Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Cacturne For The Worse! (380)

Princess May Guest

Really, the ribbon looked red to me. And it looked like it had a cute little gold border too. I think that May's Bulbasaur is a girl because i also heard about its voice being feminine. I think in the American dub, they're gonna use Ash's Chikorita's voice for it. I totally hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess May
    Really, the ribbon looked red to me. And it looked like it had a cute little gold border too. I think that May's Bulbasaur is a girl because i also heard about its voice being feminine. I think in the American dub, they're gonna use Ash's Chikorita's voice for it. I totally hope so!
    Chikorita's voice? No way, the voice of a bulbasaur (male or female) should have a certain harshness to it... just like Ash's bulbasaur.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

During the Silver Conference Ash's Bulbasaur had a new voice which made it sound younger. I preferred the older voice. So since May's Bulbasaur is a young one and girlish it will probably have more of a high pitched voice than a normal one. I see all Bulbasaur's as Males cause thats how i like them but May's could be a girl. The cut heart patterns on its forehead could mean its a girl. Plus it uses Petal Dance, a girlish move. I cant wait till those eps come out in America. I wanna see Bulbasaur in the anime again. Does anyone think it will evolve into an Ivysaur?

Fan of #336 Seviper the Fang Snake Pokemon
    Seviper's sword-like tail slashes enemies and douses them with a horrible poison.
    Seviper shares a life-long, bitter rivalry with Zangoose.
    Evo Line: Seviper
    Fave moveset: Poison Tail, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower

Banner by me ~RT

Lady Dragonrider Guest

Why do all the May fans like Harry? I dislike May and even I don't like him.

I personally think May's Bulbasaur is a girl. Does anyone have a sound clip of it's Japanesse voice? I think we'll see Harry again.

I think the reason Harry is so popular amongst the May fans is due to the unwritten anime rule that long haired guys=cool

I changed my romanization of Haarii from "Harry" to "Harley" in the synopsis. "Harry" isn't correct at all, now that I look back at it.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Hales Guest

Oh no, that means he has nearly the same spelling as my real name *sobs on her pillow*

But if we move on from there and say he looks more like a Harley than Harry anyway... You know I've stared at a dozen of Harley pictures and I believe he's a guy... I've seen tons of guys with long hair!

Quote Originally Posted by RaikousThunder
    During the Silver Conference Ash's Bulbasaur had a new voice which made it sound younger. I preferred the older voice. So since May's Bulbasaur is a young one and girlish it will probably have more of a high pitched voice than a normal one. I see all Bulbasaur's as Males cause thats how i like them but May's could be a girl. The cut heart patterns on its forehead could mean its a girl. Plus it uses Petal Dance, a girlish move. I cant wait till those eps come out in America. I wanna see Bulbasaur in the anime again. Does anyone think it will evolve into an Ivysaur?
    Don't you know you can't disscuss evolutions that arn't announced? THAT MEANS NO IVYSAUR YOU PANCAKE!!
    Whats wrong with Petal Dance? I don't see Mays Bulbasaurs gender only that its young and lets think, people and animals act like this at that age, so do Bulbasaurs!

Tate+Liza Guest

I hope she can, since I loooove her when she's in contests!

Quote Originally Posted by animeking
    Don't you know you can't disscuss evolutions that arn't announced? THAT MEANS NO IVYSAUR YOU PANCAKE!!
    Whats wrong with Petal Dance? I don't see Mays Bulbasaurs gender only that its young and lets think, people and animals act like this at that age, so do Bulbasaurs!

Dont call me a pancake! I wasnt discussing it, it was a question. Its up to you people to discuss it. I dont get whats the big deal if i ask if May will have an Ivysaur. So what?

Fan of #336 Seviper the Fang Snake Pokemon
    Seviper's sword-like tail slashes enemies and douses them with a horrible poison.
    Seviper shares a life-long, bitter rivalry with Zangoose.
    Evo Line: Seviper
    Fave moveset: Poison Tail, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower

Banner by me ~RT

Alot of people seem to be mistakening gender with age. We can very well tell Haruka's Bulbasaur is young. It's voice is somewhat higher pitched and softer than Satoshi's Bulba because it's almost just a baby. o_O The heart spots on its head are just added cute factor effects. Nothing more.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

somehow, I think that the higher-pitched, softer voice and the heart markings are there because it is female...

with human characters, we can easily tell who's male and who's female right of the bat (most of the time) because we know which characteristics make that character male or female (though it may not be true all the time )

But it's a completely different story with Pokemon characters, some pokemon by their very design look very masculine or very femineine by our standards. Some people may even think it's very bizzare and maybe even complain about that (look at how many people complain about the Ralts or the Machop line, "OMG WHY IS MY KIRLIA MALE AND MY MACHAMP FEMALE!!1" X_X) Even pokemon that are supposed to have no gender get gender stereotyped, Staryu and Starmie for example.

the anime usually keep pokemon genders as ambiguous as possible unless they really want to make sure that the pokemon is one gender or another, usually by adding a bow or some other feminine feature to a pokemon or making a pokemon fall in love with another pokemon with said bow.

since hearts are supposed to be more feminine by human standards, it's very very likely that May's Bulbasaur is female...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Idk i like with characters with a little more depth than straight on evil

I didn't see this ep due to the fact I don't live in Japan,but I did see the pics for it/Does anyone have a recording of Hakura screaming at Masato?I gotta hear it

Quote Originally Posted by LSSJ Chris
    I didn't see this ep due to the fact I don't live in Japan,but I did see the pics for it/Does anyone have a recording of Hakura screaming at Masato?I gotta hear it
    It's not really that great. If I recall, it's just her screaming "MA-SA-TO!", which leads to Masato apologising to his 'Onechan' (O-naychan) which is followed by one of The Greatest Pokemon Chaaracter Laughs Ever by Harley-chan. ^_^

Anyway, I saw this episode yesterday. How? Well... I... well, let's just pretend that Dogasu invited me over to his place in Japan, and I watched it there. ^_^o I was really excited to see it, in all it's wonder on my compu- I mean, Dogasu's TV. n.n;

Moving on... HARLEY IS FRIKKEN AWESOME. Seriously. I totally love his character now that I have actually *seen* him in action. He's such a b*tch, but in a good way, if you know what I mean. And I love him for it. (Question: But if 'kamo' is a shortened version of the Japanese word for 'maybe', then was May saying that Harley's Cacturne, Noctus-chan, was 'kind of cute' was she said "kawaii kamo!"?)

Also, and I don't mean to ask so many questions, but what was Harley saying when he calls Noctus-chan out of his Pokeball? (It seemed to be the same throughout. I've noticed that some trainers do have a certain phrase for calling their Pokemon out... James says "Sabonea, o mimodare!" for Cacnea, I believe. Whatever that means.)

it sounded to me like " come on my....Nokutasu!" I don t understand the part after "my"...maybe I m wrong ^^"
    Haruka says "<pokemonname> stage on!" in contest battles, which is nice ^^
    does syuu have a phrase, too?

by the way...a very very nice episode ^^
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa
    it sounded to me like " come on my....Nokutasu!" I don t understand the part after "my"...maybe I m wrong ^^"
    Haruka says "<pokemonname> stage on!" in contest battles, which is nice ^^
    does syuu have a phrase, too?

by the way...a very very nice episode ^^
    Syuu? You mean Shuu/Drew, right? I'm not sure, to be honest. I've only seen Japanese clips of Shuu, but they are long gone now... I imagine he has some really cool and arrogant line though. (Like... "Dazzle them with your glorious beauty, Roselia!")

Yeah, I meant Shuu/drew. I think I saw this kind of writing his name on a japanese pokemon fansite ^^"
    I wish I could see a contest episode with him, cause I ve only seen him in 2 episodes in german. And he doesn t seem to be in the latest pokemon contests because he already got his 5 ribbons. I hope the last ribbon for haruka will ilcude a big fight ^^
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

I'm hopeing the Grand Festival will bring together most of the Rival Coordinator's that May has faced in the past. Obviously, Shuu will be there, but I'm crossing my fingers for an appearence from Robert () and Harley. And the Katana, the girl with the Grumpig. (That *is* her name, right. The last time she appeared, there was a very funny, and VERY dodgy scene involving her and May.)

Anyway, I'll sum up my feelings as I watched the episode...

-Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... I hope Harley will be as cool as I want him to be.
    -Hey, May's training Bulbasaur. Cute. n.n
    -Hey, it's him! *hugs*
    -Wow... he's got a really feminine voice...
    -Homemade cookies! *glomps*
    -Ah, the infamous 'oishii kamo' line.
    -Wow, he's totally p*ssed off. o.o;
    -Hmmmmmmmmmm... *watchs the various Contest scenes*
    -HA! Ash has hardly had any screentime.
    -Noctasu-chan is so awesome.
    -May vs. Harley. HELL YEAH!
    -Man, he is a snide b*tch. But in a good way. ^_^
    -*sobs as he loses*
    -Woah, sinister.
    -That's it. He has GOT to appear again. *is dragged away by Flannery*

Also, a question... the music that played when Harley first called Noctasu-chan out of his Pokeball... is it new? Because I've never heard it before. It was really evil sounding.
    Last edited by Alfonso; 25th November 2004 at 5:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Also, a question... the music that played when Harley first called Noctasu-chan out of his Pokeball... is it new? Because I've never heard it before. It was really evil sounding.
    It does sound familliar to me. I think I remember it being played at some point in the episode "Magma Gang vs. Awua Gang! Secret Base Battle" (the one featuring the uber cute Nincada). Although I'm not entirely sure of that, but I know I've definatly heard it played before ^^;

As for what Harly was saying when he put Cacturne (God, its hard not to call him Noctus >_>), I'd like to know that also.
    'C'mon my *something*! Noctus!
    Kinda sounded he was saying either 'comradde' or 'combat'. Something like that anyways 0.o

Also, I think Shuu just says 'Go' from what I've seen. "Roselia, GO!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Katana, the girl with the Grumpig. (That *is* her name, right. The last time she appeared, there was a very funny, and VERY dodgy scene involving her and May.)
    LOL! Sorry but this just struck me as funny, no offense.

A katana is a Japanese sword. The girl from that episode was named Kanata.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    It does sound familliar to me. I think I remember it being played at some point in the episode "Magma Gang vs. Awua Gang! Secret Base Battle" (the one featuring the uber cute Nincada). Although I'm not entirely sure of that, but I know I've definatly heard it played before ^^;

As for what Harly was saying when he put Cacturne (God, its hard not to call him Noctus >_>), I'd like to know that also.
    'C'mon my *something*! Noctus!
    Kinda sounded he was saying either 'comradde' or 'combat'. Something like that anyways 0.o

Also, I think Shuu just says 'Go' from what I've seen. "Roselia, GO!"
    Yes... it sounded pretty Englishy to me... it may just be me, but I think that Harley is English/American. Yes, I know. Japan has this really interesting habit of throwing random English into everything, (Everything! ) but I noticed that Harley was spouting quite a bit. ("Good luck!" and "Hiiii!") That and he has an English name. ^_^o

Yeah, I suck. He's proberly Japanese, but I couldn't help but wonder. n.n (Oh, and I *think* Cacturne's Japanese name is spelt Noctasu, with a silent 'u' like with 'desu'. Which is strange, because I *did* hear Noctasu-chan being refered to as NoctasU by some people, like that... women...person, instead of 'Noctas'.) Strange. o.o;

Oh, and Geodude, no offence taken. XD (But you *know* the scene that I'm talking about, yes? The one with May, laughing, with Kanata and Grumpig... doing...things...to her. Taken out of context, yes, but still very funny. )

Edit: Some of you may be getting pretty annoyed at my admiration of Harley, well, you'll be happy to know my computer now has a Harley-themed desktop.
    Last edited by Alfonso; 27th November 2004 at 1:21 PM.

Yeah, I know the one you mean, Alfonso. I have a screenshot of it, and let's just say it can be interpreted in several ways...

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Crystal Latios Guest

Hmm.... its sad, Harley had only one episode. Well, Kanata had two (first one wasn`t interesting, but second was fine). I think, Harley is a cool guy (nah, no crush on him, but I think, he is original) and we should meet him closer. Why Kanata or another girl had two epis and Harley only one?
    BTW, I like relations between them. May was a rival for him, but he didn`t hate her. I think, he liked her a little^^ Its something like love-hate relationship LOL

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast