Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Rivalry to Gible On! (613)

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Did everyone's IQ plummet in this episode? There was a serious lapse in judgment on the part of both the Pokemon and their trainers.
    This is a regular thing in the world of pokemon. As for the whole "Ash not catching gible" thing, we should all know very well that Ash would more likely be friends with a pokemon instead of capturing them. In a way, Ash is very wise. Kazunari is a up and coming trainer, and Ash saw this as an opportunity to give him a nice push on the start of his journey. Think about it: If you were Kazunari and you saw potentially one of the strongest pokemon in the entire world, wouldn't you do anythign to get it? Wouldn't you be ****** that a guy who has been traveling for at least 3 to 4 years get an extremly rare pokemon while you miss you chance out of a maybe once in a lifetime opportunity. Beleive it or not, this is the nicest thing Ash has ever done for someone. Now Kazunari has something in his aresenal that will help him tremendously in his journey.

Who's Kanzu? (English please)

plus Ash doesn't DESERVE a Dragon Type! He would waste their talent...

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer_Dude View Post
    Dang! Ash didn't get gible... But at least kazunari has him.
    Ash wouldn't have gotten a strong pokemon like that anyways...
    Quote Originally Posted by LightingKimba View Post
    Did you just indirectly insult the awesome that is Buizel, Gligar, and Snorlax? (I'm not even going to go into how many fans Charizard has. I'll let them come to you)
    Yup...

Dude! You ever seen Charizard?! He goes into a battle, snorts smoke then stomps on the floor, causing the pokemon to go flying! He uses a weak gust with no effort into it to blow it away in an episode

He destroys almost everything! He defeated a Legendary Pokemon (in anime that's saying something). Honestly, in anime, Type means nothing.

He can pick anything up and send them crashing with Seismic Toss!

I can do sooooo much to you. Be happy I'm tired

Quote Originally Posted by LinkG07 View Post
    This is a regular thing in the world of pokemon. As for the whole "Ash not catching gible" thing, we should all know very well that Ash would more likely be friends with a pokemon instead of capturing them. In a way, Ash is very wise. Kazunari is a up and coming trainer, and Ash saw this as an opportunity to give him a nice push on the start of his journey. Think about it: If you were Kazunari and you saw potentially one of the strongest pokemon in the entire world, wouldn't you do anythign to get it? Wouldn't you be ****** that a guy who has been traveling for at least 3 to 4 years get an extremly rare pokemon while you miss you chance out of a maybe once in a lifetime opportunity. Beleive it or not, this is the nicest thing Ash has ever done for someone. Now Kazunari has something in his aresenal that will help him tremendously in his journey.
    ^This is winsauce and the truth. Ash is somewhat wise, just immature. He's also kind, he's not like Paul or anything. He doesn't need it. Ash gets like one strong pokemon per team (Just really tough and strong)

Kanto he gets Charizard.

Hoenn....Sceptile

Sinnoh...I do not know. Some are alright some suck some are good. Can't tell until this season is over
    Last edited by Bossk; 28th October 2009 at 4:30 AM.

Ash is going to get Gible! Those crafty writters have been toying with us!
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilverMstr411 View Post
    Ash is going to get Gible! Those crafty writters have been toying with us!
    Yes they have.

Did Ash mention anything about his Totodile in this episode?
    Plat FC: ???? ???? ????
    Name: SCOTT

I lost My DS along with my Platinum game.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainwashed View Post
    Did Ash mention anything about his Totodile in this episode?
    I seriously doubt it. We'll still find out whenever the hell it comes out in english.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    I seriously doubt it. We'll still find out whenever the hell it comes out in english.
    Yeah I thought someone said it on here on the forums.
    Plat FC: ???? ???? ????
    Name: SCOTT

I lost My DS along with my Platinum game.

Nevermind...I think I answered my own question.
    Last edited by OrangeJumpsuit1; 27th November 2009 at 8:55 AM.

Too bad Ash didn't get the Gible.

I was happy to see Monferno.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I thought that besides that it showed Buizel and Monferno, this might just be one of those forgettable episodes of Sinnoh. Especially since it's basically redone in a better way just a few weeks later anyway. It'dve been fun to compare Gibles, but the matter of the fact is that Kazunari's Gible will almost likely will never be heard of ever again...

Ps. There's a very slim chance that we'll see them in the Pokethlon though..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

This was a cool episode. There was a lot of love with Lyra and Dawn to Khoury and Ash. Nice to see Khoury catch a Pokemon.

10/10
    It was a truly good episode. Khoury got a new Pokemon and it was nice to see Ash wanting one. That Gible sure it strong too.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Ash and .co LOL! Thats pretty funny nice
    <<http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFizzMonkey >>

Please click on this egg so it doesn't die

It was simply a remarkable episode. I'm glad to have a Gible to catch on this morning.

All of the shipping moments were cute. Te rock crushing contest that Gible and Totodile had was quite amusing though it was a shame that Totodile couldn't participate in the last boulder well. That said, Ash was petty cool in this episode and for some reason I found him quite amusing. It must be because he was being contrasted with Khoury and that little fight he had with Dawn.

I've been pronouncing Gible wrong the whole time... O_O

Lyra's quite the little matchmaker isn't she?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

It's a good episode. That Gible must have been tough to catch. And Lyra being cupid was fun for the shippers out there.

There goes Lyra again, man I love her so much. XD She continues to amaze me in every way in these episodes. Especially calling Dawn, Dane still. (never gets old) And pushing her and Khoury together. hehe. x3

I dont know why, I just found it funny they fished for Gible. xD But they caught Piplup twice too. :P

The episode was great too. Glad to see Khoury caught Gible! Also nice to see he's getting positive. x3

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Looks like Khoury just caught his first "uber" Pokemon, and I like how Lyra likes to pair up her friends, which is something I like to do with characters from other series. Also, I've finally realized that I've been pronouncing Gible's name wrong for all this time.
    Last edited by Dattebayo; 20th February 2010 at 4:50 PM.

Poor Piplup.Seriously, stuff like always happens to him! He has the worst luck!

I knew Team Rocket was fishing a Sharpedo, I just didn't relise they were that big!

Why does Lyra call Dwn, Dane?!?!
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

Well I watched the dubbed version and I thought it was fairly funny, especially the scene where Brock once again makes a fool of himself infront of Nurse Joy. I liked that Corey (I'm spelling it like this) seemed to have a bit more passion in this episode as opposed to the previous episode where he was cowardly. I liked that Gible made a fool out of all of them while managing to escape their capture tactics. A lot of Shipping stuff took place in this episode, which makes me wonder if they only added Lyra to the anime to please some of the Shippers out there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I've been doing the same. I always pronounced it Guy-ble. I was wondering which way the dub would go with the name.

3DS FC: 1950-8136-0088

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I've been doing the same. I always pronounced it Guy-ble. I was wondering which way the dub would go with the name.

3DS FC: 1950-8136-0088

omg Giovanni is buffed. Looks like meowth is up to no good!

Pokeshipping, AGAIN! :P

Good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by BogleDominic Crazy Anime View Post
    omg Giovanni is buffed. Looks like meowth is up to no good!

Pokeshipping, AGAIN! :P

Good episode.
    I think he's only "buff" in Meowth's imagination. Not sure if we've ever seen Giovanni in that light before. Meowth's fantasy scenes get weirder and weirder in every episode, which is delightful.

I'm unsure as to why they included the whole Team Rocket fishing scene though, maybe just to give them something to do. I was surprised that they didn't try to steal Pikachu this time around.

And it's not PokeShipping, that's Ash x Misty btw.
    Last edited by Lorde; 20th February 2010 at 6:36 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast