Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 140

Thread: A Rivalry to Gible On! (613)

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,179

    Default

    omg i watched the video on youtube with HORRIBLE quality. Brock was not shown, I just see Ash returning monferno in its ball, omg it was horrible!!

    I know this is off topic but is any 1 having problems getting on to google and signing into youtube?
    Ash's team right now


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    think smarter, not harder=]
    Posts
    501

    Default

    ^^^^
    no not really

    on topic:
    i knew Ash won't catch that Gible......also because that dork do deserve at least something before he leavs and also because Ash allready has his 6 pokemon and he is the type of trainer who will never oak some pokemon just to replace him with someone else...(only when he goes to a new region and that)

    btw i think there was a deeper reason as to why Brock wsn't there
    maybe the writers are thinking about replacing him and they want to see how people react to an episode without him.....and it was still good!
    i can't say i am not hoping for all the reviews to be extra good just to show we don't need Brock
    1. You are now reading my signature.
    2. You are wondering why you are reading it?
    3.You say that you are already half way so why not?
    5. You didn't notice I skipped 4
    6. You are now chacking if I mist four.
    8. You are now smiling.
    9. You didn't notice I skipped 7.
    10. hehehe!!!!
    11. I love ya all for reading my signature!!!!=]



    [IMG]http://i35.*******.com/2zsb7g1.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i33.*******.com/flyiiq.png[/IMG]

    credit belong to the one and only Rosemary!
    thank you so much


    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Lavender town *shiver*
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    I have to watch the episode, but i'm not surprised about Gible. I knew Ash wouldn't get it, because that's the way the show tease us all the time, i'm kinda glad though because it would take thousands of episodes for him to evolve it into something cool like Garchomp, making it not worthy imo.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!



  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,559

    Default

    I never want to see a Giovanni fantasy like that again! Gag!

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,234

    Default

    I wonder if people would have reacted this way if it were a type of pokemon that Ash has already captured.

    Like if instead of trying to catch a Gible he and Kazunari were trying to catch a Snover, Hippopotas, or Riolu.

    Seriously though, patterns don't exist. Everyone used to say with such confidence that a main character would never have an electric type other than Ash. And look, Dawn got Pachirisu. I'm sure some one will try to say "that's different" but really, no it's not.
    Last edited by thunderblade12; 2nd October 2009 at 9:48 AM.

    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizadude View Post
    On a side note was does anyone know if Cyndaquil finally replaced Ambipom in the opening?
    Nope. it's still Ambipom.
    Probably next episode though. Unless they plan on changing the opening soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    I
    Seriously though, patterns don't exist. Everyone used to say with such confidence that a main character would never have an electric type other than Ash. And look, Dawn got Pachirisu. I'm sure some one will try to say "that's different" but really, no it's not.
    Dawn has a Pachirisu? o.O

    ontopic: As for this episode, It wasn't as bad as people were making it out to be. Sure theres disappointment over Ash not catching Gible, But c'mon guys. He has a team of 6. But I guess it wouldn't be that bad if Kazunari was actually staying with the group.
    He's gone next episode, and won't return for a while.
    Last edited by RageKaiser; 2nd October 2009 at 10:10 AM.

    *~Openly Gay and Proud~*

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,762

    Default

    I'm glad Ash didn't get Gible. Means Gliscor isn't going anywhere.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    LMAO, as if you people really thought Ash was going to capture something with a full team of 6.

    Please.

    Before I get infracted, let me explain myself. I love how people's biggest argument to people who wanted Ash to get the Gible is that he has a team of 6. Since when was Ash mandated to capturing 5 Pokemon (Pikachu makes 6) per region? Granted it hasn't happened since Krabby.

    Ok enough said on that. I, too, was upset that Ash didn't capture it because I preferred he capture it to use in an unnamed-filler saga. Like someone else had said, people were making this out to be much worse than the episode actually was. Am I allowed to say that Ash and Kotone seemed to have a good dynamic together, and not in the shipping sense?

    For the record, Ash didn't really screw up for Kazunari to take over. It looks as though the girls asked him to let Kazunari capture it. Aqua Tail does not look at all impressive in battle. I expected it to be a watery Iron Tail. Meh, oh well.

    Brock's absence in some of these episodes is really strange. Are the writers not able to handle 5 people or something? They didn't seem to have a problem writing A Real Cleffa-Hanger though. I wouldn't be too opposed if they took his place in the future.

    And geez...if it weren't for the opening, I'd've forgotten that Ash has a Monferno.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team


  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Too bad Ash didn't get Gible. Would be nice having it with someone we see all the time.

    Ohwell.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I'm glad Ash didn't get Gible. Means Gliscor isn't going anywhere.
    Who said Gliscor was going anywhere? It would go straight to professor until Ash went back there.
    Ash's team right now


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,762

    Default

    Duh. That's what I meant.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beautiful river of BLOOD. Ham.
    Posts
    877

    Default

    I finally saw the photos, and yeah, one to miss, doesn't look interesting.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    85%of Sbii.nt make jokes here
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Seems a pretty good episode, and it's more than just a filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Also, Evil-train-dude is easily 4th or 5th on the list of greatest things ever.
    Agreed, but only on the count of it being a Zelda Boss.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Noo Yawk
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    The writers. Definitely. For far too long, they've deprived Ash of a Dragon-type for no good reason. I mean, back in Kanto, sure, because the Dragon-type was seen as only manageable by experienced trainers! But now, Ash IS an experienced trainer! He's participated in four different Pokemon league tournaments, he's conquered the Battle Frontier, he's taken down four different legendary Pokemon! Doesn't Ash deserve to be treated like the veteran trainer he is? Doesn't he deserve a badass Pokemon like Gible, and eventually, Garchomp? I know he does! And I hate the writers for not realizing this!
    Ash will never be an experienced trainer because he wins all his battles based on luck. That being said, he still should be getting a Dragon,Psychic, Ghost, Steel, or Dark pokemon one of these years. Oh, and the character that did happen to catch Gible has an awful design.
    Last edited by Kabuto; 2nd October 2009 at 8:13 PM.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kabuto View Post
    Ash will never be an experienced trainer because he wins all his battles based on luck. That being said, he still should be getting a Dragon,Psychic, Ghost, Steel, or Dark pokemon one of these years. Oh, and the character that did happen to catch Gible has an awful design.
    That's so not true. He won all his battles based on his smart strategy.
    Ash's team right now


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

  16. #66
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,933

    Default

    -Blah blah Pokemon Center blah blah Brock hitting on Joy blah
    -Ash wants to catch the strong Pokemon that just beat up everyone else's Pokemon? How convenient that he actually wants to catch something now.
    -Good god I hate Kotone.
    -Summoning a meteor to smite Kotone and everyone standing near her? Aw, you didn't have to do that for me, anime!
    --"KAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAAAA!" This Gible has suddenly become one of my favorite Pokemon.
    -What's that, character who will leave at the end of this arc and never be heard from again? YOU want to catch Gible too? Gee golly jeepers, I wonder if you will?
    -Ash's Buizel still exists? Since when?
    -If only Ash had some sort of large, heavy turtle to endure Gible's sandstorm instead of Buizel being blown away like a feather...
    -Kotone, shut up.
    -Meowth, what's that good looking woman doing near Giovanni in your fantasy of the ep? Surely YOU'RE the only one good enough for the boss?
    -Whoa, whoa, Meowth! Making Fantasy Gio strip was uncalled for! And damn, you think he's muscular!
    -Meowth? I think people call Gible's line "land sharks" because they look like sharks, not because they are perfectly happy to swim in the water like sharks.
    -Can we get some Jaws Theme playing in here? Thanks in advance.
    -Ash almost hits Gible once while it's busy bragging about itself rocking so much.
    -Come to think of it, who invited you along, Kotone? Go away. Ash can fail to catch Gible without your gasps and "THAT THING JUST HAPPENED!" comments
    -Whatshisface is going to...fish for Gible...in the grass....well, whatever works for you, man!
    -And Dawn's helping. Oi.
    -Thatoneguy hooked...Piplup!
    -Gible shares my muderous rage towards Kotone. I like the cut of that dragon's jib!
    -I'll admit that I just got bored and ignored about ten minutes of the episode.
    -And I skipped to...a Smash Rocks On Your Head contest? Awesome!
    -Lawdy, that is a big boulder.
    -Hahaha, the DRAMATICALLY SHADED REACTION SHOTS are incredible.
    -And so, Gible gives itself a concussion and dies.
    -And Glassesdude catches Gible. Horray.


    The zany action shots were good, but other than that...this episode was really lacking. A typical HGSS Advertising Marathon ep, in other words!
    Last.fm
    ~~~

    Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Did everyone's IQ plummet in this episode? There was a serious lapse in judgment on the part of both the Pokemon and their trainers.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Dang! Ash didn't get gible... But at least kazunari has him.
    Ash wouldn't have gotten a strong pokemon like that anyways...
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

    Live To Win

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer_Dude View Post
    Dang! Ash didn't get gible... But at least kazunari has him.
    Ash wouldn't have gotten a strong pokemon like that anyways...
    No there's still hope
    Ash's team right now


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Invading Pekopon, de arimasu!
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer_Dude View Post
    Dang! Ash didn't get gible... But at least kazunari has him.
    Ash wouldn't have gotten a strong pokemon like that anyways...
    Did you just indirectly insult the awesome that is Buizel, Gligar, and Snorlax? (I'm not even going to go into how many fans Charizard has. I'll let them come to you)
    [img]http://i35.*******.com/2s0bg9h.png[/img]
    3DS FC: 1032 - 1228 - 8506 (Be sure to VM/PM me if you add me)
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Sorry i'm late to the party

    Anyway just saw the episode and i wasn't as disappointed as i'd though i'd be

    Thankg God Ash didn't catch Gible and give it to Kazunari that's what i was dreading the most

    The fact he caught gible himself..............with the help of gible smashing his head on a rock........made it acceptable

    Side Note: Buizel's water gun looks cooler the slightly new way it's drawn


    Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!


    I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,627

    Default

    I must say, I disliked Kotone a bit before this aired, but now I've fallen for her charm.

    This episode was actually entertaining. The Sharpedo chasing TR was hilarious.

    9/10

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Google Earth
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Yeah, the ending was very funny.
    Also, I kind of had a feeling that the Gible was gonna be caught by Kazunari. Call it a hunch.
    Plus, when I first saw the episode, I assumed that Gible was using Strength to pick up boulders, rather than Rock Throw.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,855

    Default

    I really wanted Ash to catch Gible like he caught krabby long ago. What's wrong with more than six pokemon? If you want to catch it then catch it. As for the the writers, they seems to really don't focus on Ash's success anymore. However, I think they focus too much elsewhere. Barry, Jessie, Dawn, Piplup, team galatic, and other random characters who show up and disappear in the end.

    My ideal battle ever!

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kabuto View Post
    Ash will never be an experienced trainer because he wins all his battles based on luck. That being said, he still should be getting a Dragon,Psychic, Ghost, Steel, or Dark pokemon one of these years. Oh, and the character that did happen to catch Gible has an awful design.
    lol

    Anyway, this episode isn't filler, and it normally would qualify as a fairly decent episode. Fukamaru is absolutely hilarious, and the rock-smashing-on-head "battle" made the episode worth the crap that was the rest of it.

    Oh, so that's how they're going to plot-device Takeshi out this time? Because no way can we have 5 characters at one time!

    I'll be honest, I have at least not hated all the supporting characters of Sinnoh. But I honestly have no desire to ever see this Johto duo ever, ever again. They get on my nerves a great deal.

    Also, awesome how outrageous Pokemon lose all personality after they get captured, isn't it?
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •