Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water team

Default Water team

After much consideration i have devised a water type team with a twist, my greatest invention(i think, please dont kill me), CROPERT. this is NOT for BT but for battles with friends and for fun

Lead:

Kyogre (Modest) @Leftovers
    Drizzle
    ~Surf
    ~Ice beam
    ~Thunder
    ~Calm mind

He sets up sub, the CMs and attacks, very simple

Physical sweeper:

Kingdra (Adamant) @Leftovers
    Swift swim
    ~Dragon Dance
    ~Outrage
    ~Waterfall
    ~Substitute/Yawn

Standard Dragon dance Kingdra

Tentacruel (Calm) @Leftovers
    Liquid ooze
    ~Toxic Spikes
    ~Rapid Spin
    ~HP Electric
    ~Surf

Standard spiker

Special Sweeper:

Lanturn (Calm) @Leftovers
    Volt absorb(What else?)
    ~Surf
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Toxic

Standard Standard Standard, see my problem? STANDARD help me kill off standard

Main Attacker 1:

Manaphy (Timid) @Life orb
    Hydration
    ~Rest
    ~Surf
    ~Tail Glow
    ~Ice beam

pure PWNAGE. rest + hydration + Kyogre's neverending rain makes this a healing BEAST. Tail Glow for Power up and Surf for STAB. Ice beam for coverage.

Main Attacker 2:

Swampert (Careful) @Leftovers
    Torrent
    ~Rest
    ~Sleep Talk
    ~Waterfall
    ~Brick break

The Star of the show, Cropert uses rest and sleep talk along with waterfall and brick break

i'm pretty sure the main water weaknesses are covered

deleted spams that people do cuz it entices them....

Things in Bold are edited
    Last edited by Lucario0708; 9th October 2009 at 1:24 AM.

He's here on our backs
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/4htlog.png[/IMG]
    and in our hearts!
    Check out my Fan-Fic

Spoiler:- image thanks:

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario0708 View Post
    After much consideration i have devised a water type team with a twist, my greatest invention(i think, please dont kill me), CROPERT. this is NOT for BT but for battles with friends and for fun

Lead:

Kyogre (Modest) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Hp
    ~Surf
    ~Ice beam
    ~Substitute
    ~Calm mind

He sets up sub, the CMs and attacks, very simple

Lefties is better here. It can let Kyogre stick around for a while. Power shouldn't be an issue here considering Kyogre's huge Special Attack score.

Physical sweeper:

Walrein (Careful) @Leftovers
    Thick fat
    ~Curse
    ~Avalanche
    ~Earthquake
    ~Rest / yawn

Standard curse walrein, very standard

I would probably go with Yawn over Rest to force switches.

Tentacruel (Calm) @Leftovers
    Liquid ooze
    ~Toxic Spikes
    ~Rapid Spin
    ~Sludge Bomb / HP Electric
    ~Surf

Standard spiker

HP [Electric] over Sludge Bomb. Ice Beam is another option over Sludge Bomb / HP [Electric] though.

Special Sweeper:

Lanturn (Calm) @Leftovers
    Volt absorb(What else?)
    ~Surf
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Thunder Wave / Toxic

Standard Standard Standard, see my problem? STANDARD help me kill off standard

Volt Absorb is the only Ability you should be using here.

Main Attacker 1:

Manaphy (Timid) @Life orb
    Hydration
    ~Rest
    ~Surf
    ~Tail Glow
    ~Ice beam

pure PWNAGE. rest + hydration + Kyogre's neverending rain makes this a healing BEAST. Tail Glow for Power up and Surf for STAB. Ice beam for coverage.

Fine.

Main Attacker 2:

Swampert (Careful) @Leftovers
    Torrent
    ~Rest
    ~Sleep Talk
    ~Waterfall
    ~Brick break

The Star of the show, Cropert uses rest and sleep talk along with waterfall and brick break

Fine. I guess.

i'm pretty sure the main water weaknesses are covered

and please, no, wHy DoEsN't ThIs TeAm HaVe GyArAdOs, hE iS tEh PwNz0rZ!!!!!!!!11111111 YoU aRe An IdIoT fOr NoT pUtTiNg HiM iN hEaR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

or

WaTeR sUx, FyRe RuLeZ yEr SkOoLz!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

or

WhY R U UziNg UBeRZ NooB!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111
    Suggestions bolded and also last part fixed for emphasis and LOLz. You also have nothing to really hit Shedinja with if Toxic Spikes aren't up. It will actually wall your entire team if they aren't up. You probably should go with Toxic on Lanturn over Thunder Wave for that reason since Status bypasses Wonder Guard.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

dude ur gonna get friggin killed out there now think of them making an electric legendary besides rotom ur screwd regardless
    Alpha Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Dan The Poke Man View Post
    dude ur gonna get friggin killed out there now think of them making an electric legendary besides rotom ur screwd regardless
    U R SO RITE.

No. That's the point of having a a monotype team... it's for the challenge. Swampert can help you with your Rotom problem, but I'd suggest running something like Kingdra since this team will be destroyed by ScarfMie if you use it competitively... Kingdra won't take more then neutral damage from any attack from Starmie and can switch into Surf easily. I'd also suggest adding something like Zapdos or Raikou... preferably Raikou since Zapdos might want Heat Wave to get rid of Grass types. The sets are your choice. As of now Lanturn is your only hope against Starmie. Also Lanturn wants Thunder over Thunderbolt...

P.S. By the way Rotom isn't legendary, and Zapdos and Raikou are.
    Last edited by Ampy; 6th October 2009 at 2:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan The Poke Man View Post
    Kindly shut up with your bad knowledge. Swampert is immune to Electric Attacks and Lanturn is immune to them and uses them for recovery. Kyogre also can't be hurt be Special Attacks when behind a Sub after a few Calm Minds.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

wHy DoEsN't ThIs TeAm HaVe GyArAdOs, hE iS tEh PwNz0rZ!!!!!!!!11111111 YoU aRe An IdIoT fOr NoT pUtTiNg HiM iN hEaR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 WaTeR sUx, FyRe RuLeZ yEr SkOoLz!!!!!!!!!!!11111111
    This signature is horrendously outdated.

Please, for the love of God(or whatever you believe in), PLEASE put THUNDER on either KYOGRE or LANTURN. 120BP+100%acc. in rain=Ouch. Do you even need Sub on Kyogre? I'd put Thunder there personally. And over Thunderbolt on Lanturn if you decide to put it there.
    And on a lighter note, take full advantage of the rain and add a Luvdisc to your team to sweep with also.
    .:I reach out my hand and find you there:.

Does Damp Rock work on Kyogre? Wouldn't that be a good option to have, to prolong the Rain
    Hey, you, over there
    Keep the L up, 'cause I don't care

Yeah,
    L-o-s-e-r
    I can only be who I are!

Quote Originally Posted by Final View Post
    Kindly shut up with your bad knowledge. Swampert is immune to Electric Attacks and Lanturn is immune to them and uses them for recovery. Kyogre also can't be hurt be Special Attacks when behind a Sub after a few Calm Minds.
    exuse me i didnt see swampert im not big on reading i read water type team and kyogre and then i posted sorry for my lack of reading
    Alpha Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    Does Damp Rock work on Kyogre? Wouldn't that be a good option to have, to prolong the Rain
    Doesn't the Drizzle ability last the whole battle, so there's no need for Damp Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    U R SO RITE.

No. That's the point of having a a monotype team... it's for the challenge. Swampert can help you with your Rotom problem, but I'd suggest running something like Kingdra since this team will be destroyed by ScarfMie if you use it competitively... Kingdra won't take more then neutral damage from any attack from Starmie and can switch into Surf easily. I'd also suggest adding something like Zapdos or Raikou... preferably Raikou since Zapdos might want Heat Wave to get rid of Grass types. The sets are your choice. As of now Lanturn is your only hope against Starmie. Also Lanturn wants Thunder over Thunderbolt...

i didnt remembers zapdos and raikou i havent seen them forevers
    Alpha Sapphire

Eon, yes i believe in God, and ON TOPIC i'm retarded for not using thunder

Final, thanks, i'll take it into consideration

Vappy, i asked for no one to do that, so instead of spamming, can u rate please?

EDIT: if i DO put in Kingdra, who will he replace?

Ray Ray, Thats why i HAVE kyogre, so his ability makes neverending rain unless another weather affect comes which then i just switch out and back to kyogre, which those sandstreamers(Tyranitar / Groudon / Hippowdon) will get killed by surf anyway
    Last edited by Lucario0708; 7th October 2009 at 2:46 AM.

He's here on our backs
    and in our hearts!
    Check out my Fan-Fic

Actually Zapdos or Raikou are the better choices here... Raikou can be a beast with Rain up

^The team is water monotype, see the title :/
    On topic, Kingdra over Walrein. He's not doing much for the team support, and you have a Curse user already. And since CroPert is supposed to be "The Star of the Show", you can replace Walrein.

I don't see how Swampert's supposed to be your main here. Your Team is not supporting him at all, in fact this Team is basically just Kyogre and five random water pokemon thrown together.

Also Rain offence is supposed to be fast and quick hitting, not bulky and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    ^The team is water monotype, see the title :/
    On topic, Kingdra over Walrein. He's not doing much for the team support, and you have a Curse user already. And since CroPert is supposed to be "The Star of the Show", you can replace Walrein.
    :/

Monotype teams can have 1 wildcard (although I don't know if that applies to what the OP wants)

Monotype teams can have 1 wildcard (although I don't know if that applies to what the OP wants)
    This accounts for "Competitive" mono type teams. Not to mention he already has no wild card so if you ask me it should be assumed he doesn't want one.

Just throwing my two cents out there.

Yes, I know exactly why I said "I don't know if the OP wants one"

You should throw in a Kingdra. It's only weak to Dragon so it's more types your opponent is going to need.

^

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    U R SO RITE.

Thanks for repeating me :/

I seriously think Gyarados would work well with this team. It reduces your 5/6 weakness to Grass to a (slightly) more bearable 4/6. I know you don't want to use it, but give it a bit of consideration.

Kingdra, as has been suggested multiple times, would also fit brilliantly.

Whichever you choose, replace Walrein. These guys make much better physical sweepers.

Ya, i'm picking Kingdra over Walrein

Tyrant, thats just what people will think, that in rain dance i hit fast and hit hard, but they will be surprised when bulky and slow defeats their pokemon prepared for Speed

He's here on our backs
    and in our hearts!
    Check out my Fan-Fic

Tyrant, thats just what people will think, that in rain dance i hit fast and hit hard, but they will be surprised when bulky and slow defeats their pokemon prepared for Speed
    There's a major difference between using something unexpected and using something that doesn't work. People use fast sweepers for a reason; one of the main reasons for using Rain Dance is Swift Swim. When using bulky and slow Pokemon you'll find yourself having just set up, ready to sweep, then Rain Dance runs out because you had been wasting precious time of it healing and setting up.

tl;dr your logic is flawed.

just to say, are you forgetting kyogre's ability makes neverending rain unless someone puts a new weather effect in?

He's here on our backs
    and in our hearts!
    Check out my Fan-Fic

Indeed I am. My fault in that respect, however the point still stands that most Pokemon that work best in Rain work best as fast sweepers.

If you want a bulky style, play Sandstorm. If you want a Stall style, play Hail. If you want a fast, quick offensive style, play Rain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast