Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dressed for Jess Success! (614)

Default Dressed for Jess Success! (614)

Pokémon Contest! Suiren Convention!

Finally in Suiren Town, it is time for Dawn's next contest campaign in order for her to try and earn her 5th and final ribbon. Training her Cyndaquil & Mamoswine, she is eager to win. With her strategy for Mamoswine mimiccing Grotle's strategy that it used against Palmer, she is sure to have a chance. However, with James replacing Jessie in the contest due to illness, she is sure to have a massive challenge on her hands. Will Dawn win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

James is awesome. That's all I can say, really.

I really liked how cool Carnivine was in this ep. From the moment it stole Mamoswine's Ice Shard, it was the same moment where Carnivine was going to pretty much kick some arse in this ep.
    [img]http://i35.*******.com/2s0bg9h.png[/img]
    3DS FC: 1032 - 1228 - 8506 (Be sure to VM/PM me if you add me)
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

Talking

James won. This almost makes up for the writers' horrible mistake in the previous episode. Almost. But still, JAMES WON! YES!

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Yayy for james I Knew that he was going to win this one carnivine was amazing

Yay! I was hoping James would win this one. Goes to show that sometimes theres nothing wrong with cheating.

Lol so its true Team Rocket scored thier 3rd ribbon. Did James beat dawn in the final?
    My Black F/C: 3353 7681 7071

I like to be the Fire that surrounds Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Boomguy View Post
    Lol so its true Team Rocket scored thier 3rd ribbon. Did James beat dawn in the final?
    Yes. And the whole battle was simply amazin' for a Contest ep.
    [img]http://i35.*******.com/2s0bg9h.png[/img]
    3DS FC: 1032 - 1228 - 8506 (Be sure to VM/PM me if you add me)
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

So I take it Piplup DIDN'T learn Surf? Sigh, damn contest appeals.......just a modified whirlpool..
    “Heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves.”

Quote Originally Posted by ~AussieWonder~ View Post
    So I take it Piplup DIDN'T learn Surf? Sigh, damn contest appeals.......just a modified whirlpool..
    not really... a whirlpool covered over a penguin using BIDE.

omfg... mamoswine went berserk in the episode.. it even ended up destroying the jury stand. yay Jessie 3 ribbons...

Pretty cool way to take this thing, and always great to see James and Meowth succeed, as well as success for Carnivine, who I've never felt has made enough of an impact on the series.

I worry for Dawn's future as a Coordinator if James of all people could beat her. I mean, I understand that this was Mamoswine's first Contest, but... I mean, it's JAMES.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

James has his awesome moments. hell i think if james werent part of team rocket and actually used his pokemon like mime.jr to their full potential he could be pretty good
    SoulSilver FC: 2107-0840-3264
    Name: Dome

Dang Carnivine totally owned Mamoswine in the battle, and if I looked at the pics on flib.de correctly then Mamo took out the judges station.

Gotta hand it to James though, he really stepped up his game and the appeal with Meowth was brilliant, since we haven't seen an appeal like it in a contest, though when Jessie borrowed Cacturne from Harley it did slice up a turnip, but this was WAY better. Now Jessie has 3 ribbons, and I'm going to guess that either she gets all 5 and goes to the GF when Dawn does, or she gets 4 battles Dawn in the finals of the very last contest and loses.

I must say this episode made me happy, and made up for the crap that was the Gible episode. Sorry I just don't like Kazunari. I had a feeling he'd get it in the end, but he's just so annoying.

Well what a wiird week it has been.
    James winning a contest.
    Ash losing a Gible.

What are you on writers?
    Sure Jessie needs ribbons but couldn't you have pulled another Fantina- contest battle while a gym however we would have missed these examples of unexpected awesomeness.
    Fiery Oxidation!
    -The spark plug of versatility.
    - Cutest fire type ever!
    ★ Signature was over the maximum height so it was eaten. Read the Sig Rules! Oyeak.
    Hmm, what should I do today? Mow the lawn or cook a casserole?
    Lawnmower, what did I tell you, don't eat the signatures! DIED: May 29, 2009
    Reobtained June 07, 2009- Used against Fantina
    Guys, Ashy Boy knew what he was doing against Morty- Noctowl kicks ghost hiney indefinitely.

i suprised they didn't ban dawn from competeing in contests due to what happened, i mean Mamoswine freaking lost it when it faught Carnivine.

I've got to say that this surprised me. But good for James. From what I remember he hasn't had a shinning moment in Sinnoh until now. I guess Dawn still need some trainning to do. Plus it not like we've seen her train with Mamoswine during the time that Ash battle Palmer until now.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Pokemon Contest! Mamoswine Goes Nuts!

I worry for Dawn's future as a Coordinator if James of all people could beat her. I mean, I understand that this was Mamoswine's first Contest, but... I mean, it's JAMES.
    James is the better Trainer between him and Jessie. It's just he very rarely battles because he doesn't like seeing his Pokemon hurt.

Guy has a big heart to do something like this in light of that. Really.

Sure Jessie needs ribbons but couldn't you have pulled another Fantina- contest battle while a gym however we would have missed these examples of unexpected awesomeness.
    We'll probably see that anyway since Jessie needs 2 and Dawn just needs 1 more. Besides Jessie (or James ... whatever) is the only one of Dawn's regular Rivals that hasn't beaten her directly yet. Dawn will probably win her next Contest in any case. It's not like she isn't getting into the Grand Festival.

From what I remember he hasn't had a shinning moment in Sinnoh until now.
    Yep. This has been a long time coming for him and Meowth both.

Yeah, the next contest will likely be the last one of Sinnoh.

Jessie's 4th ribbon will probably happen quickly off-screen like the second ribbon win...

The final contest could come down to Dawn Vs. Jessie for the 5th, like the BF arc ended with May Vs. Jessie for the final ribbon. Back then Jessie was using Harley's Pokemon though, so this time she would use her own.

I can't believe that James managed to pull it off. First he beat Dawn in the semi-finals then win the the ribbon which is count as Jessie's third ribbon. If there was two more contests like 1 is for Jessie and the other one is four Dawn. Then both will be in the Grand Festival. And when Jessie loses, then her identity will be revealed. I'm sorry that Dawn lost this contest. But I know that she will win in the end.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The final contest could come down to Dawn Vs. Jessie for the 5th, like the BF arc ended with May Vs. Jessie for the final ribbon. Back then Jessie was using Harley's Pokemon though, so this time she would use her own.
    The difference is, is that even if she had beaten May all she would've done was prevent her from entering the grand festival, this time the stakes are alot higher because if Jessie does infact earn a 4th ribbon "offscreen" then we would have quite the situation on our hands assuming the next contest Dawn enters is her last one, because if she and Jessie do compete for the last ribbon it wouldn't be fair to whoever loses the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Osiris View Post
    James seemed to be stronger than Jessie which was the weird part. At the end Jessie hugged him and Meowth and then said something that really freaked him out. I have a feeling she told him to dress up as Candy Musaline(is that what she's called?) in every contest from now on, is that right? IMO it'll last until Dawn's next contest where she defeats James.

Mamoswine needs some extra training. It definitely doesn't need to become any stronger, it's powerful enough as it is. It does need some contest training though. From what I could gather Mamoswine seemed to get angry and begin disobeying Dawn again. Rather than attacking smart it just started rampaging sloppy and out of control costing Dawn all of her points. I think Dawn will teach it to calm down a bit and use it for her next contest because right now it acts like a spoiled fat child that angrily thrashes any one that insults him/her. Think Choji from Naruto.

So now that CyberCubed reminded me that in Hoenn the last ribbon came after the gym battle, that's probably what will happen in Sinnoh too.

In my opinion this is how the contest arc will go from this point on:

- Musaline(James) will win a ribbon while Ash battles Volkner.
    - Dawn will enter another contest shortly after the Sunnyshore arc, using Mamoswine again. She will defeat James in the second battle and defeat a powerful one-shot rival in the final round earning her 5th ribbon.
    - There will be a Team Rocket-centric episode where Jessie win her final ribbon.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Ah man. Its indigo Saga all over again where Ash's Charizard disobeying him. But it seems that Ash and Dawn were happy with each other again in this contest episode. it's a terrible loss for dawn but I'm sure that she will earn the last Ribbon and try yo win the Grand Festival.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

I knew this would happen, i think i called it back in the episode discussion thread about mamoswine getting angry and going crazy. I actually think it was done quite well and made it very intense. I enjoyed watching the way it played out. Good Episode in my book!

Can anyone please tell me what role the Ginga's played?
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast