Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: A Cacturne For The Worse! (380)

Well I was hoping Harley would have a different name even though Harley is an English name. Now we can finally put the speculation to rest. Harley is still a man.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Harley does rule, good contest and contest battle

but they kept on saying 'Ureeka pokemon contest'

Harley is a sore loser though, saying it was only luck that May won
    this explained why May is scared of pokemon and now there are on the way to Sirosi town (wtf?)
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Factory Head Noland Guest

Loved this episode, I loved the Japanese version and I love the dub version even more.

Harley is such the campest, he's great! And his Cacturne has such a great dub voice.
    Thought the story about Caroline trying to catch May because she thought she was a Tentacool was hilarious.

I think Harley is such a jerk but he's a great character, glad May won in the end like it should be.

Harley is not a jerk!

He is the only remotly bad rival! all the others are just 'friends' and Drew is just stupid... Harley isn't camp at all but I can see myself becoming a major Harley fan... I used a cacturne in my grass type team
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Harley sounds more like a stuck-up **** than a twisted super-villain, which is how it should be. I love everything about the episode bar the Octillery thing.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

*is majorly happy with the news* ... *is now sad she'll have to wait a month to see it*

So, did he call Cacturne anything special? Or was it just Cacturne? You know, like how in the original it was "Noctus-chan"?

And did the VA really fit? I don't remember him doing any roles for older characters, just teens/kids... I'm ubersupper happy to know his gender/name is the same. <3
    Bishies: Luppi & Lady Bat|C.Bishie: Clopin|VG.Bishie: Gale|Pokemon: Ariados
    Ships: ReijixSaturn, KafeixVaati, MeltxLezard & NoelxLeon
    Twin: Vycksta

Shipping Face-Off (Ultimate Face-Off of 2007): Best Shinji/Paul Ship

He is simply Cacturne, and Harley sounds like he is in his late teens in this episode. That sounds about accurate. It now seems worrying that we were so nervous about him!

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Factory Head Noland Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Shuckle
    Harley is not a jerk!

He is the only remotly bad rival! all the others are just 'friends' and Drew is just stupid... Harley isn't camp at all but I can see myself becoming a major Harley fan... I used a cacturne in my grass type team
    Come on, why would Harley tell May that a Surskit has no speed when it clearly does? Because he's a jerk.

And Drew is not stupid, he is a great rival as is Harley. But Harley is a bigger jerk than Drew.

The....epi-....isde..............HAS ALREADY AIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO!!

I cannot believe I missed this episode! I WANTED TO SEE IT!!!

Good thing he's still Harley and he's still a guy.

Season One Complete!

I thought they handled Harley pretty well. His voice was decent and they managed to get him sounding pretty camp~ I believe the voice actor who provided his voice was...Andrew Rennells? I think he provides the voices for the likes of Mr.Stuart in Sonic X and Noah in Yu-Gi-Oh. So if you've ever heard either one of those, you'd have a moderatly good idea of how Harley is going to sound~

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but during Haruka and Harley's battle, Bulbasaur's voice was slightly altered for whatever bizzare reason. And it sounded so much better that way. It really did differenciate it from Ash's Bulbasaur. I'm really not sure what the hell that was all about, but its a shame it was never like that from the start

...Oh, right, I didn't whine about anything did I?
    Erm...lemme see....Ahh! Young Haruka made my ears bleed, and Cacturne sounded far too much like a bootleg Camerupt.
    There we go, much better ~ ^^
    Last edited by Gravy; 1st November 2005 at 9:05 PM.

Harley is twisted...seriously...he scared me! and made my 6-year-old sister cry!

I hate him...but in a strange way...I think he's great! just what the show needs.
    Waiting for...
    London Expo October 2009
    Lost Season 6
    Pokemon HeartGold

Having seen this episode I can see why people liked Harley so much, hes kinda cool

Harley: Kinda?!

awww YES! He's still a boy!!!!!!! I love him So much....<3 <3

Does anyone have an mp3 of his voice?

This episode won't air in the U.S. for another month, (I assume we'll get it in late November/early December), but I am dying to hear what he sounds like.

awesome, Harley is probably the most anticipated human character to appear in the anime, and seeing him relatively untouched is just excellent.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

I knew they would keep him a male. Bragging rights, yay. 8D

I'm actually kind of interested to hear what his dub voice is like.
    ~

I can admit I thought 4Kids would change Harley to a woman. I can also say I thought they'd change his name, but kudos to 4Kids for this. Looks like it's going to be a great episode.
    My Diamond FC: 0774 6214 3659|Future Ghost Team:

Credit to Gladeshadow for the card

Well I guess it's safe to say that the Chronicles guys should be blamed for the gender changes, and the guys who handle the dub of the main series are much better.

Yes they can obviously can create better opening songs too instead of using old rehased songs, I've liked all the ones from the main series, but it's safe to say to chronicles one was crap.

I get to see this episode, and all the rest of the episodes aired this week on toonami on friday (no satellite TV here at uni )

Thank you God he's a guy!

That's all I gotta say! But one of the people on the last page (I'm too lazy to look) said Harley sounded like Frankie Muniz. 0_0 Well there goes my prediction right out the window!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

I did say that he reminded me of Frankie Muniz from Malcolm in the Middle, especially in his little shocked moments where he thinks to himself about an undying hate for a complete stranger. Herley does sound like Noah or Arkana from Yu-Gi-Oh, and the voice does suit him (even though it makes him sound quite young, and considering he is able to work in a Pokemon Center later on he sounds a bit younger than the original writers would have intended). He sounds menacing and shady enough, so I'm happy. I was literally on the edge of my seat through the entire introduction scene. He's there for about 15 seconds before telling us his name, and I had my fingers crossed the whole way.

Oh, and Harley looks so much cooler when he's moving. I've had to put up with pictures so far.

I have to love how loads of people suddenly now think Harley is cool having previously looked down at him.

Someone post up an mp3 before I hurt someone. D:

MaskedManAbsolkid is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

First, I wanna say how happy I am that Harley is male.

Now, this eppy was the best in PAB yet! I liked the baby May bit best. Harley is now officialy my favourite character!

9/10.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    I have to love how loads of people suddenly now think Harley is cool having previously looked down at him.

Someone post up an mp3 before I hurt someone. D:
    Agreed. Oh well, we all know who his true fans are~ And yes, mp3 please people. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Shuckle
    Harley is not a jerk!
    Hehehe, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. XD

Oh, an a quick question. That "adorable" quote, what was it's context? I'm curious...
    Bishies: Luppi & Lady Bat|C.Bishie: Clopin|VG.Bishie: Gale|Pokemon: Ariados
    Ships: ReijixSaturn, KafeixVaati, MeltxLezard & NoelxLeon
    Twin: Vycksta

Shipping Face-Off (Ultimate Face-Off of 2007): Best Shinji/Paul Ship

I can't send an mp3 but I can say he had the perfect voice. It suits him to a T, well it sounded right to me. And he called Max "Maximous", also it was funny when Harley was doing an impression of May saying "These cookies aren't half bad,", and he was really annoyed when May didn't know what a Cacturne was. But Harley's a cool charecter, but he's not my favourite charecter.

As for the contest appeals, May's was alright its cool Bulbasaur got some time. As for a Camerupt cameo, meh it was told to use Eruption but it looked more like Smokescreen to me, lol.

Cool episode, Harley was way better than I thought. I feared the worst for me, but they made me pretty cool, maybe someone write in and told them what he should be like. XD

Quote Originally Posted by taitofan
    Oh, an a quick question. That "adorable" quote, what was it's context? I'm curious...
    This Azurill was jumping on its bubbles and May said "thats so Adorable" then Harley said "If your going to be throwing the word adorable around you should be talking about yours truely".

And yeah Harley did the trick thing, he tricked May into thinking Skursit was slow so she would lose, but that got put on its head when she won. Which was quite funny to watch. And then he played a tape of Max talking to him, but I dont see why at the Grand Festival they like talk to him after him tricking May so much. And Harley keeps calling May "Tent" after the recording saying she was a Tentacool or something.

Also one funny quote "Your just here to play around, hello" That just sounded so funny when he said it.
    Last edited by Torkoal Stu; 4th November 2005 at 8:55 PM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast