View Poll Results: What is your favorite anime character from DPP?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ash

10 43.48%
  • Brock

3 13.04%
  • Dawn

10 43.48%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Character Thread

There are so many picks I have. But my favorite number ones is:

Ash- He's super hott and my first shonen crush way before yugi or Tai.

Paul- Because he had earned the title for the name rival. He has brought originality to the show and I hope we would ever see him again. Eh. We can only dream.

My ideal battle ever!

***** The following post describes feelings of a person who has *not* watched anything after the "Battle Frontier" saga of the Hoenn region episodes, & only knows about episodes such as the recent "Meowth pretends to join Ash & friends in yet another Pikachu-stealing scheme" sub-plot of Unova's episodes. *****

Quote Originally Posted by rocketnyasu
    Team Rocket (Jessie, James, and Meowth) - Meowth is a no brainer, but I have always loved Meowth in both English and Japanese. Something about his cat-like voice in the Japanese version is just so appealing. I know that Team Rocket can just seem like one note running gags for most of the series, but episodes like Meowth Rules and Go West Young Meowth really show how much the three of them care for each other. Team Rocket are the reason I stayed with the anime, honestly. They were always my favorites, and in times in which I didn't care much for the heroes, these three prompted me to tune in.

Meowth: What this person said about him, exactly!

Only difference, is that when I first began watching the show, I was in my tweens, so I was still under that whole, "bad guys are bad, end of story" ridiculous-ness, yet Meowth somehow weasled his way off of under that pre-determined view of the show's daily villans, & immediately became my favorite. I give two reasons for how this happened: 1) his personality & similar things about him (how he thinks, etc) possibly reminded me of my first personal number one show/character: Top Cat (look him up on youtube people, the guy's freakin' hilarious). 2) he's a cat, & that time was during my earliest days as a die-hard cat lover.

Anyhoo, I just love this little cat to pieces, but I'm very half n half in my way of loving the TRio & his position with them. I adore his friendship with James, & even if I didn't realize/recognize this part of my feelings back in the day, its likely been a favorite friendship of mine since day 1. Jessie on the otherhand.................. well, how would *you* feel, watching your favorite get beat up almost on a daily basis by this chick? Let's just put it this way: it clearly states that character bashing's not allowed, so I'll keep my yap shut on this matter.

So, being your average "I wish I could be a trainer in the anime" style of fan, I've always wanted to somehow become Meowth's trainer. Yes, I know of his reaction to Iris nearly managing similar with him in the recent sub-plot, but look how much time's past since the Kanto or Johto days... his feelings toward the idea could've changed drastically over that much time, especially given certain episodes, such as "The Problem with Paras", where it sounded like he actually wanted the herbs girl, Cassandra... to be her pet/companion. This is very close to my idea, sans the one-sided crush he had on her. But you see my point.

So my "way" of watching him in the show... its always been, "now how would this episode be, if I were his trainer & us still friends with J&J?" Yeah, I'm not the first, & I won't be the last. Don't laugh. =P (on the trainer part though, that'd mainly be to "have him as mine personally, no one having the option of taking him from me without it being illegal on Pokemon-terms", lol. If he'd battle, it'd purely be *his* choice, not mine)

Other favorites:

-James: Intially my reason was his friendship with Meowth. But now I love his entire character, & "Holy Matrimony" was especially helpful in beginning to truly make James a top 5 favorite. His kindness towards his pokemon & Meowth, are two of my particular fave things about him, & I love the accent Eric Stuart gives him, it makes him sound cool.

-Ash, Misty, & Brock: You wouldn't (or at least not originally, they are how it got started after all) even have the show without these three. Kanto's Ash got on my nerves once in a great while, but overall, I just could not see the show without them for the longest time. I definitely cried on the ep where they left each other, & cheered when Brock first came back. His flirting is often annoying to me, but the show wouldn't be the same without it. He is otherwise my favorite trainer aside from James & Misty. Speaking of her, being a tomboy myself, instantly made her my favorite trainer intially. Especially her sweet side, I just love it, & wish we'd have seen it more often. Ash is probably one of my favorite heros, being so kind & caring of his, & other Pokemon. (him almost immediately trusting Meowth in the mentioned sub-plot is one of my favorite points ever!)

-May, Max, Dawn, & Barry: I've yet to watch the latter two (probably never will either, unless we got the old VAs to re-dub everything, which is all but impossible, I know), but if they are anything like their game counterparts (I know they aren't best friends, but otherwise) I wouldn't get enough of them. As for May & Max... Like I said, I *do* love Misty like crazy in my top 5 list, but it was sooo refreshing to have Pokemon's very first *nice* main female character! May's character development is my favorite part, she goes from disliking Pokemon a great deal, to eventually becoming a top coordainator, & seeing her make those changes, is so many levels of awesome, that I can't describe it! Max, his fanboy-ism kinda spoke to my own.... I wouldn't be much better if I could meet all these guys for realz, & I always tend to favorite the nerdy, know-it-all characters. I can't help it. ^-^

barry and infernape (technically a character and yes i know there is another thread for that)
    i really like barry because he is a rather impatient and eccentric person like me.
    infernape because i feel for the poor guy disowned by his trainer because he was deemed too weak.
    Pokemon White rotational teams pokes in trainingWhite Fc: 4556 7172 3697 BP: 15

credit goes to luxraymaster for the awesome team pose

Your signature contained too many images and was too tall. Please read the signature rules before you update it again.

Trip is one of my favorites. Despite the hate for him, I think people should try harder on the show for him. Yes, he is a jerk but Paul was a bigger one and Ash, Barry and some others tried hard to make him see their side. This is what Trip needs. He needs someone to say "Hey you wanna have a battle and take some pictures afterwards?" That's not too hard to do. He's not that mean to everybody. And I also think it's because of the characters on this show as well. Iris is too stucky, Ash doesn't seem to care in this series, Cilan is in his own world alot of times, Burgundy has anger issues, Georgia has cocky issues, Bianca had bimbo issues and Stephan has steriod issues. Luke, well, he could try bonding with him more. Makes sense due to the fact that they both have some sort of camera.

My ideal battle ever!

Spoiler:- Really long list...^^;:
    Last edited by tomboyTrainer305; 8th April 2012 at 7:50 PM.

Paul: He's super strong, original, and motivated. Loved the whole first appearence when he was releasing starlys trying to get the best one, If Ash thought a little more tactical than that maybe he'd actually win a damn pokemon league.

I have quite a few so my fav rivals:

Harley
    I just love the way he hates people for such stupid reasons and his ...... girly? personality. I love how evil he is and how he's always tricking May. An I totally loled watching him manipulate wobaffet like a puppet in the saffron contest. Just an entertaining rival

Drew
    I suppose if I like May I have to like Drew. I think it's sweet the way he keeps giving May roses and I just love the scenes with him and May.

Paul
    An aweome rival. I hate him but I love him at the same time. I just love his cold, serious and slightly ironic attitude and he always causes some sort of funny scenes. But I hate the way he treats pokemon. I love the way he annoys people and I like it how he develops a bit and becomes a bit nicer later on.

But my top fav characters:
    1. DAWN!
    I love Dawn and I really don't think she deserved her haters. If she was the 'original' she would have tons of fans.
    So why do I like her?
    I like most of her pokemon (especially Piplup and Pachirisu) and I just love her 'no need to worry' happy personality. I like the way she treats her pokemon and even though she knows she's not perfect she always wants to do the best thing for a pokemon and I loved her contests. Her contest story-line was quite realistic (though I didn't understand why she lost Hearthome, her appeal was quite good) and she reacted in the way a 10 year girl would react. I love her bond with Piplup and it reminde me a bit of Ash and Pikachu's bond. She has faults but a character needs faults.

2. It changes, sometimes Ash sometimes May. Today I'd say they're equal.
    So May
    At the beggining of the series I hated the annoying complaining girl who hated pokemon but I continue watching and soon she turned into a kind and friendly girl who loved pokemon. I especially loved her personality in DP and (please don't kill me) I loved her new voice more than her old one. Her personality was very even, not pointing in the 'loud' direction or 'quiet' direction. So later on, she was a nice character. I loved her Skitty and Eevee, as well as Torchic and Beautifly.

And Ash
    I love how kind and friendly he is and how he always tries to help whenever he can and how determined he can be. I love the way he treats his pokemon, he is so nice to them and I love it how he always cheers Dawn (or any of his friends) up when she's sad. I love the scenes with him and Pikachu and I think their friendship is really sweet. I liked the way he changes from (once again, don't kill) an annoying Kanto brat (sometimes) to a kind a caring trainer. He treated his pokemon well and I thought his team was awesome. Especially Pikachu and Turtwig.

4. Brock
    His flirting is funny and he always wants to help.

I might have others but I can't remember.

"If someone tells me it's wrong to hope, I will tell them they're wrong every time. I could tell them that countless times" -Madoka Kaname

I actually like Luke despite everyone else's dislike for him. I think that his design is too kiddish though and his goal of filming is not the best idea. There is already a few character already seen with cameras. But he's strong and I like his Zorua.

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

Dawn(My favourite), Misty, Iris, Cilan and Brock.

From what i've seen resently, I like Dawn. She inspire's me.

Also, Barry, Bianca, and, Team Rocket are all pretty funny xD;
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

My favorites are Cilan and Dawn and they just so happen to be battling in the anime soon. Yepp. I love it. :3 I also like Jesse, James, Bianca, and Georgia.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Although, it seem's they may be screwing up with her a bit in newer eps (maybe they just like her a bit TOO much now...O-o; ), i've grown to rather like Iris quite a bit.

She's funny and interesting. XD And, I like her voice/desion, too.

Plus, her becoming a champion is just badass, imo espesally cuz aww, soo cuuteee...~.<3

She's almost like a Naruto...sort of.

"What a kid~"

Great character~^^

I like Bianca, too. Bianca is cute and funny. And like always happy too XD

And, Cilan...lol XD Cilan's soo random and he's really styalish, too!

Honistly I like a lot of the characters in Best Wishes really.

Trip. He's my favorite male character. Although people think negatively about him but he's actually kind-hearted guy. He helped Ash about Oshawot's uncontrolled Aqua Jet move. He is very smart, intelligent, youthful, sophisticated, and cold outside hot inside.

Iris. She's my most favorite female character in Pokemon because she's cute. A Champion in the games and a candidate of Dragon Master in the anime. I think she's really epic female Pokemon character.

Yellow (Pokemon Special manga). A cute healer. Yes, she's cute.

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom

I personally love every character besides Piplup and Drew but I guess I'll just say Ash and Pikachu. Those two have a beautiful bond and no one can come between them. Many characters come and go for a while but Ash and Pikachu are here to stay! <3 If it wasn't for Ash and Pikachu, I wouldn't have watched or loved Pokemon as much as I still love it now. Sure he can be a complete dumbash sometimes but it's actually funny and he can be mature too. Ash and Pikachu make Pokemon different from other animes like Digimon, Yugi Oh, ect since the main original character stay on the show with his best friend Pikachu. I love these two so much! One of the best characters in the show! <3
    Last edited by satoharupika; 4th August 2012 at 1:18 AM.

Iris....fearless and fairly amusing, lol~

And Gary was also really cool...I miss him a bit.
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

Without a doubt, Cilan. He's the sole reason why I still enojy the anime. The best character that Pokemon ever invented, that's what I think :P

Of course, I still love Meowth from Team Rocket. I just prefer the old Meowth over this new one. Then, there are other characters I like such as Ash, Misty, Dawn, Jessie, James, Bianca, Elesa, etc. However, Cilan is my ultimate fave of all now.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

^Old Meowth = FTW.

Lyra of all time - everyone knows that, right? XD Then there's Whitney, Elesa, Skyla, Bianca, Cynthia, Misty, Jasmine, Clair, Cheryl, Mei..... Gods, mostly girls xD;
    Brock and James are my guys :L nya~

Misty, before she lost her personality and was written off of the show.

Team Rocket, because they're hilarious. I love their Pokemon too. Or their original ones, anyway. I was so mad when they got rid of Victreebel. Even madder when they got rid of Arbok and Weezing...

Misty, she was, and always will be, my favorite traveling companion.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

4Kids Dub Favorite Chars:

Ash (OS and AG)
    Brock (OS and AG)
    Misty
    Tracey
    May
    Max
    Oak
    Delia
    TRio-- Especially Meowth and James in particular (OS and AG)

TPCi dub Favorite Chars:

Ash (BW Saga ONLY)
    Cilan
    Dawn
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 13th August 2012 at 2:15 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post
    Misty, she was, and always will be, my favorite traveling companion.
    Mine as well, granted I haven't seen too many episodes with Dawn or May but do either of them have any personality whatsoever? Misty was awesome until Johto and she lost her personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Mine as well, granted I haven't seen too many episodes with Dawn or May but do either of them have any personality whatsoever? Misty was awesome until Johto and she lost her personality.
    What on earth does that mean? Of course every main character has personality.

Just because she matured a little more does not mean she lost her personality, and besides there were still throwbacks in Johto that related to her Kanto days/OI

Misty had plenty of personality in Johto too. I remember she was still tomboyish and rebellious and sarcastic, being full of adventurous spirit liking to explore . This can be noticed in way she interacted with several characters like Sakura bonding with her when having same issues with sisters, Egan who hated water pokemon revealing why she likes them so much, Andreas from Seaking contest etc, etc as well becoming closer friend to Ash and Brock being very hard for her to leave them at end of Johto. She still had that passionate love for water types, romantic side falling for cure pokemon or couples(like when she trued to pair up Genaro and Ariene from Whirl Islands), had that adventure spirit trying out new things(like failed attempt at cooking in "Sick Daze", spinarak beauty treatment when they met Aya again etc), had sarcasm, temper etc. Only real change was that she wasn't violent as much like she used to be in early days, and im fine with that because it was sign of character development beginning to mature and becoming better friend with Ash(which is why they argued less, but they still had fights,like for Totodile for example and Misty never stopped teasing him).

And judging by hosos and AG cameos she managed to grew more confident and responsible while remaining hotheaded and playful having great dynamic with Tracey and Daisy there, as well with Ash and Maxy when meeting up with them which made her better character imo.

Misty had great personality in Johto, chronicles and Hoenn and i can say i enjoyed in humor and quirks she brought there, just like i enjoyed in her in Kanto and OI. Only thing i would change is giving her more screen time in Johto, because at times she was in background too much limiting what she as character could do and limiting to interact properly with other characters.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 13th August 2012 at 9:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    What on earth does that mean? Of course every main character has personality.
    Ok, thanks for not answering my question. A main character can definitely have no personality. Look at Crystal in Pokemon Adventures. But oh well, it's not like I really care if Misty's replacements have personality or not anyway.

I am not about to write a big rant on the anime but Misty did get less entertaining and more like a "neutral female" character as time went on. Compare how she was when the show started to Johto and its endless hours of terrible filler and there is a pretty big difference. Even as a child watching the anime I realized Misty got more boring as time went on, and if that offends someone by me saying that or whatever well I'm sorry? This is my favorite character I'm talking about, but I can't say I really care for what her "character development" ended up being.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast