Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: A Cacturne For The Worse! (380)

For some reason, Harley reminded me a Harry Champ from Ziods Century Zero. Maybe it's the eyes, they have similar eyes.

Spoiler:

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Okay, don't know if this has been asked, but, if 4Kids edited out the skull and crossbones from Harley's book, why didn't they edit the skull and crossbones Cacturne made while using Bullet Seed. Oh, and my mom thinks Harley is gay because of the clothes and way he looks and acts. If 4Kids would think people thought Harley was gay, which is happening, they should have changed the name to Haley and given him/her a new voice.
    Last edited by CoolTrainerTerry; 27th November 2005 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolTrainerTerry
    Oh, and my mom thinks Harley is gay because of the clothes and way he looks and acts. If 4Kids would think people thought Harley was gay, which is happening, they should have changed the name to Haley and given him/her a new voice.
    Actually, I think 4Kids anticipated people might think that. And they probably didn't care. Besides, if they wanted him NOT to seem gay, they would have given him a voice that suggested a completely straight personality, and I bet it would have worked fine.

Edit: BTW, he's not necessarily gay, just because he acts the way he did. O_o

Okay, don't know if this has been asked, but, if 4Kids edited out the skull and crossbones from Harley's book, why didn't they edit the skull and crossbones Cacturne made while using Bullet Seed. Oh, and my mom thinks Harley is gay because of the clothes and way he looks and acts.
    First off, since the skull and cross bones was not edited out anywhere but in the US, KidsWB edited it and not 4Kids.

My guess is because a skull and cross bones usually means death, so to draw one over a picture of someone could imply that you want to kill the person or want them to die.
    Because the Bullet Seed-ed skull and cross bones was directed at no one in particular and simply used as an appeal, they didn't need to edit it out.

All right, I said to myself I wouldn't get into this, but...

Harley sounds/talks/whatevers like he's gay because he is. This isn't a fangirl's opinion, but a fact. Now, going by the dub, it's questionable. But James fans always make the argument that you have to go to the original Japanese version for a charcter's sexuality, so... In the original, Harley speaks using the feminine pronoun, atashi. Atashi is only used by women and gay men. Honestly, the writers wouldn't have done that if they didn't want to imply something. They've always loved their stereotypes...

Harley is homosexual, it's as simple as that. Ask anyone who's seen the original and has any knowledge of the Japanese language, and I'm sure they'll agree with me. So yes, 4Kids did things right for a change by having his VA talk like that (since English only has one pronoun). Go 4Kids!

Oh yeah, and the epi rocks. 10/10. <3
    Bishies: Luppi & Lady Bat|C.Bishie: Clopin|VG.Bishie: Gale|Pokemon: Ariados
    Ships: ReijixSaturn, KafeixVaati, MeltxLezard & NoelxLeon
    Twin: Vycksta

Shipping Face-Off (Ultimate Face-Off of 2007): Best Shinji/Paul Ship

OK, I don't know for sure if anyone's fixed this yet.

Sootopolis is named in a later episode, and they are heading to Seroci on the way. They haven't reached it by Absol-ute Disaster, and Catch Snorunt and the Ralts episode don't seem to be in a town. Seroci just seems to be a big town on Izabe which is where they board a boat to Sootopolis. Seroci may contain the Pokemon Center in the Ralts episode, because otherwise it doesn't really appear.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

VenusaurMaster Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pokemon Master
    Oh yeah, what's with all these names of cities, eh? In the beginning of the episode they called the place Izabe Island, and while they mispronounced it, I was pleased they kept it in. But then it was Pedikree Dog Chow? ...I mean Pedikree Pokemon Contest? o_o

And at the end of the episode, they mentioned going to Sorosee or something. If that's Sootopolis they're talking about, then I'll be disappointed with the name change. Nintendo wouldn't allow that, though, would they?
    Wasn't it Purika or somethin?

Well I liked this episode..it was better than I expected...Harley did sound homosexual but I have nothing against it..seeing as I am one...anyway...I liked the battle..but Harley is an a**!
    I'm your biggest fan,
    I'll follow you until you love me<3
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/zvo3zt.gif[/IMG]

harland said that surskit is SLOW
    www.mE-Entertainment.net

...hasten to drown into beautiful eyes ♫
    Sig Request Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Rufinito18
    harland said that surskit is SLOW
    And best part is that May actualy fell for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    And best part is that May actualy fell for it.
    And the best part is that May is a 10 year old girl who thought she was getting some helpful advice from a seemingly friendly fellow co-ordinator.
    It's called not being a paranoid freak who thinks the world is out to get them in every way possible >.>

Hate May all you want, but please have some logic before you try to belittle someone.

Well, in all fairness, she really should have done like he'd said and studied up on her opponents. Then she would have known he was lying to her. The really good part is that     Spoiler:
    Bishies: Luppi & Lady Bat|C.Bishie: Clopin|VG.Bishie: Gale|Pokemon: Ariados
    Ships: ReijixSaturn, KafeixVaati, MeltxLezard & NoelxLeon
    Twin: Vycksta

Shipping Face-Off (Ultimate Face-Off of 2007): Best Shinji/Paul Ship

Quote Originally Posted by taitofan
    Well, in all fairness, she really should have done like he'd said and studied up on her opponents. Then she would have known he was lying to her.
    Considering Harley gave May the little tid-bit of advice, what, a minute before her match?

The really good part is that     Spoiler:
    Yeah, it is pretty crapped up that     Spoiler:

Though at least the writers tried to justify why May gave him more chances,     Spoiler:

Hey, what can you say? May is naive like most children are. She's also gullible which doesn't help. Harley knows how to trick her. That smexy beast <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken

And the best part is that May is a 10 year old girl who thought she was getting some helpful advice from a seemingly friendly fellow co-ordinator.
    It's called not being a paranoid freak who thinks the world is out to get them in every way possible >.>

Hate May all you want, but please have some logic before you try to belittle someone.
    Trust Evanova, trust yourself, everybody else, shoot 'em. -Claudia Christian

I'm sorry but I thought of that line when read this post. Even a ten year old should know not to trust the competition. Besides, May should have seen for herself that Surskit was a little speed demon during his appeal. Granted I've never been a trusting person and I take everything with a grain of salt but I seriously believe May was a nitwit for believing one person and didn't study her opponents appeals.

Loved this episode!
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Quote Originally Posted by VenusaurMaster
    Wasn't it Purika or somethin?
    Yeah, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Even a ten year old should know not to trust the competition. Besides, May should have seen for herself that Surskit was a little speed demon during his appeal. Granted I've never been a trusting person and I take everything with a grain of salt but I seriously believe May was a nitwit for believing one person and didn't study her opponents appeals.
    Well, she is supposed to be somewhat experienced by now, so yeah. But you gotta give her some slack. How often does she, or Ash and the others for that matter, get tricked or lied to by someone who seems to have become a good friend (besides Team Rocket's characters they pretend to be every now and then)?

If 4Kids would think people thought Harley was gay, which is happening, they should have changed the name to Haley and given him/her a new voice.
    Why would they do something like that? Homosexuality is like the one thing they don't have a problem with.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Why would they do something like that? Homosexuality is like the one thing they don't have a problem with.
    Yeah, they'll even make a person gay when they were straight in the original. coughJamescough

As I said, I'm not very trusting. I'm not going to just take the word of some guy I just met no matter how nice they are. Especially when they're in competition with me.

Light-Dragon_Ryu Guest

Ok i've heard 3 different versions of it: I've heard Harry, Harley, and Harland...Which is it?

I could have sworn I heard Him say his name was Harley but i'm not sure...
    Plus I think That the Battle was really good, Haruka should have kept her temper intact a bit better but I did like the anger at Masato(Little brat needs to get whats coming to him....</3 Masato >_<)
    anyway I give the episode a 9/10

and Did Harley sound a bit afemminant(sp?) to anyone?

His name is still Harley. And why is it surprising that he sounds effeminate? That's the entire point of his character.
    ~

Joe_Pokemon20000 Guest

Young Haruka. Just too cute and sad for me, that my soldiers want to cry! ! Better leave (sniff) cause I rated it 30 (sniff). I think it worked too well (sniff) because we missed that scene!(sniff) Karano-chira! Honiya! (sniff)
    Last edited by Joe_Pokemon20000; 1st December 2005 at 5:45 AM.

I missed the episode on Saturday on KWB so I just watched it (Friday afternoon) and I LOVED!!! the episode. The one nitpick I have for the episode was that I HATED Harley dub voice.

Ethereal Guest

I'm watching the episode for the first time right now. It's pretty good. I like Harley's dub voice. Then again, I like guys that sound like that when they talk...*cough*[/TMI]

I don't like Cacturne's dub voice, though. It's too...bleh. I thought it would sound evil. ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal
    I don't like Cacturne's dub voice, though. It's too...bleh. I thought it would sound evil. ;/
    Yeah. Seriously, Cacturne seemed to be downplayed, and they put Harley up onto the pedestal. He took some of Cacturne's debut-light. Even its voice, like you mentioned, wasn't something to brag about (even though that's on 4Kids' part).

4Kids paint edits = Sloppiness and thats for sure.

Why bother painting away the Skull & Crossbones over May but not when Harley did it with the Bullet Seed? Was it because the Skull & Crossbone over her meant "Die May?" Or was it because the Skull & Crossbones made by Bullet Seed to big?

I liked Harleys dubbed voice, to be honest I kinda expected a Michael Jackson type voice but I can deal with what he got.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

The Grand Finale Arc begins with Chapter 109.

Ash will capture this thing.
    Mark my words

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast