View Poll Results: What is your favorite anime character from DPP?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ash

10 43.48%
  • Brock

3 13.04%
  • Dawn

10 43.48%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Character Thread

James. He is funny and also has Mime Jr. which suits him perfectly.

And...also...Paul. Seeing that he is alot better than ash
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

my favorite character would have to be Anabel, because shes really cute, has an awesome personality, and shes telepathic, which is a power i wish i had...

My faviorite character is Misty. I've loved her since I started watching the anime ten years ago. I don't want to bring shipping into this, but the fact that she's so devoted to Ash even though he doesn't return her feelings (at least not outwardly) has always struck a chord with me for some reason; I guess I really feel for her because of the unrequited love thing. Also, it's hard not to feel for someone who's always been called the "runt" of the family by her three (gorgeous) older sisters. I mean, Dawn is like a princess pampered by her mother (they're obviously very rich) and May has the picture perfect family of two loving parents and a kid brother, but Misty's more realistic and more easy to empathize with in terms of her family situation.

I also like fact that she's hot-tempered on the outside but is really a thoughtful and loving girl on the inside. I know a lot of people didn't like how Misty changed after getting Togepi because it made her "boring," but I think it was nice character development in some ways. She became less insecure (because, let's fact it, her nastiness was just a way to try to cover up her insecurities) and more of her true personality began to shine through, but she still likes to tease others (mainly Ash) and is still a bit of a hot-head. Personally, I think the new Misty is an interesting blend of the old Misty and a more confident, more loving Misty. Maybe I read too much into this stuff, though. :P

I've always liked the fact that Misty isn't a girly-girl or a Mary Sue. (Note: I am not trying to say that the other two girls are Mary Sues.) I like how she's so different from May and Dawn and how she's not a coordinator like them. I know a lot of Misty fans will disagree with me on this one, but I think making Misty a coordinator would be a real slap in the face to her character.

Other favorite characters include: Ash, Brock, Tracey, Delia, James, and Barry.
    Milotic on fanfiction.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Milotic17 View Post
    I also like fact that she's hot-tempered on the outside but is really a thoughtful and loving girl on the inside. I know a lot of people didn't like how Misty changed after getting Togepi because it made her "boring," but I think it was nice character development in some ways. She became less insecure (because, let's fact it, her nastiness was just a way to try to cover up her insecurities) and more of her true personality began to shine through, but she still likes to tease others (mainly Ash) and is still a bit of a hot-head. Personally, I think the new Misty is an interesting blend of the old Misty and a more confident, more loving Misty. Maybe I read too much into this stuff, though. :P
    Couldnt have said it better myself.Change through Misty went only made her better character and more interesting.True after getting Togepi she calmed down a bit(but it certainly didnt made her less interesting)but this wasnt her only personality trait which makes her such a great character,not at all.Thanks to this her other traits which were overshadowed by temper came on surface like sarcasm,kindness,deep love for water types,determination etc.

Problem in Johto was coming due to said character not receiving enough screentime sometimes not having opportunity to interact,but whenever she got starring role in episodes her qualities and interaction came to expression.Personality was fine but there should have been more spotlight centered around her.If writers were good as they are now,there would be no problems with that region.

As we saw later on during chronicles and cameos she has developed into more responsible person being filled with selfconfidence not being insequre in herself so much like she used to be.As its been showed her main traits are being kept being sarcastic,witty,spunky,having bugphobia etc with some new ones being added.She is hotheaded and stubborn aswell,and when provoked enough as Hoenn cameo showed is capable of exploding sometimes too.She is still redhead we know and like,it just happens she is more grown up and mature as person at this point and time(just like its case with people in real life).I find her development being nice thing,giving her more depth making her overall more realistic and enjoyable to watch.

And thrust me your not the only one,majority of her fanbase likes way she has developed with many people finding this being positive and step forward for her.

Her optimistic nature,violent tendencies,spunk,caring and funny components among with other things are what is making this character being great.She is both girly and tough which makes nice mixture.

I know a lot of Misty fans will disagree with me on this one, but I think making Misty a coordinator would be a real slap in the face to her character.
    Agreed.One of unique things about her is fact how she is water trainer wanting to become best with specific type,being more of a batler.

I wouldnt mind if she decides to enter one or two of them to see how its like just like Ash or Brock did,but more than that not really.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 26th November 2009 at 10:11 AM.

May/Haruka: May is one of the best Female Character's the series ever made. She started out with baby Pokemon but look at her now. Blaziken, Venusaur, Wartortle, Glaceon ect. May is A great person and friend and is on her way to becoming A Grand Festival champion.

Dawn/Hikari: Even though Dawn get's major hate on this forum, I have grown to really like her. She and her team are both young and have little exprience but she's learning. Dawn's focus is very different from May's. May's story was about her cetching up to Drew and Harley. Dawn's story seem's more focused on improving herself and her team rather then trying to beat her rival's. She won't win the Sinnoh Grand Festival but someday she'll reach that Status. I think Dawn will rival May in term's of Character development when her story's over.

Barry/Jun: Best...rival...ever. Barry, despite his dorky dubbed name is just pure awesome, whether it's the Game, Anime, or Manga. He alway's make's me laugh. He also has A cool father in Palmer.

Paul/Shinji, Brock/Takeshi, Conway, Ursula, Jessie and James all get Honorable mention's for being cool character's as well.

1.Misty: Definitely my favorite character. I just feel like she's not anything like May or Dawn, although I liked May too. For one i liked the mono-type water training and the fact that she actually wanted to battle Ash all the time. Sadly she didn't get to stay longer but I guess Dawn's ok.
    2.Gary: My favorite rival for Ash, and yes I biased to the originals. To me he's a less crazy version of Paul, although I'm growing to like him too. I'd love Gary to come back and dominate Paul but again thats not going to happen.
    3.May: In the beginning I hated her, and Max don't get me started on him. I eventually warmed up to both of them, especially May. She ended up being a good coordinator and I got to say I loved her team.
    4.Ash: Well he's the original hero. Gotta love him. He pisses me off to no end with his lack of brain cells but he does have some of my favorite pokemon and I overall like his desire to win everytime.
    5.Brock: Again an original, and I think he has been screwed up completely. He could be awesome. But still I like that he has a working brain and always seems to know whats up.
    Volt Tackle's #1 fan
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/s2fn76.jpg[/IMG]
    Diamond fc:4468 1368 0835 ign: psfrag
    Heart Gold fc:4555 2145 5815 ign: psfrag

Fan Fiction

Well

Main cast. May: I adored her while she was in the cast, she was so clumsy and didn't knew a lot of pokemon, and she went on progressing with each step, since she liked contests she knew it was her thing and i think she is really good at them. I love her pokemon too.

Other mentions: Dehlia Ketchum, Cassidy & Butch, Kotone, Gary and Misty.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

i love strong trainers so no doubt
    My no .1 favourite would be the Sinnoh champion Cynthia
    No.2 Giovanni the Varidian gym leader and the rocket boss
    No.3 Hunter J,everyone agreed she's cool
    No.4 the Pyramid Brandon
    No.5 the salon maiden Anable

No.4 the Pyramid Brandon

No.4 the Pyramid Brandon

Right now, Dawn.
    She's a great character, she's like Ash in a lot of ways when he was travelling through Kanto, she is a more realistic coordinator, she doesn't win right away and after that she still loses, but eventually she wins some and she loses some making great character development for her, I also like the fact that she has her own Pikachu, which is Piplup. And I love it that she now got a Cyndaquil.

I also like
    Ash, Brock, Misty, Oak, Gary, Paul, Barry, Cynthia, but Dawn is my favourite right now.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Personally, I like two characters, Ash and Riley.
    Riley:Well he looks awesome as well as his Lucario.

Ash:His Pokemon and their moves are awesome.

I LOVE MAY. The reason? Well, She is Beautiful, cute, sweet, an awsome coordinator, etc... you can tell i love her from my username though can't you? ^_^
    When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly. But now Haruko is here. That's how I know there really is a world outside. -Naota

For me....
    1. Ash - Ash is the HERO!!! His character may be a bit dull now, but still even so he can still pull off amazing victories and still does childish things once and while.
    2. Paul - He's the best rival for Ash, with them being polar opposites (I thought he was way better than Gary)
    3. Barry - He's so hyper and hasty! He makes me laugh whenever I see him (especially when he sang Pokemon Ondo)

Other characters: Misty, Tracey, May, Max (yeah I know, name the main cast why don' cha?) Cynthia, Riley, Palmer, TR, Jimmy, Vincent/Jackson, Drew
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

My favorite charatars are only Hikari/Dawn becuase shes cool,smart,pretty,and shes nice.
    I also like Shinji/Paul:hes kinda hot ^_^ lolz,cold hearted,kickass pokemon,and sometimes has a face with dawn ^_^.

Ash definitely, but they all have their place :P
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

Misty, Kanto and Orange Islands only.

I loved her back then, she was fiery, hot tempered, but still showcased her obvious crush on Ash. What I liked most about her is that she was confident, not only with herself but with her Pokemon abilities, sure sometimes Psyduck would pop out of its ball uncessarily, but when she battled she proved she was a capable trainer (Her gym battle with Ash, her battle with Marina, her battle with James etc). I think after Togepi hatched she became a little more reserved, but by the time she hit Johto, she became basically like a mother. Such a switch from her old persona, IMO Brock should have gotten Togepi, while Misty could have kept her old personality. Johto Misty was one of my least favorites.

Other than that, I LOVE Jesse, Gary was great (until getting his personality changed, like Misty) I also enjoy Brock sometimes too.
    Last edited by Charmbracelet; 26th December 2009 at 5:27 AM.

Jessie, James and Meowth.

It's always really fun to see them and they usually make me laugh. I think some episodes would be pretty boring if they wouldn't be there.

I always loved pokemon :3 I started watching when I was maybe 5-6? But stopped with the introduction of DP generation, I'm old now, can't keep up with so many new pokemon :P

I have always loved May and Drew, not just because I'm a passionate contestshipper, but I love their personalities and how they complement each other and make one <3

But I like Drew for his cocky personality, and arrogance etc but how he is really a kind person inside and actually cares for his friends.

Regarding May, she is a sweet person and I liked her better than Misty, and just can't warm up to Dawn because she seems like a ripped copy of May-not to sound mean, it's just that I almost like May by default xD
    ♥♥♥CONTESTSHIPPING ♥♥♥

misty, may, ash... a few others too i guess.

Hi everyone. I'm looking for the original picture that was used to make the picture you see below. If anyone has it or know where I can get it or know where I can get Haruka and Hikari's themes textless please pm me I'd really appreciate it.

Wink

SHINJI! He's smexy and he's awesome, what's not to love? <3
    Shigeru's not half bad either, but he's nowhere near as awesome as Shinji <3
    (Yeah, I love the characters that Satoshi gets owned by)
    <--- Say hi to Bob!

♪ And now I let my dreams consume me,
    And tell me what to think.
    But hold on,
    Hold on.
    What am I dreaming? ♫
    ~ Paramore - O Star

Misty used to be my favorite but now I think it's May. We seem to have a lot in common.
    1/3 of all people chose Oshawott. 1/3 chose Snivy and 1/3 chose Tepig.
    That's how it should be.

Morty.
    All the way.
    Even if he was only in...three episodes.

People appearing a lot? Gary.
    There you go.

Paul. Yes, he can be very dull but I love how much his personality and training style are the opposite of Ash's. I also love how the show slowly reveals more about his past as the episodes go by that explain why he is the way he is. This makes the show way more interesting. Btw can anyone tell me how to get a profile pic?

Ash because he's what makes pokemon and he's pokemon are the best

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast