Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: A Cacturne For The Worse! (380)

Maybe someone should start a shipping for Harley and 'Meno-chan.' XD Harley IS a little old for May but... I've seen odder shippings & couples.

It's a shame Harley didn't get two episodes... I really would have liked to see him in two. He was an interesting character.

... I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who found that part with Kanata & May on the bench a little... off... XD
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Crystal Latios Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Space Skitty
    Maybe someone should start a shipping for Harley and 'Meno-chan.' XD Harley IS a little old for May but... I've seen odder shippings & couples.
    I agree ^_^ You know, we have some shipping like that; Marina x Eusine, for example. So I think, Harley x Haruka shipping would be great. Its so exciting. I know, its not a place for shippings, but I really like this couple and I think, they look cute together^^

Yeah! ^_^ It could be called something like CookieShipping (because Harley gave Haruka some cookies) or like you suggested, HateEachotherShipping. Or maybe even something like HarShipping because both of their Japanese names start with "Har."

I hope Harley shows up again. I think he was a good rival for Haruka.
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Flannery
    BTW, I like relations between them. May was a rival for him, but he didn`t hate her. I think, he liked her a little^^ Its something like love-hate relationship LOL
    I thought it was pretty clear he hated her. The various cruel and underhanded things he did aren't exactly normal friendly rival interactions. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    I thought it was pretty clear he hated her. The various cruel and underhanded things he did aren't exactly normal friendly rival interactions. ^_^
    Indeed. I think he liked her at first though, until she 'insulted' his precious homemade cookies. (Which followed a comment about his Noctasu-chan... that 'kamo' she dumped at the end is pretty good at annoying people, yes? She said his partner was 'kawaii kamo'.)

Heh. I love the bit after he takes the picture of her and starts making fun of her, by imitating her. (KA-MO!) XD

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    (Which followed a comment about his Noctasu-chan... that 'kamo' she dumped at the end is pretty good at annoying people, yes? She said his partner was 'kawaii kamo'.)
    I think it was 'Kowaii kamo' actually ^^; I'm pretty sure 'kowaii' is a term used to say something is scary or frightening~

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    I think it was 'Kowaii kamo' actually ^^; I'm pretty sure 'kowaii' is a term used to say something is scary or frightening~
    o.o;

That is very confusing. I kept on thinking how strange it was that people kept on saying that he was 'cute' when the summary by Dogasu had them saying 'scary'. :P

I mean, you would have to be careful not to sound like you're calling a Japanese girl scary, instead of cute. XD

Thanks for clearing that up, Gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    You've got it almost right. It's kowai. Only one 'i'.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Factory Head Noland Guest

I saw this episode and it was awesome! I loved the battle between Cacturne and Bulbasaur and Bulbasaur's Petal Dance just made the episode!
    Now all May's Pokemon have won a Contest! 4 ribbons, 1 to go!!

I really like this Harry person (I call him whatever I want). He is just like me.

We both hate May (and for the same reason too [I felt really offended that she had to say Treecko was creepy]).

We both have the same name (yes my name is Harry!).

We both like cookies.

We both use Grass pokemon.

Season One Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenKirby
    I really like this Harry person (I call him whatever I want). He is just like me.

We both hate May (and for the same reason too [I felt really offended that she had to say Treecko was creepy])..
    However she thought the group of Treecko where cool (or cute). It was the way that the starter Treecko looked at her that she found creapy

ust from looking at the pics the episode seemed pretty cool. Bulbasaurs Razor Leaf/Petal Dance combo was cool. It neat seeing a Bulbasaur use a move like Petal Dance. I coul never see Ash's using that move. Its gotta be cause its trainer is a girl. Is May's Bulbasaur male or female? Any hints to its gender?
    Anyways while i was looking through the episode pics i noticed a guy that looked awfully familiar. He was from the Johot Saga, or atleast looks almost exactly like him.

I doubt its the same character but they do look very similar. Are they just running out of character designs or something?

I noticed something like that too, in the episode where TR dresses like Norman, the Golduck trainer who battles Ash looks alot like this Background character in the episode "Where the real Oak Please Stand Up".

Ohh, Harly is so girly, I have a liking for people like that in Anime, wonder what Wallace will be like?

Talking contest eps are cool!

as i said in another post for a different ep. i love contest eps and please can someone tell me if drew is in this one and this is a good debut cacturne but a better one would be for james cacnea to evolve.
    Last edited by Torkoal Stu; 17th December 2004 at 4:14 PM.

Drew does not appear in this episode at all. At this point, it would be reasonable to assume that he has now collected all the ribbons necessary for entry into the Grand Festival.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Drew does not appear in this episode at all. At this point, it would be reasonable to assume that he has now collected all the ribbons necessary for entry into the Grand Festival.
    thanks for letting me know and your probaly right because in one ep he says he has 3 ribbons already! ( may had none when he showed them)

Abusoru Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GreenKirby
    Do you really have long, purple hair and weird clothes? So you must show me your pic.
    We both hate May (and for the same reason too [I felt really offended that she had to say Treecko was creepy]).
    Harley didn`t hate her. She didn`t like her so much, but "hate" is a to strong word
    We both have the same name (yes my name is Harry!).
    His name is "Harley" not "Harry" But maybe his dub name will be "Harry".
    We both like cookies.
    Who doesn`t?

Ok, I like this episode and I like Harley. I think, he is a great guy with hot personality. He is very attractive. I like him, because he is just weird. He is not like other guys; so "grey". Normal clothes, normal hair. Harley is original, is cool. I can call him "sweet".
    I don`t like this shippy thing. I belive, someone said about shipping. No and no. Harley didn`t have feelings to May. She was his opponent, his rival and he wanted meet her closer. Plus, I belive, Harley is 20 or 22. May is only 10/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Abusoru
    Harley didn`t hate her. She didn`t like her so much, but "hate" is a to strong word
    No, I'd say hate is the right word. She called his Cacturne scary-looking and didn't use the right wording to describe the way she liked the cookies, plus she made his Cacturne look like a joke at the end of the Contest with a Bulbasaur. So rightfully, you can tell he's angry and hateful towards her in the end, especially if he was so cruel as to play the tape during the Contest.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Even though Harley and I don't share the slightest thing in common, i like the fact that he isn't the 'kind and friendly' opponent who we see everyday. we need more rivalry and competition once in a while. i was so glad that harley didn't apologize and wave goodbye at the end.

Abusoru Guest

Quote Originally Posted by frednmethod
    Even though Harley and I don't share the slightest thing in common, i like the fact that he isn't the 'kind and friendly' opponent who we see everyday. we need more rivalry and competition once in a while. i was so glad that harley didn't apologize and wave goodbye at the end.
    True true. Honestly, May has never had a rude opponent. Drew was little rude, but we know, he has a crush on her. Harley was a great "evil guy". I would like to see him again. Of course, he had only one episode. Its bad, some boring characters like Kanata, that lady with Lairon or another had 2 episodes, but Harley only one!

I betcha Harley's nickname for May, "Meno-chan" will be dubbed as "Tenta-girl". It just...sounds right to me.

Starting my synopsis for this ep now, it should go up when Serebii updates tomorrow. I think I'll use my version of the nickname in the guide.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Okay, a question. I recieved my Advanced DVDs the other day, and was watching 'A Three Team Scheme'. I spent the entire episode listening out for a certain peice of music that Gravy suggested was played in said episode. You know, the really evil sounding music that played when Harley called out his Cacturne for their Appeal. However, the music wasn't in 'A Three Team Scheme', which brings me to my question: Has it played in *any* episode before this one?

only half of this ep has aired so far

Harley is still a male and both Izabe island and Harley have the same names!

Cacturne's dub voice just rules

the dub title is as predicted by many people 'A cacturne for the worst'

HARLEY RULES!
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

BREAKING NEWS!

This episode is called "A Cacturne for the Worst"
    Harley keeps his Japanese name, and yes, he sounds like an afffeminite male, but in a creepy way. He doesn't sound like James, more like Frankie Muniz. But he does sound creepy when he's angry
    Izabe is still the Island name

I love it so far! Everything is just so right!

EDIT: Have seen all of it. There is a major cockup with a joke that Harley makes. There is a story about May and some Tentacool, and Harley starts calling her one. He makes a line saying that she may evolve into an Octillery. This is really scary, as a Tentacruel even appears in the episode!
    Also, Cacturne's voice is pretty cool (the kind of deep, gravelly voice usually given to creepy pokemon).

This episode is really good, and everything we were worried about didn't happen.
    Last edited by ChaosMage; 1st November 2005 at 6:33 PM.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Harley is still a male and both Izabe island and Harley have the same names!
    YESSSSSSSSSSSS! *hugs 4kids*

So did they camp him up? Did they did they huh huh did they?
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

no they didn't

bu I love this phrase: 'If you're going to the throwing around the word adorable you better be talking about yours truly"

Harley rules

I love Harley's personality, 4kids deserve a bag of cookies for this episode
    when May asked Harley why he lied to her he replied:
    'what do ya think, because I knew you'd fall for it'

Harley is god!

and the nickname Harley given May was Tentacool, or Tent for short
    Last edited by Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior; 1st November 2005 at 6:33 PM.
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast