View Poll Results: What is your favorite anime character from DPP?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ash

10 43.48%
  • Brock

3 13.04%
  • Dawn

10 43.48%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Character Thread

Hmm, I have a couple.

May: Hoenn was and is my favorite region. Ruby version was the first pokemon game I ever got. I feel like in the anime, May just spices it up with her personality! She is the best female character by far! I will never forget the Hoenn saga <3 I finished it and I'm rewatching it for the 3rd time, because I just LOVE May so much!

James: I always loved how James would always go on and on about bottle cap collection. His accent always cracks me up! And how he's probably the dumbest member of team rocket! I'm very sad that now in B+W Team rocket is all serious and stuff. It totally ruins them! But what I do like is that they actually have a chance to WIN!

Brock: I never understood why his eyes were always closed. But something I LOVED in the hoenn saga was when ever May and Ash and Max had to do something, they always asked Brock to stall. When Brock stalled he did his little Mexican Dance with Ludicolo <3

Iris: One of the new characters! Ghee, I love her sass towards Ash and how she always calls him a 'little kid'. Her hair makes me laugh, especially when Kibago (Axew) leaps into her hair :3

Dawn: At first she was my LEAST favorite character. But after I watched Diamond and Pearl, I love her! She isnt anything compared to May, but Dawn is funny and I love how in the beginning, she and Ash did nothing but bicker and fight.
    Ash Ketchum VS. Harry Potter
    GO PIKACHU! I CHOOSE YOU!
    Avadakadabra!

Default Lyra!

I really liked May, especially in combination with Drew, but my favourite has to be Lyra, although she only appeared in like 5 episodes.

I like her personality, her outfit and of course her Pokémon. (Chicorita lover here, hehe.) Wish she'd appear longer!
    LF Moon Ball Swablu, Moon Ball Skitty and Dream Ball Eevee (HA would be great)
    Can offer other Bank Balls or IV Pokémon in return - all German for those who Masuda breed.

Me on Bulbapedia

In no particular order :

1. Ash : The typical main character.. One who will never stray from the right path of righteousness.

2. Dawn : I'm quite a fan of coordinator, and she's one of the best.

3. May : She's hot, a coordinator as well and got a pretty nice team.

4. Lance : Champ, dragons, awesome.

5. Paul : Striving for power, and he got the power alright.

6. Erika : Elegant kimono girl? Do want.

7. Prof Oak : Who doesn't respect this old man?

8. Alder : Coolest champ there is.

9. Bianca : Sweet, clumsy, really clumsy, and very clumsy...

10. Elesa : Cool, shining beauty.. Hell yes.

11. Skyla : she's rivaled by none on the top my most favorite ladder.
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2lv1uh2.jpg[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Love Skyla:

My favorite is cilan because even though he's new I see great potential for his charcter development plus ,he's a twirly happy sparkely almost cannon gay guy

Top 10, in descending order:

# 10: Ash's Corphish/Satoshi's Heigani: My favourite of all his Pokemon.
    # 9: Barry/Jun: Made me laugh.
    # 8: Meowth/Nrarth: He's awesome.
    # 7: Jessie/Musashi and James/Kojirou: They never give up!
    # 6: Brock/Takeshi Brock always was a cool dude.
    #5: May/Haruka: My favourite female travelling companion.
    #4: Cilan/Dent: FAAAAAABULOUS
    #3: Paul/Shinji: Fantastic character.
    #2: Trip/Shuuti: TRIP AGHHHHH
    #1: Ash Ketchum/Satoshi: Simply cool, and underrated. Better than that Red guy.
    Last edited by GalladeX; 10th April 2011 at 6:58 PM.

In the original series - Ash, Brock and Team Rocket.

Cilan is a really cool character at the moment it's amazing how the writers are handling his development so well.

out of main human characters this is my order
    11)James - he's to whiney and stupid what guy leaves their riches to be part of team rocket
    10)Tracey- he just didnt have enough time to develop and even then he was still boring
    9)Dawn - she wouldn't be so low if she wasnt so annoying and didnt have that stupid pokemon called......
    8)Jessie - because she is an idependent person and was the only TRio memeber who ever made me actually chuckle
    7)Cilan - good edition to the new gen but just feels like a new brock
    6)Iris - theres just something about her thats new and fresh
    5)Max - he was so full of himself it was good and had good relations with all the other memebers of the group
    4)Misty - may be the best girl to others but not too me but she'll always be the original
    3)Ash - oh my gosh ash is at 3 only because he never learns he adapts does well in the leagues then goes to another region and starts to lose to rookies also he's to happy go lucky
    2)May - in my eyes the best girl she was funny and had the least annoying voice of any of the girls
    1) Brock - he may of got axed after dp but he was a driving force for ash previously and although he got stale he was the best male.
    Last edited by croagunk22; 17th April 2011 at 4:34 PM.

The TRio, but in order:

1. James: Without question, he is a three-dimensional character with a likable personality. Despite being a criminal, he is a kind, sensitive, gentle, and loyal person. He is also funny, artistic, and intelligent. Furthermore, his motivation for joining Team Rocket is unique in that he did it for the sake of escaping from a repressive life-style in which he was continually subjected to abuse. When one sees his parents and Jessibelle, it becomes clear why he would prefer a life-of-crime over staying with them.

2. Jessie: An entertaining character with an interesting and well developed personality. Due to the mistreatment and hardships she has had to go through in her life, she has a harsh, domineering attitude, a tendency to act selfish, and is quite narcissistic (I attribute her narcissism to her not properly being loved growing up. As a response, she learned to love herself, since no one else would love her). However, while she may appear to be a ***** on the exterior, she actually has a kinder, more sensitive side. She just suppresses it for the sake of keeping a tough front. I also like her spunk, independence, and determination. Like James, she is also humorous.

3. Meowth: You have got to love Meowth. He is a snide, sarcastic kitty who makes excellent wisecracks. Plus, his obsessive love for Giovanni is hilariously disturbing.
    WHAT IS THIS?!

May-she's such a good older sister. I'll elaborate some other time, but gotta run!
    Quote of the moment:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwindstudios View Post
    Theoretically, In order for garchomps and pidgeots to fly at the speed of sound, (Let's include sonic the hedgehog into this to...) they need to consume over 5 1/2 MILLION calories a day!
    Bow to the Dual-Weilding Key of Destiny
    Roxas:Claimed

Ash because he loves all his pokemon and would die for them (even though death isn't really in the anime) and he's simply the best trainer even if they don't portray him in that way. He's the main character and he's doing a perfect job doing it and I hope there will be numerous regions for him to explore after Unova!

GO ASH!

Pokemon DP: Hikari and Kengo... The favourite couple =P
    Pokemon BW: Iris is the best and my favourite character =)

Morrison: To me he is the only character similar to Ash and he sounds funny aswell. He is my favourite rival of Ash's after Gary of course.

Gary: I wish i could drive a car at his age im guessing he was under the driving age during the anime. His pokemon are really cool especially his umbreon and i liked how he was one step ahead of Ash most of the time. Finally that battle during the Jhoto region was great.

James/Jessie/Meowth: This guy is the best criminal character in my books, he always said the funniest things during the moto. His older voice was in my opinion the best voice of any pokemon character.

Meowth had a great voice during the older series and i liked how he got angry over any persian. Jessie now, i liked how bossy she was. Finally i liked how the trio stuck together and how they never lived in luxury, even though James had a rich family

Ash: Most of us love Ash and have grown up with him, he is just great nuff said.

James is my favourite character of all time! He also had the best background story of all the characters. I love the fact that his first pokemon was a growlithe because I love growlithes!

Brock is also pretty awesome. I really loved him as a kid and I was so sad when he decided to stay with Professor Ivy all those years ago. I was really happy when he returned though.

Ritchie was my favourite Pokemon trainer. I loved the episodes that he appeared in and I really like his character and pokemon team. Ritchie's pikachu, Sparky, was also super awesome! I even preferred Sparky to Ash's pikachu!
    Last edited by MrAndypong; 10th May 2011 at 11:22 PM.

Ah, okay, so here's few of mine:

Ash: I kinda love and hate him at the same time. Sometimes I just wish he would stop being so over friendly and that usual stuff and grow a pair of pokeballs, but then again, he's got his awesome moments. ^^

Misty: D'aww, my fav Poke-girl, just because I'm such a sucker for tomboy characters. I love her sometimes so fierce personality. : D

Paul: Okay, so my very fav character on Pokémon. Not all people have to be so overly nice. Paul got some attitude, I just love him<3

Iris: I was already giving up on hope that I would actually like the new girl, and then Iris came. Goddamn, she's awesome! Makes the whole serie worth of watcing again!

Trip: Haha, so I actually didn't like him at first (looked too much like a lame Paul -rip off), but after the newest episode I just find him so goddman adorable!<3 Deffo gonna be one of my fav characters!

Unova region is filled with all these awesome characters, I just can't get enough..

And others I like, Brock, Tracey, James and Max.
    Also, Mijumaru (the japanese voice acting and all<33), Squirtle and Bulbasaur and Kibago (again, japanese voice) are my fav Pokémons. : D

Quote Originally Posted by Zino View Post
    Iris: I was already giving up on hope that I would actually like the new girl, and then Iris came. Goddamn, she's awesome! Makes the whole serie worth of watcing again!
    Well she's pretty much a Misty expie, but on the other hand she might become Misty done right.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Well she's pretty much a Misty expie, but on the other hand she might become Misty done right.
    Aside from similarity like liking to tease Ash about battling skills Iris and Misty have completely different personalities,different past and interests and in reality different goals too.Sure by name Iris has similar goal of becoming one type mater but as it was showed thats something vastly diferent from what Misty strived to become.
    Im not sure what you find so similar about them because as characters they seem pretty different to me.

Anyway its pretty much a given that Iris will probably receive little more focus than Misty did with writers expanding more on her goal but that shouldnt be surprising considering how they improved over time becoming better at defining character goals.

James he's hilarius and in sinnoh he had an emotinol side when he gave some one his cacne i cried

May is my fav, i like contests... but now their gone ,O~O,

Favorite Characters (in no particular order)

Ash- I'm usually a person who usually doesn't like the main character. Ash though, is different. He's real. Sometimes rash, sometimes calm. Sometimes clever and sometimes ignorant. He's a lovable character and adorable too. He's one of the main reasons I still watch the anime. I'm nearly 100% positive that if he left, I would stop watching the show.

Paul- Best. Rival. EVER. He was truly a breath of fresh air. He was smart, a little cocky and one of the biggest jerks on the show. At first I disliked him, but then I realized he was pretty cool and that the show needed someone like.

Trip- At first I thought he was going to be Paul 2.0 but I like how they are making him helpful to Ash. That's a first for a main rival. I would love to see how this rivalry develops.

Dawn- So far she has gotten the best character development of the girls so far. She was treated as an equal to Ash which was nice for a change. Her interactions with Ash were very nice and it made a Pearlshipper out of me.

Barry- He was so hyper and funny, who couldn't love him? His fanboying of Paul (resident jerka**) made me laugh. He was the perfect balance to deal with Paul's seriousness.

Iris- She's a cool mix of different characteristics. On the one hand she's pretty knowledgeable, but yet she still needs to work on her trainer skills. I like how she calls Ash a "child" although he's doing better than her.

Cilan- He's just so Fabulous. He's a gentleman with a dark side (do NOT mess with his food or you will pay). He is a breath of fresh air (don't get me wrong I love Brock but Cilan is just too awesome)

Byron- What a large ham. Although he only appeared in about 2 episodes, that was enough to make me a long time fan of his.

Chuck- One of my favorite gym leader. Quite a character.

Lucian- I dunno why I like him, hes a quiet guy usually a trait I dont like from a character in a fictional work.

James- Probably the most realistic and sensible Team Rocket member. Jessie just pisses me off and Meowth is somewhat of a gimmick, doesnt always work. James does.

Juan- Really gives off that old and wise type of character trait.

Smile

I fav is Mainly Ash
    I am not really a character fan,I am mainly a pokemon Battle Fan ,I love it
    When I watch anime's I alway's take the main character side to matter how they are,It's what I am
    But I have to admit that pokemon isn't same without Misty beating Ash up & pulling Brock's Ear
    Now they brought Iris,I do admit she's one of the most excellent female character in pokemon
    I mean she can sense storm, Ghost,her pokemon & super athletic
    She was good enough to go up against a wild pokemon even when she was a child
    Not to mention she was a undefeated trainer only when she was a little girl
    A girl like that should super popular right now
    I guess the problem is her dark skin ,werid hairstyle, her outfit
    But The world change so I don't think there are still people who think ill of us (since Iris & we are at the same cataglory)
    And for her hair,we really don't know her original hairstyle so there is a chance that her original hair style might be killer
    As goes for her outfit, only a few girl actually gonna look good in it
    Who know may be Iris show up wear a normal morden outfit & end up surpressing all the girl
    I miss Brock,There no replacement for him,Clien is a huge disppointment compair to him
    I wonder what Misty's doing,who know's it may be she become a Singing star in Cerulien city like how 4th gym leader Elesa happen to be a super model in Raimon city
    Ash should be more like Ginga(Beyblade metal fushion) now,not like a Rocky
    pokemon misty,s original hairstyle.jpg
    Last edited by vodor; 28th May 2011 at 6:44 PM. Reason: misspelling some word & for some grammical mistake

My favorites are:

Ash because some of the pokemon he gets are actually pretty good, and he's developed into a mature trainer

Brock because geodude used to be my favorite pokemon haha plus brock is a classic, i hate the fact that he is gone

Misty because she is a classic and should have never left the show. She was my favorite out of all the female leads in the show

Paul because he was more of a rival to ash then Gary ever was, receiving move pokemon and getting move screentime than any of Ash's past rivals.

Team Rocket because they are just so funny and have become a symbol to the show... im pretty upset that the writers have changed them this series

Ash
    Paul
    Dawn
    Brock
    James
    Professor Juniper
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

Gary because he's beautiful.
    Pallet shippingPallet shippingPallet shippingPallet shippingPallet shipping

Misty because she's well, Misty!

And James because I like the color of his hair.

Yeah but unlike Misty Iris ls little bit more playful which make's her look different from Misty
    Plus,Misty is a little Tsundere,she is the only person who has the gut's hit anybody
    Like the way she used to beat up Ash & Brock whenever she got angry
    There been a lot of cast girl in pokemon but she's only one who has a temper like that Which make her such a Fun Character
    Tsundere Girl are the best, too bad beside Misty all the main tsundere character are happen to be boy's
    Honestly I think Iris is more Simular to Candice rather then Misty

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast