Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: A Cacturne For The Worse! (380)

Okay, why the hell did they edit out one crossbone, but not the other? I'll never understand 4Kids.

Here's something interesting I noticed. Remember that clown from "Outrageous Fortunes" back in Johto?

Lookie here at the Surskit trainer:

I also can't believe they left Izabe Island as Izabe Island.

Overall, great episode. Harley has one of the best personalities ever established in the series, and the contest on the whole was probably the second-best so far, next to Lilycove for obvious reasons, heh...
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Of course Ash had to come to her frakking rescue. Heaven forbid May have to learn anything on her own or worse, lose to learn the lesson.
    To be fair though, she did lose a previous contest whilst using her Bulbasaur because of her over-confidence and not taking Bulbasaur's feelings into account. This time around, it was a perfect chance to redeem a past failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Suikun

Here's something interesting I noticed. Remember that clown from "Outrageous Fortunes" back in Johto?

Lookie here at the Surskit trainer:
    Heh, who knows, maybe it's the same guy!

Maybe he decided to travel to Hoenn and become a coordinator.

i liked this episode! it was so funny when Harley was humuliating(sp?) may XD but i wished Harley could win -.-
    [IMG]http://i15.*******.com/2qlg3v8.jpg[/IMG]

Harley is a jerk. I'd like to capture May also. Good episode. The theme song is worse than ever...

Click here if you want to join ^
    Going through life with depression is like trying to run for a touchdown on two broken legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geki
    The contest sucked, really badly.. Cacturne's dub voice kind of sucked, and I'm ****** since it's one of my favorite Pokemon. Harley is still gay!!

2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki
    The keyword is he's GAY.
    The keywords are: You're an idiot.

He's effeminite at best. Not "gay." Being effeminite doesn't make you gay.

And if you don't have anything good or worthy of reading to contribute, I'd suggest you stop posting unless you wanna be banned again.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quilava Krazy Guest

Am I the only one out there who felt SO bad for May when Harley revealed that story about her?
    That was really mean!I felt really bad for May.The judges should have not allowed that!I don't like Harly at all.He does'nt like May, and anyone who does'nt like May is a charcter I don't like

the episode ws good...... Harley is still..... Harley..... but his Cacturne did look strong........ even though i felt bad about what he did to May, i still laughed at the story.........xP

9.3/10

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    To be fair though, she did lose a previous contest whilst using her Bulbasaur because of her over-confidence and not taking Bulbasaur's feelings into account. This time around, it was a perfect chance to redeem a past failure.
    I know, but she should have done it herself. Then it would have been a learning experience. All she learned was to depend on Ash to help her in a jam. I mean, she changed her battle strategy when she realized Surskit was a quick opponent. Why couldn't she take 15 seconds for soul searching?

I love the mind game. It sucks that you really can't do that on the games or even in Net battle.

Altough it was dirty, Harley was a genius to use May's faults against her. If it wasn't for Ash, she would have likely been creamed. Maybe Harley should strangle Ash for butting in on his little scheme.

EDIT: I don't know why but before this episode, I always pictured Cacturne with Star Scream's voice.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Team Rocket's involvement in the episode, regarding that Berry Salesman that they mentioned, It made me think that the salesman could be the SAME one who sold James the Magikarp, and traded the Weepinbell, and sold him that Hoppip disguised as a Chimecho. He might have said that "These berries are the greatest of all berries, and the PokéBlocks you can make with them are worth a fortune!"

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiAngemon
    Team Rocket's involvement in the episode, regarding that Berry Salesman that they mentioned, It made me think that the salesman could be the SAME one who sold James the Magikarp, and traded the Weepinbell, and sold him that Hoppip disguised as a Chimecho. He might have said that "These berries are the greatest of all berries, and the PokéBlocks you can make with them are worth a fortune!"
    You know, I actually picture that. I really can.

So, Jessie intended to be a part of the contest but fell asleep trying to make berries.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Harley is gay love, plain and simple. He's about the biggest pokemo since Ash or James. I am looking forward to seeing more of him.
    Artichan's PokePet

Arti the level 1 Articuno!

Arti's F@g-Hags: fanderichie, Fullmetal_Alchemist, lilineko, magnemite, Phantom_Bugsy, taitofan, The Incarnation Pokemon, and twilightespeon, Zino

I enjoyed this episode.

They should have given Cacturne some more airtime. :/

Anyway, Harley was an interesting character. Very different than your average character, and the voice acting given to him was amazing. Very real-seeming. And he has an eccentric personality that makes you feel like this is one of those rare one-of-a-kind episodes.

Rare when Ash and friends meet a one-episode character that they don't say goodbye to on nice terms in the end. I don't remember the last time someone tried to sabotage May in a Pokemon Contest (excluding Jessie, of course). And that little grudge book (or hitlist... O_o) of his makes him even more interesting.

That flashback of May was great, and hearing Max's voice ringing through the building in a mocking tone was very funny.

I'd give this episode an eight, but... I enjoyed it quite a bit... 9/10.

Zatrionix Guest

Watched it.

O_O

This is a first, keeping Izabe island as a name, and Harley, and a good voice.

Not to mention Haruka was so cute as [insert younger age here].

Meh 9/10

This is the first episode I've noticed that they mentioned the Drak type. Also its the first time I've seen Faint Attack in the anime.
    Just because I breed for natures and EV train does not mean I treat my pokemon like mindless drones or just data. Pokemon are more than just data to me. They're my prized possesions. I love my Pokemon.

Playing is Believing -Nintendo

Sprite Resources
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.
    The quote that describes the many people that use cliche opinions.

I will not be posting much often. Only like once per month to keep my account alive.

Oh yeah, what's with all these names of cities, eh? In the beginning of the episode they called the place Izabe Island, and while they mispronounced it, I was pleased they kept it in. But then it was Pedikree Dog Chow? ...I mean Pedikree Pokemon Contest? o_o

And at the end of the episode, they mentioned going to Sorosee or something. If that's Sootopolis they're talking about, then I'll be disappointed with the name change. Nintendo wouldn't allow that, though, would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pokemon Master
    And at the end of the episode, they mentioned going to Sorosee or something. If that's Sootopolis they're talking about, then I'll be disappointed with the name change. Nintendo wouldn't allow that, though, would they?
    They allowed Arbok to evolve into Seviper...

Actually, I doubt they even monitor it.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Suikun
    They allowed Arbok to evolve into Seviper...

Actually, I doubt they even monitor it.
    They probably do. They (probably) forced 4Kids to remove the D/P Pokemon besides Munchlax out of the opening, after all.

I loved this episode. Like whoa. XD

I was quite worried that the dubbers would turn Harley into a girl.. But ALAS! They didn't. It was kind of nice that Team Rocket didn't really interfere with what was going on. It made the episode more intense, IMO. I laughed at the tape recorder scene. Yes, I felt bad for May but it was hard not to laugh. Why was Max with Harley anyways? *raises eyebrow*. I LOVED Harley's voice. Cocky, yet flamboyant

Overall...
    9.4/10
    (I like decimals)
    Last edited by Tiffany; 27th November 2005 at 1:10 AM.

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

I watched it this morning...I liked it. Harley is pretty cool, mean but cool. I may actually catch a Cacnea and start traning it. I'd like to see James with a Cacturne.
    CLAIMS
    "updating"
    UR NEVER TO OLD TO BE A GAMER![/CENTER]
    INFO -plz support me thanks-
    Twitch: TrollShaman85 (It has to do with World of Warcraft)
    Twitter: @UndeadPriest90
    Red 3DS FC: 1719/3604/8442
    PM if u add me Plz and Ty

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut
    You know, Harley's really a jerk for fooling May about surskit's abilities. At least May did bounce back, and she definitely put on an impressive show with Bulbasaur. I'm glad that she beat Harley in the end, and that combination of razor leaf and petal dance did look great.

Overall, I would say that Harley's an interesting character. Apart from that one bit with surskit, he was fine. He made me laugh during his first scene when May didn't react the way he expected. The tape of Max talking about May's humiliating experience was funny too (and little May was so cute!! ). I'm not going to have a definite opinion on the guy until I see his later episodes, but so far I'm on the fence about him.

Overall, 8/10.
    That is what makes harley such a good character. XD
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/sgmiwk.jpg[/IMG]

-Banner made by Saffire Persian.
    -I've claimed Jynx in the Bishie thread.

I THINK this is the SECOND time we see Faint Attack in the anime. The first could've been that Johto episode with Sudowoodo(used faint attack on arbok). Also, is it just me or did Max get off the hook too easily(May forgave Max just like *snaps finger* that?
    Last edited by WaterDragon trainer; 27th November 2005 at 2:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Iveli
    I'm unsure if someone already put this down but 4kids has become very lintent with a certain issue... gay people. No really by keeping him a him and well... keeping Bon Clay (of One Piece) pretty much the same it's a little progess... >_< why is it this kind of progress I want my uncut anime! Well at least it's good in a way...

Has become? They've always been.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Harley's shown signs of being effeminite. Not being gay. James, however, is a completely different story. :|

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Hah! Loved this episode. It's up there with the Lilycove Contest.
    Though surely the Lilycove mini-arc was better, the plot tangled with May's past and Harleys deceiving ways was extremely well done. Good Job Writers!

What? They changed the Skull and Cross-bones in Harley's Hit-List book to a sad face? Wow...I mean I know a skull usually means death, but c'mon KidsWB, Americans *do* celebrate Halloween >.>

In Canada, the skull was not changed [as it seems to have not been changed in every place this episode aired BUT KidsWB]. Speaking of this, in Canada, we still have Manene, Manyula, and Rukario in the opening O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Kijuna
    Except that Octillery thing, but that's excusable.
    Yeah...about that.
    I don't believe Harley was implying that Tentacool evolves into Octillery. He called May Miss Tenta, which is short for Tentacool, but also is short for tentacle.
    Since Tentacool/cruel, and Octillery are the only Water types to posses tentacles and given that Octillery is not the most attractive Pokemon, it was more of an insult than anything.

Anywhays, about the episode...yes.
    As I said, excellent episode where everything in the plot seemed to just fit so perfectly together. Harley's voice threw me off at first [I thought it would lower. Effeminate, but lower], it is indeed a good voice that suits his personality well, especially now thinking of the voices they could have given him *imagines Harley with Yami Yugi voice* ... *shudders*

Harley himself is very impressive. He's such a breath of fresh air from the "Hi, I'm _____. What's your name? OMG! I lost to you, let's BFF FOREVUR! 8D" characters.
    He's malicious, conniving, scheming, catty < [had to put it for effeminate purposes], and all that jazz that makes up a good rival. And *finally* a rival who doesn't forget!
    "We'll meet again May. And when we do, I'll win! BFF!!! 8D" Yeah, right. Heard that too many times. Harley keeps his word ffs >.>
    Truly THE BEST Rival for a Main Character in the anime so far. Harley's bitching-ness <3

The battling was very well done as well. I loved it at the end of the May/Harley battle when Bulbasaur was picking up the P'd-Off vibe May was giving and seemed to be just as brutal when executing her finals attacks on poor Cacturne. Not to mention I've loved the backround to the Razor Leaf/Petal Dance combo ever since Serebii.net supplied pictures for it several months ago.

This contest also marks the beginning of not using /30 Point system they've used in previous Contests [outside of the Grand Festival of course].
    Which is a shame. I quite liked the point system. It gave you an idea of who would get into the second round and such...now they just do their appeal and hope for the best.

Anywhays, excellent episode.
    A deserving 10/10. We'll be seeing you later, Harley ;D!
    [for those who go "HoMFG! SPOILER!", he's in the effing intro -.-o]
    Last edited by .Bambi.; 27th November 2005 at 11:08 AM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast