Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dressed for Jess Success! (614)

Hopefully this episode does not cause people to think that "cheating" is good.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Jeez... Mamoswine totally lost it's temper. And having it crash into the judges' stands... man! So far, this is my most favorite contest ep hands down.

The animation- love it
    The battle between James & Dawn- love it
    James competing for Jessie- love it

Also, I love the new ending theme. It's so cute~ I like the animation for it, too. And... the Psyduck part... yeah. Overall, great episode. *thumbs up*

I found this episode quite strange for the dawn vs james battle. Back in hoenn, when may used bulbasaur for it's first contest and she pushed it too much in her battle she was disqualified but here when dawn clearly loses control of mamoswine, she is still allowed to battle and even after it smashes the judges stand they don't disqualify her they just let the time run out( although from what I saw there was only like 10 seconds left).

Note: I'm not comparing characters here since the contest judges are the same in all regions aren't they.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    There isn't one in the intro because they want to surprise us. They're thinking "OK guys, what do the fans who watch Pokemon want MOST of all from the upcoming League?"

The answer, of course, is a generic League Rival introduced JUST before the tournament that will somehow steal the spotlight from Paul, Barry, Nando and Conway!

However they can't reveal it just yet. They want us to let our guards down. They want us to think they've changed by introducing four trainers that would eventually go on to face Ash in the League as opposed to Last Second Rival-son.

I won't rest though. I'll be waiting, and if he does appear, which he will I'll be ready to jump out and punch him in the face.

Wow, I loved this episode. Meowth did such a good job and so did James, I'm so glad he won. Pearlshipping FYI. Brocks one now HA.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

That battle was so one sided.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/ztynn7.png[/IMG]
    That's why Rock Slide is better than Stone Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Can anyone please tell me what role the Ginga's played?
    None. There was just a two minute preview to the Team Galactic finalle that's supposed to begin in November

- Grotle vs Mamoswine
    - Grotle absorbs it's energy ball the same way it does against Palmer. I guess this is going to be a recurring thing
    - Mamoswine absorbs it's ice shard the same way and grows ice spikes on it's back.
    - After watching Ash and Dawn train Cyndaquil asks Dawn if it can train too. It tries to make a really large flame on it's back but fails and becomes exhausted. It can't make huge flames but at least it can fire up it's back when ever it needs to unlike Ash's at the beginning of Johto.
    - Piplup is happy about Cyndaquil's failure
    - Dawn hugs Cyndaquil upsetting Piplup and is burned by it's back flame
    - Jessie has swine flu. I knew Dawn shouldn't have caught Swinub
    - Wow that waiting room is full... like every trainer has a pokemon following them *cough*HGSS*cough*
    - At first I thought Kotone was grabbing James chest and would notice he didn't have boobs. But she was just looking at a ribbon on the dress. I think the writers purposely had her do that to make us older viewers think the same thing.
    - Piplup absorbs it's whirlpool's power the same way Grotle absorbs energy ball and Mamoswine absorbs ice shard. If they find a way for all of Ash's and Dawn's pokemon to do this then the rest of the saga is gonna be one DEM battle after another. Cyndaquil already seems like it's trying to learn how and Monferno will probably do it to control blaze. It's a cool concept but it shouldn't be abused.
    - Sentret, Jumpluff, Magby, Hitmontop, TYRANITARRRR!!?? Hm...
    - Meowth makes ramen for the judges and the Team Rocket guy from "Noodles, Roamin' Off" makes a cameo appearence. That episode is officially no longer filler since it's important to the story.
    - Jessie watches on TV while Meowth is in the audience all alone
    - Dawn and Jessie both advance.
    - Dawn's first opponet has an epic seal. BOOM.
    - Granbull's fire fang looks pretty cool. It covers the big purple fangs too
    - Mamoswine swallows ice shard, surrounds itself with hidden power and one-hit KOs the Granbull with a hidden power-tackle
    - James beats a Corsola..Johto pokemon...
    - Flaffy vs Shuckle..More Johto pokemon
    - Tyrouge vs Meganium..more Johto pokemon
    - Carnivine steals Mamoswine's ice shard with vine whip before it can be eaten. It then hits Mamoswine with it's own attack
    - Mamoswine gets angry and disobeys Dawn. It uses take down which is continuously dodged and causes Dawn most of her points
    - Carnivine uses vine whip to pull in Mamoswine by it's tusks and flip it over. It smashes into the judges stand and breaks it into little pieces.
    - Mamoswine still hasn't fainted after all of that but it doesn't matter. Time is up and Dawn has lost.
    - James has another battle which he wins.
    - James delivers the ribbon to Jessie.
    - Jessie hugs him and Meowth
    - Jessie is determibed to win her last two ribbons

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    At the end Jessie hugged him and Meowth and then said something that really freaked him out. I have a feeling she told him to dress up as Candy Musaline(is that what she's called?) in every contest from now on, is that right? IMO it'll last until Dawn's next contest where she defeats James.
    It seemed to me that she was mad that they messed with her style or something with Meowth's appeal. Remember, she didn't seem very happy after they made the ramen for the judges.

Btw, the ending theme confused and frightened me ;_;

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

So extremely smart of the writers to use vine whip to steal the Ice shard
    My Black F/C: 3353 7681 7071

I like to be the Fire that surrounds Darkness

- Piplup absorbs it's whirlpool's power the same way Grotle absorbs energy ball and Mamoswine absorbs ice shard. If they find a way for all of Ash's and Dawn's pokemon to do this then the rest of the saga is gonna be one DEM battle after another. Cyndaquil already seems like it's trying to learn how and Monferno will probably do it to control blaze. It's a cool concept but it shouldn't be abused.

I agree with this. I don't want to see this happening with the rest of their Pokemon. I'm fine with Grotle and Mamoswine doing it, but IMO Mamoswine really doesn't need anymore power. It just needs to be used and controlled better.

I'm neutral about Monferno doing it to control Blaze. I'd rather it naturally controlled it through evolution to Infernape. Piplup and Buizel should learn an attack or something if they want to power up. Gliscor and Staraptor don't really have anything they can absorb. Pikachu has sorta already been there, and I hope it doesn't go there again (THUNDERRR ARMORZZZZ!!). Buneary doesn't have anything special to absorb unless its next appeal is to become an ice sculpture. I can't see Pachirisu absorbing any electricity (again no damn Thunder Armor!). Cyndaquil could possibly work something out with Swift or learn Ember or something.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

It was nice seeing James win it. I really hope Jessie wins her last two ribbions and makes it to the GF.

Now that Jessie has three ribbons period it's a given that she'll get the last two. What I really want to see is how Jessie will do in the GF! How totally awesome & epic would it be if she actually won !

Kinda ironic how a seemingly awesome power-up never results in the user winning so far.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Dawn totally bombed this contest. She barely even touched Carnivine. I'm glad that Jessie/James won this, and it's obvious that she'll be in the festival.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

This is a contest. As some of you who pay attention may have noticed. I am dreadfully bored with DP contests. (although this one is heavily James-focused and so it's not bad at all) Therefore, this will not receive the usual bulletpoint summary.

Good parts of this episode:
    -The scene at the start with Jessie being sick as a dog but still desperately trying to convince her friends to let her participate in the contest
    -POMPADOUR MAN among the generic coordinators we're not supposed to care about
    -James' high pitched disguise voice.
    -James/Meowth's appeal. Horray for creativity!
    -Cameo of that guy from the TR Split Up Because Of Ramen Or Something episode!
    -Jessie commenting on the contest throughout as she watches it on TV
    -James' battle with Dawn. Using Vine Whip to snatch away the ball of energy that Mamoswine was charging up? Now that's creativity! (oh, and there's the part where James beats the snot out of Dawn. Mmm, TR doing well in battles...)
    -The scene at the end of the episode that reminded me why Jessie is awesome. I'm not sure why she was angry with James/Meowth, but her enthusiasm to be a TOP COORDINATOR! and her love of her friends was more prominent than her sudden rage. Three dimensional characters! You gotta love 'em! And of coures, you gotta love those eps that remind us of how TR is like one big happy family.

Bad parts of this episode:
    -Kotone. Go away! Shut up! Be invisible!
    -Dawn in the contest. Your contest arc is boring. Go away. Or figure out some way to make it interesting without making James cross-dress all the time. Hell, just make your contest arc Jessie's contest arc. I won't mind.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Ok james won but he hardly "beat" dawn, so that hype is just ridiculous. Dawn never got the chance to be in control of her battle. Mamoswine got angry because carnivine stole it ice shard and stop listening and james capitalize on this. im pretty sure if mamoswine had listened, dawn probably would have won. having mamoswine disobyed was thev writers way of giving team rocket the victory with out trivializing dawn's skills or accomplishments as a trainer.
    A strong offence makes for a great defence.

!!!I don't say anything I can't back up, so tread cautiously if you dare challenge my views!!!

This was the worst contest ever! It was horrible! Mamoswine needs to control its temper!
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I thought the fresh elements in this particular contest made it the best contest in quite a while. Crossdressing James is worth price of admission alone, but other things like Meowth's first legitimate appeal, the ramen shop dude cameo, and an interesting bout with Mamoswine proving that as tame as it may now be, Dawn is not yet in full control of its power. Oh, and James won something. How amazing is that? The battle, while one-sided, was enjoyable. Carnivine never fails to amuse, from toying with the Ice Ball to its random ballet performance on the battlefield.

I love how Mamoswine emerges in perfume from it's stickered Pokeball. Two losses in a row is pretty steep, especially for the final ribbon, but I guess this contest arc needs to be dragged out as much as possible. I've talked about how the show has sort of slumped in the process of advertising Johto, but even though Johto was still present here (they dedicated a good minute to a Granbull battle, and we hardly ever see matches against background characters in contests nowadays), this was a higher quality episode than the last several.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I thought the fresh elements in this particular contest made it the best contest in quite a while. Crossdressing James is worth price of admission alone, but other things like Meowth's first legitimate appeal, the ramen shop dude cameo, and an interesting bout with Mamoswine proving that as tame as it may now be, Dawn is not yet in full control of its power. Oh, and James won something. How amazing is that? The battle, while one-sided, was enjoyable. Carnivine never fails to amuse, from toying with the Ice Ball to its random ballet performance on the battlefield.

I love how Mamoswine emerges in perfume from it's stickered Pokeball. Two losses in a row is pretty steep, especially for the final ribbon, but I guess this contest arc needs to be dragged out as much as possible. I've talked about how the show has sort of slumped in the process of advertising Johto, but even though Johto was still present here (they dedicated a good minute to a Granbull battle, and we hardly ever see matches against background characters in contests nowadays), this was a higher quality episode than the last several.
    and thats y i think he's a better coordinator than jessie.
    Ash's team right now

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

James did much better than I thought he'd do and it shows that he is quite strong(Won his first ever contest) But still Dawn shouldn't have lost if she wants to become a champion coordinator. Also looking forward to seeing if Jessie qualifies for the GF or not.

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    but other things like Meowth's first legitimate appeal,

No it wasn't. Meowth did an ice sculpture of Giovanni in the Pacifidlog contest.

I thought this episode was great...because of many of the things SSuikun said. At the end of the contest I wanted to cry for Mamoswine. It looked so upset that it screwed up so badly. What I don't get is, why didn't Mamoswine just open its mouth when Carnivine sent the Ice Shard back at it? Oh well.

I've always wanted to see James in a contest, albeit as himself (or someone like Jameson or something). I hope he tries one out on his own one time.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

James seemed to be stronger than Jessie which was the weird part. At the end Jessie hugged him and Meowth and then said something that really freaked him out. I have a feeling she told him to dress up as Candy Musaline(is that what she's called?) in every contest from now on, is that right? IMO it'll last until Dawn's next contest where she defeats James.
    No, no, NO. She was angry that she didn't get her screentime, and then she announced something that she is the real Candy Musarina and put her dress on.

And she was upset at the appeal because she was jealous of the applauds that Kojiro got. :P

I really liked this episode o be honest it had alot of fresh material

The art was amazing and i really like the new swallow tactic (Dirty!!!)
    James is one hell of a coordinator isn't he..he got one hell of a pop offf the crowd
    The final battle was amazing with Mamoswine going back to his roots and being really tempermental and Carnivine showing us how brilliant a battler he is by whooping Mamo without any effort
    SO HAPPY JAMES WON AND JESSIE GOT ANOTHER RIBBON!!!

GOOD TIMES!!!!

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

So Dawn lost, right? And James disguised himself as Jessie when she was sick and won the ribbon for her? Wow. Tough luck for Mamoswine. Dawn looked pretty prepared for the contest as well.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Dawn needs to get less ribbons than Ash needs badges, so why is it so hard for Dawn to win just one more ribbon? Contests are so stupid. If she was a trainer she could just get a rematch from a gymleader but for a coordinater she has to wait to get to another town. So sad. And how could she even think of usng Mamoswine when she darn well knows it hasn't been trained well to listen to her enough? Often she doesn't seem to think.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    If she was a trainer she could just get a rematch from a gymleader but for a coordinater she has to wait to get to another town.
    Isn't that why getting ribbons is harder? You can't just ask for a rematch like a Gym.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast