Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 140

Thread: A Rivalry to Gible On! (613)

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    405

    Default

    That what you guys gets for getting yout hopes to high.

  2. #27

    Default

    Lame not only did Ash miss out on Gible by a stupid nerd, Dawn lost the contest to a fake (I know Jessie was sick but still.)

    Sigh.
    They really blew it.
    Fiery Oxidation!
    -The spark plug of versatility.
    - Cutest fire type ever!
    ★ Signature was over the maximum height so it was eaten. Read the Sig Rules! Oyeak.
    Hmm, what should I do today? Mow the lawn or cook a casserole?
    Lawnmower, what did I tell you, don't eat the signatures! DIED: May 29, 2009
    Reobtained June 07, 2009- Used against Fantina
    Guys, Ashy Boy knew what he was doing against Morty- Noctowl kicks ghost hiney indefinitely.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In my mind.
    Posts
    2,045

    Default

    Though i hate the outcome, it kinda fits. That gible is now to be doomed to rot away in its pokeball in the hands of a useless nerd. I hope that wasn't the case, but apparently it is. Sucks to be gible
    Pokemon Black Battle Team



  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Farming infractions for noobs.
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    Right, I'm gonna hide in this bunker until the idiots seriously expecting Ash to actually catch a Gible die down.


    I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Somewhere Beyond the Barricade
    Posts
    4,408

    Default

    Holy hell, Gible is the new Riolu. When is this gonna pass? Yes, a dragon-type would be cool, but I wouldn't want to lose Staraptor, Grotle, Monferno, Gliscor or Buizel just so we could have one come in at the end of the saga. The Gible line have had more representation than most- hell, we've seen that Garchomp of Cynthia's steamroll one opponent after another, and Gabite has had two prominent appearances. Now a recurring character has a Gible. Certainly better than, for instance, the Ralts line. Just because Ash didn't catch one of the many new pokemon in this generation does not mean the writers are scared of giving him a dragon-type. He's also never had a rock-type, so the writers clearly hate Nosepass. And if they're adverse to him having a "bad-***" pokemon... what the hell are Sceptile, Monferno, Staraptor, Gliscor, Glalie, Charizard, Donphan and Heracross to you people? Not to mention his other powerful and personality-filled pokemon?

    In other words, build a bridge and get over it. There are worse things in the world than Ash not having a Gible.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12

    Default

    But i don't have any carpentry skills so I cant build a bridge. But very well put Chaos. My guess is that most people just dont like Kazunari. But now u'm wondering will he still use Totodile in the double battle. Pretty sure its off topic so I'm actually gonna stop that.
    SoulSilver FC: 2107-0840-3264
    Name: Dome

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Ahahaha, seriously guys, get over it. Given how Satoshi had a full team of six, there was no way he was going to catch a seventh. Not when the team he has now possess a nice balance. Fukamaru's part-Ground, but while Glion is Ground-type (despite not having any useful Ground attacks)... You can all dream about this happening.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    LMAO, as if you people really thought Ash was going to capture something with a full team of 6.
    As if his current six aren't bland enough, besides he only caught four of them, i'd still like to see him catch another pokemon before the region's over, so we can see something fresh.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    Holy hell, Gible is the new Riolu. When is this gonna pass?
    Considering that both Gible and Trapinch were in this episode probably not for a long time.

    Yes, a dragon-type would be cool, but I wouldn't want to lose Staraptor, Grotle, Monferno, Gliscor or Buizel just so we could have one come in at the end of the saga.
    I would easily oak Grotle or Gliscor in a heartbeat given the chance, Grotle is inferior to Paul's torterra in everyway and doesn't stand out at all, and Gliscor is the weakest fully evolved pokemon Ash has ever owned since it's only beaten one pokemon since it evolved, and every other match was a loss or draw.

    Just because Ash didn't catch one of the many new pokemon in this generation does not mean the writers are scared of giving him a dragon-type.
    I disagree, considering that trapinch was also in the episode it basically showed us that they have no intention of ever giving him a dragon pokemon or anything close too it.

    In other words, build a bridge and get over it. There are worse things in the world than Ash not having a Gible.
    I kinda figured he wouldn't get Gible,(not because he had a full team, but because of the dragon element) but still i was hoping a little he would, because in all honesty his sinnoh team is so bland right now it's not even funny, Pikachu never changes, Staraptor's starting to become Swellow (good at fighting but no attitude) Grotle i've already made my point, Monferno hasn't had enough focus since it evolved, and learned the most useless fighting move of them all, Buizel is like Pikachu pretty much in a lockdown zone where nothing changes, and Gliscor is basically a walking clown that can't do anything right when it comes to battling.

    Quote Originally Posted by King Of Steel View Post
    Given how Satoshi had a full team of six, there was no way he was going to catch a seventh. Not when the team he has now possess a nice balance.
    Two flying types =/= balance, i don't care what people say about Gliscor not being able to properly fly, it's still part flying type.

    Fukamaru's part-Ground, but while Glion is Ground-type (despite not having any useful Ground attacks)
    yes because Steel Wing and X-scissor are just so exciting to watch, at least something like Gible would've brougt more intresting moves to the table instead of one's we've seen time and again.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 1st October 2009 at 6:30 PM.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    195

    Default

    It was pretty obvious that Ash wasn't going to catch it, although we all had some hope. The episode went as I expected, and now, Kazunari has something to make him slightly more interesting.
    I use "uber" Pokemon, I calculate stat values, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I catch my pokemon and throw them away like a piece of garbage if they are not worthy of my greatness, and I treat them like brainless drones instead of individuals. If you use this philosophy, copy and paste this into your signature. (Started by Swalot=yes)

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    The problem was the writer(s) set Ash up for not catching the Pokemon. Yes S. Suikun I have seen the episode.

    What happened was Ash fell into what I assume was Trapinch's Arena Trap, and who saved Ash? Kuzanari, I knew at that point Ash wasn't going to catch Gible even though I was still hoping.

    Then as Ash was going to catch Gible (Poke ball and all), Kuzanari had to be a jerk, cut in front of him holding a Poke ball, all while Dawn and Kotone convinces Ash to let Kuzanari catch it probably because of the aforementioned scene with Trapinch.

    Then Gible preceded to have a "who can take their own attacks head on" and Gible summoned a large boulder and slammed it into it's head.

    Then when my hopes were raised that Gible would escape for good, Totodile was ordered to use water gun in the hole and Gible was shot out and captured.

    There was no way Ash could've caught Gible like that. I mean Ash was far more excited about Gible than Kuzanari, and Kuzanari only wanted it because it evolves into Garchomp, while Ash wanted it because it was strong as is.

    Not to mention:

        Spoiler:- Future Episode:


    I'm not going to say the episode was the "Worst" episode ever. But it was boring, and the only highlight in my opinion was Monferno appearing after a long while and digging 10 holes or so in like 3 seconds. If Kuzanari wasn't apparently a jerk in that one scene, and Kuzanari caught Gible when it cornered him, It would've been more acceptable, than Kuzanari basically doing a "I saved you, now it's mine" capture.

    Another was Kuzanari's sudden Brock level intelligence, except two episodes Kuzanari didn't even know how to feed his own Totodile. Which makes Kuzanari for me even less likable.

    I have to shake my head at Team Rocket, they see Gible as a shark and assume you can find it in the water. I mean that was pure stupid, if you actually knew what Gible was (a landshark) and took in consideration to its type. I guess I can excuse Team Rocket due to their lack of Sinnoh Pokemon Knowledge, but this kind of takes the cake. Jessie eating a berry thinking it would help her Pokemon was funny. This wasn't, simply because they should've paid attention to Ash and co, and not their own weird logic. And also because at least with the berry situation it was only one Team Rocket member, this time it was all three.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beautiful river of BLOOD. Ham.
    Posts
    879

    Default

    So, Johto dude captured a Sinnoh pokemon, just because he wants a Garchomp? Holy crap, that's worse then TR, at least they just want to give the pokemon to their boss because of their job, this dude, is gonna hook his Gible up on Rare candies just because of a stupid uber. But with Evolution? For mascot, don't be silly. I guess, the Japanese just love bullying us. Cyberbullies.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    So, Johto dude captured a Sinnoh pokemon, just because he wants a Garchomp? Holy crap, that's worse then TR, at least they just want to give the pokemon to their boss because of their job, this dude, is gonna hook his Gible up on Rare candies just because of a stupid uber. But with Evolution? For mascot, don't be silly. I guess, the Japanese just love bullying us. Cyberbullies.
    Kuzanri could've changed his mind along the way (not sure), but his original intention for capturing Gible was because it could be a Garchomp
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Jose Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    Personally I don't care if Ash didn't catch gible. Like I mention in a previous post I imagined that Kazunari would catch it because he wanted to go back to Johto with a Sinnoh native pokemon. But like someone else said before, there was a dragon type and a pokemon that would later evolve into a dragon and Ash didn't catch it meaning no dragon for Ash. Guess the writers wants us to settle for Charizard and his Dragon Rage, and DragonBreath attacks, and the face that it kind of looks like a dragon.

    In my opinion I felt the end of the episode as being rushed. It seems that getting lost in the cave drove out the focus in the episode and the writers had to make an ending so they had the simple lets test our strength, subplot making it easier for you to catch me, and finish of with water gun, pokeball, caught. Last but not least end of the epsiode on to dawn's contest.

    I would have liked the battle to be a little more believable. I mean seriously lets say Kazunari goes back to Johto and is asked How did you catch gible. He would respond " he hit himself over the head with boulders and weakend himself ". Not a good story.

    And can someone please tell me where was brock because I didn't realize he wasn't in the episode until I saw the eyecatch.( being sarcastic just in case it did seem like it)Mind you that the place where I saw the episode it seem was recorded a minute or two after the episode started
    Last edited by TicoPokemonMaster; 1st October 2009 at 7:57 PM.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beautiful river of BLOOD. Ham.
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Well, Brock wasn't in the episode because the writers have forgot THAT ASH, DAWN AND BROCK ARE THE HEROS OF THE SERIES, NOT CUTE CHICK AND CONWAY CLONE (DON'T YOU DARE INFRACT ME FOR TELLING THE TRUTH.)

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,976

    Default

    Acting provacative will only persuade the penalties, mimefan, not inhibit them. Do note that you're also cutting it close to character bashing.

    I suppose I really need to see this episode for myself (especially to judge on the overall episode quality), but from the sounds of things, it seems like it was still quite a bit less of a tease than say...May and Swablu. It turns out the idea of Ash capturing Gible and giving it to Kazunari did not come into fruition, which I think many people should be thankful for. Again, I'll give some more accurate thoughts once I view the episode (if you couldn't tell, I admit to being on damage control alert now), but fandom history indicates that it's not quite as huge of a deal as it's made out to be.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lakeland, FL 33810 in USA
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Its appears that Ash didn't catch Gible but Kazunari did. But not worry, he already have his full party in his team. Kazunari take notes when Brock flirting with Nurse Joy as usual After Kazunari saved Ash from the sandfall, Dawn started to get very upset with him. But why is that? Ash didn't do anything that would offend her. And what is exactly Kotone scheming in this episode? So far Kotone doesn't seem to be fond with Kazunari at first, then she touches Ash's shoulders and winks. Then when Kazunari and Dawn pull the rod together, Kotone smirking for some reason. Then after the sandfall accident, Dawn seems to be very upset with Ash and then he start to anger back. Then Kotone accompanies Ash again. Monferno digs and the dugtrio came out, then they gotten lost in the cave. Then Dawn found Ash, she seems to be reliefed. But then Kotone found Kazunari she blushes but then she was annoyed again. Then they got out of the cave. I was suspecting that Kotone may fall for Kazunari. Ash was going to catch Gible but then Kazunari plan to take care of it. And Dawn and Kotone insist Ash to let Kazunari to try to catch Gible then he did. Thus having Ash,Dawn,and Kotone impressed. Of course that Team Rocket got balsted off as usual. Next they support Dawn for the Surien Contest.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.


    FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    LMAO, as if you people really thought Ash was going to capture something with a full team of 6.

    Please.
    This

    Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    So, "Worst Episode Ever" = Your bloated expectations of a plot event not actually occuring?
    At least wait until you have actually seen the episode before making such ridiculous calls. No more whining about the thing from this point, please.

    Personally, I'm glad they gave Kazunari something interesting to do. He was quite bland in his first two episodes, with Kotone stealing much of the spotlight from him.

    EDIT: It hit me that this is already becoming the new Ambipom. I will not hesitate to delete any future post that involves nothing but cursing the writers (and seriously, the death threats are totally unacceptable), whining incessantly about your dissatisfaction with the event, or just simply not squarely discussing the episode itself.
    And this.





    Come on guys, think about it. The Gible was captured by a character we will probably never see again. This episode was simply just to introduce Gible but they tried to do it in a new and interesting way just like Dusknoir's, Bibarel's, and Spiritomb's debut. It was nice to see Ash at least attempt to catch a dragon pokemon especially while he had a full team.


    IMO we should get over our senseless "pattern" speculation. There is no ban on a main character catching dragon types, there is nothing that prevents water pokemon from evolving, the is nothing that prevents Ash from getting psedo-legendaries (Snorlax ring a bell?) It's a coincidence. The only pattern is that he will alway have Pikachu and catch the regional flying type, the most popular grass type of the generation, the most shonen looking fire type, a water type that can battle on land, and a wildcard which is undeniably random.

    Ash always has Pikachu which takes up one one of his six slots. He catches the regional bird which takes up another slot. Then there's the grass, fire, and water types that take up three more. That's five slots, so what's left but one slot? That means every other type only has a 1/12 chance of being caught. They've been using this formula since Johto so they've only had three chances and so far the wildcards have been ground/ice/ground.

    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12
    IMO we should get over our senseless "pattern" speculation. There is no ban on a main character catching dragon types
    obviously there is considering they blantly had Trapinch appear in the episode as well, coincidence? I think not, and yes i know that it doesn't have a fourth gen evo hence it wouldn't be caught, but why show another dragon esque pokemon around Ash if he wasn't going to get it? Seems like a blantant enough message to me he's never getting a dragon pokemon.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lakeland, FL 33810 in USA
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    This episode have Kotone plotting something and its involves Dawn and Kazunari. Could it be that she plans to pair Dawn and Kazunari then trying to have to win Ash's affection?
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.


    FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,273

    Default

    Hopefully Charizard can help compensate by learning Dragon Dance and Dragon Rush.

    Well that and hopefully Dragon Rush looking something like this.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,241

    Default

    Review:


    - The episode begins with the 5 twerps entering the pokemon center
    - They reused this Croagunk poison jab scene. I remember seeing it before
    - Speaking of Brock, he sits this episode out.
    - Something KOed three kid's Farfetch's, Mankey, and Eevee
    - Ash wants to catch it but Kazunari seems uninterested. Kotone *****esat him trys to talk him into catch it too
    - More of Kotone influencing Ash-Dawn pokeshipping
    - They come across the Gible and it's strength happy
    - Kazunari gets a boner for the shark-dragon
    - Ash sends Buizel and Kazunari sends Totodile. They both get hit by sandstorm as Gible escapes with dig. "ZOMGZ BUIZEL IZ SOH WEEK! IT GOT ATTACKEDED BY GIBLE!"
    - Wow Giovanni's buff 0_o. And I bet beach lovers every where would love to have a Gible
    - The grass shark thing was cool.
    - Water gun looks nice now. It's all transparent and realistic
    - Grass fishing LOL.
    - Piplup is entertaining. Even the biggest Piplup hater has to admit that
    - Aqua tail looks unthreatening and easy to dodge. The way Totodile uses it in the upcoming episode looks better.
    - Buizel-Totodile rivalry is just for comic relief. This Totodile is much different than Ash's
    - Kotone-Kazunari shipping
    - Kazunari pulls a Brock and brings pokemon food out of thin air
    - Piplup seems to be the main source of comedy in Sinnoh
    - More shipping
    - Gible also knows rock smash I think. Someone m,ust have used it as an HM slave and then released it
    - Kotone's Marill is exactly like Tracey's. Never battles and is only called upon for it's excellent hearing
    - Sinnoh fillers are great. I remember in Johto and Hoenn Team Rocket were the antagonists of nearly every filler. In Sinnoh Ash and co. face other problems while Team Rocket does their own thing most of the time
    - I guess we get our first glimpse of Trapinch's arena trap. What was it gonna do, bite Ash's leg off?
    - Ash-Dawn argument and more shipping.
    - Those face fault angry eyes are very much like the ones from Naruto
    - Monferno is used. Now we can stop complaining
    - LOL at Monferno's face when he sees Diglett/Dugtrio
    - Bunch of cave mischief. Diglett, Onix, Zubat..yep
    - The group run into Gible, Kazunari tries to catch Gible with Totodile, andAsh just lets it happen.
    - Totodile catches a rock that Gible throws in it's mouth. It's teeth are glowing while it does this. So...crunch? ice fang?
    - Totodile also knows strength or super power.. I don't know
    - Totodile and Gible display their strength by crushing boulders. This Gible seems to be mischievious and proud of it's strength. It would have been a nice addition to the team but oh well..
    - The Gible picks up a giant rock, hurts itself comically and leaves itself open to attacks from Totodile. Kazunari then catches the Gible
    - Team Rocket reel in a Sharpedo.
    - Brock returns from the abyss and everyone eats. Pikachu becomes friends with the Gible

    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    I'm so happy Kazunari catched the Gible!!! It's so cool!! XD

    Let's hope Ash's Buizel or Monferno evolves plz!!

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    64

    Default

    On a side note was does anyone know if Cyndaquil finally replaced Ambipom in the opening?

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default

    I don't think they did an opening since it was a one-hour special.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team


  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,976

    Default

    Man, I don't pay attention to Pokemon voices that often, but Fukumaru's really stands out from its shrill cackle to its general shriek.

    Even though the episode didn't result in a capture for the main gang, the episode followed pretty much the same formula as any other capture episode. In fact, this reminded me most of Corphish's capture episode in the way that it involved luring out a Pokemon that traveled through the ground. Personally, I think this episode's greatest merit was that it made Kazunari seem slightly more interesting, though at the expense of Kotone doing anything that interesting. It's actually pretty funny how this foursome works well without Brock. I don't want to get in a debate over that one, but it felt like a fresh angle. So yeah, a little formulaic, but I can name probably 200 "worse" episodes.

    And hey, a Trapinch! When the hell does that thing get to do...anything?
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •