Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: A Cacturne For The Worse! (380)

Quote Originally Posted by Volt Tackle
    Harley was awesome. He sounded like a rock star. It would have been better that he won and not lost. Even if he was playing dirty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Wow, this was a really good episode.

Harley is one of the best characters AG has given us. Also, thanks 4kids for keeping his name as Harley and giving him a good voice!

Harley is what a real rival should be, one who constantly tricks his opponent and embarasses her in front of a crowd. Gary and Drew were NEVER like this to Ash and May. Harley holds the crown for the best rival, more devious than Gary or Drew ever were.

Also, what's this? Harley and implied pedophilia around Max? We know Harley is gay, but to go after May's little brother? OUCH! Pedophilia to the max! (No pun intended)

Loved the bacsktory with cute baby May, and her MILF of a mother in a swimsuit. Hopefully this shut people up as to why May didn't like Pokemon when AG first started.

Great battles overall, loved the fiery backround when May exploded. Nice to see Ash also snap May out of her daze to fight back too.

What else can I say? This is why Pokemon Advanced is such a great series, thank you writers for making Pokemon fun to watch again. It's why I love this show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu
    Very good. Harley was out of this world. He ruled the episode and really ****** out May. I wonder why did they edit out the skull and cross bones and replaced it with a sad face?

Very good voice and fitting name for someone who is ill-fated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosen of Mana
    HO. LY. CRAP. That was the best contest yet!

* Harley makes for a great recurring character.
    * TR stayed out of the way for the most part, and missed the contest.
    * Some of the best dub music was played, and really capured the tense mood.

9/10'd
    Word.

This episode was really ground breaking. Harley was powerful, great voice, outstanding attitude, strong pokemon, AND embarassed May. Harley may have sounded a little like Drew, but he is a great improvement over Drew, who is just a coordinator version of Gary.

It would have been great if he'd won, it would have been the best episode ever.

10/10 Possibly my favorite episode of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by blaziken's charizard
    I already hate Harely.
    I already hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Geki
    The contest sucked, really badly.. Cacturne's dub voice kind of sucked, and I'm ****** since it's one of my favorite Pokemon. Harley is still gay!!
    Good for you. You must love May *ingore*

Season One Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Loved the bacsktory with cute baby May, and her MILF of a mother in a swimsuit.
    Gah, I can't believe it! I missed the Caroline swimsuit scene I've been wanting to see! I've got to set a tape for next Friday...

I only saw the last two or three minutes of the episode; I turned my TV on right when Harley was recalling Cacturne into its Pokeball. I really didn't hear enough of Harley's voice to make an opinion, but from the one sentence I heard him say, I didn't like it.

I guess that's it until I see it on Friday. I've been missing a lot of Advanced Battle. I've only seen two episodes of it!
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

I don't think they were talking about Sootopolis, especially since there are still a few more episodes before we get there. It's probably whatever island they stop off at for the next episode.

seems mighty pecuilar to me..they almost mever mention "out of the way towns", and Seroci does start with an S like Sootopolis, i can just imagine the chaos from this if i'm right....

Quote Originally Posted by mangod/pikachu
    Probably because they thought it was too suggestive or something, but they kept it in the match which is kinda strange.
    I just looked at the pic of the skull and crossbones on the site, it looks exactly the same as the one that aired on TV. It didn't look edited at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sumguy
    I already hate you.
    In case you can't read, lemme spell it out for you:

N-O O-F-F-E-N-SE

Got it?

Harley's voice was ok...

^I thought I ignored you.

It's the skull and crossbones on the book was edited out.

Season One Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu
    I wonder why did they edit out the skull and cross bones and replaced it with a sad face?
    I just looked at the pic of the skull and crossbones on the site, it looks exactly the same as the one that aired on TV. It didn't look edited at all.
    It hadn't changed on the episode I saw either. But why would they only edit it on only a few channels?

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    seems mighty pecuilar to me..they almost mever mention "out of the way towns", and Seroci does start with an S like Sootopolis, i can just imagine the chaos from this if i'm right....
    They said that Seroci town was on the other side of the island. It's not Sootopolis and whoever got that from this episode really doesn't know how to listen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I think Ash won't go to Kalos right away and there'll be a time skip, thus his grown hair and all. Alexa would leave alone and meet Ash again when he arrives to Kalos.

Cybercubed: I think they're talking about the one Harley drew above May's picture at the beginning of the ep. It was changed to a sad face...but the one in the contest that Cacturne drew with Bullet Seed wasn't changed.
    Anyway, I couldn't stop laughing with this episode. I must say, Harley's dub voice is the best they ever did. Yay for Gay!Harley! ^^ So glad they did that, it fit so well. Excellent.
    The trainer choice was good. The music was excellent.
    For writing of the episode, I have to say a little fast paced, IMO. We usually get two episodes per contest, but we didn't for this one. Five minutes into the episode, and the contest is already underway. Anyway, I loved Harley's tactics to try and decieve May.     Spoiler:
    Bulbasaur was also great. After the slip up in Rubellow, I'm glad Bulbasaur was given another chance to shine.
    Overall, I think this episode deserves a 9.5/10. I would watch it over and over again...>.> oh, why didn't I tape it? ;_;
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Overall, this episode was pretty good. TR didn't do anything drastic. Cacturne was cool. Harley was such a jerk(no offense to any Harley fans out there). Little May was pretty cute. I guess if pokemon wasn't for kids, May would've tore Max apart at the end. SEVERAL QUESTIONS THOUGH!

1. Wouldn't it be considered cheating to use a tape recorder to humiliate your opponent so that you(in this case, Harley) have the advantage?
    2. Shouldn't the judges do something about the speaker system(tape recorder) instead of just sitting around?
    3. Why would Max tell secrets about May to someone he barely knows?
    4. When Cacturne used bullet seed to make a skull with crossbones, shouldn't the judges take that as a threat?
    5. Am I the only one out there who felt SO bad for May when Harley revealed that story about her?
    Last edited by WaterDragon trainer; 26th November 2005 at 5:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer
    Why would Max tell secrets about May to someone he barely knows?
    Though you have a good point, during the episode, Max told the group that Harley told him he was frightened of Pokemon too and wanted to make him feel better. Considering Max has no stories of being frightened by Pokemon, he used one of his sister's. In writing plot, this explained why May didn't like Pokemon in the beginning, finally resting the hatred for May's old characteristic. It needed to get out somehow not too awkward, and this was a funny way to do it, also building Harley's character as well. Genius plot device, says I.
    Am I the only one out there who felt SO bad for May when Harley revealed that story about her?
    Yeah, I'm sure a couple felt bad, but I laughed. I had no hard feelings for Harley, because at the end, May didn't care.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

This episode was awesome. Harley is awesome. He had a great voice and his Cacturne is cool. Harley is officaly my favorite rival character. Compared to Gary or Drew, Harley wins because Gary or Drew aren't as calculating as Harley is. An Awesome way to introduce Harley. I can't wait to see him again.

The rest of the episode was pretty good too. I liked how Ash used Drake's advice to calm May down. I liked that Bulbasaur got a chance for redemption after that bout in the Rubello Contest. I also liked the backstory with Baby May.

9/10 for this episode

Harley was a great character, one with a lot of personality. The most annoying thing about the contest was the shortest judge kept on saying stuff was remarkable.
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/sgmiwk.jpg[/IMG]

-Banner made by Saffire Persian.
    -I've claimed Jynx in the Bishie thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TazzlerLuva
    The most annoying thing about the contest was the shortest judge kept on saying stuff was remarkable.
    Yeah, that judge was annoying. He was worse than the Newvember jingle sung by Coconut Fred which thank god we won't have to put up with next week since November will be over.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer
    Overall, this episode was pretty good. TR didn't do anything drastic. Cacturne was cool. Harley was such a jerk(no offense to any Harley fans out there). Little May was pretty cute. I guess if pokemon wasn't for kids, May would've tore Max apart at the end. SEVERAL QUESTIONS THOUGH!

1. Wouldn't it be considered cheating to use a tape recorder to humiliate your opponent so that you(in this case, Harley) have the advantage?
    2. Shouldn't the judges do something about the speaker system(tape recorder) instead of just sitting around?
    3. Why would Max tell secrets about May to someone he barely knows?
    4. When Cacturne used bullet seed to make a skull with crossbones, shouldn't the judges take that as a threat?
    5. Am I the only one out there who felt SO bad for May when Harley revealed that story about her?
    Question 1: It wouldn't be considered cheating because probably no one thought any one would even concider doing it. Maybe they should edit their rulebook.
    2.They probably don't even know how to work the system!
    3.His mom probably told him when he was younger.
    4.They're probably too hard-headed to take threats.
    5.I felt kind of bad, but I was laughing with my brother the whole time!

Yeah in Japanese, in every contest, that little guy always says "Ya suki desu ne" ("I like it"), never anything else.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

*clears throat*...And now, Medea's review on the Harley episode!

Medea:...*clears throat*...HARLEY! YAY! I SAW HARLEY!
    Coconut Fred: *singing* NEWvember! NEWvember!
    Medea: I'll teach you to steal my thunder! *stabs Coconut Fred repeatedly*

*laughs* Where was I? Oh yes! This has to be the best episode (so far) of the Advanced Battle season IMO. And even though Harley was sneaky and a liar...I still love him! His voice did bug me occassionally (only because I was hoping that he was going to sound like Mandy from the episode Round One Begin) His Cacturne was pretty good. And oh yes, dear old Max. Even though this was provoked by Harley, I still have the LITTLEST respect for Max (still).

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

this episode was quite amusing, Harely is suddenly my favourite rival character and Cacturne my favourite grass type pokemon

I can't help but smile at Harely's snide and sly tactics... wonderful...

oddly enough, I decided to use Cacturne on my Sapphire team well before it became popular as Harely's signiture pokemon...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Oh! I forgot to mention, today is the last Saturday of November! NO MORE COCONUT FRED SINGING ABOUT NEWVEMBER! EVERYBODY WINS! YAY!

I really liked this episode. Harley is a great character and really just is the description of a good rival. Using a weakness of the enemy to his advantage was wonderfull. At first I thought Cacturne's voice was pretty bad but as the episode progressed I found it quite good.

Also i'm not 100% sure on this but when May was talking about Harley lying to her didn't Harley say "Hello" as a strange wake up call to may?
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/5399191.jpg[/IMG]
    Anime Bish: Kagura from Gintama/Anime song: Alones from Bleach
    Many thanks to Kimmi the Awesome™ for the awesome banner.
    PM me if you wanna play me in Jump Ultimate Stars or Vs. me in PBR. ^-~

You know, Harley's really a jerk for fooling May about surskit's abilities. At least May did bounce back, and she definitely put on an impressive show with Bulbasaur. I'm glad that she beat Harley in the end, and that combination of razor leaf and petal dance did look great.

Overall, I would say that Harley's an interesting character. Apart from that one bit with surskit, he was fine. He made me laugh during his first scene when May didn't react the way he expected. The tape of Max talking about May's humiliating experience was funny too (and little May was so cute!! ). I'm not going to have a definite opinion on the guy until I see his later episodes, but so far I'm on the fence about him.

Overall, 8/10.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I'm unsure if someone already put this down but 4kids has become very lintent with a certain issue... gay people. No really by keeping him a him and well... keeping Bon Clay (of One Piece) pretty much the same it's a little progess... >_< why is it this kind of progress I want my uncut anime! Well at least it's good in a way...
    One day... one day in the future... I will get over my hatred of Betas... when that day comes you will be able enjoy my fics in all it's glory...

Unless you hate crossovers and AUs... then your pretty much screwed...

Of course Ash had to come to her frakking rescue. Heaven forbid May have to learn anything on her own or worse, lose to learn the lesson. Other than that, it was all good. Good music, great battles, and Miss Tent got a laugh out of me.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

MaskedManAbsolkid is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Serosi Town is the town in Izabe the eppy was set in.

And the skull was edited? It wasn't in the UK.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

I saw the episode and learn that Harley play dirty. He mad all because May say that Cacturne look little scary. Well a Cacturne do look a little freaky.

May look cute when she angry.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast