Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 259

Thread: A Cacturne For The Worse! (380)

  1. #51
    Princess May Guest

    Default

    Really, the ribbon looked red to me. And it looked like it had a cute little gold border too. I think that May's Bulbasaur is a girl because i also heard about its voice being feminine. I think in the American dub, they're gonna use Ash's Chikorita's voice for it. I totally hope so!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess May
    Really, the ribbon looked red to me. And it looked like it had a cute little gold border too. I think that May's Bulbasaur is a girl because i also heard about its voice being feminine. I think in the American dub, they're gonna use Ash's Chikorita's voice for it. I totally hope so!
    Chikorita's voice? No way, the voice of a bulbasaur (male or female) should have a certain harshness to it... just like Ash's bulbasaur.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    707

    Default

    During the Silver Conference Ash's Bulbasaur had a new voice which made it sound younger. I preferred the older voice. So since May's Bulbasaur is a young one and girlish it will probably have more of a high pitched voice than a normal one. I see all Bulbasaur's as Males cause thats how i like them but May's could be a girl. The cut heart patterns on its forehead could mean its a girl. Plus it uses Petal Dance, a girlish move. I cant wait till those eps come out in America. I wanna see Bulbasaur in the anime again. Does anyone think it will evolve into an Ivysaur?

    Fan of #336 Seviper the Fang Snake Pokemon
    Seviper's sword-like tail slashes enemies and douses them with a horrible poison.
    Seviper shares a life-long, bitter rivalry with Zangoose.
    Evo Line: Seviper
    Fave moveset: Poison Tail, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower

    Banner by me ~RT

  4. #54
    Lady Dragonrider Guest

    Default

    Why do all the May fans like Harry? I dislike May and even I don't like him.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    I personally think May's Bulbasaur is a girl. Does anyone have a sound clip of it's Japanesse voice? I think we'll see Harry again.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Questing with Ash
    Posts
    6,071

    Default

    I think the reason Harry is so popular amongst the May fans is due to the unwritten anime rule that long haired guys=cool

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Utsunomiya-shi, JAPAN
    Posts
    2,742

    Default

    I changed my romanization of Haarii from "Harry" to "Harley" in the synopsis. "Harry" isn't correct at all, now that I look back at it.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

  8. #58
    Hales Guest

    Default

    Oh no, that means he has nearly the same spelling as my real name *sobs on her pillow*

    But if we move on from there and say he looks more like a Harley than Harry anyway... You know I've stared at a dozen of Harley pictures and I believe he's a guy... I've seen tons of guys with long hair!

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaikousThunder
    During the Silver Conference Ash's Bulbasaur had a new voice which made it sound younger. I preferred the older voice. So since May's Bulbasaur is a young one and girlish it will probably have more of a high pitched voice than a normal one. I see all Bulbasaur's as Males cause thats how i like them but May's could be a girl. The cut heart patterns on its forehead could mean its a girl. Plus it uses Petal Dance, a girlish move. I cant wait till those eps come out in America. I wanna see Bulbasaur in the anime again. Does anyone think it will evolve into an Ivysaur?
    Don't you know you can't disscuss evolutions that arn't announced? THAT MEANS NO IVYSAUR YOU PANCAKE!!
    Whats wrong with Petal Dance? I don't see Mays Bulbasaurs gender only that its young and lets think, people and animals act like this at that age, so do Bulbasaurs!

  10. #60
    Tate+Liza Guest

    Default

    I hope she can, since I loooove her when she's in contests!

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by animeking
    Don't you know you can't disscuss evolutions that arn't announced? THAT MEANS NO IVYSAUR YOU PANCAKE!!
    Whats wrong with Petal Dance? I don't see Mays Bulbasaurs gender only that its young and lets think, people and animals act like this at that age, so do Bulbasaurs!

    Dont call me a pancake! I wasnt discussing it, it was a question. Its up to you people to discuss it. I dont get whats the big deal if i ask if May will have an Ivysaur. So what?

    Fan of #336 Seviper the Fang Snake Pokemon
    Seviper's sword-like tail slashes enemies and douses them with a horrible poison.
    Seviper shares a life-long, bitter rivalry with Zangoose.
    Evo Line: Seviper
    Fave moveset: Poison Tail, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower

    Banner by me ~RT

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    23,258

    Default

    Alot of people seem to be mistakening gender with age. We can very well tell Haruka's Bulbasaur is young. It's voice is somewhat higher pitched and softer than Satoshi's Bulba because it's almost just a baby. o_O The heart spots on its head are just added cute factor effects. Nothing more.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

    3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    not where you think
    Posts
    5,246

    Default

    somehow, I think that the higher-pitched, softer voice and the heart markings are there because it is female...

    with human characters, we can easily tell who's male and who's female right of the bat (most of the time) because we know which characteristics make that character male or female (though it may not be true all the time )

    But it's a completely different story with Pokemon characters, some pokemon by their very design look very masculine or very femineine by our standards. Some people may even think it's very bizzare and maybe even complain about that (look at how many people complain about the Ralts or the Machop line, "OMG WHY IS MY KIRLIA MALE AND MY MACHAMP FEMALE!!1" X_X) Even pokemon that are supposed to have no gender get gender stereotyped, Staryu and Starmie for example.

    the anime usually keep pokemon genders as ambiguous as possible unless they really want to make sure that the pokemon is one gender or another, usually by adding a bow or some other feminine feature to a pokemon or making a pokemon fall in love with another pokemon with said bow.

    since hearts are supposed to be more feminine by human standards, it's very very likely that May's Bulbasaur is female...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Idk i like with characters with a little more depth than straight on evil

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    I think James did
    Posts
    617

    Default

    I didn't see this ep due to the fact I don't live in Japan,but I did see the pics for it/Does anyone have a recording of Hakura screaming at Masato?I gotta hear it

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LSSJ Chris
    I didn't see this ep due to the fact I don't live in Japan,but I did see the pics for it/Does anyone have a recording of Hakura screaming at Masato?I gotta hear it
    It's not really that great. If I recall, it's just her screaming "MA-SA-TO!", which leads to Masato apologising to his 'Onechan' (O-naychan) which is followed by one of The Greatest Pokemon Chaaracter Laughs Ever by Harley-chan. ^_^

    Anyway, I saw this episode yesterday. How? Well... I... well, let's just pretend that Dogasu invited me over to his place in Japan, and I watched it there. ^_^o I was really excited to see it, in all it's wonder on my compu- I mean, Dogasu's TV. n.n;

    Moving on... HARLEY IS FRIKKEN AWESOME. Seriously. I totally love his character now that I have actually *seen* him in action. He's such a b*tch, but in a good way, if you know what I mean. And I love him for it. (Question: But if 'kamo' is a shortened version of the Japanese word for 'maybe', then was May saying that Harley's Cacturne, Noctus-chan, was 'kind of cute' was she said "kawaii kamo!"?)

    Also, and I don't mean to ask so many questions, but what was Harley saying when he calls Noctus-chan out of his Pokeball? (It seemed to be the same throughout. I've noticed that some trainers do have a certain phrase for calling their Pokemon out... James says "Sabonea, o mimodare!" for Cacnea, I believe. Whatever that means.)

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    it sounded to me like " come on my....Nokutasu!" I don t understand the part after "my"...maybe I m wrong ^^"
    Haruka says "<pokemonname> stage on!" in contest battles, which is nice ^^
    does syuu have a phrase, too?

    by the way...a very very nice episode ^^
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa
    it sounded to me like " come on my....Nokutasu!" I don t understand the part after "my"...maybe I m wrong ^^"
    Haruka says "<pokemonname> stage on!" in contest battles, which is nice ^^
    does syuu have a phrase, too?

    by the way...a very very nice episode ^^
    Syuu? You mean Shuu/Drew, right? I'm not sure, to be honest. I've only seen Japanese clips of Shuu, but they are long gone now... I imagine he has some really cool and arrogant line though. (Like... "Dazzle them with your glorious beauty, Roselia!")

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    Yeah, I meant Shuu/drew. I think I saw this kind of writing his name on a japanese pokemon fansite ^^"
    I wish I could see a contest episode with him, cause I ve only seen him in 2 episodes in german. And he doesn t seem to be in the latest pokemon contests because he already got his 5 ribbons. I hope the last ribbon for haruka will ilcude a big fight ^^
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,555

    Default

    I'm hopeing the Grand Festival will bring together most of the Rival Coordinator's that May has faced in the past. Obviously, Shuu will be there, but I'm crossing my fingers for an appearence from Robert () and Harley. And the Katana, the girl with the Grumpig. (That *is* her name, right. The last time she appeared, there was a very funny, and VERY dodgy scene involving her and May.)

    Anyway, I'll sum up my feelings as I watched the episode...

    -Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... I hope Harley will be as cool as I want him to be.
    -Hey, May's training Bulbasaur. Cute. n.n
    -Hey, it's him! *hugs*
    -Wow... he's got a really feminine voice...
    -Homemade cookies! *glomps*
    -Ah, the infamous 'oishii kamo' line.
    -Wow, he's totally p*ssed off. o.o;
    -Hmmmmmmmmmm... *watchs the various Contest scenes*
    -HA! Ash has hardly had any screentime.
    -Noctasu-chan is so awesome.
    -May vs. Harley. HELL YEAH!
    -Man, he is a snide b*tch. But in a good way. ^_^
    -*sobs as he loses*
    -Woah, sinister.
    -That's it. He has GOT to appear again. *is dragged away by Flannery*

    Also, a question... the music that played when Harley first called Noctasu-chan out of his Pokeball... is it new? Because I've never heard it before. It was really evil sounding.
    Last edited by Alfonso; 25th November 2004 at 5:56 PM.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Also, a question... the music that played when Harley first called Noctasu-chan out of his Pokeball... is it new? Because I've never heard it before. It was really evil sounding.
    It does sound familliar to me. I think I remember it being played at some point in the episode "Magma Gang vs. Awua Gang! Secret Base Battle" (the one featuring the uber cute Nincada). Although I'm not entirely sure of that, but I know I've definatly heard it played before ^^;

    As for what Harly was saying when he put Cacturne (God, its hard not to call him Noctus >_>), I'd like to know that also.
    'C'mon my *something*! Noctus!
    Kinda sounded he was saying either 'comradde' or 'combat'. Something like that anyways 0.o

    Also, I think Shuu just says 'Go' from what I've seen. "Roselia, GO!"

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Katana, the girl with the Grumpig. (That *is* her name, right. The last time she appeared, there was a very funny, and VERY dodgy scene involving her and May.)
    LOL! Sorry but this just struck me as funny, no offense.

    A katana is a Japanese sword. The girl from that episode was named Kanata.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    It does sound familliar to me. I think I remember it being played at some point in the episode "Magma Gang vs. Awua Gang! Secret Base Battle" (the one featuring the uber cute Nincada). Although I'm not entirely sure of that, but I know I've definatly heard it played before ^^;

    As for what Harly was saying when he put Cacturne (God, its hard not to call him Noctus >_>), I'd like to know that also.
    'C'mon my *something*! Noctus!
    Kinda sounded he was saying either 'comradde' or 'combat'. Something like that anyways 0.o

    Also, I think Shuu just says 'Go' from what I've seen. "Roselia, GO!"
    Yes... it sounded pretty Englishy to me... it may just be me, but I think that Harley is English/American. Yes, I know. Japan has this really interesting habit of throwing random English into everything, (Everything! ) but I noticed that Harley was spouting quite a bit. ("Good luck!" and "Hiiii!") That and he has an English name. ^_^o

    Yeah, I suck. He's proberly Japanese, but I couldn't help but wonder. n.n (Oh, and I *think* Cacturne's Japanese name is spelt Noctasu, with a silent 'u' like with 'desu'. Which is strange, because I *did* hear Noctasu-chan being refered to as NoctasU by some people, like that... women...person, instead of 'Noctas'.) Strange. o.o;

    Oh, and Geodude, no offence taken. XD (But you *know* the scene that I'm talking about, yes? The one with May, laughing, with Kanata and Grumpig... doing...things...to her. Taken out of context, yes, but still very funny. )

    Edit: Some of you may be getting pretty annoyed at my admiration of Harley, well, you'll be happy to know my computer now has a Harley-themed desktop.
    Last edited by Alfonso; 27th November 2004 at 1:21 PM.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Yeah, I know the one you mean, Alfonso. I have a screenshot of it, and let's just say it can be interpreted in several ways...

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  25. #75
    Crystal Latios Guest

    Default

    Hmm.... its sad, Harley had only one episode. Well, Kanata had two (first one wasn`t interesting, but second was fine). I think, Harley is a cool guy (nah, no crush on him, but I think, he is original) and we should meet him closer. Why Kanata or another girl had two epis and Harley only one?
    BTW, I like relations between them. May was a rival for him, but he didn`t hate her. I think, he liked her a little^^ Its something like love-hate relationship LOL

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •