo are trapped! Oh no! And the security guard is asleep again! Double oh no!
    -Aha! An air vent! Now all the boys can try to get it open while the girls stand back and talk!
    -Oh jesus, Kotone is one of those girls. OOH DAWN DO YOU LIKE ASH? DO YA DO YA DO YA? HE'S SOOOOO COOOOOL!
    -The vent is too small for people...but Pikachu can fit through!
    -Kotone, stop putting down Afro Nerd for not being a shonen stereotype.
    -Kotone, stop being a bitch about everything. You don't need double the cookies the guys get, and "ladies first" is so 1870.
    -Pikachu makes everything okay by electricuting very expensive monitoring equipment while it was fighting TR to get Cyndaquil back. And the guard is still sleepy. It's funny because his incompetence puts people in danger!
    -MECHA MAGCARGO. I think it's safe to safe this is the best TR mecha ever.
    -Except for the part where it loses all its energy after one attack.

I'll be glad when JOHTO JOHTO JOHTO is over so the writers stop having an excuse to phone in the scripts. Both episodes this week were just boring(I seriously skipped over 80% of today's episode because nothing was happening), aside from the parts where Kotone spiced things up by grating on my nerves and being a bitch to the guys. And we have to deal with her for how many more episodes? Two or three or something? Ugh.
    Lyra asking Dawn is Ash was her boyfriend was so random. They were locked in that room for like 10 minutes and she's already talking about how they're going to have to get married. Lyra certainly is a strange character. Her hero worship of Ash was a bit much too.

Piplup and Cyndaquil's "rivalry" seems really forced. I hope this isn't a long lasting thing.

Edit: Ash and co. trapped inside that storage room produced some funny momemts.

-Everyone watching as Ash tried to use that crowbar to open the door all by himself.
    -Dawn and Lyra just standing back and talking about girl stuff as Ash and the other guys tried to actually escape.
    -Lyra insisting that ladies go first so that her and Dawn could get two cookies each.
    -Lyra talking about how "totally awesome" she thought Ash was as he removed a metal grate from in front of an air vent and used a crowbar to try and open a door.

Lyra is just a bucket full of comedy.
    Last edited by Swampert_trainer; 14th February 2010 at 3:52 AM.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast